The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General

Notices

Pokémon General Theories, experiences and other discussions regarding the Pokémon franchise that can't be covered in any of the other boards.

View Poll Results: What is the best Pokemon Game(s)
Red, Green, and Blue 1 3.45%
Yellow 0 0%
Gold and Silver 2 6.90%
Crystal 1 3.45%
Ruby and Sapphire 1 3.45%
Emerald 4 13.79%
FireRed and LeafGreen 1 3.45%
Diamond and Pearl 1 3.45%
Platinum 0 0%
HeartGold and SoulSilver 4 13.79%
Black and White 2 6.90%
Black 2 and White 2 9 31.03%
Other 3 10.34%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old December 4th, 2012, 06:00 PM
pokehearts
I like trains.

Nature: Naive
We all know that Pokemon is a wonderful series that churns out a lot of amazing games. But, out of all the them, which is the best? Why do you think this game is the best out of all the series? Nostalgia? A Great Storyline? Awesome Music? Anyways, here is a place to discuss what you think is the best pokemon game and why. Begin!

Friend Codes:
White 2: 2538 1585 2551

The unofficial Train Master of the Pokecommunity
Old December 4th, 2012, 06:25 PM
Insomniac
It's so overt it's covert.

I think that I like the Blue Rescue Team the best. I mean, you can BE a Pokemon. Not to mention actually go on adventures. I like the spinoffs.

But the best main game for me will probably be Sapphire or FireRed. I adore those two because I used to play them all the time.
Old December 4th, 2012, 06:36 PM
Magametapod
Unhatched Egg

I realy like BW2 becouse in most pokemon games you can beat with in a matter of a week or so but in this one there's a way longer story line for cryin out loud you get 2 MASTER BALLS!!
Old December 4th, 2012, 06:45 PM
CourageHound
Trust & Courage. Nothing More

Nature: Relaxed
I'm going to say B/W & B/W2 due to their great depth, content, and storyline.

However!

Although not a main series game I think Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Time/Darkness/Sky(and mostly likely Magnegate and Infinite Labrynth) totally eclipses the storyline and general "hook" the game has on you anything below, and debatably, on par with gen 5. And for me both B/W 1&2 and PMD2 has very good replay value as well.
Old December 6th, 2012, 01:50 PM
eXeMegadeth
Why are we here?

Nature: Adamant
BW2 took care of so many problems the other games had. It was the most satisfactory game I had ever played. Those games made Gen 5 my favorite within a few days.
Old December 6th, 2012, 02:58 PM
PokemonGiratinaX
Will be always PGX

Nature: Modest
My best one is surely Pokemon B/W 2 because of it's depth storyline and amazing music. The most amazing part was when Kyurem and Reshiram/Zekrom fused.
Old December 6th, 2012, 03:57 PM
LilJz
Legendary lovers♥

Nature: Quiet
I only played R/B/Y, G/S/C, R/S/E, and Diamond & Heart Gold. So I'm basing my judgement on the games I have played. And I would say Heart Gold. The menu on the bottom screen made it more easier to access the menu, and the GTS and wifi room was so much better and easier to use than the ones in D/P/Pt
Old December 6th, 2012, 07:54 PM
Turboblaze
Blazing Aura

B&W2 both come close but I still have to say that HG/SS are the two best games to this point.

White 2: Pokedex-65/649 ~ Medals-27/255 ~Trainer Card: Blue
Old December 7th, 2012, 12:01 AM
Jamais
«c'est presque temps»

For me, it's really a toss up between HeartGold and Emerald. I absolutely loved the Battle Frontier of Emerald, and I spent countless hours training up my teams to take on the facilities, even though I could never win. HeartGold did an excellent job of being a remake of Gold, and added so many new features that really boosted the gameplay quality. Plus, with Gen IV's addition of the Physical/Special split, I found myself having more fun battling than I ever did in the past.

I'm not far enough along in White 2 to give judgement on it (although it seems to be high up everyone else's list), but that might change in the future. But as of right now, my favorite of the games would have to be HeartGold.

Old December 7th, 2012, 12:06 AM
Autumn Reverie
d a y d r e a m

Location: Above Singapore, below Thailand. Hm, you don't know where that is?
Nature: Modest
I love all of the games, but Black & White 2 is definitely [i]the[\i] most favourite of all the games for me at the moment, followed closely by B/W and DPPt. The storyline is amazing, the graphics are incredible, the new Pokemon are awesome. Nuff said. <3
Old December 8th, 2012, 12:06 PM
Gym Leader Whitney
Normal Type Gym Leader

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Gym Leader Whitney
I have played all of them, and for me BW2 and Crystal were the best I've played.

BW2 has beautiful graphics, an amazing storyline, and a world tornament (in which I appear :3).

Crystal, was the prototype for most of the amazing features included in the DS games, Moving sprites, wireless conection (though it was only included in the Japanese version), Male and Female characters, and event pokemons (I believe there was an event Mew in the first gen, I am, however, not entirely sure on this), and lastly I appear in this game as well :3

To sum things up, I had fun playing each game, but the between the ones I have mentioned above I have to choose Crystal because it offered me very pleasent moments during my childhood, BW2 comes as a close (very close) second place, followed by Platinum (I really enjoyed the storyline in this one almost as much as in BW2).
Thanks for reading my silly nonsense XD

Gym Leader Whitney~

http://www.pokecommunity.com/signaturepics/sigpic358122_2.gif

Last edited by Gym Leader Whitney; December 8th, 2012 at 12:08 PM. Reason: some spelling mistakes.
Old December 8th, 2012, 01:41 PM
The_Consumer

There's no love for any Gen III games as far as the poll says =/

I like all of the games. It's difficult to choose that one special game that is considered the best. My most played game is Diamond but I'm not sure if it's my favourite. It definitely holds the most memories for me simply because it's my most played and I've spent over 5 years on it.
Um...if I did have to decide though I'd choose Crystal. I remember it being the most challenging, maybe because I was a wee one at the time. It also holds that "ohhh, nostalgic Pokemon game" feeling to it :D
Old December 9th, 2012, 02:40 PM
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

It is hard to say which is my favorite. It is a tie between 4 games.

Crystal, Emerald, BW1 and BW2. I would have to say BW 1 and 2 are probably the top two there though because they had a storyline. However, I went with Emerald because it is my favorite generation still.
Old December 10th, 2012, 07:09 AM
wongacat
Unhatched Egg

I've seen people bash third gen all the time. Imho, the Hoenn games were the best.
Old December 10th, 2012, 11:18 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
I'd say Black 2/White 2. It has the new Pokémon in it, plus extra new features like move tutors and the World Tournament.

Old December 12th, 2012, 01:10 AM
Hikamaru
→ make a wish

Nature: Quirky
Despite so many B2/W2 fans present here, I actually prefer the original Black and White better.

I mean, I loved the story and it was the best Pokemon game I ever played. I haven't played Black 2/White 2 yet so I can't give judgement on it so yeah, I voted Black and White for the epic story and my favorite games EVER.
And not forget where you’ve come from

pairs | showdown | tumblr | vm

Old December 12th, 2012, 07:12 AM
chakalaka25
Unhatched Egg

FireRed and LeafGreen or HeartGold and SoulSilver
Old December 12th, 2012, 07:26 AM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
As much as I like B2/W2 I actullay prefer playing my pokemon Emerald, Pearl and Heartgold.
Old December 12th, 2012, 12:16 PM
SilvertheX
Unhatched Egg

Pokemon Colloseum and XD
I really loved the fact that your starter is an Eevee that could eveolve into 5 different pokemons.
Gen III was my favourite generation.
I would have added Yellow and Crystal but I guess I really love Orre and it makes me sad that nobody intends o actually make a third installment for this world. For Gen V there should be one too.

Wes/Leo is a great protagonist and hero and it was an interesting idea to make the characters able to snatch Trainer pokemon. Michael/Ryuto isnt halfbad either, even though the design is a bit unnerving.
But lets be honest. There are many flaws that could be helped if anyone tried to make more!

Old December 19th, 2012, 08:39 AM
enohp
Unhatched Egg

I have the fondest memories of red and blue. I could never go back and play them since they are ancient, but the remakes were as good as the originals. Also, the original set of pokemon were the best IMO.
Old December 19th, 2012, 08:46 AM
Cat

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Cat
RSE, Hoenn is the best in terms of storyline, scenery etc.

Old December 19th, 2012, 11:37 AM
rainerman3
The Guy With THE Aura

Nature: Docile
Send a message via Skype™ to rainerman3
The pmd games. I think they are the best because they are the games that can make a person sad.
Pokeanalysis: You are very mysterious like the ocean abyss, choosing not to give away your true intentions and feelings. People don't know much about you, as you don't strive to be the center of attention like most people. You love your close friends and would do anything to protect them and defend them. You are kind and intelligent, and very powerful. You are a lover of peace and tranquility and hate meaningless violence. This makes you like Lugia!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links