The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 19th, 2012, 09:17 PM
~RNC~
Mother Of All Pokemon!!

Nature: Quirky

Advertise here
I already read that, I googled before I posted about this and there is a discussion in the pokemon general that some one mentioned because of Missingno it would win a fight between Unova and Kanto (I think that was the last region) Just wondering why ppl are still talking about a pokemon that doesn't exist really!
My Thread Review ---> HERE
Old December 19th, 2012, 09:42 PM
Sydian
Reserved for Syd's house - Nook Homes

Nature: Timid
People still find it interesting to this day, really. I mean, people still think RBY is the best thing since sliced bread and ignore gens II-V, so yeah. People will discuss and gush over anything really.
Old December 19th, 2012, 09:54 PM
~RNC~
Mother Of All Pokemon!!

Nature: Quirky
Ok one more and I'm done, why would Missingno be listed on Bulba if it's not real? I mean Bulba to me and serebii is my trusted sites for pokemon info!
My Thread Review ---> HERE
Old December 19th, 2012, 11:32 PM
Sydian
Reserved for Syd's house - Nook Homes

Nature: Timid
Bulbapedia is a Pokemon encyclopedia and considering encyclopedias are probably the most detailed books of information, it's only natural this internet encyclopedia contain everything about Pokemon that it can hold. Serebii is a bit more straight forward and less detailed than Bulbapedia. And not an encyclopedia, lol.
Old January 6th, 2013, 10:40 PM
mozartm99

Nature: Lax
So I got some spare cash recently and I want to get a new pokemon game. I already have all the blacks and whites, I have pearl and diamond, and I don't really want a GBA of GB color game. So out of Soul Silver, or Platinum which do you guys think I should get. I kinda want to get SS so I can experience the older type stuff, but platinum looks pretty &$% cool. So what are your opinions on the two games?
Old January 6th, 2013, 11:03 PM
Dillon_68
Lover of Winter

Nature: Relaxed
SoulSilver, no doubt about it. Platinum is very good also, but SoulSilver looks the best, has Pokemon following you, and is very lengthy.
Old January 7th, 2013, 11:02 AM
mozartm99

Yeah I did some looking around and read some reviews and SS just sounds like an overall more fun/different experience. And the main legendary is lugia.

Would it be a bad idea to get it used? I know it would have all of the previous owners data but that might be kind of fun to do that.
Friendship dies and true love lies
Night will fall and dark will rise
when a good man goes to war
Demons run, but count the cost
the battle's won, but the child is lost.

Last edited by mozartm99; January 7th, 2013 at 11:59 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old January 7th, 2013, 03:39 PM
Killjoy
"He was a laser fish."

Nature: Quiet
I like getting used Pokémon games, just so I can see what the person before me used. Mind you I still start over from the beginning after I check it out. It would be silly to continue someone else's game, even if they weren't that far into the game

Out of the two, I would deffinetly get SS (Or HG, which if what I chose). Platinum is an excelent game, but I'm still more of a fan of HGSS
Old January 7th, 2013, 03:43 PM
LilJz
Zoeeyyyyy! ♥
Community Supporter

I would say Soul Silver, they made all the changes from Platinum and transferred it to SS. Plus it's really awesome to see how Johto changed from the Gen II G/S/C games.

And the interface is quite better imo.
Old January 7th, 2013, 09:29 PM
pikakitten
You met with a terrible fate

Nature: Naughty
I'd say SS because it has two regions, slightly different story than the original G/S/C, good music, features, etc. I'm not that big of a Sinnoh fan though so :P xD
Old January 8th, 2013, 10:19 AM
mozartm99

Well I got SS yesterday and love it. I cleared the first two gyms easy with my Cyndaquil (now a quilava) lv 20, and a zubat Lv. 16. The egg hatched and I will probably get rid of it though. What other guys would you recommend adding to the team though?
Friendship dies and true love lies
Night will fall and dark will rise
when a good man goes to war
Demons run, but count the cost
the battle's won, but the child is lost.
Old January 8th, 2013, 01:17 PM
shubshub
Master of The Y

Wait a while and get Pokemon X FTFW
[Pokemon White 2]: 3182 4860 8214 [OT: Chris ID: 62513]
[Nintendo 3DS]: 4441 8375 5933 [Pokemon Y]

My Favorite Pokémon!
Garchomp
Powered By Kabigon! -The Website Made by me-

Coming Soon!
The Pokemon X&Y Pokemon Outpost
Old January 10th, 2013, 03:22 PM
24bones3
Unhatched Egg

With X&Y announced me and my friends are the Pokemon games. If we start on February first we have 40 days to beat each game. I haven't actually played black and white, 1 or 2. I'm the only one who used to be a die hard Pokemon fan and have a few questions. We want to have basically rules almost, like certain things you have beat in that game, here is what we have so far...

Red/Blue
• Defeat all 8 Gym Leaders
• Defeat Elite Four
Crystal
• Defeat Elite Four
• Defeat Trainer Red
Emerald
• Capture Rayquaza
• Defeat Elite Four
• Capture the Regis
• Defeat Champion Steven
Platinum
• Defeat all 8 Gym Leader
• Catch Giratina
• Defeat Elite Four

I look at these as incomplete lists and need help completing them. I also need help making lists for Pokemon Black/White 1 and 2. We are not doing the Frontiers because it will take to long for my friends.

So if anyone could improve this list and make one for black/white it would be great!
Old January 10th, 2013, 05:35 PM
shubshub
Master of The Y

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24bones3 View Post
With X&Y announced me and my friends are the Pokemon games. If we start on February first we have 40 days to beat each game. I haven't actually played black and white, 1 or 2. I'm the only one who used to be a die hard Pokemon fan and have a few questions. We want to have basically rules almost, like certain things you have beat in that game, here is what we have so far...

Red/Blue
• Defeat Elite Four
Crystal
• Defeat Elite Four
• Defeat Trainer Red
Emerald
• Capture Rayquaza
• Defeat Elite Four
• Capture the Regis
• Defeat Champion Steven
Platinum
• Defeat all 8 Gym Leader
• Catch Giratina
• Defeat Elite Four

I look at these as incomplete lists and need help completing them. I also need help making lists for Pokemon Black/White 1 and 2. We are not doing the Frontiers because it will take to long for my friends.

So if anyone could improve this list and make one for black/white it would be great!
Crystal
- Defeat all the Kanto Gyms
- Catch a Shiny Pokemon??? [Optional]

Red and Blue
- Catch Zapdos Moltres and Articuno
- Catch Mewtwo
- Capture Mew??? [Via the glitch also Optional]

Platinum
- Capture Dialga and Palkia [You can do this Post-Game]
- Get the Griseous orb [You can get the Griseous orb Post-Game in the Distortion World]
- Get all Battle Frontier Symbols (Or Print or whatever they are called) in Silver
- Get all Battle Frontier Symbols in Gold
[Pokemon White 2]: 3182 4860 8214 [OT: Chris ID: 62513]
[Nintendo 3DS]: 4441 8375 5933 [Pokemon Y]

My Favorite Pokémon!
Garchomp