Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Official Forums > Community Announcements
Reload this Page 'Who's that Pokémon?' - Come join the fun!

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Community Announcements Sometimes interesting things happen... it'd be a shame for you to miss them. Check here for new events and changes big and small around the community.

Old May 2nd, 2015 (07:44 PM).
Momentai :D

Nature: Quirky
Do you like Pokémon?
Do you enjoy guessing things?
Do you love looking at 30x30 magnified pictures of randomly generated Pokémon for no real gain or purpose?

If you answered "yes" to any or all of the above questions then make sure you head over to Pokémon Trivia and check out our weekly "Who's that Pokémon?" competition! Each week a random Pokémon will be chosen to have a 30x30 px section taken from it and magnified 8x, forming a clue with which to guess the Pokémon from! More details are in the thread so come on over for some fun and maybe win some emblems whilst you make new friends!

I'll post in this thread each time a new (weekly) edition comes out, but feel free to chat about the contest and ask any questions/feedback in here if you wish to!

Old May 10th, 2015 (08:24 AM).

Hi guys, week's 4 answers were posted and our mystery Pokémon was...

Empoleon!

Several people now have 4 wins in a row, so let's see if they can make it to 5... This week's contest is up so head on over to Pokémon Trivia to take a guess and maybe earn yourself an emblem!

Old May 16th, 2015 (07:37 PM).

Hi guys, week's 5 answers were posted and our mystery Pokémon was...

Hariyama!

We had a lot of winners this week and we also had a lot of Trapinch fans with a final count of 7 Trapinch guesses! This week's contest is up so head on over to Pokémon Trivia to take a guess and maybe earn yourself an emblem!

Old May 24th, 2015 (06:13 PM).

Hi guys, week's 6 answers were posted and our mystery Pokémon was...

Tyrunt!

Only around half of this week's guesses were correct but we still have several people with a 100% guess rate so far, so keep it up! This week's contest is up so head on over to Pokémon Trivia to take a guess and maybe earn yourself an emblem!

Old 1 Week Ago (11:13 AM).
Embracing the Memories
Crystal TierEO

Nature: Lonely
Hi, everyone! From now on, I'm the new host of "Who's That Pokémon," and I hope I can make it a super-fun experience for you guys just like Squirrel did! :D

I noticed that Weeks 8, 9, and 10 saw a slight decline in activity (presumably due to their difficulty), so I tried making Week 11's puzzle as reasonable as possible to renew the interest! As time goes by, I'll gradually adjust the difficulty based on the feedback I receive, so hopefully my future puzzles will be just right for as many participants as possible!

If you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions, feel free to contact me or discuss them in this thread or the contest thread (linked below)!

Until then, see ya later guys, and good luck with Week 11's puzzle! (:

- Revise

"Clustering bonds will illuminate a new miracle...
Become the path that lights the way!"

Club Yu-Gi-Oh! | #TeamTrivia
Old 4 Days Ago (12:02 PM).
Embracing the Memories
Crystal TierEO

Nature: Lonely
Hi again, everyone! It's time for another news update regarding our weekly "Who's That Pokémon" contest! To start things off, the answer to last week's contest was...

Grotle!

It was really cool to see so many answers coming in last week, and a lot of them were correct, too! I may have already said this in the contest thread, but I was actually a tiny bit nervous at the beginning since it was my first time hosting, but I ended up having lots of fun replying to everyone's PMs and all that good stuff! Again, I really want to thank everyone who participated for making me feel so comfortable, and I hope you had a super enjoyable experience just like I did! ♥

Now let me talk about the difficulty of our future contests. It was generally accepted by many that Week 11's puzzle was an easy one, and there are a couple of people who have requested for the puzzles to be harder in the future. To address this request, I will try my best to gradually step up the difficulty starting with Week 13. However, I won't make it too difficult like Weeks 8, 9, and 10, because I don't want the activity to drop again like it did during those weeks. The goal is to make it as reasonable as possible — not too strikingly obvious, but not too insanely difficult (to the point where you have to constantly stare at the Dream World art for hours and hours) either.

I would love to hear feedback from you guys! If you aren't satisfied with the difficulty of a puzzle, let me know, and I'll be glad to hear you out! I'm aware that not everyone is comfortable speaking out, so I might add a poll to Week 13's puzzle and see how it turns out!

Anyway, that should conclude today's news update! See y'all later, everyone! Until then, good luck with Week 12's puzzle! (Linked below!)

Have fun! ♥

- Revise

(P.S. I tried making Week 12 around the same difficulty as Week 11, just to get a good idea of the contest's general activity level, so the adjustments should be starting next week!)

"Clustering bonds will illuminate a new miracle...
Become the path that lights the way!"

Club Yu-Gi-Oh! | #TeamTrivia
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links