The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games

Notices

Video Games For non-Pokémon related game discussion. This area is for talking about computer and video gaming, from Nintendo to Sony, Microsoft to Sega, PC to Commodore.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 8th, 2014, 05:06 AM
T!M
Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner

Nature: Serious
How devoted are you about collecting the bonus things in games? Characters, Music, Conceptual Art, Comic Covers, Cutscenes, etc.?

Do you wait until after the main events of the game or do you get what you can during the story?
Old January 8th, 2014, 05:11 AM
Nova
If I die, I die~

Nature: Quirky
I dont really push towards them, but its fun to get them.

Like in StarCraft II, you have to level up to get skins and decals, but you can only level up by playing the multiplayer mode. I have reached max level simply because i played tons of skirmishes xD
Old January 8th, 2014, 09:03 PM
«Chuckles»
KANEDA!

Nature: Brave
I love unlocking concept art even though I can just google it. I normally try and unlock all the goodies on a second playthrough or if I can redo missions then on the first.

PairMy Let's PlayTumblrAnime ListFriend Code
Old January 15th, 2014, 01:35 PM
Dragon

Oh, I love to collect everything during the game. Well, at least after I beat the main plot of a game, otherwise then I'd try to get at least a 100% in the game. The tales series is great examples of this, like when I've played Tales of Vesperia, or Tales of Abyss, it's always great to collect everything on those games!
Old January 15th, 2014, 01:48 PM
Magic
vulpesvulpesvulpesvulpes

I try to collect things as I go, within reason. Some games take collectibles to a whole new level to a point where it's incredibly tedious (Assassin's Creed flags? Ergh).

I like exploring levels/areas in games to work out all it's secrets and get any extra weapons or treasures or collectibles though. :3
Old January 15th, 2014, 03:22 PM
Peitharchia
// and finite incantatem

Nature: Careful
Send a message via AIM to Peitharchia
I tend not to collect anything in most games, as I find it to be a waste of time. Let's say that you've got yourself everything that there is in the game--what then? d: I play games for their stories only, to be honest. Once I'm done, I would just trade them into a store for other games.

Old January 16th, 2014, 07:19 AM
Homura Akemi
time is f o r e v e r~

Nature: Quiet
I like collectibles. Something to go after when done with the main game. Or something used for better stuff. Gold Bolts in Ratchet and Clank...love my gold weapons.

Or the incredibly hilarious. Pigeons in GTA IV (or flying rats in game...made me giggle)...having to kill them. It's fun fun fun~

"2014 sometimes leads to even better April Fools' jokes."
VM | PM | Gensokyo | Previously | Theme | Fan Club | | | | | |
Old January 16th, 2014, 08:14 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori

Nature: Calm
To be honest, only if there are trophies for that =)
Sometimes I complete it even without realizing I completed it... that's the best, though =D
Old January 16th, 2014, 08:34 AM
T!M
Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner

Nature: Serious
I agree, Ash, when I got a new game for my XBOX I never checked the achievements until after I beat it. Its much more fun to be surprised by an achievement during gameplay.
Old January 17th, 2014, 10:52 AM
Sheep

Nature: Timid
I try my best to get them as I play through the story but if there is something I missed, I go back to get it later or I'd get frustrated. Total perfectionist right here.

pair | family | irl pair | lovelies
club 1 club 2 club 3 club 4
Old February 3rd, 2014, 10:16 PM
acatfrommars
I am a cat

Nature: Relaxed
Depends on the game. If it's a game like Batman: Arkham Asylum then I want to collect everything I can. If it's a game like Spyro or Crash Bandicoot then I could care less. It really depends how immersed I am into the game.

Never take a man's nuggets, never.
Old February 5th, 2014, 08:07 PM
Vanille Sky

Nature: Gentle
In-game collectibles only add to my completionist mentality to-do list ;___; I try to attain everything possible within one playthrough, but if not and it's able to be done in 2, then I'd play again. Otherwise, I don't like replaying games more than twice just for the sake of collectibles. Although I do like have limited/collector's editions of games :D

— レイン · wonderland · love · appreciation
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links