The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

View Poll Results: Would you help make a Community Hack?
Yes 19 54.29%
Possibly 14 40.00%
No 2 5.71%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 31st, 2013, 01:41 PM
hinkage
Go make some new disaster
Community Supporter

Advertise here
Probably should have a new thread for signups, but just in case not:

Position (multiple if necessary): Mapping/programming
Proof of Ability (if applicable):
Maps:
Older-

Newer-

Scripts: (text removed cuz of spoilers. Also some movements seem funny because some scripts are from Emerald and the tool is mostly for FR, but they work)

Comments (if applicable): I can also do writing, and story ideas. Those are fun for me, and I like to think I'm pretty good at coming up with new stuff.

Last edited by hinkage; January 31st, 2013 at 03:31 PM. Reason: If you can't slam with the best, then jam with the rest
Old January 31st, 2013, 02:33 PM
Shiny Quagsire
どないやねん, ヤドン

Nature: Jolly
OK, time for my official application then...

Position (multiple if necessary): Head of Programming
Proof of Ability (if applicable):
Using (Berry) Bag for Item Selection
Seasons in Fire Red - One of my older works, dynamic palettes. It has other applications.
Some small ASM work on Pokemon Grey This included dynamic textbox pallets depending on the time of day.

You can also find a few of my other ASM hacks/memory discoveries that I unfortunately never released the source to on my YouTube. Totally regret that now that the hard drive they were on got corrupted. Here's a sign thingy that I did in ASM, but it had text and the pink was transparent. I never took a picture of the finished product, which was very bad on my part:

Lastly, I think you remember this beauty:

That's in Fire Red, all ASM. so if you wanted, once I polish it and release the source, you could make it anything you want, ie Professor Rowan's suitcase, a table with PokeBalls on it, etc. If you want a video, I could do that, but I was lazy and opted for a picture. If you want more on this, you can view my Photobucket ASM diary thingy.
Comments (if applicable):
I've done a bit more than what's above, but I unfortunately never released it. Still, I think this amount of experience will suffice. I look forward to doing some epic ASM hacks from the community project. :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBI agent View Post
If you're using a mac, see if there's a mac version
There's a Linux version, so I'm pretty sure they have a Mac version.

Old January 31st, 2013, 03:05 PM
machomuu
The Lights in the Sky are Stars
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Position (multiple if necessary): Story Development or Head of Story Development. If I'm not applicable for either of those, Scripting

Proof of Ability (if applicable): Hm...that's pretty tough. I don't consider my old hacks to be proof of current ability, and in the past couple of years I've written several game ideas and roleplay characters. So, I guess the best way to gauge this would be through the latter, since my roleplay characters are pretty much the only currently published works that tell how well I can craft a story. So, here are four of the latest characters in my repertoire.

Adam Randi
Daniel Williamson
Kion Gavin
Kion Fenela

There are also a plethora of posts by me in the Roleplay Corner. The game ideas I could post, but that's one of those things that I'm a little paranoid about posting for a number of reasons.

Comments (if applicable): While I'm not into fanfics or posting poems and the like, I have a passion for writing; it's largely where my interest in scripting comes from. Writing speech for characters, giving people backgrounds, and making stories with coherent and airtight plots has always been something I've really enjoyed, and as such, I'd love to see that shine through in this hack, with or without me as a part of the story development team.

Other than that...if it comes down to it, and I am to produce an impromptu story for the sake of applying, I will.
Old January 31st, 2013, 03:25 PM
FBI agent
Imagine something beautiful

Keep the applications coming, so far no one wanted to volunteer for music (just saying, if you want to get a leader position that's your easiest entry point).

I feel kinda motivated to make an application, but at the same time I know there's not point. What to do, one week is a long time ;/

Hacks I support:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=297199 --Legend of Anbuja
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=200227 -- Pokemon Rose version

People whom I thank:
Comrade -- For helping me with my bad hack, and for being a good friend
Darthatron -- Helping me get into basic ASM, even though I'm hopeless. (He is heartless stay away).
Anbuja's_BlooDY -- Graphics help, and being a good friend
FBI -- For having the username I wanted
Old January 31st, 2013, 07:03 PM
DrFuji
Helfen, Wehren, Heilen

Nature: Jolly
Now that this is officially off the ground, we need an thread under Darthatron's control so that things can be better coordinated through the first post. Click here to be redirected to the new thread.

Without further delay, this thread is now closed~

Sponsored Links

Advertise here