Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > General Chat

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

General Chat Reporting for duty!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 18th, 2012 (03:19 PM).
von Weltschmerz
the first born unicorn

Cookie if you know what song that is from ;3

Anyway... if you could live in any other time period when would it be, and why? Are there any reservations you have about this choice??

For me... it would probably be somewhere along the lines of 17th to 19th century America. I really wouldn't wanna be drafted into any wars... but I feel that an America with some integrity would be better than this insidious regime that currently presides. Plus I believe technology has made us over connected and undermined our own self reliance. I'd much rather ride horses, send letters,and live in the much more meritocracized(made up word btw :o) world rather than the superfluous and materialistic society today that has an unhealthy obsession for it's own appreciation.

Anyway... how about you guys?
Old December 18th, 2012 (03:25 PM).
Sassy Milkshake
It's ok to cry.

Nature: Sassy
I'm content with the world I'm living in now. But I'd definitely live in the future if I had to choose. Lets go 28th century. I like surprises, and going back in time I know what to expect. Going into the future things'll be different, whether it be for better or worse, and I think that's one of the things I'll miss most about dying: not being able to see what humans can do given time.

Old December 18th, 2012 (03:49 PM).
Kura
twitter.com/kuraberrym

Nature: Serious
Probably now or about 8 or so years ago.. mid-2000s were pretty booming and we still had fairly fast internet and cellphone capabilities.. some great games came out at that time, not to mention the economy was a lot better than it is now IMO. I'd like to take over the skillsets and mind I have now though. I would do things a lot differently and enjoy my youth more. But hey! Live and let learn!

I choose then because it's a lot freer of discrimination and sexism and etc than if we went further back.
Old December 18th, 2012 (05:21 PM).
Penta Penguin
The biggest underdog in the world

Nature: Relaxed
Like I've said before, I'd go back to the early 90's, and see myself being born. I think it would come as a surprise to my Ma when I show her the passport, as well as the "mark". But also, because TV stuff was good back then and I think I would love getting back to playing on the old C64, Master System and Genesis, even playing against my younger self. How awesome would that be?

Next project: Pokemon Dark Nebula?

~Youtube~
Old December 18th, 2012 (06:45 PM).
Sableye~
Back to PC~
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
I'm cool with the present. (:
Going back in time (if that means I'm my younger self) would definitely not be enjoyable for me. If I'm allowed to speak to my past self, though, I might have some choice words about a decision I made. But hey, who am I to tamper with my own future?
Old December 18th, 2012 (07:46 PM).
Antemortem
nothing but a teenage phase

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Antemortem
I wouldn't mind living in 1946 when World War II caused a boom in America's economy, throwing us into the ranks of the superpowers of the world, and an expansive one at that. I can only imagine what it'd be like.
Old December 18th, 2012 (08:14 PM).
Brynjolf
It's so overt it's covert

It's from American Eulogy by Green Day! Cookie for me?

I would prefer to stay in this time period, actually. I don't think I would fit in 'back then'.

I dunno, maybe early 1800's, but it's hard to say. I like the style of life the way it is today.
Old December 18th, 2012 (09:06 PM).
Esper

Generally, the further back in the past you go the less I want to live there. Disease and filth, war, sexism, hatred and intolerance, rampant superstitions. Yeah. Take me to the future where things are better than today.

deviantart blog pair
Old December 18th, 2012 (09:26 PM).
Patrick
Ya'll Are Weird
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
The old man in me wants to say "perpetual 90's", what with the rose-tinted glasses and all (something I try to fight aganist, but my best memories come from my childhood, so it's very hard).

And yet, I'm not really sure. If I go too far back, I'm subject to racism. And the future scares me a bit. And I don't mean "uncertainty" scares, I mean like sci-fi horror stuff like big brother literally being everywhere (with the way people act and react on social networks, you can hardly do anything now without someone jumping down your throat or suing you), wars because of too much unresolved tension, overpopulation and the use of resources becoming a big honking deal, on and on. Ugh. The present is not painting a very pleasant future for me, and I usually don't accentuate the negative. And even if none of this "big scary" stuff happens in my lifetime, I really don't want to put future generations through it.

*shudder* I don't want to live on this planet anymore. Can my answer be "start a new life on Mars?" Once I get the kinks of living on another planet ironed out, everyone who isn't uptight about everything is invited. :D

Other Stuff That's Totally Uncool and Not Worth Your Time!

Old December 18th, 2012 (11:58 PM).
Hannah
the seasons pokémon
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
I'm not quite sure about the date, but I want to go back to the time when people wore puffy, Victorian dresses and carriages were considered as cool.
#585 Deerling
Supporter Collab January 2015
who needs pairs when you have
friends as awesome as mine
Old December 22nd, 2012 (04:14 AM).
Sodom
with a capital Y.

Nature: Adamant
Is it bad that I'd just go back to the 90s? Everything felt more magical in the 90s.

I guess that's because I went and grew up and was a kid in the 90s, but even when I look at movies from back then with the terrible fashion I think "yeah those were the days"

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Old December 23rd, 2012 (01:53 PM).
TheFattestSnorlax
Nothing to see here
Community Supporter

Nature: Mild
It's bad enough to go back, as I love the new technology we have these days. But I would go and see what the future is like.
Old December 23rd, 2012 (01:55 PM).
Hikamaru
this is all yours
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Given I am utilizing technology really well, I would never go back to the past now.
Old December 23rd, 2012 (02:22 PM).
Aeon
Dayum, son. Where'd you find this?
Community Supporter

I don't want to go back. I want to go forward. Something like, 2812 and see how society will evolve... if it's even still around.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links