The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Culture & Media

Notices

Culture & Media This is where all of pop culture culminates and chats over a cup of joe. Here you can find discussions relating to the latest and greatest television shows, movies, music and literature, and much more!

Advertise here

Old December 14th, 2012, 08:37 AM
LilJz
Zoeeyyyyy! ♥
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet

Advertise here
Yea, It's pretty well done tho

I like how his eyes are also red like if he's just about to use his heat vision
Old December 14th, 2012, 09:27 AM
Triston1zn
GYM LEADER

Nature: Calm
hey lils maybe you can help me out with this question.....im sure you've seen the intro video for the Dc universe online game? and also earth one superman from the comics......I know his eyes glow red when he is about to use heat vision but in those comics and in that video his eyes seem to be constantly glowing red....why is that?
Old December 14th, 2012, 12:01 PM
LilJz
Zoeeyyyyy! ♥
Community Supporter

That's because he's totally pissed off by what's happened. If you saw the little clues in the cinematic, the fight took place in Metropolis where no one has survived, meaning Lois Lane died also. And during the cinematic Diana (Wonder Woman) died also. So that being said, Metropolis gone, Lois Lane and Diana, dead. Superman has lost everything and is in a furious state of rage where he goes to extreme length to even kill the villains such as Black Adam and saying to Lex Luthor that he doesn't deserve to live.

So his eyes goes red when he's extremely pissed.
Old December 14th, 2012, 11:55 PM
Triston1zn
GYM LEADER

Wow ok thanks!...I never looked at it that way!...you're the only person whose ever been able to answer that question thanks man!

I noticed he wasn't acting like himself...I didn't realize that he could just lose it.....wicked!!
Old December 15th, 2012, 07:00 AM
LilJz
Zoeeyyyyy! ♥
Community Supporter

Yep, Superman is a rather calm and very nice person. But when he's mad, he turns into this completely different kind of monster D:
Old December 15th, 2012, 08:32 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
I don't really read any Superman, he's never really hooked me. I totally respect him as a character, though.

As for the movie, I wasn't at all that interested, until I saw the new trailer. I honestly think it looks 100% fantastic!

Old December 15th, 2012, 08:44 AM
LilJz
Zoeeyyyyy! ♥
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mew~ View Post
I don't really read any Superman, he's never really hooked me. I totally respect him as a character, though.

As for the movie, I wasn't at all that interested, until I saw the new trailer. I honestly think it looks 100% fantastic!
Yay! I honestly hope this movie will bring new Superman fans just like how the first featured film with Christopher Reeves did
Old December 15th, 2012, 10:40 AM
Jeff Gordon

Nature: Naughty
Superman's my favorite superhero, as much as I love the Dark Knight trilogy, this will definitely force me to go to the midnight showing! I cannot wait! Kevin Costner, big fan of his, but not as much as I am toward Johnathan Schneider (Since he played Mr Kent in Smallville).

Going to be a little strange after watching Smallville after all these years with different faces, but I am ready for something new! Hope its as great as the Batman ones, for sure. Because the older Superman & Superman Return never really appealed to me at all.
Old December 16th, 2012, 12:50 PM
Yuoaman
Legen- wait for it...
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
I'm cautiously optimistic about this film, though Jonathan Kent's line about how Clark should have let the children die rankles me, just no. Honestly, I think Superman is one of the most human and relatable of all superheroes, despite his powers he is, at heart, just a man trying to help people, and I think most people who consider him to be boring are those who are more familiar with the "Super Friends" version of Superman rather than the character as he has been since the 80s.

Suit Up!
Awesome REGULAR MEMBER THAT OCCASIONALLY FREQUENTS FORUMS.

"pps new screenie" - No, really shut up yuoaman.

Haaave you read my LP?
Pokémon Quartz - The only one really worth reading.

What about my [Un]Abridged series?
Aquaman the Unabridged Parody Series - Language warning.

The Playbook: My Anime List | Raptr | BackLoggery | Twitter

83% of this signature is empty space.

-dary!
Old December 16th, 2012, 02:54 PM
Dakota
ignore the whisper

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Dakota
In all honesty, I've never seen a Superman movie. So yes, I am pumped for this movie, maybe it'll be the catalyst for me to watch it. I always like superhero movies =D
Old December 17th, 2012, 03:59 PM
Jeff Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuoaman View Post
I'm cautiously optimistic about this film, though Jonathan Kent's line about how Clark should have let the children die rankles me, just no. Honestly, I think Superman is one of the most human and relatable of all superheroes, despite his powers he is, at heart, just a man trying to help people, and I think most people who consider him to be boring are those who are more familiar with the "Super Friends" version of Superman rather than the character as he has been since the 80s.
You sir, deserve props for this. I agree with the Costner's version of Kent here. That line caught my ears at first as well, which is why I'm a little worried that Costner's might mess this up as the role of being Clark's adoptive father. I don't think he'll match up to par with Johnathan Schneider's Kent though.
Old December 21st, 2012, 10:37 AM
Triston1zn
GYM LEADER

To be honest I loved the way Schneider played Pa Kent on smallville, but when I heard Costner suggest that MAYBE CLark should have let that boy die.....I was hooked....let me explain why..

Since his inception, superman was pushed as having a superhuman body, but a human heart.....basically he is a common man with uncommon physical abilities....

The thing is, MOST comics and movies got it wrong by pushing superman as someone who was just as indestructible emotionally as he was physically and THAT was why he became boring to so many people.....Every hero needs something in their lives that challenges them and gives them a run for their money....in MOST cases, it's some supervillain that keeps a hero honest...but when you have an overpowered hero, you are going to have to play up his emotional side as his weakness......We humans can be loving and helpful creatures, but we can also be resentful, spiteful and angry creatures who act on impulse and regret it later on.....

Superman wasn't raised by JEsus, he was raised by a pair of humans...meaning he is farrr from perfect...yet time after time we see him making the right choice and always being in control....SCREW THAT ****!!...What stops him from getting angry and on impulse shoving a guy through a concrete wall?...what stops him from resenting the world that rejects him and destroying the military vehicles that are shooting at him?....

He will ,of course, learn to cope with these emotions and make the right choice in the end...just LIKE US...and thus superman will have a huge following of fans WHO CAN FINALLY relate to him....
Old January 3rd, 2013, 10:35 PM
Doppelgänger
Community Supporter

I'm not really into superhero films, but I will check this out because Christopher Nolan is a part of it, and he did a fantastic job with the Batman trilogy. Besides that, the trailer actually sparked my interest. I think this is going to be a good one.

"A living, breathing, double of oneself usually tormenting the person they look like..."
Old January 27th, 2013, 10:58 AM
Livewire
でんきタイプ

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Livewire
So evidently from what I've been reading on IMDB, the Man of Steel will evidently play into the Justice League movie in 2015 - Henry Cavill's Superman will be the Superman in that movie. So this movie is essentially DC's set up film to launch the armada of DC hero movies in the next five years or so.

Last edited by Livewire; January 28th, 2013 at 08:33 AM. Reason: Damn typos
Old January 27th, 2013, 11:15 AM
Gomorrah
it's the end of all things

Send a message via Skype™ to Gomorrah
First The Avengers and all of its necessary prequels, and now a Justice League movie... maybe this will be the pinnacle, the climax, the end of superhero movies? I think nearly all of the bases have been/will soon be covered.
[4:32:35 AM] Shinx: my nipples are permanently erect
AMAZING DIVE CONFIRMED / AMAZING BATTLE ARENA ASSUMED
THE SPACE CENTER HAS RETURNED / EVERYTHING IS RIGHT IN THE WORLD

Last edited by Gomorrah; January 27th, 2013 at 11:23 AM.
Old January 27th, 2013, 11:21 AM
LilJz
Zoeeyyyyy! ♥
Community Supporter

League Of Legends? I think you mean Justice League x)

And I don't think it will be the end, DC and marvel still got TONS of superhero groups and heroes and villains that still have yet to make a featured film.

Also Avengers and Justice League's roster of heroes got a big roster which changes over the years.
Old January 27th, 2013, 11:24 AM
Gomorrah
it's the end of all things

Send a message via Skype™ to Gomorrah
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilJz1234 View Post
And I don't think it will be the end, DC and marvel still got TONS of superhero groups and heroes and villains that still have yet to make a featured film.

Also Avengers and Justice League's roster of heroes got a big roster which changes over the years.
True, but I don't see every group/member getting a movie in the future, or, at least, not the near future.
[4:32:35 AM] Shinx: my nipples are permanently erect
AMAZING DIVE CONFIRMED / AMAZING BATTLE ARENA ASSUMED
THE SPACE CENTER HAS RETURNED / EVERYTHING IS RIGHT IN THE WORLD
Old January 27th, 2013, 11:27 AM
LilJz
Zoeeyyyyy! ♥
Community Supporter

Yea since the roster is pretty big. So if they're not going to include the least popular heroes, they'll just do the more popular ones. But maybe what Marvel is trying to do is like a big series out of movies?
Old January 27th, 2013, 06:55 PM
Yuoaman
Legen- wait for it...
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antemortem View Post
First The Avengers and all of its necessary prequels, and now a Justice League movie... maybe this will be the pinnacle, the climax, the end of superhero movies? I think nearly all of the bases have been/will soon be covered.
I doubt it, there are so many great heroes and groups that they've yet to cover in a film ever - such as Aquaman and the Teen Titans. There's so much great stuff they could do.

Suit Up!
Awesome REGULAR MEMBER THAT OCCASIONALLY FREQUENTS FORUMS.

"pps new screenie" - No, really shut up yuoaman.

Haaave you read my LP?
Pokémon Quartz - The only one really worth reading.

What about my [Un]Abridged series?
Aquaman the Unabridged Parody Series - Language warning.

The Playbook: My Anime List | Raptr | BackLoggery | Twitter

83% of this signature is empty space.

-dary!
Old January 28th, 2013, 03:53 AM
DavidtheDeadPhilosopher

Nature: Modest
I've never really been much for the Superman Mythos in any generation. However Zack Snyder is my favourite director for his sort of movies (comic,hyperaction),I felt he did a excellent adaptation of Watchman, one of my favourite Comic Books..period.

I trust that he can bring Superman to the screen in stellar form. The trailers actually look interesting, the first for a Supes film for me.
Old February 1st, 2013, 11:38 AM
Livewire
でんきタイプ

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Livewire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antemortem View Post
True, but I don't see every group/member getting a movie in the future, or, at least, not the near future.
I agree. There's dozens upon dozens of other heros who aren't popular enough (Or they're just plain stupid) and probably won't get a movie.

Just ask aquaman

Also, MoS got it's MPAA rating, PG-13. Gee I'm so shocked!

Sponsored Links

Advertise here