The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games

Notices

Video Games For non-Pokémon related game discussion. This area is for talking about computer and video gaming, from Nintendo to Sony, Microsoft to Sega, PC to Commodore.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 3rd, 2013, 09:46 AM
LoudSilence
more like uncommon sense

Advertise here
Pretty neat deal going on for select games at Best Buy (Including Fire Emblem: Awakening, New Super Luigi U, and others) -- 15$ each.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/cy...t-games-115173
Old December 12th, 2013, 11:36 AM
wolf

Fallout, Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics are downloadable free for two days on GOG. These unofficial patches may be useful as well.
Old December 16th, 2013, 01:26 AM
Mr. Avocado
Insanity
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
I'm kicking myself because I'm late; GAME have a PC Downloads Advent Calendar, they get a good game everyday (most of the time with DLC) and make it 75% off. I'd check it out if I were you.
Old December 19th, 2013, 11:49 AM
machomuu
Fueled by Pepsi
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed

December 1st - January 3rd
The Steam Holiday Sale is Officially on!

Now before you go off to buy all those games you never got to, here are some things that you should consider:
  • Don't jump to buy a game that is part of the sale simply because it's on Sale. The Flash Sale and the Community's Choice may yield a better discount than a standard Steam Sale discount. Patience can be your greatest tool when looking for the best deal. Watch for Daily Deals, of course, but Flash Deals and Community's Choice should take precedence, as they often yield the best discounts the sale has to offer.

• While the Steam Sale is nice, it may also be smart to look to other sites for better deals. GreenmanGaming, Gamer's Gate, Nuuvem, and Getgames Go are just a few examples that always have incredible deals, so don't limit yourself. Having said that, keep the previous tip in mind.

• Keep a careful watch of the Flash Sale and the Community Choice. The Flash Sales last 8 hours and show deals for four games. The Community's Choice lasts the same amount of time and is dictated by 3 sales that are put up for a vote. The game that gets the most votes will have a sale for a set amount of time, until the next Community Choice sale. Then, of course, there's the Daily Sale, which lasts for 24 hours.

• Put games on your wishlist. If there's a game you really want and you don't want to have to keep looking at the Steam Sale for a better deal, put the game on your wishlist so that you will get e-mails about deals for games on your wishlist.
Old December 19th, 2013, 12:23 PM
Mr. X
Oops
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
To the above, http://isthereanydeal.com is a good site to use for comparing prices.

Come play Runescape
Old December 25th, 2013, 02:22 PM
machomuu
Fueled by Pepsi
Community Supporter

Left 4 Dead 2 is free on Steam today, you better grab it while you can!

Also, Merry Christmas!
Old December 28th, 2013, 09:16 AM
Nuke

Community Supporter

I've only just noticed this one so I thought I'd post it in case other people hadn't seen it. (It might be UK only so I apologise if it is region specific)

Anyway basically register a 3DS/3DS XL on club nintendo along with a game (there's 15 eligible ones, Pokemon X/Y count so assuming you have one of those you'll be good to go) and you get a free download code for Super Mario 3D Land.

I hadn't registered my console or game up to that point so it was a nice thing to see randomly on Amazon.

X + Y - 4914-3466-1264
Old January 6th, 2014, 09:21 PM
DowntownDumpling

Wow, can I get email alerts for this thread? :D
Old January 7th, 2014, 05:30 AM
Dragon
the ultimate gambler

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by emberjed View Post
Wow, can I get email alerts for this thread? :D
You can do that my subscribing to this thread and select subscription by email. ^^

Old February 5th, 2014, 07:45 PM
Mr. X
Oops
Community Supporter

Humblebundle has a new main bundle up right now, a Sid Meier bundle including Civ III/IV, Ace Patrol, Ace Patrol: Pacific Skies, and Railroad for minimum, Civ V, Civ V Gods and Kings DLC for BTA, and Brave New World DLC for $15.

Come play Runescape
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here