The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Scripts & Tutorials

Notices

Scripts & Tutorials This forum is for scripts and code, as well as all kinds of tutorials, software, tools and so forth. Remember to give credit!
The thread revival limit does not apply here.

Advertise here

View Poll Results: How should Pokemon storage be handled?
With Yanfly's script. 3 17.65%
With a separate, but unified box. 0 0%
With individual boxes that is a list of names. 2 11.76%
With individual boxes that shows the overworld graphics of the Pokemon. 12 70.59%
Another way. (Please tell me how) 0 0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 10th, 2013, 02:04 PM
Arandomgamemaker
Unhatched Egg

Advertise here
Everything looks great except for the battle system and save screen.
(The battle system doesn't look like pokemon at all.)

Other then that, you're making good progress! Keep it up!
Old April 10th, 2013, 02:23 PM
Crystal Noel
RPG Maker VX Ace Scripter

Nature: Docile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arandomgamemaker View Post
Everything looks great except for the battle system and save screen.
(The battle system doesn't look like pokemon at all.)

Other then that, you're making good progress! Keep it up!
The battle system is set up so that the user could change the battle perspecive with ease. (The only issue is moving the HUD, but that is easy.) I made backgrounds so that the perspective could be about anything. Also trainers did stick around in Colosseum and XD.
The save screen actually looks like what shows up on the bottom screen in the 5th gen games, but with more info. If you want I could make a HUD for it. My Background HUDs script allows that.
I focus is that the core engine itself works. Appearance tend to be a secondary concern. Also, because of their functionality I use a lot of Yanfly scripts for menu features. Meaning that it takes the layout of what Ace uses by default but with slight modifications. (The Status menu got overhauled a lot, though)

Last edited by Crystal Noel; April 28th, 2013 at 07:53 AM.
Old April 28th, 2013, 07:59 AM
Crystal Noel

It has been a while since the last update. I have had a lot going on in my life this month.
Update:
  • The Day Care system had been completed
  • Many moves from Gen I are now in the Kit
  • The Light and Sound Type have been added to the Kit and are completely optional to use.

Old April 28th, 2013, 09:12 PM
CrossZero
Blender Maker

Nature: Calm
WOW is awesome, but the problem is the tile-sheet limit, so there could only be like 10 houses and the roads, etc.

But i love this proyect, it has a lot to improve, but by today, is exelent.

Hope you finish it, cause in a spanish forum, some one was making something like this and never continued it.

Hope you finish it
Why wont you let me hide from me!?
Mirror... tell me some thing... tell me whos the loneliest fo all?
I am the lonliest... of all
Old May 11th, 2013, 07:50 AM
Crystal Noel

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossZero View Post
WOW is awesome, but the problem is the tile-sheet limit, so there could only be like 10 houses and the roads, etc.

But i love this proyect, it has a lot to improve, but by today, is exelent.

Hope you finish it, cause in a spanish forum, some one was making something like this and never continued it.

Hope you finish it
I have plans to have the connected maps draw their tiles from their native tileset instead of the one of the map that controls it, allowing for multiple tilesets on the overworld.

Old May 20th, 2013, 06:46 AM
Crystal Noel

Update:
  • Bugfix: Horizontal command windows now scroll if there is only one option shown at a time.
  • Working on connected maps having sepparate tilesets from each other

Old May 20th, 2013, 07:28 PM
darthsaber89

oooh i cant wait. is there a way for the time being to get the tilesets? while i wait i can use them in a game i have been needing them for. and keep up the awesome work im happy to see this is still going.
Old June 2nd, 2013, 05:25 AM
Crystal Noel

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthsaber89 View Post
oooh i cant wait. is there a way for the time being to get the tilesets? while i wait i can use them in a game i have been needing them for. and keep up the awesome work im happy to see this is still going.
There are not a lot of buildings with what I have. I need to add them.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Update:
  • Box System is now complete
  • Added an achivement system
  • Basic Pokedex eval (I have plans to make one for all 649 Pokemon)
Be aware that because of the how windows work the PC is one scene that is streamlined from the Box Selection. From there you can deposit, withdraw, move, view stats, rename the box, and change the name of the box all from one command window.

Last edited by Crystal Noel; June 7th, 2013 at 01:25 PM.
Old June 7th, 2013, 01:28 PM
Crystal Noel

Update:
The Pokedex system is now complete. The Pokedex is set up to resemble bestiaries from other RPG Games and to be all in one scene. When you select a Pokemon the information window merely open around the Pokemon sprite.

Old June 7th, 2013, 03:45 PM
Beniwa
Unhatched Egg

Cool, just stumbled into this while deciding to make an Pokemon RPG myself, was looking for a starter kit. Found one for XP, but well, i wouldnt be here if that one worked for me... What you have going on here looks amazing to say the least man, awesome work. Is there any ETA on a download for this, even a beta test?
Old June 11th, 2013, 06:43 PM
darthsaber89

oh ok well i shall be patient lol.
Old July 4th, 2013, 01:45 PM
Crystal Noel

Sorry that its been a month since my last post.
Updates:
  • The trainer card has been created
  • The skills are being created
  • A full list of notetags for the actors is present on my blog

Old July 8th, 2013, 04:44 PM
F4ever

I love you. Keep up good work
Old July 9th, 2013, 02:35 PM
MalcomX

Nature: Jolly
It's great to see you putting so much effort into this. I'm definitely using this when it's released.

GOTTA CATCH EM ALL!
Old July 22nd, 2013, 04:50 PM
Crystal Noel

What would you guys like to see in the kit?

Old July 22nd, 2013, 05:23 PM
F4ever

Well, you could add some kind of "fog of war" with walls blocking the view (it would be very nice for puzzles and mazes) even though it is not implemented in the original pokemon games, not exactly the Flash move outside of battles. We could also apply this effect to torches or something not the player.

It's the only thing I can probably miss in the kit I think. I am looking at your blog's list of features and I think it is just perfect for a pokemon game. My suggestion is like an add-on that would be cool.

Keep up the good work
Looking forward to see your project in action!
Old July 23rd, 2013, 07:44 AM
Timber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Noel View Post
What would you guys like to see in the kit?
For the Demo?
If yes, than the features listed in your blog are enough for a Demo.
Old July 29th, 2013, 10:07 AM
Crystal Noel

Quote:
Originally Posted by F4ever View Post
Well, you could add some kind of "fog of war" with walls blocking the view (it would be very nice for puzzles and mazes) even though it is not implemented in the original pokemon games, not exactly the Flash move outside of battles. We could also apply this effect to torches or something not the player.

It's the only thing I can probably miss in the kit I think. I am looking at your blog's list of features and I think it is just perfect for a pokemon game. My suggestion is like an add-on that would be cool.

Keep up the good work
Looking forward to see your project in action!
I am using Victor's Fog and Lighting Effects scripts for the kit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timber View Post
For the Demo?
If yes, than the features listed in your blog are enough for a Demo.
I have a few more things that I need to do. (Status screen and some items) I will skip the Pokegear for the demo. The option will lead strait to the debug screen.

Old July 30th, 2013, 12:18 PM
Plomin

If someone could make a tutorial of how to get all of this into the RPG maker VX ace it would be lovaly!
Old August 6th, 2013, 07:29 PM
Crystal Noel

Link to download demo: http://crystalnoel42.wordpress.com/p...kit/downloads/
Finally I got a demo out.The only problem is the sheer size of the the kit and the high compression ratio (meaning not much of a size reduction). If anyone knows how to compress the size to at least 600 megabytes of lower. I appreciate it.

Old August 13th, 2013, 07:24 AM
mooshra

I noticed a few bugs with the demo with the first being (Probably my computer) is the intro plays audio, but not video. The next is when I choose new game the event called for Professor Intro, but the song's name is Professor's Intro. This was an easy fix I just opened the project and changed the name. The last so far is when you go to the cave it says you get potions in the ext box but it gives you repels in the item log.

Still very nice demo. And How can I take the MP and TP out?
Old August 13th, 2013, 04:29 PM
Crystal Noel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooshra View Post
I noticed a few bugs with the demo with the first being (Probably my computer) is the intro plays audio, but not video. The next is when I choose new game the event called for Professor Intro, but the song's name is Professor's Intro. This was an easy fix I just opened the project and changed the name. The last so far is when you go to the cave it says you get potions in the ext box but it gives you repels in the item log.

Still very nice demo. And How can I take the MP and TP out?
The error with the cave was because I changed the items list after I made those events but, did not change that. the error with the music was when i tried to reduce the file size the file got accidentally deleted.

To remove MP set REMOVE_MP_DISPLAY in Crystal Engine - Basic Module to true.

To remove TP uncheck "Display TP in Battle" in the System tab in the database.

Future updates will include battle HUDS that lack them.

Old August 17th, 2013, 05:25 PM
Crystal Noel

One thing that I would like to know is what changes/additions you would like to see in Version 1. I can't guarantee everything requested, but all requests will be taken into some consideration.

Old August 22nd, 2013, 04:47 PM
mooshra

I have one thats nagging me and my friends and its that when we go to save we will press it twice cause the normal save style of games and we reset our game to much. So if you could but a message saying Are you sure want to restart or save. It would be so nice cause I know so many others will the same as us.
Old October 5th, 2013, 09:39 PM
LassLaura
No, I don't want a breakfast burrito

Nature: Quiet
Well I WOULD give this a rave review, but:

1) My entire computer freezes when I try to play the demo unless I disable the opening video.

2) Once I finally get into the game, my controls are screwed. Pressing any direction moves me a random number of steps in that direction, if it does anything at all. Menu inputs are also heavily delayed. I somewhat assume this has to with needing a high-end computer to run this. Or at least higher-end then mine (mine's pretty crappy).

3) Everything's too small in battle. Couldn't you blow up the sprites by x2? If the animated sprite filesizes become too large by doing that you could use D/P/Pl or HG/SS sprites instead. Animooted =/= better (to me at least).

4) Some unnecessary scripts like the TP gain one. FFX mechanics don't belong in Pokemon. Minimap and combat log are also unnecessary.

5) A picture of the pokemon's sprite would look more accurate in the status menu.

6) Typos (snaged, summery) and some move descriptions being too long for the text box (Quick Attack).

I figure some of these have been addressed in the month and a half since this thread's been posted in, but in case they haven't, well there you go. My two cents.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here