The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Advance Generation

Notices

Advance Generation The hallmark of sprite-based Pokémon gaming, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald set you off on an adventure in the watery Hoenn region with tons of diverse Pokémon to discover. Fans of Kanto can reexplore their favorite region in FireRed and LeafGreen. Here you'll find other fans who enjoy talking about the Pokémon, strategy, and techniques to master this generation.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 17th, 2012, 04:02 PM
PaperDanie2
Unhatched Egg

I don't know about you all but I've heard of people who didn't like how easy it is compared to the originals (Yes, the remakes were made easier!) But are there other things about these games you can't stand?

And if not, what do you LOVE about these versions?
Old September 17th, 2012, 04:19 PM
Jak
mother of challenges

Nature: Timid
My favorite part of the game...um...haha. Well um...you know...that part...when you get Eevee. XD My least favorite part...is almost everything I guess. I don't really like playing these games at all, so I think it's fair to say the majority of the game is my least favorite part. :P For simplicity's sake though, I really hate Silph Co. I used to have that place memorized from back when I liked to play FRLG, but not anymore, so yeah...I got lost last time I did it haha.
Old September 17th, 2012, 04:39 PM
metal64meli
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Skype™ to metal64meli
My least favorite part is when Gary appears in the Tower without his ratticate, you guys know the myth :B
Old September 17th, 2012, 08:36 PM
folksychipmunk

Nature: Lax
My least favorite part is how they seemed to make the dungeons and etc. noob-friendly compared to the originals. I'm all for change, but not when it makes the game that much easier. Just my two cents.

Old September 18th, 2012, 01:28 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
I liked the addition of the Sevii Islands; they were worth exploring after I finished FR/LG.

Old September 19th, 2012, 02:17 PM
pokeskate
Lerroux says "bye-bye!

Nature: Serious
favorite part? The whole thing cuz its red/blue with way better graphics! I enjoyed the sevii islands addition and battling garys pidgeot again
Old September 20th, 2012, 05:55 AM
Olli
we keep this love in a photograph

Hmm, hard to say, as there isn't much to the games that I actually dislike. This has been greatly improved from R/B/Y though, but all the caves I guess. Mt. Moon is pretty much the same as it was back in the old games, but the Rock Tunnel was so much less of a pain going through when you were actually able to see something, however it's still the thing I dislike the most about the game. What I liked the most about the game would probably be all the post-game inclusions. All the stuff they added with the Sevii isles, and the stuff you had to go through before being able to battle Mewtwo were some of the things that really helped make the game better than the originals, even though FR/LG have gotten much critique.
Old September 20th, 2012, 06:36 AM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Ironically for those who know me, Cinnabar Mansion is my least favourite part of the story. Going through that place is horrid, it's so confusing and the Pokémon all poison you and stuff and rsngljdlgssd :( But after completion I tend to spend 90% of my time there training since I love the Pokémon in there (Poison types <3) and I'd kill for a shiny Koffing/Grimer xD Most favourite part? I'd have to say reviving the fossils and the Safari Zone, those bits are both super exciting and you can get some kickass Pokémon from them :3
Old September 21st, 2012, 09:17 PM
Brendino
Hold your breath. Make a wish. Count to three.

Nature: Quiet
My least favorite part about FR/LG is that once you've finished the main and post stories, there isn't really anything else to do.

I really did like the addition of the Sevii Islands, though. It was nice to explore a brand new area that wasn't in the original, with many cool things to see like the Sevault Canyon and the Tanoby Ruins.
Old September 21st, 2012, 09:39 PM
ShinyUmbreon189
F U C K PC! WAY TOO STRICT!

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via AIM to ShinyUmbreon189
There's actually nothing I disliked about it. I thought it was a good remake. Well if I had to pick something then I would have to say no Day/Night system. I know the originals didn't have them either but they could'v at least added it. But I liked how they added the 7 Islands and stuff.
Old September 22nd, 2012, 12:31 AM
Rainbow Arcanine
now known as narnia

Nature: Jolly
My least favourite part was always wandering into Lavender Town. I've only been there to finish the main storyline and then run away like lightning. There are so many things I dislike about it. The game soundtrack is still one of the creepiest, even though they attempted to improve it.

My favourite was probably just catching legendaries and getting data for my Pokedex xD. I always felt satisfied when I caught a new Pokemon and would feel pleased for the rest of the day. I also didn't want to let old Professor Oak down!
. :p
Old September 22nd, 2012, 12:45 AM
motb777
Spriter

Nature: Brave
FR/LG were way better than the old ones. What did I like most?
The sprites! They were better than the Ruby/Sapphire ones.
What I hated was the lack of Day and Night system. Overall: 7/10

Scan this with an Android[/sig-reason]
Old September 23rd, 2012, 01:35 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
My favourite part of the games is pretty hard to pick, seeing as they were pretty dull compared to other games and the fact that I have trouble picking favourites. My least favourite part is the post-game and getting the ruby and sapphire. I wanted to trade straight away.
Old September 25th, 2012, 12:09 PM
squirrelfeet
Red Leader

I think that most of the aftergame (save perhaps the very end with the Team Rocket remnants planning to restore Team Rocket) was not well thought-through. Also, I don't like Lorelei going away from the Elite 4 during this period, as I cannot level my Pokes...
Old September 30th, 2012, 01:09 PM
Elite Overlord LeSabre™
Classic Elegance
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Can't say there was anything I didn't like about the games, actually.

Some of my favorite parts were exploring Lorelei's hometown and meeting her outside of battles, throwing down against Giovanni again, the introduction of the invaluable Vs. Seeker, and of course, my favorite aspect was the awesome girl trainer you could play as. I played as her every single time I went through my Leaf Green game, and I probably replayed that game more times than any other game, Pokemon or otherwise.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* VG Claims
* Friend Codes
Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP
Friend Safari:
*GMC Safari
*Pontiac Safari
*Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser
Old September 30th, 2012, 07:41 PM
Hamako-chan
Our unbreakable bond...

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via AIM to Hamako-chan Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Hamako-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Hamako-chan
Least Favourite would be that stupid cave that requires you to use flash. The first time I played LeafGreen, I navigated through the entire cave WITHOUT flash. It IS impossible but outright annoying, luckily I had heaps of repel prepared. My favourite parts would be exploring the berry forest on one of the islands, actually, all the islands were my best moments, I love them all!

White FC: 2881 2384 3038
Platinum FC: 4082 4798 2423
Old October 24th, 2012, 03:52 AM
gavin2090
Pokemon Master

My favorite part of the game would probably be navigating cerulean cave, but my least favorite part would be getting through silph co. That took so long with all the stupid warp tiles!
Old October 24th, 2012, 05:27 AM
Totodilesteel99
Lord of Awesomeness

Silph Co.
I hate Silph Co.
Favorite Part?
Vs.Seeker and Charizard.
Game becomes more fun.
If you are wondering why you are receiving cookies it's because i feel like it.
If you still reading now your just stupid. ;D

Join my Forum!
pokemasters.freeforums.org

Old October 25th, 2012, 01:37 PM
#isthenumbersign

Nature: Sassy
I actually didn't actually like the islands they added. They were kinda boring and there were a lot of them hahaha. It was cool that the Day Care and Johto Pokemon were added, but that's pretty much it. :P
Old October 27th, 2012, 06:57 PM
MontrayDavis
Unhatched Egg

I absolutely love the starter pokemon! Best 3 pokemon to ever exist :D
Old October 28th, 2012, 02:20 AM
LightningAlex

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LightningAlex Send a message via Skype™ to LightningAlex
The least favorite part is Mt. Moon - I hate that dungeon! It's boring and long...

And I love everything else. FR is my favorite Pokemon game!

Old October 28th, 2012, 03:47 AM
Sandshrew4
Also known as Sandwich

Nature: Careful
My least favorite part is the fact that in order to get some good items, you have to catch a certain amount of pokemon. I rarely caught any (and they always ended up being yellows team). I liked the game otherwise.
Old October 29th, 2012, 09:31 AM
Correspondence

My favorite part was the sevii islands stuff because of all the new things that weren't in the old games.My least favorite was the Team Rocket events,battling countless zubats and ratatas over and over again.
Old November 4th, 2012, 11:51 AM
True Honey
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Calm
Exploring and engaging in the Sevii Islands quests to help Celio finish the Network Machine was my absolute favorite part in the game, even though it was after the main storyline.

Avatar & Signature: The Little Flying Jumpluff by ~ alright123100 (deviantART)
Old November 30th, 2012, 09:23 AM
Freak A
Back !!!

Nature: Bold
favourite part has to be the sevi islands as they seemed kinda new... and well the least favourite has to be umm the credits ?

and I LIKE PEANUTS !!!!!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links