The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

View Poll Results: Too much Mega Evolutions will impact the metagame negatively.
Yes 11 35.48%
No 11 35.48%
Yes, but it's not a real cause for concern. 9 29.03%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 2nd, 2013, 05:32 AM
bobandbill
Wahahahaha!

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to bobandbill
Well, likely real. Sometimes fakes look very convincing, sadly. Still, nothing really suggests they are fake from what I see, but just be wary with buying games online.

I will merge this with the questions thread of the Pokemon Gaming Central section as your question is specific to games (besides the anime as well or whatnot). Just in case someone else has thoughts to offer on the games being real/fake.
ORAS Staff Collab 2014
Old June 2nd, 2013, 09:28 AM
Roychu
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roychu View Post
I've been lurking on ebay and I saw this
http://www.ebay.com/itm/281115509848...84.m1438.l2649
The price is very attractive
Black 1 has no box
Black 2 has box, no manual
Send from USA
From pics, cartridges look legit, not faded or grayish like many fakes I've seen.
Would you say these are real or fake?
Also, is there really any major drawback to a game being fake?
Thanks for answering, sorry if this breaks any rules. I read the rules and didn't see anything against this.
Also I wasn't sure if this should go here or under Pokemon Gaming Central.
Thanks for reading!
The seller sent me 2 new pictures. I'm pretty sure they're legit-
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/$T2eC16h,!yEE9s5jHPtcBRqt,HzJcw~~60_4.JPG
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/$T2eC16NHJHIFFh!kYy+mBRqtb(rw,!~~60_4.JPG
What do you say?
60$ for both + 15$ shipping- Used in Great Condition
or
Roughly 91$ (shipping included) for both, Completely New, from ShopTo.net
(the difference in the price is equal to 3 hours where I work)
So what do you say?
My Heart Gold FC - 0262 1253 3957

I admin a pokemon-based page on facebook - facebook.com/PkmnUltimateGold

My Welcome Lounge thread - http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthr...53#post7685453

Last edited by Roychu; June 2nd, 2013 at 09:35 AM.
Old June 2nd, 2013, 01:23 PM
Sydian
you burn with us

Nature: Timid
Those look legit to me. DS games aren't as faked as GBA games, so I'd say you're good to go!

paired to peeta
Old June 3rd, 2013, 02:58 PM
Roychu
Unhatched Egg

I've got some questions :D
1. Why do people who are not from Japan, buy and play the Japanese versions of the Pokémon games?
2. Why do people prefer UT pokémon? (I assume it means untouched as in never participated in a battle or gained an EXP point)
3. Can you participate in events from other regions (for example, Japan) by using a Japanese game, or a Japanese ROM of the game through a flashcart?
4. Why do people demand nickname-able pokémon? Are there any pokémon that cannot be nicknamed?
5. Say I have a shiny Charmander. If I breed him with a Ditto (one who ISN'T from a different region), will the offspring have a higher chance of being shiny? Will it ALWAYS be shiny?
6. Are 'cloned' pokemon (through either AR codes, or GTS clone glitch or w.e) considered legit?
7. If I participate in a Nintendo event with a ROM via a flashcart, (For example, getting the recent Deoxys through Mystery Gift on an R4 with a Black 2 rom) considered legit?
8. What is up with Headbutt? I read somewhere that if a tree doesn't give a pokemon the first time, it never will & if it does, it always will. But then, on Serebii, I read that there are different kinds of tree, common and rare... I'm really confused

I think that's it for now :D Thanks!
My Heart Gold FC - 0262 1253 3957

I admin a pokemon-based page on facebook - facebook.com/PkmnUltimateGold

My Welcome Lounge thread - http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthr...53#post7685453

Last edited by Roychu; June 3rd, 2013 at 03:48 PM. Reason: added another question :D
Old June 3rd, 2013, 03:09 PM
rebelxgirl

My question is, how do you clone Pokemon? And why do some people not like clones?

Don't kill me if I disappear in a trade, I work in public safety, sometimes stuff happens. I'll be back.
I have a Rock type Friend Safari with Boldore, Corsola, & Barbacle. PM me to trade FCs.

Have a few legendaries & some rare Pokemon to complete my National dex. Clones or touch trades would be great. If we do touch trades, I do have some legendaries for touch trade only. Help is appreciated.
Old June 3rd, 2013, 04:04 PM
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roychu View Post
I've got some questions :D
1. Why do people who are not from Japan, buy and play the Japanese versions of the Pokémon games?
2. Why do people prefer UT pokémon? (I assume it means untouched as in never participated in a battle or gained an EXP point)
3. Can you participate in events from other regions (for example, Japan) by using a Japanese game, or a Japanese ROM of the game through a flashcart?
4. Why do people demand nickname-able pokémon? Are there any pokémon that cannot be nicknamed?
5. Say I have a shiny Charmander. If I breed him with a Ditto (one who ISN'T from a different region), will the offspring have a higher chance of being shiny? Will it ALWAYS be shiny?
6. Are 'cloned' pokemon (through either AR codes, or GTS clone glitch or w.e) considered legit?
7. If I participate in a Nintendo event with a ROM via a flashcart, (For example, getting the recent Deoxys through Mystery Gift on an R4 with a Black 2 rom) considered legit?
8. What is up with Headbutt? I read somewhere that if a tree doesn't give a pokemon the first time, it never will & if it does, it always will. But then, on Serebii, I read that there are different kinds of tree, common and rare... I'm really confused :S

I think that's it for now :D Thanks!
1. Some people like having foreign Pokemon, purely for collection or aesthetic reasons.
2. UT Pokemon are more desirable because they have not been tampered with. Therefore you can shape it to what ever you want. Events even more so for collectors, think of it as a rare new game from 10 years ago compared to a one that was opened and played with.
3. Yes you can, though only Wi-Fi events unless you plan to travel to the country in question for the local events.
4. Some people like nicknames because it gives the Pokemon more meaning, some don't. It's personal preference really.
5. No, if you breed shiny Pokemon together it will still be the same 1/8192. Unless you are playing G/S/C, in which case the chances increase, though it's variable depending on the species.
6. They are considered legit by only some people. In Trade Corner we allow cloned Pokemon to be traded as long as they are clones of legit Pokemon. However some people do not like them, be sure to ask them before trading!
7. Once again, some people consider them legit while some don't. Always ask the person in question before trading.
8. Headbutting trees only appears in G/S/C and HG/SS. Basically, some trees allow you to encounter Pokemon, while some will not ever contain Pokemon no matter how many times you Headbutt it. The specific kinds of trees are the ones that contain one kind of Pokemon that is not normally native to HG/SS and those Pokemon can only be found in one tree respectively.

Phew, is that it? I hope I answered your questions and gave you the answer you needed >.<

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelxgirl View Post
My question is, how do you clone Pokemon? And why do some people not like clones?
There are few different ways, glitch (on certain games), Action Replay, or Pokemon Editing Programs. Some people do not like clones because they view them as hacked or cheated.

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Ever wonder what goes through my head as I breed Pokemon? Want to see all the steps and pains I take to provide Pokemon for all of you? Well clicky clicky [here].
Old June 3rd, 2013, 05:34 PM
rebelxgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabor62 View Post
1. Some people like having foreign Pokemon, purely for collection or aesthetic reasons.
2. UT Pokemon are more desirable because they have not been tampered with. Therefore you can shape it to what ever you want. Events even more so for collectors, think of it as a rare new game from 10 years ago compared to a one that was opened and played with.
3. Yes you can, though only Wi-Fi events unless you plan to travel to the country in question for the local events.
4. Some people like nicknames because it gives the Pokemon more meaning, some don't. It's personal preference really.
5. No, if you breed shiny Pokemon together it will still be the same 1/8192. Unless you are playing G/S/C, in which case the chances increase, though it's variable depending on the species.
6. They are considered legit by only some people. In Trade Corner we allow cloned Pokemon to be traded as long as they are clones of legit Pokemon. However some people do not like them, be sure to ask them before trading!
7. Once again, some people consider them legit while some don't. Always ask the person in question before trading.
8. Headbutting trees only appears in G/S/C and HG/SS. Basically, some trees allow you to encounter Pokemon, while some will not ever contain Pokemon no matter how many times you Headbutt it. The specific kinds of trees are the ones that contain one kind of Pokemon that is not normally native to HG/SS and those Pokemon can only be found in one tree respectively.

Phew, is that it? I hope I answered your questions and gave you the answer you needed >.<

There are few different ways, glitch (on certain games), Action Replay, or Pokemon Editing Programs. Some people do not like clones because they view them as hacked or cheated.
Ok, got ya.

Also, apparently my PalPad is saved to my DS? Cause I just went to enter the WFC for the first time since I got my 3DS & all my PalPad entries are gone. Strange.

Don't kill me if I disappear in a trade, I work in public safety, sometimes stuff happens. I'll be back.
I have a Rock type Friend Safari with Boldore, Corsola, & Barbacle. PM me to trade FCs.

Have a few legendaries & some rare Pokemon to complete my National dex. Clones or touch trades would be great. If we do touch trades, I do have some legendaries for touch trade only. Help is appreciated.
Old June 3rd, 2013, 06:10 PM
Sydian
you burn with us

Quote:
Also, apparently my PalPad is saved to my DS? Cause I just went to enter the WFC for the first time since I got my 3DS & all my PalPad entries are gone. Strange.
This is true. When you swap consoles and go into WFC, your FC will change and your Pal Pad is erased. It depends on the console, so yeah. It happened to me too and it took me a while to realize it, haha.

paired to peeta
Old June 3rd, 2013, 06:24 PM
rebelxgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
This is true. When you swap consoles and go into WFC, your FC will change and your Pal Pad is erased. It depends on the console, so yeah. It happened to me too and it took me a while to realize it, haha.
It changes your FC too?? *expletive* Lovely, I just gave my FC to somebody for a trade here in a few. Fiddle sticks! lol

Old June 3rd, 2013, 06:28 PM
Sydian
you burn with us

They'll understand! Your new FC should be in your Pal Pad. Just check it. :) If it's not, go into WFC and come back out and it'll definitely be there. Also, the last person I heard say "fiddle sticks" was my me maw, so thanks for reminding me of her haha. <3

paired to peeta
Old June 8th, 2013, 01:50 PM
Skyther
Over Achiever

Nature: Adamant
Okay, I've fully EV Trained my Scyther and I was wondering if I should stop leveling it up at level 50, or continue all the way to level 100. I understand when you go to a VGC or Pokemon VG Event that your pokemon are reduced to level 50 and their stats are reduced to that of a pokemon's stats would be at level 50, but are their EV's kept the same?

I'm confused whether it would be a waste of time EV training then leveling up my pokemon to 100 if their stats are going to be reduced. So, here's the question again, after EV Traning, should I or do you level your pokemon to 100 or 50 for Video Game events.
Old June 8th, 2013, 02:06 PM
Dansparce
is rly good

Send a message via Skype™ to Dansparce
It really depends on if you want any of the moves that can only be learnt above level 50. In Scyther's case its Air Slash at level 53, Swords dance at level 57 and Feint at level 61. If you want those moves, go ahead. I not there isn't much use...

3DS Friend Code: 4742-7053-1635
Friend Safari: Pumkaboo, Shuppet and Golurk
Old June 16th, 2013, 02:13 AM
Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu
Yep, that's me
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Naughty
Hey guys, the game is Leaf Green and I am in the seafoam cave, trying to get you know who. This seems to be the only way I can go, to the water that is too strong to use surf. How can I get past this? Any help is welcomed. I am a newbe, so please use newb talk if possible, thank you.

Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu
My favorite evolution series

Kiwi Land|Thunder Bolt Forums|ProBoards After Dark|New Zealand

Old June 16th, 2013, 02:33 AM
waveguidebuizel
no ordinary buizel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu View Post
Hey guys, the game is Leaf Green and I am in the seafoam cave, trying to get you know who. This seems to be the only way I can go, to the water that is too strong to use surf. How can I get past this? Any help is welcomed. I am a newbe, so please use newb talk if possible, thank you.

You'll have to go to upper floors and push boulders into holes so that they block the water currents. That'll stop the water from moving and allow you to surf on it.

while keeping perfect time
you’ll bag up these hearts of mine
with your rhythmic shaking motion
let’s mix up more of our love potion

Water Safari: Octillery, Gyarados, Poliwhirl
Searching for Minccino, Gastrodon, Liepard, and Braixen safaris
Old June 16th, 2013, 02:36 AM
Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu
Yep, that's me

Oh yeah I think I have been to a place like that, umm...where is that again? Sorry for the hassle but I am stumped here. Thanks for helping me mate.

Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu

Old June 16th, 2013, 10:40 AM
waveguidebuizel
no ordinary buizel

You'll see them if you climb up the ladders, if that's what you mean. I don't remember the layout of the Seafoam Islands, so just explore a bit and you'll eventually find them. I know it's a pretty confusing place; once, I got lost there, so I just proceeded to Cinnabar from Pallet. =P You're welcome, and sorry for the late reply. ^-^

while keeping perfect time
you’ll bag up these hearts of mine
with your rhythmic shaking motion
let’s mix up more of our love potion

Water Safari: Octillery, Gyarados, Poliwhirl
Searching for Minccino, Gastrodon, Liepard, and Braixen safaris
Old June 16th, 2013, 03:07 PM
Sydian
you burn with us

For future reference, please use the Advance Generation Q&A thread when you have questions about LeafGreen. :) When games already have a section that has it's own specific Q&A thread, you use that one, not this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Quick Questions and Answers thread rules
- If the question you're going to ask already has a forum dedicated to it, like Black and White, please ask in that section's Q&A thread. Your posts may be deleted if they are specific to one game that already has a thread or belong elsewhere entirely.

paired to peeta
Old June 16th, 2013, 06:54 PM
Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu
Yep, that's me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
For future reference, please use the Advance Generation Q&A thread when you have questions about LeafGreen. When games already have a section that has it's own specific Q&A thread, you use that one, not this one.
Sorry I am no good on GENS so I do have trouble figuring out where to post, but I am getting better!

Hey I need a hand with GENS if anyone can help me, what GEN's do these Pokemon belong?

1. Riolu

2.Entai

3. Mudkip series

4. Minun and Plusle

Thank you!

Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu

Old June 16th, 2013, 07:01 PM
Sydian
you burn with us

Quote:
1. Riolu Gen 4

2.Entai Gen 2

3. Mudkip series Gen 3

4. Minun and Plusle Gen 3
The answers are in bold :)

paired to peeta
Old June 18th, 2013, 11:18 AM
CloysterOyster
Master of Ice

Nature: Lax
Ok, so I joined this forum back in February and asked what may have happened to my Pokémon Crystal game for GameBoy Color, as I hadn't played it since 2008 when I found out that all the game data had been erased. I was told that the battery dried up as to why the data was wiped out and that I need to replace the battery. Well, here is another problem I discovered today.

I decided to check today to see if my Gameboy Color worked at all after years of not using it. I have had it since 1998 when I got my first Pokémon game, the Yellow version. I also wanted to make sure the batteries in it weren't corroded as they've been in there a long time and didn't want my GameBoy Color to be ruined. They were in good shape and the GameBoy Color still worked, so I was relieved. I popped in my Crystal version to test and see and yep, it still says "new game" and "options", so it's still the same as when I found out it dried up. After this, I decided to see if my other Pokémon games, the Yellow, Blue and Silver versions, worked and still had the saved game data. I popped in my Silver version and found out that it too had all the data erased, so I felt down upon finding that. Next, the Yellow version, and again, all its data was gone. Lastly, the Blue version, and it said on the bottom of the screen "the file data is destroyed", so now all 4 of my Pokémon games are without their saved game data. It was bad enough that I found my Crystal version in that condition, and now the other three are like that.

How could all 4 of my Pokémon games for GameBoy Color lose their data like that? Is my Gameboy Color just old and not reading the cartridges? Did all of the cartridges just dry up and erase the data? I hadn't played any of them in 5 years or more after my Crystal version dried up and didn't think they would end up the same. Did not playing them for this long cause this? The last I checked on any of them was years ago and they were fine then, even after I found my Crystal version empty of data. I'm quite disappointed that I have to start all of them over again but can't if its a battery problem and needing to replace them all to keep saved data from being erased again.

Help me
I have made Facebook pages of all 721 existing Pokémon plus Mega evolutions. If you want to join them, search for them in this format: [Pokémon's name], Pokémon # [Pokédex number], or for Mega evolutions, just type in Mega [Pokémon's name]
Old June 19th, 2013, 03:19 AM
Amore
Now stand up and begin
Community Supporter

Yeah, most likely it was the internal battery drying up. I mean, they're over 10 years old and if you hadn't played them for 5 years, they're just sitting there running down battery. They could've been erased a day after you stopped playing them, or a day before you checked them.
Old June 19th, 2013, 03:30 AM
CloysterOyster
Master of Ice

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amore View Post
Yeah, most likely it was the internal battery drying up. I mean, they're over 10 years old and if you hadn't played them for 5 years, they're just sitting there running down battery. They could've been erased a day after you stopped playing them, or a day before you checked them.
I thought as much. How much is that gonna cost me to replace all 4 of their batteries?
I have made Facebook pages of all 721 existing Pokémon plus Mega evolutions. If you want to join them, search for them in this format: [Pokémon's name], Pokémon # [Pokédex number], or for Mega evolutions, just type in Mega [Pokémon's name]
Old June 20th, 2013, 01:49 PM
Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu
Yep, that's me

Game: Leaf Green

Elite Four: Beaten

I have got 60 Pokemon and now what to get a Pichu. How do I do that? I don't have a rainbow pass and can't get to Island four an am like going a little crazy trying to find out how to do it.

Any help is welcomed with open arms! Thanks!

I am a newbe so please go slow.

Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu

Old June 20th, 2013, 03:32 PM
Sydian
you burn with us

Just breed two Pikachu. That should result in Pichu. No crazy item combos like in later gens, haha. And for the Rainbow Pass, you'll need to speak with Celio to get it. That also starts your quest for the Sapphire and Ruby to trade with...well, Ruby and Sapphire. And Emerald, of course.

Also, I've told you this before, but please, when you have a question for a game of a specific generation, this being Advance Generation, you need to ask in that section's Q&A thread. I'm going to delete your post as spam next time.

paired to peeta
Old June 22nd, 2013, 06:01 AM
Toheka1brian
Unhatched Egg

So these are complete noob questions about training pokemon ev values. I want to practice doing it for pokemon X and Y and never done it before since I'm used to pokemon Gen 1 and 2. I read alot of forums and guides, so I'm aware of basic stuff so these are questions I feel I still don't quite understand.

1. If two pokemon battle the same foe pokemon does the pokemon who beat the foe only get the ev point?

2. I've read a lot of people say they train pokemon for ev after the in-game story is done. Does this mean they train a set of 6 new pokemon? because all the trainer and gym battles give ev points so to do afterwards would seem pointless since the pokemon have been getting ev already.

3. I've been practicing ev training already, but I don't see the effects happening... For example I'll have my lillipup battle 8 patrats that means I should have two extra atk stats when it level ups since 4evs = +1, but when it levels up it's atk stat is still only going up by one so I'm confused on when the effects of ev training actually apply and it's nature is adamant

I know it's alot, but if you can help I'll really appreciate it. Thanks!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links