The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Challenges

Notices

Challenges Bored of your old Pokémon games, but still want to play them? Put your skills to the test with a solo run, a monotype challenge, or anything else you can think of.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Old January 1st, 2013, 05:46 PM
Luigi-San
Decisions, Decisions...
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via AIM to Luigi-San Send a message via Skype™ to Luigi-San

Advertise here
Pretty much every other generation has one, so why not?

Rules

1. You can only use Pokemon that are listed for your chosen leader (all of which are based on who they have in G/S/C, Stadium 2, the anime, and the manga), as well as (where applicable) their pre-evolution(s).
2. HM slaves are allowed.
3. Each leader has one "signature" Pokemon. You MUST use that Pokemon.
4. You can hack to obtain Pokemon that are unavailable in your chosen game or can only be obtained by trading.
5. You must have at least one listed Pokemon on your roster by the second gym.
6. The challenge ends when you defeat Red at Mt. Silver.
7. Have Fun!

Leaders

Falkner

Signature Pokemon:

Pidgeot

Other Pokemon:

Noctowl
Farfetch'd
Delibird
Fearow
Togetic
Charizard
Dodrio
Zapdos
Gligar
Skarmory
Articuno
Xatu

Bugsy

Signature Pokemon:

Scizor

Other Pokemon:

Beedrill
Butterfree
Victreebel
Pinsir
Tyranitar
Raticate
Sudowoodo
Quagsire
Heracross

Whitney

Signature Pokemon:

Miltank

Other Pokemon:

Clefable
Wigglytuff
Vileplume
Bellossom
Dodrio
Stantler
Persian
Golduck
Mr. Mime
Tauros
Donphan
Nidoqueen
Smeargle
Ditto
Magmar
Raichu

Morty

Signature Pokemon:

Gengar

Other Pokemon:

Ariados
Sudowoodo
Marowak
Girafarig
Noctowl
Exeggutor
Lapras
Misdreavus
Granbull
Mantine

Chuck Norris

Signature Pokemon:

Poliwrath

Other Pokemon:

Primeape
Sandslash
Machamp
Hitmonchan
Granbull
Hypno
Ampharos
Ursaring
Hitmonlee
Hitmontop

Jasmine

Signature Pokemon:

Steelix

Other Pokemon:

Magneton
Corsola
Mantine
Skarmory
Forretress
Rapidash
Slowbro
Blastoise
Scizor
Stantler
Ampharos
Togetic

Pryce

Signature Pokemon:

Piloswine

Other Pokemon:

Dewgong
Cloyster
Ursaring
Donphan
Jynx
Tentacruel
Hitmontop
Quagsire
Girafarig
Articuno
Delibird
Lapras

Clair

Signature Pokemon:

Kingdra

Other Pokemon:

Dragonite
Ampharos
Rhydon
Arcanine
Lapras
Charizard
Nidoking
Gyarados

Signups

Here's the signup form:

Name:
Game (You can use HG/SS in addition to G/S/C):
Leader:

And my signup:

Name: Luigi-San
Game: Crystal
Leader: Morty

And here's the list of signups:

Challengers

Spoiler:
Luigi-San: Morty

Champions

Spoiler:
None yet!

<--- Level these up!

<--- Join us!
Old January 2nd, 2013, 03:55 AM
diamondmutt1111
A wild summer appeared!

Nature: Lax
I wanna do this challenge!...but I want to finish a few I am attempting to complete. If I do sign-up, I would choose Chuck, most likely.

EDIT: Decided to sign-up, though updates from me won't come until I can find my DS charger for another one of my challenges.

Gym Leader: Chuck
Game: Crystal (Maybe Heart Gold)
Pokémon:

Poliwrath

Ampharos

Granbull

Hypno

Sandslash

Hitmonlee

“Be the change you want to see in the world.” - Mahatma Gandhi
#swablunest/Youtube/Blogger

Last edited by diamondmutt1111; January 2nd, 2013 at 05:04 AM.
Old January 3rd, 2013, 02:53 PM
jujuju
The Guelah Papyrus

I'm going to try this on silver using Bugsy. I can't trade though, so I'll hack in the Scizor as my starter. Will also use Butterfree, Quagsire, Raticate, Victreebel and Heracross. Do you mind if I also hack in a leaf stone at some point?
Old January 3rd, 2013, 06:44 PM
Rafael p
Kangaskhan

Name: Rafael
Game; Silver
Leader: Bugsy. Can't trade though so hacking Scizor as starter
Old January 4th, 2013, 03:34 AM
MattyJ
Serial Procrastinator

Nature: Brave
Alright. I'm going to give this a shot. Since I don't know how to hack evolutions in Crystal (and can't find any tools to do so and have been trying for a good hour), I'm going to play this challenge in FireRed. I hope that's OK. This is my first challenge, so hopefully I can do it successfully!

Name: MattyJ
Game: FireRed
Gym Leader: Clair

First Update:
Spoiler:

Well, it's time for me to set off on my adventure!

Yup! Clair is my name! Starting to think I need to do something about this outfit, though...

Oh. Look who else is coming along for this little journey.

Lance. What better rival for me, hey?

My first Pokemon! Named in honour of Ritchie's Charmander (have a cookie if you remember Ritchie!)
Of course, to get to Level 6...

Lance must have picked the wrong Pokemon!

Or... Maybe I just lucked out? Twice in a row isn't bad, though!

Zippo was doing amazingly well, and looking forward to incinerating all the bugs in the Forest...

She did so well, she evolved!

Not only that, she also learned Metal Claw on the way through the forest, a move I knew would be crucial for our upcoming battle with Brock.

Of course, I had to get past his little minion first. Can you believe this kid?

Thinking Brock is better looking than me! The nerve! I should beat him again, just to show him who's boss.

Although, beating his boss probably did the trick, too.

Brock told me to head for the Cerulean Gym next. After obtaining the Boulderbadge, things are looking pretty great for me!

CURRENT PARTY

ZIPPO [CHARMELEON]
(Level 17)
Nature: Docile Ability: Blaze
HP: 49 ATK: 27 DEF: 29 SP.ATK: 33 SP.DEF: 27 SPEED: 37
Moves
Scratch, Growl, Ember, Metal Claw

Stay tuned for more updates as my journey continues!!

Second Update:
Spoiler:

After defeating Brock, Zippo and I ventured out onto Route 3 - after an aide gave us a present we had been waiting for; our Running Shoes from Mom!
On Route 3, we met some of the Bug Catchers from Viridian Forest, we told them they should have had Burn Heal, but they obviously didn't listen.

We also met a new friend!

Nido the Nidoran (M) joined our party! We stopped off at the Pokemon Centre outside of Mt. Moon, and spoke to a rather odd gentleman, who thought he could sell us a Pokemon!

Why anyone would pay that sort of money for a Pokemon is beyond me!
Zippo and I gave Nido some training, before we headed inside Mt. Moon.

It was kinda dark, but it wasn't all that scary. Though, we did see an awful lot of Zubats!!

This was the 4,398,262nd Zubat we fought in Mt. Moon.

There was talk of suspicious men hanging around inside the mountain... We certainly stumbled on a few of them. However, before we got to the really suspicious types, Nido evolved!

We met some guys who called themselves Team Rocket, and said they were hunting for fossils to make heaps of money.

They weren't too much of a challenge though. Nido wiped the floor with them, and Zippo cleaned up the mess that was left over!

We also met a massive nerd who'd claimed he'd found some fossils.. We only battled him so he would let us past, but he ended up crying, and giving away a fossil too! Who knows when I'll ever use this.

Eventually, we made it through Mt. Moon. Next stop, Cerulean City, where we will challenge the gym there to earn our next badge!

CURRENT PARTY

NIDO [NIDORINO] (Level 22)
Nature: Modest Ability: Poison Point
HP: 60 ATK: 35 DEF: 34 SP.ATK: 36 SP.DEF: 36 SPEED: 40
Moves
Poison Sting, Peck, Horn Attack, Double Kick

ZIPPO [CHARMELEON] (Level 21)
HP: 59 ATK: 33 DEF: 36 SP.ATK: 40 SP.DEF: 32 SPEED: 46
Moves

See you all soon!

Third Update:
Spoiler:

Zippo, Nido and I entered Cerulean City with one thing on our minds: The Cascadebadge. However, on our way there, we heard tales of an eccentric man living on the coast who loves rare Pokemon. We thought we'd stop off there before taking down the Gym Leader.

Guess who showed up just north of Cerulean? Yeah, that jerk Lance. He had four Pokemon with him, but none of them were a match for my all-star duo.

We continued north onto Nugget Bridge, where we faced a whole bunch of trainers in a row (whom we defeated, of course). At the other end of the bridge, we met this guy, who gave us our prize.

I wonder if he offers a job in Team Rocket to everyone who crosses that bridge. No wonder they were such easy beats at Mt. Moon, if all you need to do to join is beat a few youngsters and a bug catcher!

I know I'm destined for greatness, but someone should tell this guy flattery will get him nowhere.

We battled our way to the Cape, where we reached what we thought was Bill's house, but there was a Pokemon living there! Did Lance leave him like this?

Come to think of it... Bill never mentioned anything about Lance even being there. We helped him transform back into a human, and he gave us a ticket for the S.S. Anne as thanks! Seems like it's time for a cruise!

Of course, before that, we had one other piece of business to deal with. The Cerulean Gym. Nido held the place to ransom; not even Misty and her Starmie could stop us!

After a well earned rest at the Pokemon Centre, Nido, Zippo and I set off for our next destination; the cruise liner S.S. Anne!

CURRENT PARTY

NIDO [NIDORINO] (Level 27)
HP: 71 ATK: 42 DEF: 41 SP.ATK: 42 SP.DEF: 43 SPEED: 49
Moves

ZIPPO [CHARMELEON] (Level 24)
HP: 67 ATK: 37 DEF: 41 SP.ATK: 45 SP.DEF: 36 SPEED: 53
Moves

I can't wait to get out there for more adventures! I wonder if we can go through Saffron City...

Fourth Update:
Spoiler:

Leaving Cerulean City, I discovered Team Rocket was again up to no good; a grunt had robbed some poor people, and stole a TM from them. He was, however, hiding just outside the back door. Obviously the Police didn't look too hard! Maybe these people were running an insurance scam. After all, they didn't even want their TM back!

I had heard of trouble in Saffron City on my travels, and when I tried to get through the gatehouse on its northern side..

The guard wouldn't let me through. I had to take the Underground Path direct to Vermilion City instead.

Arriving in Vermilion, the townsfolk showered me with gifts. They must have heard how great a trainer I am... Or at least appreciated the way I look. I got a VS Seeker from a nice young woman in the Pokemon Centre, and the Chairman of the Pokemon Fan Club gave me a Bike Voucher. I'm not too keen on that one...

I was going to head straight for the gym, but there was this weird tree in the way...

I couldn't get through it, so I thought I'd kill some time waiting for the gardener on the S.S. Anne.

Somehow, Lance got an invite to the party as well! Inconsiderate jerk didn't even care about the poor Captain. Nido gave his Raticate a critical hit double kick to the face - hopefully that will teach him some respect.

After dealing with Lance, I went to the Captain's Quarters, and found he wasn't in the greatest shape of his life.

I couldn't bring myself to look in the bin... So I just gave him a back rub instead. My magical healing touch revitalised him, and he gave me an HM in return.

Apparently, I can use this to get rid of that annoying tree outside the Vermilion Gym!

Speaking of the Vermilion Gym... The most difficult thing about it was trying to find where Lt. Surge had hidden the secret switches to unlock his private room... Zippo easily took care of all the electricity the trainers threw at her.

With Surge defeated, I'm one step closer to my dream of becoming the Pokemon League Champion. I'm not quite sure where to go next.

CURRENT PARTY

NIDO [NIDORINO] (Level 30)
HP: 78 ATK: 46 DEF: 46 SP.ATK: 48 SP.DEF: 47 SPEED: 54
Moves

ZIPPO [CHARMELEON] (Level 30)
HP: 81 ATK: 46 DEF: 50 SP.ATK: 56 SP.DEF: 44 SPEED: 67
Moves
Cut, Growl, Ember, Metal Claw

Maybe I'll head to Lavender Town. I've heard it's possible to find Growlithe on the Route between there and Saffron City.

Fifth Update:
Spoiler:

Nido, Zippo and I set off for Rock Tunnel. How bad could it be?

Oh.
After stumbling around in the dark for a very long time, we finally made it to Lavender Town. We didn't stay long though; we were on a mission.

Mission Complete! Growlie the Growlithe joined our party shortly after leaving Lavender Town. Catching her reminded me that there is a gym in Celadon City, so I decided that after a quick spot of training, we would dash down the Underground Path and try to earn another badge.

Zippo was helping Growlie with her training, and guess what? She evolved into Charizard!

What a magnificent creature.

We cruised down the Underground Path, and arrived in Celadon City, only to find...

Yup. Team Rocket on the prowl. Do these losers ever quit? My gym challenge would have to wait.

I rescued a Dratini from the clutches of Team Rocket; we call her Drake. That's not all I found in the Celadon Game Corner, though!
This dork was standing around guarding a poster...

After I beat him, I discovered a secret switch back there, that uncovered a hidden staircase leading to...

TEAM ROCKET'S SECRET HIDEOUT.

Together, Drake and Nido dismantled the hideout, and demolished Giovanni.

I get the feeling I haven't seen the last of him. He dropped his Silph Scope when he disapparated.

With the town rescued from Team Rocket, I strolled down to the gym, which Growlie almost single-handedly burned to the ground. If it wasn't for a pesky critical hit from Erika's Vileplume, Zippo wouldn't have even had to get her claws dirty.

Poeople say you can see ghosts with the Silph Scope. They also reckon there are ghosts in Lavender Town. I think it's time to go and bust one of these myths.

CURRENT PARTY

ZIPPO [CHARIZARD] (Level 36)Nature: Docile Ability: Blaze
HP: 111 ATK: 70 DEF: 74 SP.ATK: 87 SP.DEF: 66 SPEED: 97
Moves
Cut, Flamethrower, Wing Attack, Metal Claw

NIDO [NIDORINO]
(Level 38)
HP: 98 ATK: 60 DEF: 60 SP.ATK: 59 SP.DEF: 58 SPEED: 71
Moves

GROWLIE [GROWLITHE] (Level 27)
Nature: Sassy Ability: Intimidate
HP: 73 ATK: 50 DEF: 36 SP.ATK: 51 SP.DEF: 44 SPEED: 45
Moves
Bite, Roar, Ember, Take Down

DRAKE [DRATINI] (Level 26)
Nature: Naive Ability: Shed Skin
HP: 64 ATK: 40 DEF: 31 SP.ATK: 38 SP.DEF: 27 SPEED: 40
Moves
Wrap, Dragon Rage, Thunder Wave, Twister

We are getting stronger every day. I haven't seen Lance in a while... I wonder how he's doing...

Sixth Update:
Spoiler:

Wow. So, a lot has happened since we last spoke! After beating Erika, and getting the Rainbowbadge, we decided to test out how well that Silph Scope worked, so we headed back over to Lavender Town. Saffron City was covered in Rockets! Don't those guys ever quit?

Anyway, we got to Lavender Town, and we headed straight for the Pokemon Tower. Apparently Team Rocket had kidnapped a poor old man!

Guess who we found on the second floor?

Yup! Lance. An old guy gets kidnapped, and he sits around waiting for us. Maybe he's scared of ghosts?

Speaking of ghosts, there was a whole bunch of weird things going down in the Pokemon Tower... Some crazy mist everywhere, possessed channelers, ghost Pokemon - which Growlie loved biting into - and, right near the top...

A ghost! Luckily I had that Silph Scope on me...

The ghost was, in fact, Cubone's mother, Marowak, who had been killed by Team Rocket. They really are terrible people. Thankfully,

They were still around, so I could dish out some serious punishment. They never stood a chance.

He thought I wasn't getting away with what I'd done. If they were waiting to ambush me, they would have been disappointed.

The old man that had been 'kidnapped' actually went to confront the Rockets willingly. He's more skilled at apparition than Giovanni though, and managed to teleport both of us to his house after the Rockets were defeated. As thanks for my trouble, he gave me this awesome Poke Flute!

I'd heard of a sleeping Pokemon that could only be awoken by the dulcet tones of a Poke Flute. I travelled south from Lavender Town to see if I could find it, while giving Drake a bit of training.

That Snorlax was no match for Nido; he double kicked it all the way back to the mountains. We continued south, battling against fisherman and crazy lovey-dovey couples, before we stumbled upon a small hut. The man inside gave me a Super Rod!
I had to test it out straight away. I cast out my line, and immediately reeled in a Horsea! I couldn't let this opportunity go to waste - I made it mine.

I was going to continue south to Fuschia City, but I knew the Rockets were up to something in Saffron. I had to go check it out. On the way there, I was plesantly surprised when Drake evolved!!

I got to Saffron to find that it had been all but shut down by the Rockets. Strangely, an old, run down gym was still open. I ventured inside, and discovered it was a Fighting Dojo. Never one to resist a challenge, I put Horsea and Zippo through their paces, and smashed all the Black Belts in there.

They were so in awe of me, they wanted to give me a Pokemon instead of a badge! I didn't even realise Gyms were able to operate like this. I guess it's not officially part of the Pokemon League... The actual Saffron Gym was off limits though, so I couldn't take my frustration out on Sabrina... Yet.

One of the Rocket Guards had fallen asleep at his post. Good to see Giovanni can pick his best men for the most important jobs! We snuck past him, and into what seemed to be the nerve centre of the whole operation: Silph Co.

This was a challenge. The Rockets were a lot stronger than when we just faced them in Lavender Town. Obviously Giovanni did bring some key troops to the big party. Surprisingly, almost half of the Silph Co. employees seemed to have defected to Team Rocket as well, making for a very interesting trip up the high-rise building. Horsea did make short work of some of the weaker opponents though, and soon enough:

She had evolved into Seadra!

I fought my way up the tower, defeating every Team Rocket member that stood in my way, and managed to get to the 10th Floor. I don't understand how anyone gets any work done in this place - there are teleport pads everywhere. It makes no sense! Whatever happened to a staircase and normal doors? Anyway. Who should I find secluded away on the 10th Floor, just 'waiting' around for me? Yeah. Lance.

He must have been pumping his Pokemon with Rare Candies or something, because his team was a heck of a lot stronger than last time we fought! I don't quite understand why he didn't just take on 'Boss Rocket' by himself. Was he scared, or is he testing me? Hmmm...

Either way, I found out the employees were much more grateful of my heroics; this nice man gave me a Pokemon!

I skipped up to the top floor, busted down the door to the President's Office, and found Giovanni, sweet talking the Silph Co. Secretary. He seemed surprised by my arrival; he obviously hadn't expected to be interrupted. I didn't have time to check that the Silph President was OK before Giovanni challenged me to a battle.

Of course, I had no trouble defeating him. He disapparated, taking the rest of the Rockets with him. I have to commend his abilities!

I glanced around the room, and saw the President cowering behind the lounge. He approached me, fear in his eyes, and gave me his ultimate creation - the Master Ball. Apparently it can catch any Pokemon without fail; though I'm not even sure I want any more Pokemon!

With Team Rocket vanquished (again), I decided it was time to take on the Saffron Gym. I'd heard they were some of the toughest, scariest trainers in all of Kanto; and that they used the Psychic type. With some difficulty, I fought my way through the gym, and eventually came up against the Leader, Sabrina. It took an incredibly brave sacrifice from Lappy to bring her down, but we earned the Marshbadge on our first attempt!

With Saffron saved, we can head on to Fuchsia City. I've heard there's another gym there!

CURRENT PARTY

SEADRA (Level 36)
Nature: Bold Ability: Poison Point
HP: 85 ATK: 54 DEF: 88 SP.ATK: 84 SP.DEF: 43 SPEED: 78
Moves
Bubble, Water Pulse, Twister, Water Gun

ZIPPO [CHARIZARD] (Level 40)
Nature:
Docile Ability: Blaze
HP: 123 ATK: 80 DEF: 82 SP.ATK: 97 SP.DEF: 74 SPEED: 108
Moves
Cut, Flamethrower, Wing Attack, Metal Claw

NIDO [NIDORINO]
(Level 41)
HP: 105 ATK: 65 DEF: 66 SP.ATK: 64 SP.DEF: 63 SPEED: 78
Moves

GROWLIE [GROWLITHE] (Level 36)
HP: 95 ATK: 66 DEF: 47 SP.ATK: 70 SP.DEF: 57 SPEED: 60
Moves
Bite, Flame Wheel, Ember, Take Down

DRAKE [DRAGONAIR] (Level 32)
HP: 89 ATK: 61 DEF: 51 SP.ATK: 59 SP.DEF: 45 SPEED: 64
Moves
Slam, Dragon Rage, Thunder Wave, Twister

LAPPY [LAPRAS] (Level 25)
Nature: Hardy Ability: Water Absorb
HP: 100 ATK: 47 DEF: 48 SP.ATK: 52 SP.DEF: 53 SPEED: 37
Moves
Mist, Body Slam, Confuse Ray, Perish Song

Well, I think I'm going to head down Silence Bridge now. I've always liked the name of that place! Lappy has some serious training to do!

Seventh Update:
Spoiler:

We cruised down Silent Bridge, with Lappy and Drake disposing of just about every challenger along the way; with a little help from Growlie and Seadra. We headed straight for the Safari Zone after we arrived in Fuchsia City; I'd heard they were giving away an awesome prize.

I was wrong. It was a fabulous prize - HM03 (Surf)! I also found a set of Gold Teeth lying in the dirt.

This old guy was really pleased to have them back. Apparently no one could understand him without his teeth! He gave me HM04 (Strength) as a reward.

From there, we headed straight into the gym, and taught Koga a lesson in battling. Lappy came through for us again - I can see Perish Song is going to be very helpful!

Having claimed the Soulbadge from Koga, we decided to head south, surfing out over the oceans towards Cinnabar Island.

While we were heading toward the beach, I tripped over a ledge, and dropped my bag and all my Pokeballs. Nido's Pokeball must have hit the Moon Stone in there, because he evolved into Nidoking!

Anyway, we surfed south, with Drake shocking all of the swimmers into submission. We found land, and I thought we had arrived on Cinnabar. Alas, it was just the Seafoam Islands.

After trudging around in the cold caves for some time, we managed to emerge out the other side, and continue on to Cinnabar. I headed straight for the gym, but...

There was no way in. I discovered that there was a key kept in the Pokemon Mansion next door. I've no idea why anyone would keep a key in an abandoned mansion full of burglars, but there you go.

Secret Key in hand, it was time to go and challenge that gym. Well, 'challenge' probably isn't the right word. Seadra and I tore that place apart.

In no time at all, we had earned our seventh badge.

I was just wondering where we should go next, when Bill stopped us outside the gym, and asked us to go on a date romantic cruise trip with him to a place called One Island.

Apparently he knew a guy over there. Maybe he's trying to set me up with someone? Ugh.

THIS GUY HAS HIS OWN LUXURY CRUISE LINER???

Man, this could get interesting yet.
Bill introduced me to his friend, but he seemed really caught up in his computer technology. Bill then asked me to deliver a chunk of rock to one of his other friends over on 'Two Island'. I guess I should help him out...

CURRENT PARTY

SEADRA (Level 50)
Nature: Bold Ability: Poison Point
HP: 119 ATK: 80 DEF: 127 SP.ATK: 117 SP.DEF: 60 SPEED: 118
Moves
Surf, Water Pulse, Twister, Water Gun

ZIPPO [CHARIZARD] (Level 41)
Nature:
HP: 126 ATK: 82 DEF: 84 SP.ATK: 100 SP.DEF: 76 SPEED: 110
Moves
Cut, Flamethrower, Wing Attack, Steel Wing

NIDO [NIDOKING]
(Level 44)
HP: 131 ATK: 86 DEF: 91 SP.ATK: 97 SP.DEF: 85 SPEED: 103
Moves
Megahorn, Peck, Horn Attack, Double Kick

GROWLIE [GROWLITHE] (Level 41)
HP: 108 ATK: 75 DEF: 55 SP.ATK: 82 SP.DEF: 66 SPEED: 70
Moves
Bite, Flame Wheel, Ember, Strength

DRAKE [DRAGONAIR] (Level 44)
HP: 120 ATK: 88 DEF: 71 SP.ATK: 83 SP.DEF: 63 SPEED: 93
Moves
Slam, Dragon Rage, Shock Wave, Twister

LAPPY [LAPRAS] (Level 40)
HP: 155 ATK: 76 DEF: 75 SP.ATK: 82 SP.DEF: 82 SPEED: 71
Moves
Mist, Body Slam, Ice Beam, Perish Song

I guess I don't have much choice but to help Bill and his friend...

Eighth Update:
Spoiler:

I set off to explore One Island before heading out for Two Island, and decided to do a tiny bit more training with Seadra.

Before I knew it, I was welcoming a brand new addition to my Pokedex!

Anyway, I trained a bit, and then headed off for Two Island. I found Bill's friend, but apparently his daughter, Lostelle, hadn't returned from Three Island. Being the good Samaritan that I am, I offered to go check it out.
Upon arriving at Three Island, I found the place had been taken over by a rogue bikie gang.
They wanted to start something with me, so Drake and I took care of them.

I beat him so hard, he wasn't even using proper English!

Apparently, some of the townspeople had seen Lostelle heading out toward the Berry Forest. Growlie took the lead, and I made my way out there.

Growlie looked really determined, and took on all comers. Before we'd even found Lostelle, Growlie evolved!

It turns out, Lostelle was being haunted by a wild Hypno. Those things are creepy...
However, she was fine, and we took her back to her dad on Two Island.

I think he was happier to get the Meteorite from Bill than he was to have his daughter back!

I returned to One Island and interrupted Bill and Celio's... Private time. I swear there's something going on there. He suggested that Celio may want to see me again, but I can smell a cover up.

I surfed north from Cinnabar, and went to visit my Mom, before heading out to Viridian City, to challenge my final gym. It has been closed down for ages, but apparently the Gym Leader has returned, even though no one knows who they are.
Lappy annihilated every trainer in the gym, and as we entered the final chamber, we discovered the Leader was none other than Giovanni, the head of Team Rocket. We challenged him for what would be, for one of us, the final battle.

His Pokemon couldn't stand the might of Lappy's Ice Beam, and he was easily defeated. He announced the disbandment of Team Rocket and disapparated for the final time, whereabouts unknown.

Next stop, Victory Road, and then, the Elite Four!

CURRENT PARTY

KINGDRA (Level 51)
Nature: Bold Ability: Swift Swim
HP: 141 ATK: 108 DEF: 129 SP.ATK: 119 SP.DEF: 112 SPEED: 120
Moves
Surf, Water Pulse, Twister, Hydro Pump

ZIPPO [CHARIZARD] (Level 44)
Nature:
HP: 134 ATK: 91 DEF: 89 SP.ATK: 107 SP.DEF: 82 SPEED: 118
Moves

NIDO [NIDOKING]
(Level 44)
HP: 131 ATK: 86 DEF: 91 SP.ATK: 97 SP.DEF: 85 SPEED: 103
Moves

GROWLIE [ARCANINE] (Level 49)
HP: 162 ATK: 128 DEF: 99 SP.ATK: 129 SP.DEF: 111 SPEED: 114
Moves
Bite, Flamethrower, Extremespeed, Strength

DRAKE [DRAGONAIR] (Level 51)
HP: 138 ATK: 104 DEF: 84 SP.ATK: 96 SP.DEF: 74 SPEED: 111
Moves
Slam, Dragon Rage, Shock Wave, Twister

LAPPY [LAPRAS] (Level 46)
HP: 178 ATK: 88 DEF: 89 SP.ATK: 94 SP.DEF: 93 SPEED: 83
Moves
Mist, Body Slam, Ice Beam, Perish Song

Ninth Update:
Spoiler:

I headed west from Viridian, out along Route 22. I was making my way toward the Pokemon League Gate, when who should confront me but Lance.

However, we had no problems taking care of him.
Our next 'challenge' was getting past the league guards.

Of course, I had everything they needed, so they let me straight through to Victory Road.

This place was full of tough Pokemon, and even tougher trainers. It made great training for Drake, and soon enough...

She evolved into Dragonite! My dream team was finally complete.

After some meandering, we made it out the other side, and to the entrance of Indigo Plateau.

However, it turned out it was all a waste of time. Lorelei was absent. She had disappeared from the Pokemon League, which meant they were not accepting challengers.

I was lost for words; I had no idea what to do. I knew Celio needed a hand with his computer system, so I thought I'd head back out to One Island to kill some time while I waited for Lorelei to return.

Apparently, there was an important gem on the island somewhere and, since Celio refused to go outside, it was up to me to find it for him. I headed out to the most distant part of the island, Mount Ember, and started looking around.

Lo and behold, some Team Rocket goons were poking around near a hole they had busted through the side of the volcano. I overheard them discussing some of their plans, but they caught me, and forced me to battle them. Needless to say, their Pokemon were no match for mine; I soundly defeated them.

Unfortunately (for him), I couldn't comply with his request.
I traveled to the deepest cavern in Mount Ember, to a room with strange rock carvings all over the walls, and retrieved the Ruby for Celio. It was either exactly what he needed, or he was incredibly pleased to see me return.

Celio is simply correct.

He gifted me with his Ferry Pass, and said that he needed one more gemstone to complete his machine. Apparently it was on one of the other islands.
I headed out to Four Island, and met up with Lance again. Someone had entrusted him with a Pokemon Egg! He was bragging about it to me, before he took off.

Wandering around this island, I found out it was Lorelei's home. The villagers were all happy to have her back. Unfortunately, Team Rocket were again causing mischief on the island; I walked in on a confrontation between them and Lorelei in Icefall Cave.

The Rockets dashed off back to their hideout, which I chased them down to. After a bit of running around, discovering the Sapphire (and getting it stolen from me in the process), I uncovered the two Rocket passwords, and broke into their hideout, where they were keeping all the Pokemon they had kidnapped.

This place was even more of a maze than their hideout under the Game Corner in Celadon! How any Rockets ever get any work done is anyone's guess - no wonder their grand schemes always come crashing down!
I managed to battle my way through the grunts, until I came up against the big boss - the Admin of the Sevii Branch of Team Rocket. He was a little bit stronger than Giovanni, but he was still no match for my amazing Pokemon team.

He lived to fight another day though, vowing to bring Giovanni back.

Personally, I think he needs to find a shrink!

With Team Rocket defeated, I returned to Four Island and told Lorelei the good news. She vowed to return to the Pokemon League, so I could finally challenge to become the Champion.

I left for the Indigo Plateau immediately.

The Elite Four are... Tough. Actually, tough is an understatement. They are Elite. Lorelei's first Pokemon is a Level 64 Dewgong. Level 64! I've got some training to do.

CURRENT PARTY

KINGDRA (Level 53)
Nature: Bold Ability: Swift Swim
HP: 146 ATK: 113 DEF: 135 SP.ATK: 124 SP.DEF: 116 SPEED: 126
Moves
Surf, Water Pulse, Twister, Hydro Pump

ZIPPO [CHARIZARD] (Level 51)
Nature:
HP: 154 ATK: 109 DEF: 104 SP.ATK: 124 SP.DEF: 95 SPEED: 139
Moves

NIDO [NIDOKING]
(Level 48)
HP: 143 ATK: 95 DEF: 99 SP.ATK: 107 SP.DEF: 92 SPEED: 114
Moves

GROWLIE [ARCANINE] (Level 50)
HP: 165 ATK: 131 DEF: 101 SP.ATK: 133 SP.DEF: 113 SPEED: 117
Moves
Bite, Flamethrower, Extremespeed, Strength

DRAKE [DRAGONITE] (Level 56)
HP: 185 ATK: 174 DEF: 127 SP.ATK: 140 SP.DEF: 112 SPEED: 137
Moves
Fly, Dragon Claw, Shock Wave, Twister

LAPPY [LAPRAS] (Level 49)
HP: 189 ATK: 95 DEF: 97 SP.ATK: 100 SP.DEF: 100 SPEED: 89
Moves
Waterfall, Body Slam, Ice Beam, Perish Song
CURRENT: GSC Gym Leader Challenge - Clair
----------
Watch this space!!

Last edited by MattyJ; January 11th, 2013 at 12:51 AM. Reason: Ninth Update!
Old January 7th, 2013, 05:32 PM
jujuju
The Guelah Papyrus

Just a small update to start out the challenge.

I began my challenge by taking a Cyndaquil simply because it was the first Pokemon on the shelf and used it to defeat my rival in our first meeting. However, right after that, I came across a level 3 Scizor! How convenient.

I caught the Scizor and picked up a Rattata and a Bellsprout while making my way to see Falkner.

His birds were no match for Scizor and Rattata and they went down easily. I then continued on my way and added a new Wooper to my team and that's where I am as of now!

Here's the current team:
Rattata Lv. 15
Scizor Lv. 16
Wooper Lv. 15
Bellsprout Lv. 15
Old January 10th, 2013, 03:42 PM
Rafael p
Kangaskhan

Beat the game :D Team was Heracross, Quagsire, Beedrill, Pinsir and Scizor

Sponsored Links

Advertise here