Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central
Reload this Page We hope to see you again!

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.
Sort Threads: Featured | Spinoffs

Old 4 Days Ago (08:56 PM).
I can totally rave to this!

Nature: Hasty
1,193 post

Pokémon Centers are fundamental features in the core series games. They provide a lot of services, for example like healing Pokémon, PC Storages, Cable Club related services (until Generation III), Wireless Club (from Generation IV to Generation V), Wi-Fi Plaza (from Generation IV only) and even a hot spring in Lavaridge. There's one thing in common from those services, they are all free of charge!

They provide even more services in the anime, but since we're in PGC right now. I'd rather not elaborate it.

So here's the thing! How do they make money in the Pokémon World? How do they pay the electric bills? At least it makes more sense in the Unova and Kalos regions, they've got the friendly shop located in every Pokémon Centers across their region.

I don't recall any huge government parties in the Pokémon game, if there's anything similar, probably a lone Mayor in a few towns and cities like Opelucid's Drayden.

I suspect that Pokémon League might has something to do with it. Probably they pay the salaries for the nurses, the bills, and even both the Gym Leaders and Elite Four's salaries. But that's just a speculation, as Pokémon Center and Pokémon League are simply in partnership? I don't really know. Send in your theories too!

Claims
3DS FC Name: A's | FC:3695-0268-1834
A HAPPY MEMBER SINCE FEB 2008!
Old 4 Days Ago (11:48 PM).
Shay's Ice Prince

Nature: Lax
181 posts
I want to know why they hope to see you again. They aren't making money off it, so why are they enthusiastic about your Pokemon getting hurt? >>;

I assume it's a tax system, though. Police are 'technically' free of charge, but they still get paid through taxes. I figure the same can be said for these 'free' services in Pokemon. I imagine the same thing applies to the Pokemon League and the Gym Leaders. They don't charge for entry, and in fact pay YOU when you win, so... they must be getting money somewhere. It's probably taxes.

"Wilt thou change this world, or wilt thou change thyself? " ~Water Dragon
Old 3 Days Ago (03:02 AM).
Summoner of the Great Spirits
Crystal Tier

Nature: Lonely
1,522 post
Quote originally posted by Frozen Lotus:
I assume it's a tax system, though. Police are 'technically' free of charge, but they still get paid through taxes. I figure the same can be said for these 'free' services in Pokemon. I imagine the same thing applies to the Pokemon League and the Gym Leaders. They don't charge for entry, and in fact pay YOU when you win, so... they must be getting money somewhere. It's probably taxes.
It would at least explain, why there's Poke Centers everywhere, but no police. All the taxes just go to those institutions, which means there's nothing left for police forces, which allows evil teams to operate to their hearts content, unless some random ten-year-old-newb-trainer comes across and beats them with their Pokemon team.
Old 3 Days Ago (10:10 AM).
"My Howl leaves foes shaking with fear!"

Location: That place called... Wait, what was it called again?
Nature: Calm
4,262 posts
Send a message via Skype™ to Lycanthropy
Maybe it gets funded by the Pokémon League. The Gym Leaders and Elite Four are challenged by many and as they're strong (or they should be), they probably win regularly and get payed by the losers, who have to make use of the Pokémon Center and might try again.
It's the only logical explanation I can find besides government funding.

Houndoom
The dark Pokémon
#TeamTrivia
The Underground
Pokémon Choice Quest
The Roaga region
My profile
Credit:
Amazing background by DeviantArt's moltres92
Old 3 Days Ago (10:28 AM).
Call me Del

Nature: Quirky
62 posts
Hmm, maybe it's charity funded? With so many Pokemon trainers, there'd be more than enough willing to donate to keep their beloved Pokemon healthy. And as someone mentioned previously, the League and Gym Leaders probably make more than enough to give a hefty chunk to charity. If this were the case, the Pokemon Center probably has a lot of volunteers recruited alongside experienced, paid nurses. I like to think the 'we hope to see you again' is purely because they know Pokemon are used in hobby battles, and they like to know the trainers are being responsible and getting their injuries seen to!

Also, since the main character is around 10 years old, they're probably too young to donate, so we don't see this side of the Pokemon Center life?

A glimmer of hope in a war-torn world - The End

Other stories - SWC entry 'Rivers and Waterfalls'

If you'd like me to read and review your fanfic, just message me
Old 3 Days Ago (02:37 PM).

Nature: Modest
119 posts
I have two different ideas about this. The first is that it is funded by the Elite Four / Champion. The other is that every time you use the Pokemon Center, its free at the moment but there is a bill of sorts that gets sent back to your mother at home and every time you use the Pokemon Center or even the PC there is a charge.
Old 3 Days Ago (05:57 PM).
I can totally rave to this!

Nature: Hasty
1,193 post
Quote originally posted by Bgoldwax:
I have two different ideas about this. The first is that it is funded by the Elite Four / Champion. The other is that every time you use the Pokemon Center, its free at the moment but there is a bill of sorts that gets sent back to your mother at home and every time you use the Pokemon Center or even the PC there is a charge.
I beg to differ on 'a bill of sorts that gets sent back to your mother at home'. The mother from HGSS and GSC just spends money!

I think everyone's theory lands on Pokémon League.

What if they aren't fund by the League and they are family business? How about the nurses having secret jobs to keep up the maintenance? Maybe working as wrestlers?

Claims
3DS FC Name: A's | FC:3695-0268-1834
A HAPPY MEMBER SINCE FEB 2008!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)