Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 22nd, 2013, 01:57 PM
Ambushwhack

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0

Advertise here
Quick little correction to note - when you use TM 23 to teach Draco Bullet, the description of the move still matches Iron Tail. But only when viewed from the TM case, not when viewed from a Pokemon's move sets. Basically, you need to try to teach something Draco Bullet to find out what it does.
I'm currently teaching myself about ROM hacking to make my first hack. It stars a lab aide whose professor was kidnapped to help make Mewtwo. The same team also wants the aide's Kabuto(ps) to upgrade into a Genesect. Dark Fakemon evolutions and hybrids will also play a central role to the villainous Team Helix. Currently I'm fairly confident with YAPE and AdvanceMap. In a few weeks I'm likely to start putting a team together. I suck at spriting, and I can't understand the scripting tutorials.
Old October 23rd, 2013, 12:21 PM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by materiaali View Post
If i download the Beta, can i use the save file in the final release or do i have to just wait for it to be released? And yeah, amazing work CR, this hack made even made me to join the forums :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambushwhack View Post
Quick little correction to note - when you use TM 23 to teach Draco Bullet, the description of the move still matches Iron Tail. But only when viewed from the TM case, not when viewed from a Pokemon's move sets. Basically, you need to try to teach something Draco Bullet to find out what it does.
Both of your guys' points were already addressed in the notepad file that comes with Beta 1, that I literally titled, "READ THIS BEFORE PLAYING"...

Yes, you can continue your current save file from Beta 1 in future releases (though if you do so, there might be some glitch with the Rocket Grunt on the Nugget Bridge due to me changing the variable in order to fix it), and as for the TM descriptions, I specifically said in the attached notepad file that I haven't edited those yet.
Old October 27th, 2013, 12:06 AM
Cruztown
Squirtle Squirt.

Nature: Rash
I think I've found some minor things. The first I've noticed is, when obtaining Flash, a minor typo (surrouning vs surrounding). Further on, there's a Cut tree on Route 9 that causes freezing when interacting with it, near the Eastern end Hiker by all the ledges. Perhaps it lacks a script? I've also noticed that when a Pokemon activates Flash Fire a second time, it produces a text error. This seems harmless.

Errors aside, I'm immensely enjoying this re-imagining of Kanto. I can't wait for the final release!
Attached Images
File Type: png Flash Fire Glitch.PNG‎ (7.2 KB, 56 views) (Save to Dropbox)

Last edited by Cruztown; October 27th, 2013 at 12:38 AM.
Old October 27th, 2013, 07:40 AM
jeanpaultherese

same thing here, cant use cut on tree, beside the hiker at route 9.
Old October 27th, 2013, 12:59 PM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruztown View Post
I think I've found some minor things. The first I've noticed is, when obtaining Flash, a minor typo (surrouning vs surrounding). Further on, there's a Cut tree on Route 9 that causes freezing when interacting with it, near the Eastern end Hiker by all the ledges. Perhaps it lacks a script? I've also noticed that when a Pokemon activates Flash Fire a second time, it produces a text error. This seems harmless.

Errors aside, I'm immensely enjoying this re-imagining of Kanto. I can't wait for the final release!
Thanks for pointing those out. The cut tree thing and the typo will be fixed by Beta 1.1. (I know it's taking awhile but I'm pretty busy now, working 30 hours a week while going to school while trying to maintain my fitness)

As for the Flash Fire thing, I have absolutely no idea how to fix that...
Old October 28th, 2013, 05:29 PM
Kanto's Hero

Nature: Quiet
Wow. Just wow.You just blew my mind. It has everything I love about kanto and more. Plus the graphics. OMG the graphics. Its what I have always wanted out of a hack and more. The added story is great and the new rival is a nice touch.

I do have a couple questions. Did you change charmanders stats because his defense seems lower. Nothing wrong with that as I always felt charmander and charmelon were too OP anyways as long as charizard is still the same Also did you add all baby pokemon of pokemon gen 3 and below or just some? Cause I could deal without Mr. mime Jr. but the other babies I enjoy. Thank you and keep this up.

P.S. when I download 1.1 and try to unzip it wont allow me. Might be an error on my part but just wanted to make sure

Last edited by Kanto's Hero; October 28th, 2013 at 06:09 PM. Reason: had a question but didn't want to troll post.
Old October 28th, 2013, 05:31 PM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

New update!
This is Beta 1.1.

http://www.mediafire.com/?dn10ly8t7a8d034

This is just a bugfix release.

These bugs have been fixed:
*Issues when teleporting to the wrong place has been fixed
*After using Disable, glitchy text won't appear anymore
*Movement permission error in Viridian Forest fixed
*The guy who got robbed in Cerulean now has correct dialogue after you beat the Rocket Grunt
*The cut tree by the Hiker on Route 10 no longer freezes the game
*Rocket Grunt script on Nugget Bridge no longer repeats (Note: You will have to fight him one more time if you already fought him, because I changed the variable that the script uses in order for it to work)

These adjustments have been made:
*TM03 has been changed back to Water Pulse
*Misty's Pokémon now use Water Pulse instead of Scald, so her Starmie isn't super OP anymore
*The TM lady in the Underground Market now sells Sandstorm
*Brain Freeze now has a new animation
*A couple typos fixed
*New Bicycle music, a remix made by me, with inspiration from Pokémon Origins
*The Charmander family now learns Dragonbreath instead of Draco Bullet/Dragon Rage
*Eevee can now evolve into Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon, Espeon, Umbreon, Leafeon, and Glaceon, all of which are obtainable in this release (You can get your stone items from the Stone Merchant in the Underground Market after you've beaten Lt. Surge. The egg that the old lady gives you in the Underground Path will hatch into an Eevee)
Old October 28th, 2013, 05:52 PM
Frosty~
Pancakes are a girl's BFF

Nature: Hasty
Can we use our old save files with Beta 1.1?
"The world's changing at lightning speed,
but the faster you move the narrower your vision becomes.
That's why you've got to stop and look around you.
Other wise you'll lose yourself."
- Megaman

My deviantArt
Old October 28th, 2013, 05:57 PM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Quote:
Originally Posted by CayCay98 View Post
Can we use our old save files with Beta 1.1?
Yes.
All 1.0 saves are compatible with 1.1 and all future releases.

However, please note that I changed the variable for the Rocket Grunt on the Nugget Bridge. Simply fight him again and you'll be set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanto's Hero View Post
I do have a couple questions. Did you change charmanders stats because his defense seems lower. Nothing wrong with that as I always felt charmander and charmelon were too OP anyways as long as charizard is still the same
I did not modify any of the Pokemon's base stats. The only thing I modified was the base exp. yield of the starter Pokemon to prevent you from leveling up during the first rival battle so then you don't fight Green/Red with a Lv6 (B2/W2 did the same thing, they changed the Unova starter's exp yield so that you level up in B2/W2 because you only have 1 rival instead of 2)

Quote:
Also did you add all baby pokemon of pokemon gen 3 and below or just some? Cause I could deal without Mr. mime Jr. but the other babies I enjoy. Thank you and keep this up.

P.S. when I download 1.1 and try to unzip it wont allow me. Might be an error on my part but just wanted to make sure
All baby Pokemon that are related to Gen I Pokemon are in. Even if you think Mime Jr. is useless, it is related to Mr. Mime, and my rule for DarkViolet is that all Gen I related Pokemon are in, regardless of how useless they are in terms of battle.

As for the 1.1 zip idk what the problem is, I downloaded it and it worked fine.

Last edited by Chaos Rush; October 28th, 2013 at 07:43 PM.
Old October 29th, 2013, 07:23 AM
KDS

Played through the first alpha. It was really amazing. It is great to see new moves and animations in the game. The music sounds fantastic. Bit disappointed that charmeleon's dragon rage was removed (It was able to OHKO two of brocks's pkm XD). But it is your hack and keep up the amazing work.
Old October 29th, 2013, 11:17 PM
wahyu135

good pokemon dark violet is best pokemon for me..
Old October 30th, 2013, 03:18 PM
HackChu
I need a haircut...
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos Rush View Post
New update!
This is Beta 1.1.

http://www.mediafire.com/?dn10ly8t7a8d034

This is just a bugfix release.

These bugs have been fixed:
*Issues when teleporting to the wrong place has been fixed
*After using Disable, glitchy text won't appear anymore
*Movement permission error in Viridian Forest fixed
*The guy who got robbed in Cerulean now has correct dialogue after you beat the Rocket Grunt
*The cut tree by the Hiker on Route 10 no longer freezes the game
*Rocket Grunt script on Nugget Bridge no longer repeats (Note: You will have to fight him one more time if you already fought him, because I changed the variable that the script uses in order for it to work)

These adjustments have been made:
*TM03 has been changed back to Water Pulse
*Misty's Pokémon now use Water Pulse instead of Scald, so her Starmie isn't super OP anymore
*The TM lady in the Underground Market now sells Sandstorm
*Brain Freeze now has a new animation
*A couple typos fixed
*New Bicycle music, a remix made by me, with inspiration from Pokémon Origins
*The Charmander family now learns Dragonbreath instead of Draco Bullet/Dragon Rage
*Eevee can now evolve into Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon, Espeon, Umbreon, Leafeon, and Glaceon, all of which are obtainable in this release (You can get your stone items from the Stone Merchant in the Underground Market after you've beaten Lt. Surge. The egg that the old lady gives you in the Underground Path will hatch into an Eevee)
Someone pointed out that Blue had an text problem when leaving Mt.Moon on a earlier page.
Join us!

My 'learning how to combine battle scripts' thread:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=183001

SoulSilver FC:1162 1864 5409
Name: Ethan

Black FC: 2666 1354 4379
Name: Ashton

White 2 FC: 1120 8065 3049
Name: Nate

3DS Friend Code: 1349-4646-2412
Name: tysonrss
Old October 30th, 2013, 08:26 PM
Missmillerz

I really love the bridge! keep up the good work C:
Old October 30th, 2013, 10:58 PM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Quote:
Originally Posted by HackChu View Post
Someone pointed out that Blue had an text problem when leaving Mt.Moon on a earlier page.
That's already fixed in 1.1. I fixed it as soon as he/she first pointed it out.
Old November 2nd, 2013, 03:10 AM
Shangahyando
The odd one.

It's awesome to see you're still progressing with this hack! Its graphic is really refined and fits the FR climate. I feel it's going to be one of better ones. Just a question, will it be possible to play further versions on previous version saves?
PS. sorries for my English, I'm not native English speaker.
"All the coldest, hardest hearts you know
were once as soft as water
and that's the tragedy of living"
Old November 2nd, 2013, 05:12 AM
Kakarot1212
Awesome as always...

Nature: Naughty
I just got a little problem here. >.<
When i patched the game to beta 1, and used my save file on the alpha(the last one) the mart on the poke center or the marts i should say, dont sell anything. It is just a bunch of question marks? How can i fix it?

楓 弘詩
“ Programs must be written for people
to read, and only incidentally for
machines to execute. ”
Pair Pair | Facebook | Showdown | PHO | Twitter
| (THD)Text-Hex Decoder |

Last edited by Kakarot1212; November 2nd, 2013 at 05:19 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old November 2nd, 2013, 11:31 AM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shangahyando View Post
It's awesome to see you're still progressing with this hack! Its graphic is really refined and fits the FR climate. I feel it's going to be one of better ones. Just a question, will it be possible to play further versions on previous version saves?
PS. sorries for my English, I'm not native English speaker.
All Beta 1 saves are compatible with future releases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutsy_! View Post
I just got a little problem here. >.<
When i patched the game to beta 1, and used my save file on the alpha(the last one) the mart on the poke center or the marts i should say, dont sell anything. It is just a bunch of question marks? How can i fix it?
Alpha releases aren't compatible with Beta releases because I've changed some of the early-game variables for glitch fixing. Although I don't know why it would affect the Poke Mart since that's something that didn't need fixing. Sorry, don't really know what to tell you besides make sure you're patching a clean ROM.
Old November 2nd, 2013, 03:27 PM
mtieu5318

are gonna add mega evos for the starters? If not,I think you should!
Old November 3rd, 2013, 07:46 AM
materiaali

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtieu5318 View Post
Please don't... X&Y are the ****tiest **** pokémon has ever seen.
Old November 4th, 2013, 05:59 AM
Varion Bluefire
A.K.A The Glitch

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Varion Bluefire
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtieu5318 View Post
I do believe Chaos Rush has already mentioned Gen VI is not going to be mixed with this at all.
No Mega Evolution.

Just strollin' to my next destination...
Old November 6th, 2013, 12:05 PM
az-1989

First of all, just like to say that I have been waiting for a mod/hack like this for a while. Great work, looks excellent from the screenshots and videos. However, I have a problem, I've downloaded the most recent version and have downloaded the Alpha 1.1 version too and unfortunately I keep getting a black screen. I'm using the VBA emulator and I don't have any problems with other Pokemon roms. The game starts fine and even get to go through Prof. Oak's introduction, but when the character shrinks, the screen goes black. I have searched online and can't seem to find a solution, any help would bl appreciated. I really want to play this rom. Oh, I have deselected-unselected real time clock and changed save type speed, but this doesn't fix it. Thanks in advance for any help.
Old November 6th, 2013, 12:52 PM
Krakanous

Awesome stuff here, nice one.
Old November 6th, 2013, 01:04 PM
PokeReject
Great Pokémon Reject

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by az-1989 View Post
First of all, just like to say that I have been waiting for a mod/hack like this for a while. Great work, looks excellent from the screenshots and videos. However, I have a problem, I've downloaded the most recent version and have downloaded the Alpha 1.1 version too and unfortunately I keep getting a black screen. I'm using the VBA emulator and I don't have any problems with other Pokemon roms. The game starts fine and even get to go through Prof. Oak's introduction, but when the character shrinks, the screen goes black. I have searched online and can't seem to find a solution, any help would bl appreciated. I really want to play this rom. Oh, I have deselected-unselected real time clock and changed save type speed, but this doesn't fix it. Thanks in advance for any help.
Have you tried patching to a different ROM? That may sometimes be the case.
Old November 7th, 2013, 07:34 AM
vichorio

Quote:
Originally Posted by az-1989 View Post
az-1989, try downloading a fresh FireRed ROM...
vichorio signed here

Last edited by DrFuji; November 9th, 2013 at 12:41 AM. Reason: Directing to ROM download site
Old November 7th, 2013, 10:37 AM
az-1989

Thanks for the reply guys, it worked. I thought the rom was clean as it works when I patch other Fire Read hacks to it. But oh well, cheers guys.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here