The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 18th, 2013, 10:52 AM
kinataki
david tennant so much!

Nature: Naughty

Advertise here
this hack is so so so promising. i really find fire red and leafgreen bad. we are on freaking third generation. why can't you make a better r g b y game with these technology gamefreak -.-

and i must say that i am kinda fan of your work. like platonic fan :D. i really like the idea of 64x64 spriting project and your other hacks looked too damn good.

so i am full of expectations. but there is something that makes me sad about this hack. and thats the front trainer overworld sprite... it looks... so derpy. i don't really know if its only me but it looks really derpy. homever i must agree that fire red overworld sprite way more derpy but this looks that too.
Old March 18th, 2013, 11:23 PM
SSJ4 Furanki
Got my Zoroark and everything!

Nature: Hasty
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinataki View Post
so i am full of expectations. but there is something that makes me sad about this hack. and thats the front trainer overworld sprite... it looks... so derpy. i don't really know if its only me but it looks really derpy. homever i must agree that fire red overworld sprite way more derpy but this looks that too.
That's actually not Chaos Rush's fault, he ripped the over world sprite from Emerald, so that's something you can blame on GF, haha.

My X/Y Team:

Old March 20th, 2013, 09:18 AM
hackstar
Check it out!!

Nature: Bashful
Who cares of gen 1&2.... and you cant blame these with chaos rush
Old April 6th, 2013, 03:23 PM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Nature: Adamant
So um

What should I do guys

The Chaos Emerald ROM Base (it's gonna take awhile)

DS-style 64x64 Pokémon Sprite Resource NOW COMPLETED
Custom Sugimori-style Pokémon Sprite Resource IN PROGRESS

Non-Pokémon hacks I support:
Sonic Classic Heroes
Sonic 3 Complete
Old April 6th, 2013, 03:34 PM
tvoza2
Armored Skarmory

Nature: Bold
If you can script the forme change, replace something like chimecho. If you cant script it i wouldnt bother
Old April 6th, 2013, 03:42 PM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvoza2 View Post
If you can script the forme change, replace something like chimecho. If you cant script it i wouldnt bother
Oh I'm not worried about forme changing at all. I'm worried about how I can fit it into DarkViolet's storyline, since I already have the entire story written out. It would kinda suck if X & Y revealed more information on Mewtwo's origin that goes completely ignored in DarkViolet.

That being said, Mewtwo's origin in DarkViolet is more or less the same as the official games:
*Mew found in Faraway Island
*Mew embryo created/cloned & DNA is tampered with
*Mew is impregnated with tampered embryo
*Mew gives birth to Mewtwo on February 6th (this is also canon in the official games, it says this on a diary at the Cinnabar Mansion)
*Mewtwo turns out to be OP and burns down the mansion

Now here's where it differs:
*Somehow ends up in Cerulean Cave many years later, also happens to have a conflict with the Birth Island Deoxys, which will be the main focus of the story in DarkViolet

And now I have to fit in somewhere,
"oh Mewtwo has an alternate forme too btw"

Even though I've said before that DarkViolet is its own canon, I also would like to mention that its more like an alternate canon that leads into official Gen V canon.

Sonic Classic Heroes
Sonic 3 Complete
Old April 6th, 2013, 03:52 PM
tvoza2
Armored Skarmory

Nature: Bold
then id say wait till we actually find out that it is in fact a mewtwo form, and not a mewthree type thing, as it was not specifically stated that it is mewtwo
Old April 6th, 2013, 07:13 PM
photondragon314
Unhatched Egg

First of all, this hack is phenomenal, and I really love the idea of putting a brand new spin on the games that first started the series.

As for the problem of the Mewtwo alternate form/Mewthree, you could possibly create a rebel group of former Team Rocket members that decides to use Mew's DNA to clone it one last time in order to get revenge after you pretty much destroy Team Rocket. The result could be the unknown Pokemon/form that's been released. However, as tvoza2 said, it'd probably be better to wait for more information. Plus it's your game, and considering how good it is already, we can trust you to make this new gimmick work with the rest of the story!

Overall, props for an amazing hack!
Old April 6th, 2013, 07:40 PM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvoza2 View Post
then id say wait till we actually find out that it is in fact a mewtwo form, and not a mewthree type thing, as it was not specifically stated that it is mewtwo
Well, since my Mewtwo origin is almost exactly the same as the official one (the only major change is South America ---> Faraway Island), Game Freak can't contradict the backstory they've already put up. Meaning there probably won't be any contradictions with DarkViolet either...

Quote:
Originally Posted by photondragon314 View Post
As for the problem of the Mewtwo alternate form/Mewthree, you could possibly create a rebel group of former Team Rocket members that decides to use Mew's DNA to clone it one last time in order to get revenge after you pretty much destroy Team Rocket. The result could be the unknown Pokemon/form that's been released.)
No, I will not be doing that, because that obviously would contradict whatever Game Freak is planning with this new Mewtwo forme thing/Pokemon whatever.

I'm just going to wait for information and roll with whatever Game Freak says about this new Mewtwo-related Pokemon (or forme or whatever it could be). I'll fit it in somehow, and if reasonable, I might not fit it in at all >:D

Also I just massively improved Viridian Forest:

New battle background specifically for Viridian Forest, also another Red/Green battle.

Also first screens of actual stuff happening in Pewter City:

Sonic Classic Heroes
Sonic 3 Complete

Last edited by Chaos Rush; April 6th, 2013 at 10:29 PM.
Old April 6th, 2013, 10:59 PM
KurtCobain

Nice work, I'll play when it's completed
Old April 7th, 2013, 12:09 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
We might get surprised and it won't be Mewtwo's form at all...
But even if it was, you can always fit it into sequel =)

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old April 7th, 2013, 03:07 AM
kinataki
david tennant so much!

it's not a new form of mewtwo acording to reddit
http://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comm..._youtube_page/
Old April 7th, 2013, 07:15 PM
Whitney's Shaymin
Creator Of Pokemon Grace
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Looks cool but will wait till I get a flashcard to play it.

"The Incredibly Pretty Girl"

Gym Leader Whitney
link | link | link

FC: 4699-7156-4669 IGN: Gavin
Old April 8th, 2013, 10:13 AM
Gravyty 0
Pokemon physicist

could be the way that reacts to the DNA of deoxys
Old April 8th, 2013, 08:08 PM
SSJ4 Furanki
Got my Zoroark and everything!

Nature: Hasty
Like the new background for the battle! Still shaping up to be one of the best hacks out there.

In regards to the new Mew(two forme? Three? etc.) I'd just wait 'til more info is available.

My X/Y Team:

Old April 8th, 2013, 10:36 PM
HackChu
I need a haircut...
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Modest
I take it that the Mansion is going be heavily altered and will have something to do with the plot of the game huh?

Nice.

My 'learning how to combine battle scripts' thread:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=183001

SoulSilver FC:1162 1864 5409
Name: Ethan

Black FC: 2666 1354 4379
Name: Ashton

White 2 FC: 1120 8065 3049
Name: Nate

3DS Friend Code: 1349-4646-2412
Name: tysonrss
Old April 8th, 2013, 11:02 PM
long21

How can I download this rom? So amazing!
Old April 9th, 2013, 12:42 AM
giradialkia
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to giradialkia
The best thing you could do about the new Pokemon is sit it out and see if it's just that, a new Pokemon as opposed to a new form. It could easily be a "Mewthree" (ugh), one that was created in XY region, with no prior connections to the Mewtwo we know. I say you wait to clarify that before adding anything, though that may be a while, judging on the way they've released info lately..

Anyway, just dropping by to say the screenshots look outstanding, as usual, and I can't wait to play the next version. As always if I can be of help in one way or another, feel free to call on me! :D

This one's called 'Red', and it's actually kinda Pokémon themed, so have a listen! Check out the links below for more stuff, if you like this!

This is the Doctor
This is my Soundcloud
This is my bandcamp

My Pokémon Y character is the same as my username. If you see me as a Passerby let me know! I tend to get a lot of Passerby requests and I often wonder if it's people from this site.
Old April 9th, 2013, 10:06 AM
Quilava's Master
Shattered Dreams '13

Hands down the best hack in subforum and definitely top 5 on the whole site. Definitely lookin' good. My favorite thing so far is the battle grounds (wish I had thought about editing the look of them as opposed to just importing the DPPtHGSS ones ) Is there a particular reason you're using the Emerald OWs over the FR ones? just wondering.

In the case of Mewnew, I'd say hold off on it until we know its origin story. That way you can better weave it in if it's indeed related to Mewtwo.

Last edited by Quilava's Master; April 9th, 2013 at 12:10 PM.
Old April 9th, 2013, 02:08 PM
robin22gongon

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to robin22gongon
About the new MewNew, you can just include it in the game. You can leave him from the storyline, that's what I think.

BTW, everything's looking fine, I hope for another download link.
Old April 9th, 2013, 02:34 PM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

In regards to the new Generation 6 Mewtwo-related Pokemon (possibly just a forme of Mewtwo), I've decided that I will continue on with my hack as I would have prior to the reveal of this Pokemon. When further details arise, I may make necessary changes to the plot just to make sure nothing contradicts Pokemon X & Y. (Even though I've mentioned before that DarkViolet is a separate canon from the Pokemon games, I would like to think of it more as an alternative canon that leads into the official Gen V-VI canon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HackChu View Post
I take it that the Mansion is going be heavily altered and will have something to do with the plot of the game huh?

Nice.
The Pokemon Mansion will be more or less the same. Except that all of the existing diaries will be condensed into one, since it makes more sense. And a separate diary can also be found, providing information on Mew and Cerulean Cave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giradialkia View Post
Anyway, just dropping by to say the screenshots look outstanding, as usual, and I can't wait to play the next version. As always if I can be of help in one way or another, feel free to call on me! :D
Thanks! I don't think I've mentioned this on here yet, but as I've mentioned on RHO:

Due to the fact that I've lost a copy of Alpha 1, and that the link expired, I will be releasing an Alpha 2, which will go up to Pewter City (as well as including Pewter City, meaning you can fight Brock and stuff).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quilava's Master View Post
Hands down the best hack in subforum and definitely top 5 on the whole site. Definitely lookin' good. My favorite thing so far is the battle grounds (wish I had thought about editing the look of them as opposed to just importing the DPPtHGSS ones ) Is there a particular reason you're using the Emerald OWs over the FR ones? just wondering.
I'm using R/S/E styled OWs because I don't like how cartoony FR/LG OWs look, in my opinion. And you might also notice that in the tiles of this game, I tried to mimic the R/S/E art style, simply because I like it more. That's a personal decision that's not going to change.

Sonic Classic Heroes
Sonic 3 Complete
Old April 9th, 2013, 02:48 PM
robin22gongon

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to robin22gongon
Hey I just read the whole first page:
What's this First Person View in FR/LG or HG/SS?
Old April 12th, 2013, 04:37 PM
Darkest Shade of Light
Pokémon Midnight Sun

I think he's referring to the cutscene-esque thing you get when entering Viridian Forest, most caves, and etc. I remember upon walking into Viridian Forest you would get a fullscreen picture that was supposed to be the opening to the forest. Let me know if I make zero sense.
Anyways, quite a promising hack, and can't wait for the release of Alpha 2, seeing as how I wasn't around while Alpha 1 was up
Old April 13th, 2013, 10:24 AM
hackstar
Check it out!!

Nature: Bashful
i think you have to change tiltle screen too....
Old April 13th, 2013, 06:22 PM
Varion Bluefire
A.K.A The Glitch

Send a message via Skype™ to Varion Bluefire
As usual the screenshots for this look awesome.

I can't wait for the completion of this. Or at least a beta, take your time though.

Sponsored Links

Advertise here