Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General
Reload this Page Your first Pokémon experience?

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon General Theories, experiences and other discussions regarding the Pokémon franchise that can't be covered in any of the other boards.

Old November 16th, 2012 (05:50 PM).

As the title suggests what was the first thing that you experienced about Pokémon?Was it the anime, maybe one of the games or perhaps the manga?Ultimately what was the first thing that you saw, played or read about Pokémon that made you fall in love with it and now have a account in PC?
Old November 16th, 2012 (07:29 PM).
ModeratorBSCSEO

Nature: Modest
I remember it like it was yesterday. My mom bought me a Gameboy and a Pokemon Blue version. I may never have gotten into Pokemon had it not been for her. She just randomly bought a game to go with the Gameboy. That was my first Pokemon experience. It took both if us to find out how to exit my house on my first playthrough.
Old November 16th, 2012 (08:26 PM).
can I have a Pokepuff?
Gold Tier

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Poke Fox
It was the anime that caught my attention at first. I just barely remember changing channels to see what was on, and Pokemon was on (I think it was the 10th or 11th episode) - from there I got hooked on the show.

Old November 16th, 2012 (09:16 PM).
Fictional Writer.

Nature: Quiet
I don't remember. I would say the show got me first. When Pikachu defended Ash aginst the Sparow. I don't know when I started watching it exacly. I know it was before the First Movie came out. I got Blue in 99 or so. It was before Gold came out,but after Gameboy Color came out. I didn't even get passed Viridian City because I didn't know how to get the man out of the road. It was a few months later before I actually learned how.

Darker Than It Seem..
ShadowFighting/Dark)
Party: Noivern, Greninja, Lucario, Eevee, Seedot
PC: Doublade, Vibrava
Old November 16th, 2012 (09:24 PM).
let it rain
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky
It was the anime that got me into Pokemon. I remember wanting to tune in every morning before school to watch Ash and co. and since then, that led me to playing the games too.
Old November 16th, 2012 (09:58 PM).
colour swapper!

Nature: Jolly
I got into Pokemon first from watching its anime. the show had many bright colours and it, caught my attention. then maybe soon after family went to a CD game shop and I bought a Pokemon CD game. I started playing Pokemon Gold from it and soon after been hooked on to pokemon ever since.
Old November 16th, 2012 (11:18 PM).
→ i'm not afraid
ModeratorCSEO

Nature: Gentle
Mystery of Mount Moon! First episode I ever watched and my first exposure to Pokemon. Eventually when I turned eight I finally got my first Pokemon games which were Silver and Gold, which was about a year later after I started watching Pokemon.

whatever future i face
i know i can overcome it
Old November 16th, 2012 (11:46 PM).
GYM LEADER

Nature: Calm
My first ever experience just happens to be episode one of the anime LOL
Ash, getting Pikachu and setting off on his adventure....I'll never forget the day.

Even though I've always preferred anime like DragonballZ and Naruto to Pokemon, It's still in my top 5!

SO safe to say, I enjoyed the POKEMON YELLOW game ALOT more than most people lol
Old November 17th, 2012 (03:59 AM).
Cubone Lord and Dragon Master

Nature: Relaxed
My cousin plays it, so I said, '' Let me try.'' Then he gave me some Pokemon cards.
THANKS, CUZ!!!!
Old November 17th, 2012 (08:41 AM).
Nyeh?
Gold Tier

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
My first experiences with Pokemon were the cards, toys and the show. I wasn't sure exactly what came first, though.

Old November 17th, 2012 (10:31 AM).

When I was very much younger, I was watching my neighbour playing Pokemon Gold on her Gameboy and I got interested. She lent the Gameboy to me and I moved the character around a little. I soon got my own Gameboy and I asked her to lend the whole cartridge to me. I managed to get up to the Elite 4 using only a level 70+ Fearow, a level 50+ Feraligatr and the rest of the team still level 2-4. xD I remember that moment as clear as a bell.
Old November 17th, 2012 (10:58 AM).
Garnet, master of comedy.
Crystal Tier

Nature: Adamant
Let's see. I think my first experience was watching the anime when I was very young, but my parents wouldn't let me keep watching it because it wasn't an accurate portrayal of life or something? (i.e. people could get struck by a bolt of electricity and be A-Ok, and they didn't want me thinking I could do stuff like that or something) My REAL first experience was with the trading card game though. There was a tournament at my camp, and I started to learn how to play. I still have my deck (which has an awesome electivire) somewhere lol.

But what really made me fall in love with it was the anime when I started watching it when I was 10, and then rewatching it when I was 12 or 13. From there I continued to get the games, and so on and so on!

Hello, this is Mom universe. Yes the children are playing swords. Sorry, playing with swords.
They are bleeding. Oh no, they are dead. Don't call again.
Sorry, I panicked.

Old November 17th, 2012 (11:42 AM).
Beginner Breeder | Kyurem W <3

Nature: Jolly
Year? - 2002
Date? - 24th November (I did save the date as it was so great)
Game? Pokemon Red
How? - My mate, Tim, was always talking about this thing called Pokemon. None of our friends knew what it was, but to me it sounded interesting. So I invited him to my house, he brought his gameboy, and yeah. My Pokemon love blossomed. :3
Old November 17th, 2012 (12:26 PM).
You met with a terrible fate

Nature: Naughty
According to my mom, I was like idk 3-4 and my uncle was a gamer and had super smash bros melee and I saw the cutest thing ever. Pikachu. It used lightning and quick attack and it was amazing. I eventually got Ruby and my real journey started. I got a game for each gen. I had Yellow, emulated Gold, Ruby, Emerald, Diamond, Platinum, Black and I may emulate White 2. But yeah, that's the beginning.
Old November 17th, 2012 (03:04 PM).
Lilligant's Caretaker

Nature: Careful
When Nintendo sent me a free promotional cassette tape of Pokemon Episode 1, I became interested!

Old November 17th, 2012 (03:05 PM).

The first time I got into Pokémon, was probably when my friend showed me a episode online. I was just walking around, and I saw it.
Old November 17th, 2012 (03:38 PM).
Unova Champion

Nature: Lonely
The first Pokemon experience I had was when I was four or five and the show came on. I think it was even the first episode where the Sparrow attacked Pikachu and Pikachu owned them all.

Old November 17th, 2012 (03:50 PM).
Lilligant's Caretaker

Quote originally posted by aspie3000:
The first Pokemon experience I had was when I was four or five and the show came on. I think it was even the first episode where the Sparrow attacked Pikachu and Pikachu owned them all.
Heyyy that's the exact way it was for me. :D That was a good episode. The old show was my favorite! Gotta love the old feisty Pikachu too!

Old November 17th, 2012 (10:36 PM).
colors of the wind.
ModeratorCSEO

Send a message via Skype™ to Osiris
The first thing I remember caring about of the franchise was the anime back when it first came out. I distincly remember watching the Battle on the St. Anne episode first, which turned out to be the first episode shown here as a sneak peek. I don't know how I got word of the series as soon as the first episode, but from then I was hooked. What made me get an account at PC wasn't the anime, though, it was actually the games.

Old November 18th, 2012 (04:33 AM).
the first born unicorn

A very long time ago, I once got a game boy color. With it, a copy of Pokemon Yellow version. From that day forth, I was forever enslaved into the franchise ;__; I played the game all day, every day. I immediately got other versions like Red(and my brother got Blue) and what not. I never could afford the games when they came out, really. So I'd have to wait a while for the prices to drop... but I didn't mind at that time. Now I enjoy Pokemon primarily for nostalgia... but it has a lot more strategic elements than I originally anticipated... I just need to get the games and system again... Yeah right, ha! For now I just emulate... but it is so lonely not being able to breed/trade/battle with other people...
Old November 19th, 2012 (05:41 PM).
I beat Red when I was 8' bro.

Nature: Modest
Yep. First actual memory of Pokemon is walking into the loungeroom and seeing my sister watch TV and on it was Pokemon, and I just remember seeing Pikachu, Ash, Misty and Brock walking around. Then as I noticed my sister watching the show at the same time every morning, I joined in.

First game experience? Pokemon pinball on gameboy, I loved it. Again, it was my sisters. I think I was about 6 or 7 at the time. No idea.
Old November 20th, 2012 (05:25 AM).
We'll get to that tomorrow

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Nearsighted king of Ice Send a message via Yahoo to Nearsighted king of Ice
It was the card game that got me to like pokemon, my favorite card was Heracross but I don't really know what set it was. A Ratatta toy I got from McDonald's also got me to like it.

Make sense? Oh, what fun is there in making sense?

Black FC: 1592-5761-9212
Pokemon X FC: 2921-9174-9000
Old November 21st, 2012 (11:38 AM).
Dark Trainer

Nature: Timid
I have to say I played Red version first on my classic gameboy and got hook on the whole series in general. Since then I've been looking for a place like this and found it.
Old November 27th, 2012 (12:16 AM).
Swadloon Trainer
Silver Tier

Send a message via Skype™ to Pinta77
My first Pokemon experience was pokemon crystal. My life revolved around that for awhile =P I wanted to keep playing crystal when Ruby & Sapphire came out.

Wonder Trade!!!
Old November 27th, 2012 (01:53 PM).
Mageganistic!!!!!!!!!

It was the show, though I couldn't tell you what episode. My mom said that at one point I was drawing my own cards, so she went out and bought some real cards. Now here I am, with all you lovely people.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links