Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Reload this Page FireRed hack: Pokémon DarkViolet

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old July 26th, 2013 (08:35 AM).
TheArchangle

Definitely will be keeping an eye on this hack, my one suggestion for now though is to change the friendship evolutions into level up evolutions, friendship evolutions are such a pain!
Old July 26th, 2013 (11:50 AM).
im sexy and i know it

Nature: Adamant
Quote originally posted by playplayj:
Definitely will be keeping an eye on this hack, my one suggestion for now though is to change the friendship evolutions into level up evolutions, friendship evolutions are such a pain!
I don't really see how they're a pain, cause if you use a Pokemon in your in-game team that evolves by friendship, then its basically the same thing as level-up evolution, but you get an added bonus of maybe even having it evolve early.

Case in point:
When I first played Pokemon Diamond, I decided to raise a Zubat on my team. My Golbat evolved into a Crobat at Lv23. Zubat evolves into Golbat at Lv22, lol.

On my original White 2 team, my Riolu evolved into Lucario at freaking Lv13.

(in otherwords: Friendship evolutions are awesome)
Old July 27th, 2013 (11:20 AM).
TheArchangle

I find them to be extremely annoying because you never know when they'll evolve and you can't let them faint or else their friendship will go down but I guess that's not my decision
Old July 27th, 2013 (05:09 PM).
Armored Skarmory

Nature: Bold
I had a golbat in sapphire that went to level 57 before evolving.
Old July 27th, 2013 (11:01 PM).

This is awesome I'm definitely going to keep an eye on this.
Old July 28th, 2013 (01:05 AM).
Rom Hacker

Nature: Lonely
Hey Great looking hack
it says 210 pokemon

"FEATURES:
*210 Pokémon available"

... but what about the Hoen pokemon? That would mean that the hoen pokemon are unavailable....
but why does rhydon Evolve o.O??
Or does it mean there are 210 new pokemon added(probably Gen IV)

Havent downloaded it yet
Old July 28th, 2013 (01:36 AM).
Rom Hacker

Nature: Lonely
Overall its great... But what I want in a hack is multiplayer and trade...
I reached the first pokemon centre and there wasn't a second flor
Kinda disappointing... I was actually looking forward to trading my FR pokemon to this hack and having a few multiplayer battles with my bros
Old July 28th, 2013 (01:40 AM).
ThatscaryFreakyguywhoisDa rkrai

Nature: Lax
Okay..So I basically Had to read this Thread And It was totally worth it..I really Like the graphics and back-sprites And all But I don't like Red's OW sprite.. IT seems too uptight or well Tall-ish sort of like a praying mantis...Sorry for my critic-ness Or whatever But "Blue has left his Facebook open" Is just epic..And New Pokemon's YAY! But i don't really think you should've included Gen 4 pokemon Like Happiny Lickilicky and Electrivire. The graphics are great and the story too.. I'm waiting For this game And Do you like need beta testers?

I'm working on a hack myself "Pokemon Slender" Started a few days ago and to be honest this thread gives me a lot of inspiration

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old July 28th, 2013 (09:38 AM).
im sexy and i know it

Quote originally posted by xboxmandude:
Hey Great looking hack
it says 210 pokemon

"FEATURES:
*210 Pokémon available"

... but what about the Hoen pokemon? That would mean that the hoen pokemon are unavailable....
but why does rhydon Evolve o.O??
Or does it mean there are 210 new pokemon added(probably Gen IV)

Havent downloaded it yet
lol dude, this is a game that takes place in Kanto, so the majority of the Hoenn Pokemon will be unavailable. And Rhydon can evolve because there's a Pokemon called Rhyperior that Rhydon can evolve into. And no, there are not 210 Pokemon added, there are 210 Pokemon total in this game. Which I actually don't see any problem with, because originally there were 190 Pokemon planned in the first Pokemon games, which Shigeki Morimoto confirmed himself, but they cut it down because of space reasons (the japanese GB Pokemon games had to be kept under 512kb).

Quote originally posted by Darkrai666:
Okay..So I basically Had to read this Thread And It was totally worth it..I really Like the graphics and back-sprites And all But I don't like Red's OW sprite.. IT seems too uptight or well Tall-ish sort of like a praying mantis...Sorry for my critic-ness Or whatever But "Blue has left his Facebook open" Is just epic..And New Pokemon's YAY! But i don't really think you should've included Gen 4 pokemon Like Happiny Lickilicky and Electrivire. The graphics are great and the story too.. I'm waiting For this game And Do you like need beta testers?

I'm working on a hack myself "Pokemon Slender" Started a few days ago and to be honest this thread gives me a lot of inspiration
Red's OW sprite is actually not custom. It's from an official Pokémon game, Pokémon Emerald. In Pokémon Emerald, if you do a link trade/link battle with a FireRed/LeafGreen game, you can see the FR/LG player on the Emerald screen, but the sprite is drawn in R/S/E style.

Also, people seem to be ignoring this message at the end of the first post:
Quote:
When you play this game, I kindly ask for you to forget about everything you know about Pokémon, and to play this game as if it were your first Pokémon game. I don't care about your nostalgia at all, so if you play this game thinking of Red/Blue and FireRed/LeafGreen, you will be disappointed (or pleasantly surprised? idk). Play this game as if you've never played a Pokémon game before, and this is just some new RPG that you're going to try out.
Old July 28th, 2013 (10:11 AM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

Nature: Calm
Quote originally posted by Chaos Rush:
Also, people seem to be ignoring this message at the end of the first post:
That's kinda hard, man... :D We wouldn't be here if we weren't Pokemon fans =D

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old July 28th, 2013 (09:56 PM).

Love this hack I'll be waiting for the next release on this
Old July 28th, 2013 (11:01 PM).

Nature: Brave
Why is that when I search Google for this hack it only opens the previous closed thread of it and yet Here it is opened and alive...
Old August 1st, 2013 (01:54 AM).
Ride with me on my space ship
Crystal Tier

Amazing hack but i coudn't help but notice bulbasaur using flare blitz XD
Old August 1st, 2013 (09:32 AM).

The newest version wont work it stands that its broken, can i download one version lower? please respond
Old August 2nd, 2013 (01:12 PM).

I played your Alpha Version and I habe to say I'm really impressed! I really enjoyed this game! I really hope that you guys will continue this :D
Old August 3rd, 2013 (10:20 PM).
im sexy and i know it

Just posting to say that I've rethought some of the evolution changes, as I thought it's kinda wrong to let Pokemon evolve in ways when they can't evolve when met with the same conditions in the official games, as it would take away the "official" feeling, if that makes sense. For example, I was originally planning on having Kadabra evolve into Alakazam by Friendship, but then I thought it would just be more fair to have it evolve using an item that doesn't exist in the official games.

With that said, here are the "final" evolution changes:
Spoiler:
Graveler --Omega Stone----> Golem
Machoke --Omega Stone----> Machamp
Onix --Metal Stone---> Steelix
Magneton --Metal Stone---> Magnezone
Haunter --Omega Stone----> Gengar
Poliwhirl --Royal Stone---> Politoed
Kadabra --Royal Stone----> Alakazam
Slowpoke --Royal Stone---> Slowking
Eevee --Sun Shard------> Espeon
Eevee --Moon Shard-----> Umbreon
Eevee --Moss Shard-----> Leafeon
Eevee --Ice Shard------> Glaceon
Mime Jr. --Lv18----------> Mr. Mime
Porygon --PoryDisc------> Porygon2
Porygon2 --PoryDisc2.0---> Porygon-Z
Magmar --Omega Stone---> Magmortar
Scyther --Metal Stone---> Scizor
Electabuzz --Omega Stone---> Electivire
Tangela --Lv40----------> Tangrowth
Rhydon --Omega Stone---> Rhyperior
Seadra --Omega Stone---> Kingdra
Lickitung --Lv33----------> Lickilicky
Feebas --Royal Stone---> Milotic

With Mime Jr., Tangela, and Lickitung, seeing as how in the official games they evolve based on whether they've learned a specific move or not, I've simply changed it to a level-up evolution, where they happen to learn that move at the level they're set to evolve (for instance, Tangela will learn AncientPower at Lv40 and also coincidentally evolve into Tangrowth at Lv40)

(note that these are subject to change again cause I'm always getting new ideas)
Old August 3rd, 2013 (10:53 PM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

Why did you change Espeon's and Umbreon's evolutions as well?
I like the Shard evolution but it's not hard evolution :D

Old August 4th, 2013 (09:48 AM).
Ammako the Crazy Cat Lady
Silver Tier

Why did you make Porygon & Co. evolve from PoryDiscs when you could just make Up-Grade trigger Porygon's evolution?
Then Dubious Disc could be added in the game to trigger Porygon 2's evolution.
Old August 5th, 2013 (12:11 AM).

Nature: Brave
Man I am wordless to say anything about you work. Just awesome man and looking forward for final release
Old August 5th, 2013 (11:58 AM).
im sexy and i know it

Quote originally posted by Ash493:
Why did you change Espeon's and Umbreon's evolutions as well?
I like the Shard evolution but it's not hard evolution :D
There's no clock in FireRed, so Espeon and Umbreon would be impossible to get by time-dependent friendship.

Quote originally posted by Pingouin7:
Why did you make Porygon & Co. evolve from PoryDiscs when you could just make Up-Grade trigger Porygon's evolution?
Then Dubious Disc could be added in the game to trigger Porygon 2's evolution.
Because then that would contradict item usage in the official games, that's why in B/W, Game Freak simply added a new item for Feebas to evolve instead of using an existing item. Although since this is a hack, and I can do whatever, I kind of like the idea of simply changing the Up-Grade to function like an evolutionary stone, so I may end up doing that (hence why I said these evolutions are subject to change )
Old August 5th, 2013 (11:08 PM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by Chaos Rush:
There's no clock in FireRed, so Espeon and Umbreon would be impossible to get by time-dependent friendship.
Oh... I thought you were gonna add D&N system... =)
Ok. Shards are nice alternative =)

Old August 6th, 2013 (02:46 AM).

By the looking at the screenshots I can tell that its going to be an amazing hack!!
Old August 6th, 2013 (10:04 PM).

I think its awesome that your excluding the Day/Night System it makes the game less enjoyable when the screen changes colors.......
Old August 15th, 2013 (12:05 PM).
im sexy and i know it

I would like to announce what I predict will be the most controversial change that will happen in Pokémon DarkViolet: The evolutionary levels of certain Pokémon will be changed.

This is because in all Pokémon games, the levels at which Pokémon evolve are entirely dependent on at what point in the game you find them in the very first game that they appear in. For instance, Ponyta evolves at Lv40, because in the first game they appear in, Pokémon Red & Green, you find Ponyta at around Lv34-ish, so it made sense then for Ponyta to evolve at Lv40. However, in Pokémon Platinum, it makes no sense at all, since you can obtain a Lv4 Ponyta before you even battle the first Gym Leader (on that route above Oreburgh City). Another great example is Deino, who evolves at Lv50, unlike other base-forms of Pseudo-Legendaries. This is because you find Deino very late in the game.

Basically, Pokémon that appear early in the game evolve at lower levels, and Pokémon that appear later in the game tend to evolve at higher levels. Because of how Pokémon DarkViolet has more trainers than the original game, the level curve ended up being a lot higher than I expected, so there's problems with some Pokémon feeling like they're evolving a lot earlier at any given point in the game than the original. For instance, I noticed in a lot of YouTube playthroughs of Pokémon DarkViolet that people are getting their starter to evolve as early as Viridian Forest, which is not what I want, and is a lot harder to do in the original game. So basically, I am adjusting the evolutionary levels to accommodate Pokémon DarkViolet's higher level curve.

Here are just some of the changes:
Spoiler:
Bulbasaur --Lv18--> Ivysaur
Charmander --Lv18--> Charmeleon
Squirtle --Lv18--> Wartortle
Mankey --Lv21--> Primeape
Machop --Lv24--> Machoke
Magnemite --Lv25--> Magneton
Psyduck --Lv28--> Golduck
Oddish --Lv25--> Gloom
Venonat --Lv27--> Venomoth
Abra --Lv22--> Kadabra (Abra will still learn Confusion upon evolution)
Bellsprout --Lv25--> Weepinbell
Slowpoke --Lv29--> Slowbro

All of these Pokemon above had their levels changed to reflect at what point in the game where you find them.

With that aside, here's some new screenshots:
Old August 15th, 2013 (12:16 PM).
#britanna

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Abra --Lv22--> Kadabra (Abra will still learn Confusion upon evolution)
Wouldn't it just make mores sense to let Abra learn Confusion earlier? Unless it comes at a level close to 22, it seems like a real hassle to train-and-gain that many levels, especially since Abra only knows Teleport until it evolves.

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)