The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge

Notices

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 13th, 2012, 01:58 PM
Lilizuki
The Wise Lesbian

I don't really get the fascination with PvP in freeform. :/ It's impossible to regulate.

@Leaf Storm: I was thinking. In theme with the Metroid games, would it be possible for me to "fluff" the items as modular parts for the power suit? So, the Cracker Launcher would be an upgrade that Mimi could add to her arm cannon (But it would still be finite, obviously).
Old December 13th, 2012, 02:04 PM
Megaman765
Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
Hehehe that's gonna be fun :p I'm expecting everyone to go nuts at the first supposed death XD especially when that death is from flying a thousand miles an hour straight out into the ocean :p I volunteer to be the first to get his ass kicked X3

EDIT: And then a buncha people post before me XD Well its the popular vote I suppose :p

Trainer Academy RP Pokemon
Snype (Sableye)- Lv. 52- Detect, Shadow Sneak, Will-o-wisp, Low Sweep, Foul Play, Taunt (Ability: Keen Eye)
Commodore (Porygon-Z)- Lv. 55 -Signal beam, Conversion 2, Recover, Tri Attack, Ice Beam, Trick Room (Ability: Trace)
Len (Poliwraith)- Lv. 53- Bubblebeam, Brick Break, Dig, Belly Drum, Sleep Talk, Rest (Ability: Water Absorb)
Able (Ninjask)- Lv. 45 - Fury Cutter, Slash, Double Team, Protect, Baton Pass, Swords Dance (Ability: Speed Boost)
Kara (Gligar) Lv. 29 Acrobatics, Substitute, Fury Cutter, Knock Off, Slash,Toxic (Ability: Poison Heal)
Xerox (Ditto) Lv. 32 Transform (Ability: Imposter)

(In Box)
Shedinja- Lv. 35 Fury Swipes, Confuse Ray, Sand attack, Leech Life, Mind Reader, Scratch (Ability: Wonder Guard)
Old December 13th, 2012, 03:06 PM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

Nature: Hardy
I disagree with the Brawl-based combat system because that's a slippery slope straight into competitive video games and I'm at least partially confident I would suddenly become the most powerful character in the RP.

Also, it occurred to me that I should've given Lilly Perry.

@Lili: I don't know about you, but fighting is all about character development and drama for me. Also comedy. It's not actually competitive. (Competitive writing is legitimately boring, if you ask me anyway.
Old December 13th, 2012, 03:14 PM
Sir Bastian
Lean Mean Roleplaying Machine
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
I concur with Yellow. I do agree that the more you're damaged the farther you fly when you get knocked, but I don't think we should be going for over-the-top 'flying off the island' scenarios here xD

If a character is damaged enough and gets hit hard enough, you can have him crash through a tree or two if you want, since that'd be pretty cool and would definitely show how damaged he'd be at that point. So I hold firmly onto the idea of Brawl combat, with a tinge of realism involved, at least for the damaging system. Keep in mind, they -are- just regular people, but with 'super powers'.
When he eats a soup made out of a poisonous mushroom? No!
A man dies when he is forgotten.

~Hiluluk
Old December 13th, 2012, 03:17 PM
Megaman765
Community Supporter

Yeah I guess I'd have to agree with the others here :p I dunno XP Seems like an overly complex system we're trying to make now that I think about it :p We could just stay at "If you get beat up, you get beat up" and leave it at that :p

Snype (Sableye)- Lv. 52- Detect, Shadow Sneak, Will-o-wisp, Low Sweep, Foul Play, Taunt (Ability: Keen Eye)
Commodore (Porygon-Z)- Lv. 55 -Signal beam, Conversion 2, Recover, Tri Attack, Ice Beam, Trick Room (Ability: Trace)
Len (Poliwraith)- Lv. 53- Bubblebeam, Brick Break, Dig, Belly Drum, Sleep Talk, Rest (Ability: Water Absorb)
Able (Ninjask)- Lv. 45 - Fury Cutter, Slash, Double Team, Protect, Baton Pass, Swords Dance (Ability: Speed Boost)
Kara (Gligar) Lv. 29 Acrobatics, Substitute, Fury Cutter, Knock Off, Slash,Toxic (Ability: Poison Heal)

(In Box)
Shedinja- Lv. 35 Fury Swipes, Confuse Ray, Sand attack, Leech Life, Mind Reader, Scratch (Ability: Wonder Guard)
Old December 13th, 2012, 03:20 PM
ShinyDiamond
«Dual Wield» User
Community Supporter

Nature: Bashful
OMG. This % thing is KILLING ME! I don't get it! Who gets this much % gets knocked out, 350% with bosses? I don't get it! *curls up in corner* My day is horrible... Somebody please explain this better to me...

While I'm alive, I won't let any party members die.

Paired for life with Rose Quartz
~Dia+PS~
Old December 13th, 2012, 03:21 PM
Lilizuki
The Wise Lesbian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PkMnTrainer Yellow View Post
@Lili: I don't know about you, but fighting is all about character development and drama for me. Also comedy. It's not actually competitive. (Competitive writing is legitimately boring, if you ask me anyway.
A dude attacking everyone does not drama make.
Old December 13th, 2012, 03:21 PM
The Prince of Sweet Sorrow
The Sorrow is Sweet, as is the Fruit!
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to The Prince of Sweet Sorrow
Pity LS is probably out getting her sweet christmas presents, while we're here futhering an argument without her opinion, which actually matters most, since she is the GM. I say we just wait for her to come back, and until then, avoid getting our characters smashed through any trees!

@ShinyDiamond if you've ever played SSBB, you'll surely be aware of the damage system. Basically, how quickly you lose 'a life' is based on this meter, which fills up as you take damage. Bigger as it gets, you get blown in the air more easily if you receive strong hits. If you get thrown out of the targeted area, you lose. For example, if somebody has 300% health, you can blow them into space with a finishing move OR WITH A CRATE OF BOMB-OMBS, JUST LIKE I DO EVERY TIME

We are now arguing over whether this mechanic could be successfully implemented into the RP, and what boundaries would be used if we did - players couldn't just be blown off the island.

Last edited by The Prince of Sweet Sorrow; December 13th, 2012 at 03:30 PM. Reason: to hell with reason, I do what I want
Old December 13th, 2012, 03:24 PM
Megaman765
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilizuki View Post
A dude attacking everyone does not drama make.
I don't think anyone would go off and attack everyone on the island :p But I doubt every character is going to exactly get along, hence where fights might come in. Or perhaps just practicing between days when they aren't being hunted down. Its bound to happen :p

(In Box)
Old December 13th, 2012, 03:37 PM
ShinyDiamond
«Dual Wield» User
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Maverick View Post
@ShinyDiamond if you've ever played SSBB, you'll surely be aware of the damage system. Basically, how quickly you lose 'a life' is based on this meter, which fills up as you take damage. Bigger as it gets, you get blown in the air more easily if you receive strong hits. If you get thrown out of the targeted area, you lose. For example, if somebody has 300% health, you can blow them into space with a finishing move OR WITH A CRATE OF BOMB-OMBS, JUST LIKE I DO EVERY TIME

We are now arguing over whether this mechanic could be successfully implemented into the RP, and what boundaries would be used if we did - players couldn't just be blown off the island.
& how does % work in this RP, specifically with bosses?

~Dia+PS~
Old December 13th, 2012, 06:12 PM
Claire*
Here's to the crazy ones.

Nature: Sassy
Wow, this thread exploded all of a sudden. xD

I might as well join in on the mayhem. I think it would be preferable if "death" meant something. It shouldn't be cheapened in construct to simply "re-spawning". If we get beat up, then we get beat up.

Just my brief opinion. :D
Old December 13th, 2012, 06:35 PM
Dusk
Fighting to Renew my Past...

I think we should make it more realistic; beating someone damages them. Death should certainly be possible, but much, much harder than killing a 'regular person'.

I imagined a scene where the Fox cosplayer made an attempt to flee the island, but is stopped by Cammy, as Cammy says, "I can't let you do that, Star Fox."

Lilizuki: Tomorrow morning I'll post again with Tenshi, so keep Samus there. I'll start that interaction. Also, waiting on you in PTA

Old December 13th, 2012, 07:29 PM
Claire*

Oh, I forgot to ask. Anybody free for me to run into? I don't want to just inadvertently force somebody into interaction they don't want. :3
Old December 13th, 2012, 07:30 PM
OrangeNess
Layton Lover

Nature: Docile
*Sees Ness taken, cries heart out*
Any room for me? I've got an idea for a Pichu character!
Old December 13th, 2012, 07:53 PM
ShinyDiamond
«Dual Wield» User
Community Supporter

I have Kamui at the desert now. I'd like to face one of the optional bosses: Sonic.

Another note, nobody answered my question on my last post. I need some answers; otherwise, it'll bug me all night. I know how the % goes, I've played the game. But how does it go with optional & mandatory bosses?

~Dia+PS~
Old December 13th, 2012, 09:33 PM
Lilizuki
The Wise Lesbian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire* View Post
Oh, I forgot to ask. Anybody free for me to run into? I don't want to just inadvertently force somebody into interaction they don't want. :3
The Koopa army interaction is free. Maybe if you and Eve show up together, the four of us could beat 'em. :v
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfOfEve View Post
Lilizuki: Tomorrow morning I'll post again with Tenshi, so keep Samus there. I'll start that interaction. Also, waiting on you in PTA
Gotcha. And I'll do that ASAP.
Old December 13th, 2012, 10:11 PM
Axeliira
the wants what it wants

Nature: Brave
>sees thread already 5 pages long
>most of page became a debate
>scratches head

I'm leaning towards the idea of "higher damage = crash into an object", because since we're surrounded by cactuses, bushes, forests, and mountains all around the island. So! I am in agreement towards everyone's opinions and keeping the "you get beat up, you get beat up" theory. It's the idea that stood out the most and it would be useful to determine everyone's health status xD

I apologize that I didn't think of that clearly. xD Honestly I wasn't aware of *how* players manage their health. My mindset was infinite. xD

Hopefully I didn't confuse anyone....again. And disregard anything with the percentage. We're gonna stick with the whole LET'S SLAM HIM OUT ONTO DA CACTUS.

oh and btw. Ariya post tomorrow morning. I'm halfway done! >_<

Quote:
I don't really get the fascination with PvP in freeform. :/ It's impossible to regulate.

@Leaf Storm: I was thinking. In theme with the Metroid games, would it be possible for me to "fluff" the items as modular parts for the power suit? So, the Cracker Launcher would be an upgrade that Mimi could add to her arm cannon (But it would still be finite, obviously).
That's perfectly fine! You (well, anyone) is free to use their items however they want, but their power *is* limited, yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeNess View Post
*Sees Ness taken, cries heart out*
Any room for me? I've got an idea for a Pichu character!
Three of the remaining spots are reserved, sadly. I'd recommend you to wait if either of the spots are open, because I will keep the player count at 15 and that's it. If all of the spots are taken, then unfortunately I won't be taking any players. :(

If any spot opens, I will VM you. :) I'll continue accepting spots before the mandatory boss battle...which will happen very soon. :)
11/21/2014 / Staff Collab 2014
Old December 13th, 2012, 10:20 PM
Sir Bastian
Community Supporter

Whoo! Go Leaf for picking the realism in a fantasy kind of setting! xP

Nah, I'm joking, I really do like that idea, of both having the 'you bet beat up, you get beat up', as well as the 'Falconnnnnn PAWNCH!' *Goes flying into two trees and a rock before stopping*.

So yeah, kudos to Leaf for taking an approach that people can actually relate to and understand! *Pats Shinydiamond* :3

~Hiluluk
Old December 13th, 2012, 10:23 PM
Claire*

Quote:
The Koopa army interaction is free. Maybe if you and Eve show up together, the four of us could beat 'em. :vGotcha. And I'll do that ASAP.
Took you up on the offer. I had my character black out for just a second. I wanted to introduce my character to failing early on, kind of a "getting used to her abilities thing". I figured her underestimating kickback would be a good mistake.
Old December 13th, 2012, 10:41 PM
Axeliira
the wants what it wants

Flock enemies have been dropped on two players. Also items have been rewarded!

Also, thank you guys! Always working hard!
Old December 14th, 2012, 08:02 AM
Dusk

Hey Leafy, did you read that post I made earlier? I directly referenced you in it. Tenshi pulled a Deadpool.

Old December 14th, 2012, 09:03 AM
Axeliira
the wants what it wants

Ariya's hiding in the trees....

OR WAS...she's right behind Megaman and Ray now.

/just posted

Wolfy...where xD
Old December 14th, 2012, 09:04 AM
Dusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Storm View Post
Wolfy...where xD
The very end of the first post, he says, "Thank you, Game Master."

Old December 14th, 2012, 09:19 AM
Sir Bastian
Community Supporter

Hoh damn Wolf, Allan isn't going to be happy with your guy for attacking his new-found ally. Better finish your fight with Samus before Allan (And presumably mister Falcon) finishes off the turtles.

~Hiluluk
Old December 14th, 2012, 09:28 AM
Axeliira
the wants what it wants

Ahh yeah, I saw it! Don't worry :)

Reservation Reminders:
imevil (Today 5:26 pm EST)

Samus VS. Lucario VS. Lucas VS...Captain Falcon? :D
Closed Thread