Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs
Reload this Page ♛ Legendary Pokemon Club (new event started!) ♛

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old December 30th, 2012 (07:40 PM).
Will you notice?
Gold Tier

Nature: Quiet
Yep. And that is why Mew holds the #1 spot on my list of being the rarest legendary Pokemon. Even tho it's probably one of the strongest Pokemon, it's very playful, sweet and nice. Good thing also. Imagine if Mew wanted to destroy the world or something like that

And I also got a Mew to finally complete my Kanto pokedex thanks to RNC :D
Old December 30th, 2012 (11:06 PM). Edited December 30th, 2012 by Starry Windy.
I am a Dreamer~
Crystal Tier

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Starry Windy
In a real life setting, ignoring stats and the mechanics of the games, how powerful are legendaries really are and how powerful do you think they should be?
I think they will be too powerful than I would imagine.

If I am allowed to answer my question myself, my favorite Signature Legendary move is Seed Flare. A move that usually hits its mark, and a stat reduction to enemy bonus is a treat! This move looks powerful in games, too.

Now I have just watched the Keldeo movie. I got it a few hours ago. This action-packed movie is awesome!
Old December 31st, 2012 (04:06 AM).
Moo~ ♪

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Galoria Send a message via Skype™ to Galoria

In real life setting, ignoring stats and the mechanics of, how powerful are legendaries really are and how powerful do you think they should be?

What a nice question I would like to ask to someone!
Seen, in a balanced game, I think purposely programmers that would'nt add Legends like a unbeatable creature unless we have similar creature in our party.
It was for game's part.

In real life, I think they would be unbeatable with common Pokémon.
Each Legendary Pokémon has a responsibility very precise and important, which is to have cosmic forces. Especially the Anti-Matter and The God Pokémon , Space Pokémon and the other one for Time. Etc ...
We know that Arceus has the highest number of Ev possible until then.But more seriously, Arceus made the universe, the world with its THOUSAND HANDS.
I think they would be very, very, very very very more powerful than inside the game.

It would be like asking a human to collect a kilogram of anti-mantter in the face. It would be simply impossible.
Or faced the wrath of Groudon, which would split the earth in two, leaving Heatran waking up dumped his anger with volcanoes
etc ...

But...I'm wondering about something. Why Legends are so weak in the Movies...?
You can even see about Arceus...He made the worlds, who are 100000x more bigger than him, BUT he get owned by an army of Rattatic.
I can't understand their true power as God, Elementals, Ocean/Ground, etc...
They're very underrated.
Old December 31st, 2012 (08:32 AM).
If all we have is time then we'll be alright
Silver Tier

In a real life setting, ignoring stats and the mechanics of the games, how powerful are legendaries really and how powerful do you think they should be?

Pretty sure they'd be a heck of a lot stronger. It just seems that in the games, their powers are really limited, seeing as just a Pokemon that's regarded as really weak, like a Rattata or something, could easily beat any legendary with a big enough difference in the levels. The anime pretty much counters this, as levels are non-existant in there, and pretty much all of the big legendaries can beat nearly any relatively normal Pokemon, so yeah. That'd be no different in real life. And I feel like some of them even appear too weak in the anime. I mean, Arceus created the entire Pokemon world and is pretty much a god, yet two humans with an army of Pokemon got it down with ease, and it had trouble beating Pokemon it created itself. If it had the power to create them, it should surely have the power to dispose of them again, but then again, iirc it didn't have all its powers at the time, and they needed to keep the plot exciting. Kids don't want to see Arceus wreck everything, they want to see Ash saving the world for, what, the 6th time! But yeah, in real life, angering any of the big legendaries would probably be sure to end the world, granted that none of the other legendaries care enough to try and stop them.

What's your favorite signature Legendary Pokémon attack?

Uhh, not sure if Aurora Beam is a signature move, but in any case, it wouldn't be the one anyways. I much preferred Ho-oh's over that one anyway, but my favourite would be Dialga's Roar of Time. It's the only signature move that I actually really noticed, and at the time I was like freaking out because it was so super awesome and powerful and it beat all the level 3 Starly's in one hit!!! Then I realised it was easy to miss with it and it actually wasn't all that great, but I still loved the animation, and it was still my preferred move to use with Dialga :p

Old December 31st, 2012 (07:52 PM).
You Crystal Clods!
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky
What's your favorite signature Legendary Pokémon attack?

For me, definitely Dialga's Roar of Time and Palkia's Spacial Rend. Both have awesome animations and are very strong. Even though the former is one of those Hyper Beam variants, it's at least unresisted by everything other than Steel which is what makes it strong. And I think Spacial Rend has an awesome effect of slashing despite being Special-based.
Old January 2nd, 2013 (10:13 AM).
Trust & Courage. Nothing More

Nature: Lonely
What's your favorite legendary signature attack?

I guess, thinking back it would have to be either seed flare or luster purge. Both ave very cool animations in-game. Both also lower a stat of your opponent which could give you a tactical advantage.
Old January 14th, 2013 (11:17 PM).
I am a Dreamer~
Crystal Tier

Here it is, A NEW TOPIC!

What do you think about Xerneas and Yveltal, the new Legendary Pokemon?
Old January 15th, 2013 (03:38 AM).

Finally~

Current Topic:
Judding from the new legendarie's new artwork, it looks like they are gunna be epic :D. Yveltal I admit does look pretty beast, but i'm gping with Xerneas due to how serene and majestc it looks in the trailer.
Although i'm kinda stumpped as to what possible roles they might play in the story.
Old January 15th, 2013 (04:48 AM).
I am a Dreamer~
Crystal Tier

In my opinion, I noticed Yveltal is the first vulture-like Legendary Pokemon, so its design is interesting. And Xerneas looks great that I think it is the Gen VI's Virizion, its design is like gleaming light, too! So I think their possible roles maybe look like Light vs Dark.
Old January 15th, 2013 (04:59 AM).
You Crystal Clods!
Crystal Tier

When I first saw these two, I had to say that their designs are very sleek-looking and beautiful. Given their appearances, Xerneas is supposed to represent light (so maybe a Psychic-type?) while Yveltal represents darkness (presumably Dark/Flying), although I don't know how their roles will be portrayed in the story.
Old January 15th, 2013 (08:10 AM).
Storm Caster

Username: ClumzyTrainR13

2 Partner Pokemon: Palkia and Zekrom

Honestly, I didn't think that when 6th gen would come upon us, that the legendaries would look amazing, just as they did in previous gens. I thought, personally, that the legendaries would be terrible, because GF has to run out of ideas eventually... right? Despite that, I stand corrected. Xerneas and Yveltal look awesome, and in my opinion, I prefer Yveltal because I'm hooked on the "main dragon legend" sort of thing. I also see how Yveltal seems like the "bad guy" based on the trailer, and I always like some sort of variation >: D. Maybe in X and Y you get to choose whether you want to be good or evil? Its just a theory, but i think it would be really fun if that were to happen.

Black 2 FC:
4256-2299-8658

Old January 15th, 2013 (10:26 AM).
dance of swords
AdministratorCS

Nature: Timid
Username: Cirno
2 Legendary Pokémon Partners: Victini, Shaymin
They're really awesome - I feel like the legendary designs are a lot cooler than the ones we've gotten for the last two gens. <3; We can really get a feel of their personalities from the design too; Xerneas looks more like the mysterious and calm legendary while Yveltal strikes me as the more aggressive legend.
Old January 15th, 2013 (05:37 PM). Edited January 15th, 2013 by Atomic Pirate.
I always win.

Nature: Impish
Username: Elgyem
2 Legendary Pokémon Partners: Lugia and Ho-Oh
I actually quite like them. Their origins are interesting, with Xerneas seeming to originate from the neuron and Yveltal originating from the muscles. These origins are reflected in the appearances of the new legendaries, with Yveltal especially reflecting that with it's red exterior, which seems to be covered with darker red lines, really giving the appearance of muscle. While Xerneas reflects the neuron less than Yveltal reflects the muscle, the inspiration shines through, giving Xerneas a very wise and calculating appearance. As for the animal that the legends are based off of, obviously Xerneas is a stag, but I can draw some interesting parallels between Yveltal and the Hraesvelg of Nordic mythology.

In fact, I have already decided that I like these legendaries better than any of the legendaries that Generations IV and V gave us (although I really don't like the Generation VI starters). The main reason is that while those legendaries looked very mechanical and manufactured, the Generation VI legends look very organic and natural.

PM me if you add me.

My Friend Safari is Water-type, with Gyarados, Azumarill, and Octillery.
Old January 15th, 2013 (09:23 PM).
Storm Caster

Is there any possibility that I may switch my pokemon from Palkia to Keldeo? If not, that's completely understandable, but it just seems that Keldeo strikes more of as my partner pokemon. Thank you.

Black 2 FC:
4256-2299-8658

Old January 19th, 2013 (04:51 AM).
Momentai :D
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by ClumzyTrainR13:
It just seems that Keldeo strikes more of as my partner pokemon. Thank you.
Why? I'm curious! What is it about Keldeo that strikes you as a partner? It does seem like a very companion-y Pokémon (if that's a word!) but honestly it's not one I've ever really liked, it seems kind of... silly? I don't know, it just looks a bit too childish to be one of these "legendary protector swordsman" things, but maybe that's meant to be the idea and I just haven't read up on its origins haha. Incidentally, I have no idea what Keldeo's Resolute form is supposed to be about, so if anyone cares to explain I'd be grateful! :D
Old January 19th, 2013 (05:02 AM).

@AlexOzzyCake Actually I think I can see where hes coming from. With palkia being a giant and super important legendary pokemon that governs an entire sector of reality, Keldeo does indeed give you that sense of intement companionship along with being able to take Keldo anywhere you go. However I might be wrong.
Old January 19th, 2013 (05:07 AM).
Crystal Tier

Courage posted this in another club and I just had to quote it here due to the greatness of the idea.

Quote originally posted by CourageHound:
Haha, yush I do agree in hopes that Yveltal will be dark type. Like the above said, it would make even greater sense if Xerneas was psychic type. But ya never know. Its color scheme and design definately shouts "Dark!". But in any situation, I guess it would depend on their story roles. Heck, Xerneas with its sparkling antlers may be even able to change type.
DFGKLSHF HOW COOL WOULD THAT BE. If Xerneas came in random types or could change type without some gimmick like Arceus's plates or Rotom's washing machines, how epic would that be? Then if it was ______ type at level __ then it'd learn ______ move or _____ move based on the type, and you'd have to be really careful about making sure it learns the exact moves you wanted by constantly swapping it's type which just sounds sooo cool. Plus you'd be able to try out any type of legendary you'd want so if you're yearning for a Poison legendary or you'd love to try out a Rock type deer-goat-thing, it'd be perfect. I'm loving this idea ahhh. *daydreams*
Old January 19th, 2013 (08:26 AM).
Will you notice?
Gold Tier

Hmm.. what if Xerneas could be any type depending on the game? Just like how Wurmple could evolve depending the complex factor of it?

Like some game will have Xerneas as a dark type, and some will have it as a grass type and so on. That would be pretty cool
Old January 19th, 2013 (10:54 AM).

Hmm. Maybe Xerneas could be any random type upon entering battle? :o that or even better, it could turn inyo a type that best resists your opponent's type or strongest move; something like that. Orrr, changing your opponent's type to be weak to xerneas' strongest move :3? Just brainstorming.
Old January 19th, 2013 (11:39 AM).
Storm Caster

I like the idea of being able to choose which path you take good or evil, and that decides which legendary you face (Yveltal for evil and Xerneas for good) and that changing the game storyline. Just an idea, but imagine if you could be on Team _____ and try to beat your rival, who's a good guy. Someone like Ghetsis could relate as a professor. I think that would be pretty gosh dang awesome :D

Black 2 FC:
4256-2299-8658

Old January 19th, 2013 (04:00 PM).
I always win.

Nature: Impish
Quote originally posted by ClumzyTrainR13:
I like the idea of being able to choose which path you take good or evil, and that decides which legendary you face (Yveltal for evil and Xerneas for good) and that changing the game storyline. Just an idea, but imagine if you could be on Team _____ and try to beat your rival, who's a good guy. Someone like Ghetsis could relate as a professor. I think that would be pretty gosh dang awesome :D
An alignment system in the game sounds pretty damn cool. Unfortunately, GF will never make it, as they believe that being anything but a goody-two shoes who does everything perfect would be a bad influence for children.

Honestly, though, I'd love to join the enemy team. Going with the rumor that there will be appearance customization in the game, you could be given a uniform for the team, and you could get into triple battles with that team's grunts and commanders, and fight against your rival. Maybe there could be a key point in the game about halfway through where you decided who to side with.

Going with that idea, maybe you would have to capture Xerneas if you choose good and Yveltal if you choose evil. Then, you would have to fight the opposite legendary, who would be captured by your rival. Maybe in the third game, then, you could choose to be neutral and capture the third legendary, and get into an amazing double battle against both of the other legends.

And considering that I have hated every rival from every generation since Gen. III, I wouldn't have to be swayed to turn to the dark side.

As for my favorite of the two, I'd have to say Yveltal. I mean, it's a huge, menacing Norse vulture. Hell yes.

PM me if you add me.

My Friend Safari is Water-type, with Gyarados, Azumarill, and Octillery.
Old January 22nd, 2013 (01:47 PM).

Well i dunno about the whole good/evil thing, but I do agree that it would be a nice plot twist for your path to be influenced by you chasing after either one of the legendaries. Like say if you picked Xerneas you would be on a path of peace and good intentions while picking yveltal would be about misguidence and revenge(or something along those lines). But not neceserrily good or evil. Cuz GF wouldnt do that.
Old January 24th, 2013 (11:22 PM).
Crystal Tier

Are Pokémon really capable of being Good/Evil though? I suppose legendary Pokémon would be the most likely candidates for this, but I don't think Pokémon are really capable of that level of thought...? Yveltal being evil just doesn't seem too likely to me, unfortunately! It'd be really cool if they did do a good vs evil theme, but I don't think GF will be too on board with that. I suppose some Pokémon like Cobalion/etc have been known to fight evil though, so who knows...
Old January 27th, 2013 (07:17 AM).
Will you notice?
Gold Tier

I don't think some Pokemon are meant to be evil. We see some Pokemon cause havoc, yes. But that's because they're provoked or have some sort of rivalry with other Pokemon. Like Groudon & Kyogre, Dialga & Palkia, Thundurus & Tornadus, Cresselia & Darkrai etc.
Old January 27th, 2013 (07:32 AM).

Well as seen in the movies pokemon have a clear high standard of intelligence. The only instance of a pokemon being "evil" is under the ownership of an evil organization cuz they are attached to their person. No pokemon really have evil intentions. Malicious maybe, but not evil

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)