Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central
Reload this Page Pokemon Rumble World - Free To Play!

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Old 4 Weeks Ago (03:12 PM).
too cheap to have an avatar
Crystal Tier

Nature: Rash
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/04/01/pokemon-rumble-world-announced-free-to-play-on-3ds

In the april 1st direct, nintendo announced the latest installment in the pokemon rumble series. It will include over 700 pokemon to fight with and will also support Mega Evolutions and Primal Reversal. It will also be free to play, and will use a Pok Diamond currency in order to access more areas via a hot air balloon. These can be obtained by finishing certain quests, through StreetPass or bought with money through the Nintendo eShop.

Are you going to download it? Do you think this will work in a F2P environment? Are you worried about the direction the Pokmon series is taking, with this being the 2nd F2P Pokmon game on the eShop?

tumblr.
reviewblog.
Old 4 Weeks Ago (06:45 PM).
Love me ;.;

Nature: Docile
Hmm even pokemon shuffle isn't enough to run a freemium base game. What's gotten into Nintedo going freemium. that is ridiculously horrible
Old 4 Weeks Ago (10:53 AM).
& having to receive it
Battle Server
CS

I was never too fond of Pokémon Rumble series, in all honesty, so I'm unsure if I'm actually looking forward to its release or not, nor if I'm going to wind up downloading this game. As for the direction that they're taking, releasing free-to-play games likely wouldn't have any negative effect on them, I feel. If anything, it'd be more positive, as it'd give us opportunity to play Pokémon if we've never tried our hands on this series before (spin-off titles might not allow us to see how main ones are like, but they do help give us a little taste).
Old 4 Weeks Ago (07:04 AM).
I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.

Nature: Bashful
I played Rumble Blast and quite enjoyed it so I will probably download this Rumble, for no reason other than that it's free. But I will never pay out for anything in it. Like Shuffle.

I'm still trying to decide whether this Pay to Win system is a good idea. Part of me thinks from a money making POV it is. There are people who pay out for the extra goes or jewels or whatever, and that just means money to Nintendo. So yeah, they're not making 40+ currency every purchase, but the possibility of people paying out X amount every couple of weeks for extra goes is a possibility. I'm interested in whether or not it actually is making them money, but if the pay system works for Candy Crush then it will work for Nintendo, I think...
Old 4 Weeks Ago (11:48 AM).

Nature: Careful
when I saw pokemon shuffle, I really liked it. For no other reason then I enjoy a puzzle game now and then. However the transactions are starting to drive me crazy because I don't refuse to use any power ups.
As for rumble, it doesn't really seem like my kind of game. But I might download it just as a time waster. I mean... why not? But I probably won't get it when it first comes out.
I'm not really super impressed with pokemon going freemium. I mean, I was okay with it until the latest shuffle stages were added. which were just pushing transactions in your face. Once it gets to the point of making the game less fun, I get upset.
Old 4 Weeks Ago (01:11 PM).
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Silver Tier

It's not only the second, but it is following immediately after the first one. It makes one wonder if GF/Nintendo will do paid DLC for the main series...since DLC is a trend.
Old 4 Weeks Ago (06:48 AM).
Administrator
CS

Nature: Timid
Never was interested in Rumble and I can see the F2P aspect being a little much for me.. already have Shuffle to deal with, heh. And that game is becoming near impossible without using powerups towards later levels. Will most likely pass on Rumble again as usual.
Old 3 Weeks Ago (06:35 AM).
fml

Nature: Naughty
This game sucks lol

Ok bye

Old 3 Weeks Ago (09:36 AM).
Blue-blooded Otaku Teacher
Silver Tier

Nature: Quirky
Okay, I did not expect Pokemon Rumble World to be this easy.

I mean, I just started Pokemon Rumble Blast when a friend of mine sold me his unused copy, and I grew addicted... really addicted actually. But I had occasional losses here and there. So far, the bosses got defeated too easily, and apparently you auto attack as well so less need to aim yay.

But eh... it's a fun way to pass the time, I'll give Nintendo credit for that.

#BlueBloods
Old 3 Weeks Ago (02:30 PM).

Nature: Adamant
Anyone find a list online to what Pokemon won't be in it? I too am downloading it just because it's free, but I was just wondering if there was anything online about which Pokemon weren't in the game
Need a specific Berry? I have literally every kind. Need a Friend Safari HA pokemon? I have them all. Need a gen 1 - 3 (and a few from gen 4) Move Tutor Egg Move that can no longer be obtained? I might be able to help. Drop me a DM if you need anything and maybe I can help!
Old 3 Weeks Ago (02:33 PM).

I just downloaded it today. I was surprised how quickly I got addicted. It's not difficult by any stretch of the imagination, but I love collecting all the different pokemon and their moves. The game is actually pretty cute and a good time waster. especially once you have a few different balloons. Really surprised how much I like it. and more importantly, so far I'm getting through the game just fine without micro transactions. Nothing like pokemon shuffle that had started to drive me crazy!
Old 3 Weeks Ago (02:35 PM).

Quote originally posted by Howmander:
Anyone find a list online to what Pokemon won't be in it? I too am downloading it just because it's free, but I was just wondering if there was anything online about which Pokemon weren't in the game
serebii is currently making a list of pokemon that WILL be in it. but I think it's safe to assume pokemon like shaymin and darkrai won't be there.
Old 3 Weeks Ago (02:54 PM).
Kōbu
BS
CS

Nature: Modest
Free to play games that aren't demos are always kinda.. iffy. That being said, I really do love playing pokemon rumble in general, and I think it's been released sometime today? So, I think I'll go ahead and try it out soon, and I won't expect much except it being really easy, haha.

But we'll see! If it's addicting, then, it will serve it's purpose; I hope that they will put in stuff for it like in the free to play pokemon puzzle game too, which again wasn't bad, but, I hope that they don't pull that 30 min wait time on this game too.. ugh.

persona | family | moderator | twin | credit
Old 3 Weeks Ago (04:24 PM).

Nature: Adamant
Also do a quick google search as they are currently giving away Pancham and Smeargle via serial code (sorry I don't have a link at the moment, I'm on my phone and it's a hassle to switch browser screens)
Need a specific Berry? I have literally every kind. Need a Friend Safari HA pokemon? I have them all. Need a gen 1 - 3 (and a few from gen 4) Move Tutor Egg Move that can no longer be obtained? I might be able to help. Drop me a DM if you need anything and maybe I can help!
Old 3 Weeks Ago (04:35 PM).
Remember NovEnder
Super Moderator

I found the codes thanks to Reddit!

NA: Pancham — 18294319
Smeargle — 18014401

EU: Pancham — 24197410
Smeargle — 35325215

--

I played this game for a little while after downloading it, and it's really kind of simple to play through. It's the perfect game for me to pop open and waste a few minutes just hitting the A button while trying to fill out the game's Pokedex.
Old 3 Weeks Ago (07:10 PM).
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by Dragon:
I hope that they don't pull that 30 min wait time on this game too.. ugh.
It's worse lol. The balloons can inflate around 15 minutes to a few hours. But really, I think it's the best way to keep me from getting too addicted and play every half an hour lol.

But man, the world levels up faster than you'd expected. I mean, I got a Punchy Ponyta with 2 great moves and it was my ace, and now it's getting tipped off everywhere. That Pancham and Smeargle are completely useless to me now, but eh... freebies. :T

Also, my dumb luck always gives me the worst stage in any Fever mode. Like, I got Talonflame out of Delphox and Charizard, and then the only 1* stage out of the 3* and 2* with the 3* stage having a Latios on it, boo. :C

#BlueBloods
Old 3 Weeks Ago (11:20 PM).
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Silver Tier

I got lucky and managed to get the Latios stage...but my luck didn't last as I didn't get a Latios...
Old 3 Weeks Ago (02:13 PM).

the whole timing your pressing the A button to get to a certain island is starting to drive me insane. There are islands I've completely finished and then one I just can never seem to land on... so I end up getting super strong litleo but not even a chance at charizard. Feels like this machanic was put in just to pressure people to buy diamonds to choose their destination and then also to drag out the game play.

For anyone else playing... are you enjoying it so far? What's your prized pokemon right now? Mines a darmanitan. but my companion is a rapidash.
Old 3 Weeks Ago (03:06 PM).
Goin' Bananas
Super Moderator
CS

Nature: Timid
Cherrim told me that the Petilil in this game are beasts, so I guess I have to try it now. I still haven't even touched Shuffle. But hey, free is free and even if I don't enjoy it, there's not too much room for complaining since I don't have to spend money on it.

I've never played a Rumble game actually, so curious to see how this one is...maybe. lol

i'm leaving this i don't even care
Old 3 Weeks Ago (03:06 PM).
●» f r e e yourself from the heavens' bonds «
Super Moderator
CS

I just downloaded it, more to see what it was like than anything else. I've never actually played a rumble game before, heh.

It's...decent? A nice little fast-paced game to pass the time, definitely. I haven't seen any part of it yet that's annoyed me too much in regards to having to pay for anything (I can see waiting for balloons being that, though), although to be fair I haven't been playing for that long. As long as it doesn't tick me off like pokemon shuffle did, and oh did shuffle tick me off when I realize it was five games and then wait, then all will be well.

...This game is actually a bit more fun than I thought it would be, huh. Hopefully I'll be able to put it down soon enough, I got things to do!

#bluebloods

» Paired with
Proto
8/14/2007
, yo.
» sketch.threaddAtumblr
Old 3 Weeks Ago (03:36 PM).
Git Gud™ Incarnate

Nature: Quiet
I love this game, though I'm a bit miffed that I haven't caught a Swampert. I thought I'd be able to get him easy in the tutorial. Guess I'm gonna have to find him another way.

I think the wait times are perfect for a guy like me, though. This isn't a game I'd want to play in long spats, otherwise I'd be crippled and have to scrounge up cash for microtransactions.

"I'm not particularly literate on the computer. But I do enjoy shaking my fist at it." - Jon Stewart, Reddit AMA
Old 3 Weeks Ago (09:30 PM).
Silver Tier

I'm actually glad that there's a cap of 3000 Pokediamond purchase. That's probably more than enough to grab all the balloons. As for other upgrades, simply playing he game and collecting the diamonds is more than enough. Plus, we get a few exclusives from buying it.

The cheapest amount needed to spend on 3000 Pokediamonds is $37.5 for the US, which is equivalent to one game. I say that's quite worth it unlike Pokemon Shuffle's micro-transactions. And since there's a cap, you're probably not going to waste too much on this game haha.

I actually chucked out $5 on Pokediamonds 'cause honestly, this game is so much worth the money than Pokemon Shuffle. Eh, I had $5 laying around my E-Shop anyway not getting used so... yeah.

#BlueBloods
Old 3 Weeks Ago (12:19 AM).

Nature: Docile
This game is fun, cute and addicting. I've managed to catch Suicune, happy as I kept losing Latias and Latios. It's troublesome trying to land on those 3 star stages! i also think the little story quests and ability to customise your Mii is very cute.

I think I heard somewhere that all 719 pokemon (which would be excluding unreleased legendaries) are available in the game. I was very happy to hear that!

Is anyone else having a problem with freezing? Occasionally the music will stop, and then about 10 seconds later the game will freeze and I have to turn the system off. I hope they release a patch soon :/ unless it's my system, which I think is unlikely since it's a new nintendo 3DS I got for christmas.

Sig above made by WonderK on belltreeforums
Old 3 Weeks Ago (04:27 AM).
Platinum Tier

Nature: Relaxed
It's really fun! I downloaded this last night and I'm really enjoying everything about it so far. The diamond currency is a little off putting, but you can earn them so it's not impossible to get them without paying. Overall though I'd say it's great for a free downloadable title.
Old 3 Weeks Ago (05:10 AM).
Flareon Master

Nature: Modest
its a really great and fun game I already bought the discount diamonds and its even more fun then the other entries in the series

Breeding for Shinys, playing rumble world

my 3DS FC is:
0216-2224-5730
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links