< >
Hello, guest! Please log in or register.

The PokéCommunity

Go Back     The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central Help Thread General Questions & Answers Thread

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.
Sort Threads: Spinoff Central

View Poll Results: Have you ever found a shiny?
Yes 19 73.08%
No 5 19.23%
Yes, but I lost it! 2 7.69%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #226    
Old August 6th, 2010 (10:21 AM).
Weavile05's Avatar
Weavile05 Weavile05 is offline
Currently Hacking BW
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: North Carolina
Gender: Male
Nature: Lax
Posts: 1,431
I was asking how to get it to show up in the real game, which I will be buying a copy of soon, not the rom, the option should show up on the ROM, I already know I won't be able to connect to battle revolution on my R4. I was just asking how to make it show up in the real game. I know it's possible, I saw the back of the game in the store and it said it could connect to battle rev., I just want to know how to get the option to show up.
In progress

Hoenn, 1 Badge
My Youtube Channel: Check out my Pokemon Red Walkthrough
Pokemon White FC: 2322 5491 2643

Relevant Advertising!

  #227    
Old August 6th, 2010 (3:51 PM). Edited August 6th, 2010 by Logiedan.
Logiedan's Avatar
Logiedan Logiedan is offline
highly-functioning sociopath
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: fountain of dreams
Age: 1
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weavile05 View Post
I was asking how to get it to show up in the real game, which I will be buying a copy of soon, not the rom, the option should show up on the ROM, I already know I won't be able to connect to battle revolution on my R4. I was just asking how to make it show up in the real game. I know it's possible, I saw the back of the game in the store and it said it could connect to battle rev., I just want to know how to get the option to show up.

I'm sure it won't work on the rom,but if you use the actual game it will work.
  1. What you do is go on your wii and turn on your Pokémon Battle Revolution(PBR).
  2. You go to your 'Storage.'
  3. Press 'Copy Pokémon' and then click it again.
  4. Now while it's loading open your DS with your Pokémon cartridge.
  5. On the menu screen where you can set your wi-fi settings and continue your save file,a new window should pop up that says 'Connect to Wii.'
  6. Press 'Connect to Wii' then wait for it to connect and load and it should work fine.
What things you should remember is:
  • You are unable to use R4's or anything related.
  • You do not need Wi-Fi for this.
  • This copies Pokémon. You will not lose the Pokémon in your DS.
  • It completely copies all of your Pokémon in your storage.
  • You can do this as many times as you want.
  • Both games need to be in the same language.
  • I'm certain that this is fully compatible with DPPt and HGSS.
pair: Sheep

  #228    
Old August 12th, 2010 (10:45 AM). Edited August 12th, 2010 by Ludger.
Weavile05's Avatar
Weavile05 Weavile05 is offline
Currently Hacking BW
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: North Carolina
Gender: Male
Nature: Lax
Posts: 1,431
That's fine, and I know that copying the pokes won't work on the rom, but the option should still show up on the rom, right? Also it doesn't show up on my legit copy of SS either. what about that?

EDIT: Never mind, I didn't know that the option would only show up when it knows that there is a wii to connect to.
In progress

Hoenn, 1 Badge
My Youtube Channel: Check out my Pokemon Red Walkthrough
Pokemon White FC: 2322 5491 2643
  #229    
Old August 21st, 2010 (12:41 PM).
Haowakeorden Haowakeorden is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Nature: Hardy
Posts: 988
Now I've heard that PBR won't allow you to go on Wi-Fi with a Pokémon that's been hacked to have an IV or IVs over 31. But I've also heard a rumour that PBR also doesn't allow Pokémon with all IVs 31, even if no cheating device was involved. Has anyone tried taking a Pokémon with straight 31 IVs on PBR Wi-Fi and seen the results? Does it actually let you do a random or friend battle using a Pokémon with all IVs 31?
My YouTube channel (BlasterMillennia).
  #230    
Old August 21st, 2010 (3:11 PM).
Weavile05's Avatar
Weavile05 Weavile05 is offline
Currently Hacking BW
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: North Carolina
Gender: Male
Nature: Lax
Posts: 1,431
I understand the above 31 thing. however, if no cheating device was used, it should still allow you to use all 31 IVs.
In progress

Hoenn, 1 Badge
My Youtube Channel: Check out my Pokemon Red Walkthrough
Pokemon White FC: 2322 5491 2643
  #231    
Old August 25th, 2010 (11:52 AM).
Amore Amore is offline
Now stand up and begin
Gold Tier
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Panic Station
Age: 21
Posts: 3,478
A couple of questions about Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia

1. Is your starter pokemon able to evolve?

i.e. if I choose Munchlax, Sneasel or Gible, can I end up with Snorlax, Weavile or Garchomp?

2. Is Manaphy available like in Pokemon Ranger?

I know it was available, but is it through a password like in the original, or was it only available as a wi-fi download?
  #232    
Old August 26th, 2010 (12:55 AM).
Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is offline
Memento Mori
Gold Tier
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Posts: 14,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amore View Post
A couple of questions about Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia

1. Is your starter pokemon able to evolve?

i.e. if I choose Munchlax, Sneasel or Gible, can I end up with Snorlax, Weavile or Garchomp?
No there aren't evolutions in SoA =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amore View Post
2. Is Manaphy available like in Pokemon Ranger?
I know it was available, but is it through a password like in the original, or was it only available as a wi-fi download?
If I remember it was through Wi-Fi but I'm not sure it's still available.
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
  #233    
Old August 26th, 2010 (8:39 AM).
RockHardSemi's Avatar
RockHardSemi RockHardSemi is offline
Lv 53
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Viridian Forest, in a bush.
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Posts: 246
With that new Pokemon Ranger game (Shadows of Almia) is it connectable to the Pokemon games such as Diamon/Pearl/Plaitnum/Soul Silver/Heart Gold? If so, is that for items and Pokemon or just items?

Also, is it any good? I've not played it before it looked crazy at first.
  #234    
Old August 27th, 2010 (1:36 AM).
Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is offline
Memento Mori
Gold Tier
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Posts: 14,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHardSemi View Post
With that new Pokemon Ranger game (Shadows of Almia) is it connectable to the Pokemon games such as Diamon/Pearl/Plaitnum/Soul Silver/Heart Gold? If so, is that for items and Pokemon or just items?

Also, is it any good? I've not played it before it looked crazy at first.
I wouldn't call SoA as a new Ranger xD
But to answer it. I don't know about HG/SS but it can be connected to D/P/Pt but only to transfer Aura Sphere Riolu, Manaphy egg and Dakrai to D/P/Pt games.
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
  #235    
Old September 1st, 2010 (2:06 AM).
Polizard's Avatar
Polizard Polizard is offline
Awesome Trainer
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bankstown
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
Posts: 658
Ok i just got all of the seven treasures and i would prefer not to lose them so im wondering if i lose a battle or something will they be lost??? and if so can i get them back
Credit for this signature and my profile pic goes to Ash

  #236    
Old September 1st, 2010 (2:57 AM).
Spirit Albarn♫'s Avatar
Spirit Albarn♫ Spirit Albarn♫ is offline
death scythe★
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Round the corner
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Posts: 160
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Spirit Albarn♫
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polizard View Post
Ok i just got all of the seven treasures and i would prefer not to lose them so im wondering if i lose a battle or something will they be lost??? and if so can i get them back
It depends you lose half your items when you lose so there's a 50/50 chance

pair - pc family - theme&credit - FC




  #237    
Old October 11th, 2010 (7:11 PM).
GengarsRevenge's Avatar
GengarsRevenge GengarsRevenge is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 16
Heyyy so I'm just curious how compatible all the console games are with all the gameboy game generations. Correct me where I'm wrong please:

Stadium 1: Gen 1
Stadium 2: Gen 1-2
Colosseum: Gen 1-3?
XD: Gen 1-3?
Box: Gen 3
Ranch: Gen 4
Battle Revolution: Gen 4
  #238    
Old October 12th, 2010 (3:42 AM). Edited October 12th, 2010 by Timbjerr.
Timbjerr's Avatar
Timbjerr Timbjerr is offline
T-o-X-i-C
Platinum Tier
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Texas
Age: 28
Gender: Female
Nature: Timid
Posts: 7,428
Colosseum and XD are only compatible with GenIII games. The rest you've got right. :P
  #239    
Old October 16th, 2010 (1:11 PM).
RockHardSemi's Avatar
RockHardSemi RockHardSemi is offline
Lv 53
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Viridian Forest, in a bush.
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Posts: 246
I almost bought a Wii today for the sole reason of playing that Pokemon Battle Revolution. However, is it similar to Pokemon Colosseum, where it has a story? Or is it only Pokemon Stadium battles that take place?

I've nabbed myself a Gamecube again (for £3 off eBay FTW) and will hopefully buy a copy of XD: Gale of Darkness to keep my Pokemon 3D needs at bay.
  #240    
Old October 16th, 2010 (11:42 PM).
Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is offline
Memento Mori
Gold Tier
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Posts: 14,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polizard View Post
Ok i just got all of the seven treasures and i would prefer not to lose them so im wondering if i lose a battle or something will they be lost??? and if so can i get them back
Just like Spirit mentioned there's 50% chance that you will lose them.
And to get them again... well you have to go back to the dungeon and beat the boss again =D But I'm not sure if you'll get it once you recruited boss of dungeon... maybe you get it once you climb to boss's room...
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
  #241    
Old October 23rd, 2010 (11:14 PM). Edited October 23rd, 2010 by Xebelleon.
Xebelleon's Avatar
Xebelleon Xebelleon is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Canada
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Posts: 1,543
Pokemon Battle Revolution is almost like being stuck in Mt. Battle for ever. Not the best reason to buy a Wii as the online community is there, if in a lacking sense when compared to things like Pokemon Online servers or taking your DS onto Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection.
Pokemon Battle Revolution has a Surf Pikachu, Magmortar, Electivire, various items for battle/evolution, and a variety of berries to save your in-game winnings on.
NO "shadow" Pokemon are in PBR. No mini-games are in PBR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHardSemi View Post
I almost bought a Wii today for the sole reason of playing that Pokemon Battle Revolution. However, is it similar to Pokemon Colosseum, where it has a story? Or is it only Pokemon Stadium battles that take place?

I've nabbed myself a Gamecube again (for £3 off eBay FTW) and will hopefully buy a copy of XD: Gale of Darkness to keep my Pokemon 3D needs at bay.

Shadows of Almia is Sinnoh compatable as far as I know. HGSS doubtful, as they had not been released yet (2008).

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHardSemi View Post
With that new Pokemon Ranger game (Shadows of Almia) is it connectable to the Pokemon games such as Diamon/Pearl/Plaitnum/Soul Silver/Heart Gold? If so, is that for items and Pokemon or just items?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHardSemi View Post

Also, is it any good? I've not played it before it looked crazy at first.
The Ranger games are a severely underrated and underappreciated spinoff series as they have in my opinion one of the best stories if the Dungeon games sick a person out.
-Should be aware that for a game reliant ENTIRELY on drawing circles, loops, and odd symbols, the game play is rather good.
-Replay value of the games is minimal sadly.
-One good thing may rest in THE FIRST Ranger game when purchased used as not every buyer knew/knows the password entry to use for the Ranger Net Manaphy mission (password is region dependent, with Japan, Europe, America have their own. I think Australia does, too).
-The first Ranger takes maybe ten hours to finish. The second Ranger, Shadows of Almia, is much improved over the first as you can ride a Torkoal to "lava surf", ride Drifloon over steam jets, ride Mantine through underwater currents, and do Safari Zone style challenges on a Doduo or Lapras.
-The NEW Ranger game, Guardian Signs, is rather unique in that it almost
"forces" a person to buy a second copy if they want the Deoxys from its available "wireless" mission (NOTE: wireless in this case is LOCAL). This totally blows. Like, royally. As going out to find someone that actually HAS this game is about as challenging as a wi-fi battle with you not having evolved Pokemon. This Guardian Signs is also quite long but has a rather lengthy "wireless" mode that grants the Ranger a separate stat range for his Styler and skills when choosing to "go back" by calling Celebi.

Each Ranger game has a single player mission for Manaphy to send to a Gen IV game, though the first two are only Sinnoh. The events for the second Ranger game are over I think. They "were" for a Manaphy and Darkrai. Manaphy is always an Egg.
This new Ranger game offers: a Manaphy egg, Heatran, Deoxys form dependant on capture time OR form when mission cleared, and a Shaymin.

Celebi and Arceus are in the new Ranger game, but probably not in a transfer capacity.

There is a Browser feature that is like a PokeDex. Complete it unlocks some extra skill stuff like taking Pokemon partners anywhere.
-- --
2ds fc safari - fire - Braixen, Magmar, Slugma - i think - 0404.7525.1925
My kind of music is rock/metal.
  #242    
Old November 30th, 2010 (10:48 AM). Edited December 1st, 2010 by AliceBlaze.
AliceBlaze's Avatar
AliceBlaze AliceBlaze is offline
Shiny Collector
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Derby, England
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Nature: Quiet
Posts: 408
I got a secondhand copy of Pokemon Pinball today which already had high scores and pokedex data on it but I want start from the beginning. I managed delete all the high scores but how do I delete the pokedex data?

Edit: I have another question, this one is about Ranger: Guardian Signs. I'm getting this game for my birthday (December 13th) and I'm wondering if I can receive the Wifi missions as soon as I get the game or do I have to finish the main storyline before I can receive them?
Current shiny progress: 74/706
Last shiny obtained:
  #243    
Old December 3rd, 2010 (2:48 AM).
The Red Chain
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceBlaze View Post
I got a secondhand copy of Pokemon Pinball today which already had high scores and pokedex data on it but I want start from the beginning. I managed delete all the high scores but how do I delete the pokedex data?
You could start a new game.. I'll write the ways to for both games, just in case.

Pokemon Pinball ;
When you start up the fame and the Nintendo sign will come up. Press A + B + R + L all at the same time when it does.
It should ask "Are you really sure you want to delete this game file?" or something like that.


Pokemon Pinball Ruby & Sapphire ; Hold down left on the control pad and push down L and R at the same time 3 times in a row. Be sure to hold on the left button the whole time.

For the Ruby & Sapphire I had to google it, so I'm sorry for the vagueness, but I dunno it myself..

Quote:
I have another question, this one is about Ranger: Guardian Signs. I'm getting this game for my birthday (December 13th) and I'm wondering if I can receive the Wifi missions as soon as I get the game or do I have to finish the main storyline before I can receive them?
You can receive them right away to my knowledge.
  #244    
Old December 4th, 2010 (4:17 AM).
AliceBlaze's Avatar
AliceBlaze AliceBlaze is offline
Shiny Collector
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Derby, England
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Nature: Quiet
Posts: 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Red Chain View Post
You could start a new game.. I'll write the ways to for both games, just in case.

Pokemon Pinball ;
When you start up the fame and the Nintendo sign will come up. Press A + B + R + L all at the same time when it does.
It should ask "Are you really sure you want to delete this game file?" or something like that.


Pokemon Pinball Ruby & Sapphire ; Hold down left on the control pad and push down L and R at the same time 3 times in a row. Be sure to hold on the left button the whole time.

For the Ruby & Sapphire I had to google it, so I'm sorry for the vagueness, but I dunno it myself..

You can receive them right away to my knowledge.
Thanks, now I can start from the beginning in Pinball and I don't have to worry about missing the Wifi events in Ranger: GS.
Current shiny progress: 74/706
Last shiny obtained:
  #245    
Old December 4th, 2010 (4:40 AM).
MTF-Adam MTF-Adam is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 1
Where is a good site to get a Wonder mail Generator these days? lol
  #246    
Old December 4th, 2010 (5:16 AM).
Get Weird's Avatar
Get Weird Get Weird is offline
let's get weird
Gold Tier
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: England
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Posts: 4,051
Just google "Wonder Mail Generator" and you should find it.

Don't PM me asking to give you a link... or VM :x
Cos I'm yours

ask.fm // #1 // #2 // tumblr // twitter // 1349 6159 4149 // get weird
  #247    
Old December 20th, 2010 (7:42 PM).
Rankurusu's Avatar
Rankurusu Rankurusu is offline
WHITE VERSION AT LAST!!
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: White Forest
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
Posts: 145
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Rankurusu
Hey on the Ranger three Deoxys multiplayer mission, if you play it twice with a different leader both times will both players get the Deoxys to transfer?

Platinum Friend code: 0045 8046 8819
Pearl Friend Code: 3868 4181 2887
HeartGold Friend code: 5028 1623 2843
White Friend code :4427-0757-6448
  #248    
Old December 31st, 2010 (2:06 PM).
Haowakeorden Haowakeorden is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Nature: Hardy
Posts: 988
Now, it's been going around that if you buy an item in Pokémon Battle Revolution to transfer to a main series Pokémon game, you can only transfer the item once per main series save file. That is, if you transfer one item from PBR to a main series game, you can't transfer the same item again unless you use a different save file for the main series game, or use a different main series game card.

However, I've also heard that if you use a different PBR save file to obtain the item, you can still transfer the item to the same main series game with the same save file. Has anyone tried it here?

Thanks. (Hope everyone understood the question.)
My YouTube channel (BlasterMillennia).
  #249    
Old December 31st, 2010 (7:35 PM).
Get Weird's Avatar
Get Weird Get Weird is offline
let's get weird
Gold Tier
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: England
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Posts: 4,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haowakeorden View Post
Now, it's been going around that if you buy an item in Pokémon Battle Revolution to transfer to a main series Pokémon game, you can only transfer the item once per main series save file. That is, if you transfer one item from PBR to a main series game, you can't transfer the same item again unless you use a different save file for the main series game, or use a different main series game card.

However, I've also heard that if you use a different PBR save file to obtain the item, you can still transfer the item to the same main series game with the same save file. Has anyone tried it here?

Thanks. (Hope everyone understood the question.)
I kinda understood the question >> XD; I believe this only counts for the Pokemon not items, since I transfered over quite a few TM's. So they work the same right? :/ So items shouldn't be any different.
Cos I'm yours

ask.fm // #1 // #2 // tumblr // twitter // 1349 6159 4149 // get weird
  #250    
Old January 1st, 2011 (9:15 AM).
Haowakeorden Haowakeorden is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Nature: Hardy
Posts: 988
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonomega View Post


I kinda understood the question >> XD; I believe this only counts for the Pokemon not items, since I transfered over quite a few TM's. So they work the same right? :/ So items shouldn't be any different.
Did you manage to transfer the exact same TM over and over?

Basically what I heard was that if you transferred, say a TM92 to a (e.g.) Diamond Version save file, you couldn't transfer another TM92 from the same PBR save file to the same Diamond save file. Then there was a not-completely-confirmed rumour that if you used a different PBR save file, then you could transfer a TM92 to the same Diamond save file.
My YouTube channel (BlasterMillennia).
Closed Thread Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


  All times are GMT -8. The time now is 2:45 AM.


Contact Us Archive Privacy Statement Terms of Service Top