The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner

Notices

Roleplay Corner Go here to Roleplay (RP) about ANYTHING. Enjoy joining and creating RPs.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old December 19th, 2012, 12:35 PM
Lokiepie
ooh...Cake!

Nature: Quirky
Jinxsey’s shoulder now pulsed with pain from the continuous ramming against the shell which had held Teddiursa. Though he had not gotten off brilliantly with the small bear at first, that didn’t mean he wasn’t shocked and a little worried when the shell of the clamperl closed in around it.

However, when at last the shell opened and Teddiursa tumbled out, marking the end of the second foe, Jinxsey abruptly moved on to the next, wheeling round on the sand and bounding towards the final Clamperl at Willow’s command. No time for inspecting his team mate.

The remaining Clamperl stared out in shock at its fallen comrade, shell shocked. Things had gone wrong. Very wrong and now he was paying the price.

As he stared, fear knotting it’s self in painful twists around it’s consciousness, it blocked out the world around it, too focused the relaxed body of its fainted friend until a spout of sand hit its eyes.
It wailed as the grains stabbed, blurring it’s field of vision to the point of blindness before squeezing it’s eyes closed in pain. Upon opening though it’s heart clenched, almost stopping for a split second as it made out the small form of the Eevee flying down towards it, eyes focused on him, the bull’s eye of his form.

Jinxsey had reacted without thinking, Willow’s voice now drilling through his mind and almost controlling his every thought as he darted this way and that, flicking sand into the shell’s embrace with sharp twists and turns, before one final bellow from his trainer signalled the end of the battle.

“Finish it!” Willow’s voice called from the side lines, her body tense and her voice showing strain as she took in her Pokémon’s slow, aching movements with pitying eyes. This battle had been harder on Jinxsey than she had realised, yet he had not given up despite him now favouring his left front leg over his right.

Jinxsey leapt, bunching his leg muscled together briefly before propelling himself up into the air at fast speed, aiming directly for the centre of the clam. The sun kissed his soaking fur as he plummeted forward, ignoring the pulsing pain in his right shoulder from the brutal clashes with the clamperls’ hard shells. Focusing, he glared at his target, growing ever near to the now squinting perl before with a soft thud, he struck.

His shoulder connected with a sickening crunch before searing agony bloomed across his good leg, making him yowl for a brief second. He froze here as red covered his vision but Willow’s cry of shock caused him to push the pain to back of his mind before slamming his shoulder into the perl again.

He had struck true, hinting his target with deadly precision and dizzying the Clamperl, to the point of collapse. The second strike however, pushed it over the edge and with a dark eyes, he glared as the Clamperl’s eyes rolled back and it’s body’s muscles unwound with a pitiful sigh.

Willow squealed and jumped in the spot, forgetting to breath briefly as she watched Jinxsey deliver the final blow. Without thinking she darted forwards, grinning wildly and wrapping her arms around Gau’s neck in joy before letting go as quickly as she had appeared and darting towards Jinxsey.

Upon approach, Jinxsey swivelled on the spot, leaving the shell in one slow movement before limping slowly toward Willow, a wolfish grin once again cross his face, masking the dull ache which now gnawed at his body.

At this, a wave of gratitude for her Pokémon swept over Willow. He had fought true and hard for her and for that she was grateful. Swooping down, she pulled him up into her arms burying her face into his damp fur and breathing in deeply.

“We make some team” she smiled, emerging to meet Jinxsey’s hazel gaze with her own. Inspecting his legs for injury she realised that he was worse for wear.

and that’s putting it lightly, she thought grimly to herself before she noticed her Pokémon’s face. He beamed at her, tail lazily wagging. “Eeeevv” he mewed quietly, before slowly lowering his chin to her arm, resting there as his eyes closed.

Willow smiled, running her fingers through his fur, before whispering in hushed tones “yeah you rest bubby. You deserve it.”

With that she then turned and inspected the crowd which had gathered, waving slightly as people waved back, chattering eagerly to one another with wild calls of celebration filling the air from all bar one. A small girl whom seemed set in the back of the crowd, quietly craning her neck to see, seem to gaze into the battle field silently. Willow gave her best grin, trying to meet the girl’s gaze before waving again then with that turned back to Gau.
“Nice moves, Gau and thanks for the help, don’t think Jinx and I would have handled that well without you.”

(my replacement while a new sig is made )

Paired with :
gimmepie
Old December 20th, 2012, 01:06 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies

Nature: Mild
Gau and the slightly dizzied Teddiursa watched as Jinxey took out the final Clamperl. The experience the two pokemon and their trainers had gained was certainly valuable and he planned to put it to good use. Gau reached for his notepad but before he could retrieve it from his backpack Willow surprised him by throwing her arms around his neck. The contact had been brief but he had not known how to react and was still contemplating the strange behaviour, how could she be so free spirited with a person she had only just met?
Deciding not to dwell on the thought for now, Gau picked up Teddiursa feeding the tiny pokemon with the crescent moon shape on the top of its head an oran berry from a pocket in his bag. Teddiursa smiled at Gau
“Teddi” it offered as reassurance of its well being
“We certainly get each other don’t we?” Gau rhetorically asked the little fur ball
“Teddi” Teddiursa responded again, this time with a happy, agreeable tone instead of one of reassurance.
Teddiursa and Gau watched Willow interacting with Jinxey, amused by her childlike persona and surprised at the serious enthusiasm she had produced in battle. When the sprite-like girl and her eevee seemed to have finally calmed down Gau approached her
“Well done” he offered “we made a good team” Gau continued before stopping to ponder her reaction
“If you are still interested in that lunch I suggest we eat at the pokemon centre so our pokemon can get checked up by the nurse there besides,” Gau paused briefly before wondering if it was right to reveal the location of his old home to a stranger “I left something in my old room there and need to get it” he finished his sentence realising that he would receive no ill response from the free spirited young woman.
But her eyes appeared to be locked on a strange little kid; she looked like a younger version of the person he had seen watching from far off, although he could not tell the gender of the older person.
“Do you think we should invite that kid?” Gau asked Willow; examining not the girl he was talking about but the older person who seemed to be staring at the situation from further off “she seems interesting”. Gau pulled out his note pad and placed Teddiurda on his shoulder before beginning to write more notes about Willow and his experiences of the day, he would switch to the other booklet to write about Teddiursa after lunch.
Old December 20th, 2012, 04:37 AM
Lokiepie
ooh...Cake!

Willow offered a brief smile at Gau’s comments before nodding. No question came to mind about the Pokemon centre. If anything she wishjed she’d thought of that last night rathr than opting to camp it out.

“Think we should invite the kid? She seems interesting.”

Again Willow nodded before parting her lips to speak in hushed tones.

“I’d say. She seems to be so quiet for a kid so young. Aren’t they meant to be noisy, dirty and I dunno, bouncing around the place?” she questioned examining the girl with her gentle gaze, as memories of the kids flickered up from back home.

Grins plastered across their tiny faces which were smeared with mud and dust. Plasters criss-crossing their knees and their clothes something of nightmares belongs to mothers across the land. This child seems so different to that image, set in the back, behind the hustle and bustle.

At this thought, Willow glanced towards Gau only to realise with another spout of curiosity blossoming within her, that Gau was in fact not looking at the young girl she had been so eagerly focused on, but another person with the same attitudes whom was perched on a rock further down the beach.

“Well, if we are going to do this lunch, the more the merrier.” Willow thought before realising that once again Gau was in his own world, pen and paper reappearing in his grip as he began to scratch away. Shaking her head she giggled, before looking back towards the crowd as it depleted in number, people now bored, every now and then a small wave coming their way in goodbye. Willow returned as many as she could with a friendly grin before readjusting her hold on her snoozing Pokémon, but as a few seconds ticked by, Willow decided that Gau would most probably follow when he was finished with his notes and so with this thought in mind Willow began her short trip towards the young girl.

“Hey” she said quietly, smiling as she went. “The names Willow.” She began not entirely sure how the small child would take her approach, after all stranger danger right?

“Enjoy the show?” she questioned lightly, the smile still spread across her lips as to not seem scary, if that was even possible for Willow’s kind features.

Paired with :
gimmepie
Old December 20th, 2012, 11:05 AM
mzmingle
Okay What?...

Nature: Relaxed
"A shiny pokemon? They're extremely rare... How am I so lucky to get one?" she asked, while handing him the coin toss app. He then went off to buy some items.
"Oh." she said. She started walking out of the shop when the boy came up to her and gave her a map.
"You'll find it handy." he told her.
"Thank you!" replied Fait. When she got out of the shop, she saw pokemon running about. She then decided to go to Route 202.
"Hmm. Think we should go down here?" she asked her Sandshrew.
"Saaand. Shrew, Shrew!" he replied. Fait walked out of the town and the second she got out she saw a strange pokemon. It was orange with black stripes. The girl quickly grabbed her pokédex out of her bag to see what it was.
"Growlithe?" she said, looking at her Pokédex. "But that's rare. I better catch it!"

"Sandshrew, go on! You're doing well!" she shouted. The Growlithe looked weak. She unbuttoned the pokéball from her belt and lobbed it at the Growlithe.
"Growl...Growlithe..." it said. The pokémon looked hurt. She felt bad that she had attacked it and let it run away.

"I hope it's okay..." she said, while sitting on a wooden bench to eat some lunch.
Old December 20th, 2012, 08:44 PM
Game_sloth
That guy

Nature: Hasty
"Woooooooooommmp" the ship screamed as it passed by a small , homely looking town. 'This is my chance' Ike thought.

"Aha!" He yelled as he exited from his hiding spot on the ship he had been secretly stowed on since that morning. Running to the end of the ship with nothing but his empty pokeball in hand, he recklessly jumped off the ship into the lukewarm water.

'Finally.. a place I can start new. No more worries. I hope this is it' is the only thing that went through Ike's mind as he slowly made his way to shore.

"What are you doing, young man?!" a tall man questioned as Ike crawled on to the shore.
"Cuh cuh uhh" is all that Ike could say as he spat the horrid tasting salt water out of his mouth.
"Well boy?!" the man continued.
"I am here to.. start new," Ike reluctantly replied in a soft voice, "So where am I?"
"Sangem Town!" the man started, "And I am Professor Rowan! You have quite some timing!"
"Rowan? Timing?" Ike muttered.
"Yes! Professor Rowan. I am a pokemon professor!" he replied putting a lot of emphasis on the word professor while extending his hand out to help Ike out.
"Well.. can you help me start new? I have nothing.. and would rather not talk about my past," Ike said with fear of rejection as he got up on his own leaving Prof. Rowans hand untouched.
"Funny you asked.. and appeared when you did. I just sent some new trainers on a journey.. if you are interested, I will give you a quick explanation of what's going on, give you a couple things, and send you on your way. Will be a perfect way for you to make new friends! Just follow me to.." Prof. Rowan started as he turned to walk off.
"What if they don't want me to be their friend?" Ike interrupted in a snappy manner.
"I'm sure they'll like you just fine. Now follow me to my lab please" Rowan finished as he kept walking toward his lab.

Ike followed him distastefully as Rowan explained everything about the Lifekeepers and the issue at Jubilife City.

"So I just arrived and you want me to risk my life on something I could care less about?!" Ike rudely exclaimed.
"Well.. yes, actually. You would be well rewarded and could peacefully reside here afterwards. You don't seem to have many more options, son." Rowan replied irritated.
"Guess you're right.. I don't exactly have anything to lose either.."
"That's the spirit! Now choose a pokemon!" Rowan exclaimed while showing Ike the few remaining pokemon, "You can't do this alone, after all."

It didn't take Ike long to choose. He did a quick look-over and there was a small odd, yet cute red pokemon that caught his eye and warmed his heart.

"That one, sir!" Ike exclaimed.
"Ahhh, Magby!" the professor started, "excellent choice!"
"But, wait.. Can I put him in this pokeball? I have had it for a long time and.." Ike asked as he pushed the ball towards Rowan.
"I'm sorry, but this pokemon balls has already been chosen." Rowan replied uneasily, "Now here take these and get going! You have some catching up to do. If you have questions, there are plenty of trainers that will be more than willing to help you!"

The professor handed Ike the pokeball of his new Magby as well as a bag holding a few necessities. Ike took the bag with a confused grin and proceeded to walk out of the lab.

"WAIT!" Rowan yelled, "Almost forgot about this!"

The professor ran over to Ike and snapped the cold, steel life counter onto Ike's wrist.

"What is this?" Ike question.
"Your life," Rowan stated, "Don't let it run out.."

Ike walked out as Rowan turned to one of his machines.
'Good luck, boy' Rowan though to himself.

Ike started at a fast-paced walk that quickly became a sprint towards route 202 and the beginning of his new life.

Last edited by Game_sloth; December 21st, 2012 at 05:16 AM.
Old December 21st, 2012, 12:47 AM
Rune Alchemist
Young Writer

Send a message via Skype™ to Rune Alchemist
Yay. The battle's finished. Now, please leave so that the beach can be as peaceful as it was before you two arrived. These are the thoughts running through Julyanne's mind, her mood somewhat pessimistic.

She easily stepped off on the beach as soon as the battle finished, eager for her sister to get away. The last thing she wants to happen is to lose sight of her, get found by someone, then reported to her parents. It's just troublesome to escape from them, especially now that her ride's totalled.

'Aaaaand, now she's talking to Ms. Messy Girl.' She hastened her steps, sand crunching under her feet. The less time she has talking to her sister, the less she's going to recognize her, that is if she keeps up to date to foreign nobles. Still, better safe than sorry.

"Beatrice, you shouldn't have wandered off. What would I do if I lost you?" She chastised her, voice naturally sounding like that of a prince with only little effort in her part. She turned to the two trainers, introducing herself.

"I am 'Julian' Eigis, and this is Beatrice Eigis, my sister. It is a pleasure to meet the trainers I shall be working with against the syndicate." She made a sweeping bow, mimicking the gestures of those that she knew. Julyanne even went as far as grabbing hold of the girl's hand to lay a peck on the girl's knuckles. "Please excuse my sister, for at the moment her voice is stolen by an incident when we arrived. The doctor, however, said that she'll regain that ability someday."

Okay, time to add a little confusion so that they wouldn't focus so much on her. "The battle I witnessed was quite impressive, I have never seen someone who is able to command a Pokemon in their first battle. Who do you think would have won a battle should you and your partner have a friendly battle?"

Of course she meant what she said, only that she made it vague enough to be misinterpreted. Now, they're going to think about what she said rather than herself. Julyanne knows that even a friendly battle can damage a person's Life, so she said it now when their Pokemon are incapable to battle. She only said it as a diversion though, not really interested to see who will win.

Beatrice suddenly clung to Julyanne's leg, her arm holding onto the glass case containing the glowing Pokemon Egg.
Old December 21st, 2012, 02:48 PM
1ninjadude1701
Psyduck

Nature: Quiet
DeSean Guilliver had arrived at Professor Rowan's lab hours ago and yet he still couln't work up the courage to ring the freaking doorbell. He passed the front porch for about another ten minutes before considering his odds. "Well he invited me didn't he?" He whispered to himself. With three powerfull knocks on the door Professor Rowan came to open the door.
"Hello there, you must be DeSean."
He took a good long look at him before gesturing to follow.
"Is Swinub still here Professor?" DeSean asked.
"I believe so." Professor Rowan said holding out the Pokeball in which his new partner was in.
"But you must promise me a favor in return. Can you go to Jubilife City and look for a suspicoius gathering of Pokemon?"
"Is it safe?" DeSean asked.
Professor Rowan sighed and looked down.
"I can't guarentee your safty though you shall know when to bail for I will give you a device that can sense your pulse and tell you how much life you have left."
"So thats it? My life is now some game and I'm your pawn!?"
DeSean was starting to get really pissed at Professor Rowan. How could he be used in such a way that he could die! It wasn't right to put a sixteen year old at risk of death. But just then a memory popped up and in it he could see his mother, burning at the hands of the group who the Professor was indicating. The Life Keepers, ruthless and without remorse his home destoryed along with his mother. He would never forget her. The anger he felt wasn't toward the professor but toward the Life Keepers. His anger swelled inside of him like a balloon on the verge of bursting.
"I'll do it" was DeSeans responce.
The professor nodded and walked to the back room where he put a watch around DeSean's wrist. Two tiny needles poked into his dark skin and it boot up with a lone number; fifty.
"And here is your partner."
Professor Rowan told him holding out the Pokeball for a second time. DeSean took the Pokemon with gratitude. After saying good bye DeSean's first thought was that if he would have any chance of surviving he would need to train his Pokemon to be the very best.

My new pokemon rp

http://pokemonchallengersrp.proboards.com/index.cgi

Join if you like a challenge.
Old December 21st, 2012, 02:50 PM
Game_sloth
That guy

As Ike made his sprint towards route 202, 4 trainers by the beach caught his eye.
'I wonder if those are some of the trainers the professor mentioned' he pondered, 'maybe I should wait and see which way they go..'

The large, lively pokemon center caught his attention and he stopped mid-sprint almost crashing to his face.
'I guess I will go sit over there.. this will be a good chance to meet my Magby..' Ike pondered as he hastily walked to the side of the building and sat down onto the cold, dew-wet grass. He put his back against the wall and stared at the pokeball in his hand, hesitant to meet his new partner.

'Well.. here goes nothing..'
"Go Magby," he said softly so not to gain any of the other trainer's attention as he gently brought out his Magby.
"Maaaaaag...by," the small pokemon yelled out as he emerged from the pokeball.
"Oh No!" Ike exclaimed as he looked around quickly, "You have to stay quiet Magby!"
Ike went on to grab his small, red companion, but was stopped as his hands got close to magby.
"Maaaaaaagbbyyy!" the frightened pokemon yelled once more as it's eyes started to glow yellow.
"Uuh.." Ike grunted as the Magby stunned him with leer.
Magby's frightened looked quickly turned into a huge grin as he realised that this ignorant boy was his trainer. He preceded to snap Ike out of the leer with the grin still on his face.

"Maagby" the pokemon yelled once more, "Magby! Magby! Magby!"
"Please stop!" Ike urged to Magby as it mocked him.
The magby continued his rant, now jumping up and down.
'This just isn't working' Ike thought to himself as he grabbed his pokeball.
"Return," Ike said, still in a soft voice as he put Magby back into the pokeball..

"What will I do... I have no idea how to handle this Pokemon.." He questioned himself with pity.
"What will I ever do.."
Old December 21st, 2012, 08:55 PM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies

Gau remained silent throughout the exchange, observing the peculiar boy. Something was strange about this Julian, something even Gau could consider weird and he didn't just think this because of the boys strange, eccentric, behaviour and silent sister. Something about him just didn't fit.
Interesting Gau thought to himself.

Gau let Willow make the introductions, using the time to record some quick observations about the duo they were talking to, watching them quizzically between strokes of the pen. He tilted the note pad slightly so he could tell his thoughts to Willow without dissuading the strange pair before him.

"Teddiursa?" the pokemon on his shoulder appeared to feel the same way as Gau but was more fixated on the lightly pulsating egg that Julian carried and on trying to understand what Gau had written. She constantly shifted her faze from the glowing egg to the neatly written noted Gau had now completed for the time being. He had been distracted from his writing when Julian asked the surprising question of who, out of himself of Willow, would win a battle. Gau actually pondered this for a while, decided on an answer and then continued to consider the motive for such a question before he responded
"Willow" he said simply, not explaining why
"Teddi?!?!" the bear pokemon fell off of his shoulder from the surprise answer. Gau smiled at the crescent-marked pokemon. It was simple really, he was a better thinker than Willow and Teddiursa certainly seemed to be a better battler to Gau, but they lacked the fiery determination Willow and her pokemon possessed. It wouldn't matter how many complex strategies he thought of, she would plough on straight through them if need be. Gau watched the three people he stood with, looking for Willow's reaction to his statement, Julian's motives for such a random, possibly conflicting question and wondering why exactly Beatrice had temporarily lost her voice when she clearly did not have a cold or anything.
What interesting people he thought to himself as he picked Teddiursa of the ground and placed her back on his shoulder.
Old December 22nd, 2012, 05:44 AM
Lokiepie
ooh...Cake!

Willow stared blankly at the boy in front of her, mouth gaping open somewhat embarrassingly she knew but she couldn’t help it, her system was in a minor state of surprise.

He kissed my hand… the thought drifted through her head slowly as wrinkles formed across her brow. Ok…so that is defiantly odd. No one ever does that back at home, unless the boy is sweet on the girl and that is defiantly out of the question here.

Slowly, brow still wrinkled, Willow withdrew her arm back to the safely of her space, before shooting a quick, awkward glance towards Gau whom was still scribbling in his note book. Yet there was once change in her friend’s stance that caught her eye.

He had tilted his note book, ever so slightly, so that now she could just about make out what he had been writing so avidly within its pages. With quick, curious eyes she scanned the page, following the neat loops and strokes of Gau’s hand writing and upon registering her friend’s note on their present company, Willow completely agreed. There was something off about this whole thing.

The boy’s features seemed strange and she didn’t even start to think on how weird their mannerisms were that was plain for everyone to see.
They acted quietly but from what she saw of these two in front of her, her soft gaze settling on them, they seemed to belong in the public eye. Everything about them said this. Their speech, accent, even the way they held themselves seemed out of place.

But pushing this thought to back of her mind, dismissing it as a silly idea, Willow smiled in greeting. No point in being suspicious of new company, they seem nice and that could never be a bad thing.

“Nice to meet you both” she began, smoothing her brow from confusing and nodding to both in turn. Though her pleasantries were cut short with one simple question and being so taken aback by it, all her wild theories about the two in front of her slipped away. Forgotten instantly.

Who do you think would have won a battle should you and your partner have a friendly battle?" Julian asked smoothly, looking between her and Gau.

“Erm” Willow began, pondering this question as she soaked in what had been asked. But as she at last settled on her answer, after a few moments of comparing both her style and Gau’s, she was, once again, cut short. This time by Gau.

“Willow.”

At this both Willow and Teddiursa had the same reaction. Arching her eye brown so much so that they disappeared into her long fringe Willow turned her gaze to the boy next to her once more, her jaw dropping open and her lips forming a silent oh in question.

“Pardon?” she finally stuttered, after a moment of digesting what had just been said. “Surely you mean yourself? You have better gasp on both strategy and Battling!” she exclaimed, eyes wide and refusing to believe that Gau had not just said her.

“I simply charge straight in and hope for the best. Not exactly something which is sort after in trainers.” She tried to smile at this, as she gazed at Gau. She had at first thought he was odd, but out of her present company she was rather use to his peculiarities now and his company was a comfort. Yet with his answer about the battle had thrown her off completely. She’d been willing to bet money on the fact that other people would agree with her view too. So perhaps she hadn’t figured out the quiet boy by her side just yet but regardless. He was kind.

At this she then returned her gaze to Julian and his younger sister. Now with a firm smile set across her lips. “Personally I will stick with Gau being the winner, but regardless of our different views on this, there’s one thing we can’t dispute. Me and him? We make one hell of a team.” Willow beamed at this and looked down at Jinxsey whom was now stirring in his sleep and after a moment of inspecting why, Willow realised the cause.

There was a faint glow was illuminating his face, pulsing slowly and annoying her partner in his rest. Looking up to find the source her eyes settled on a glass container held in the grasp of Beatrice and with her brow once again furrowing in confusion, a common thing to happen within the past morning, she opened her mouth to speak.

“Umm.” Willow began, nodding towards the egg. “Is it just me or do eggs normally give off a weird pulse-y light?”

Paired with :
gimmepie
Old December 22nd, 2012, 08:05 AM
Rune Alchemist
Young Writer

For fifteen minutes, Julyanne's world blacked out. That fifteen minutes started when the girl, Willow if what she gathered is correct, pointed out that her egg is glowing. Then, Julyanne witnessed her first Pokemon's birth.

The next thing she knows, she's cuddling a pink and brown Pokemon to her chest. The Pokemon itself sound asleep as Beatrice handed her sister a Pokeball from the top of the case. Her sister though had this smile she always has on when she or one of her siblings did something embarass-... Oh, wait. She's the only one here.

She spared the two trainers with her a glance, almost cringing at their expressions. Her 'fascination' with Pokedolls must have resurfaced when her Pokemon hatched, because the Pokemon she's holding looks almost exactly like Zau'berin, her favorite Pokedoll.

Quickly, Julyanne captured the Cleffa in the complementary Pokeball and slid it onto a slot under her sash, then turned to the two trainers. She cleared her throat, hoping to diffuse the awkwardness of whatever they witnessed. "I'm sorry, but can we start again? I am Julian Eigis. I play the Bass, Piano, and the Violin. I am also a talented motorcyclist. In my journey, I hope to become a Pokemon coordinator. Pardon, but I did not catch your names?"

Of course, the thing about her being a Pokemon Coordinator is a lie, but she is knowledgeable enough in lying and coordinating that they won't see through it. She only said it to, once again diffuse the situation. Really, she shouldn't talk to other people. She just gets into more trouble than she'd bother to get out off.

Still, these two are interesting. Maybe it wouldn't hurt to socialize with them?
Old December 22nd, 2012, 08:36 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies

Gau's focus on the strange pair in front of him had been shifted briefly by the emergence of a cute, pink and brown blob, more commonly known as the pokemon Cleffa, emerged from the egg. This shift did not last long however, living in and often working in the pokemon centre in Sandgem he had seen plenty of pokemon births, many far more spectacular than this. He again began to ponder the strange boy in front of him, who after this latest out burst had made Gau sure of two things. One: Julian had a very high opinion of himself and Two: His eccentricities were due to living a lifestyle very different to his own. Gau was still questioning the unusually soft features and the very motherly way in which he acted. He had seen some fairly soft men in his time, he certainly wasn't rough and rugged himself either, but this was a display of feminine behaviour he had only seen in mothers or some female pokemon trainers. Gau decided that it was probably nothing to judge by, but he would certainly be writing about this later.

Wanting to observe both Julian longer, in addition to Willow, he offered their company to Beatrice and her brother
"We were heading towards the pokemon centre to get lunch and heal our pokemon, I also need to get something from my old room too. Would you like to join us for lunch?" he asked
"Teddi" the pokemon on his shoulder said, showing its agreement as it watched the baby pokemon Julian carried sleep, this reminded Gau
"You should have the nurse make sure your Cleffa is healthy too whilst we are there, sometimes babies appear healthy but have a defect that needs treating."

Gau then fell silent and continued to watch his companions interact and fell into considering why Willow held him in such esteem, surely she realised her passionate battling style and determination would be more useful than is own methodical view, simply because she didn't waste time questioning herself.
Old December 22nd, 2012, 11:53 AM
Lokiepie
ooh...Cake!

Willow watched with a blanket expression as Julian collected his pokemon and turned back to them, her eyes staring out with a look of surprise while her lips pressed together to form a thin line in an attempt to not laugh.

She had seen many a guy react to their pokemon in different ways… but what she had just witnessed reminded her of her mother cooing over a new born baby.

Well that was…extreme she found herself thinking as she continued to watch Julian, who had now seemed to have regained his poise from before and was now acting as if that squealing, cooing big eyed scene had never happened.

Yep, defiantly odd…. But then who I am to judge? She heard herself think distantly. Maybe he’s just a really passionate about his Pokémon? … yeah he’s just really Passionate about Pokémon, that’s it.

However when Gau spoke, Willow snapped out of her inner thoughts with a smile.

“Yeah Pokémon centre. Food. Sounding good to me.” She voiced, twitching her shoulders back slightly to move her backpack which had been hanging uncomfortably over one shoulder.

“Having a nurse inspect your new pokemon is a good idea too.” She beamed, glancing at Gau with the best encouraging grin she could muster. “The name’s Willow Greenheart by the way.” At this she reached out a hand for a handshake in greeting, but remembering the whole hand kissing thing Julian had going on before, she quickly withdrew her hand again and opted for a small nod instead, before her stomach growled loudly.

At this sound Willow’s cheeks flushed red, and she clutched her stomach with her one free hand.

“Oops” she started, looking away from the gazes of her current company, embarrassed. “Sorry, not eaten since I woke up and I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t hungry” she giggled, this time it was her turn to try and smooth over an awkward situation.

“Pokemon centre then? Before my stomach announces its annoyance to the world again?” she laughed. Before slowly turning on the spot and motioning to move off back towards the town, only stopping on the first step to see if the other were going to follow, as she was not about to simply walk away without waiting for a response. That would be rude.

Paired with :
gimmepie
Old December 22nd, 2012, 01:48 PM
Rune Alchemist
Young Writer

"If I'm not any imposition, I'd like to join you two. Please lead the way Miss Greenheart." Julyanne mentally slapped herself. Several times has she almost called the girl a variety of names. She met several of them, and each of them has an exotic name. An example would be Heartfelt, Greengrass, Silvercloud and many more. It's a good thing she caught herself.

She kept in place with he two, her mind running though a list of lames she could use for her Cleffa. Personally, she wants to name it Zau'berin, but it would be unfair for the little fellow to be named after a Pokedoll.

When they reached the center, she already has her name picked out. The girl in disguise handed over her Pokeball to the nurse, saying "Please take care of Titania for me."
Old December 22nd, 2012, 05:00 PM
Game_sloth
That guy

Ike continued watching the four trainers by the beach converse. Unable to read their lips, but straining to.

How long are they going to be.. maybe they aren't the trainers that are heading to Jubilife. I've been sitting here for so long... I am probably way behind now!
But.. I can't go through route 202 now.. Magby won't get me through there.

He noticed the multiple gestures aimed towards his way.

Oh.. are they talking about me. No! The pokemon center. They are about to come this way.. I can't stay right here. I can't go to route 202. There are no hiding places.. I'll.. I'll.. just lower my head and close my eyes..pretend I'm asleep. I'll look like a homeless guy, but maybe they'll leave me alone.

Ike watched as the red, spiky haired girl turned his direction as if to lead the group his way.

No No No.. they're coming

He quickly lowered his head. His eyes shot up so that he could barely see them, but would know when to close his eyes.

Now I wait... and hope.
Old December 25th, 2012, 04:35 PM
DLMuerte
Warrior of the Tower

Nature: Rash
(OOC: Sorry about the long delay, but the holidays came)

Chapter 1-4: Route 202, commence!

Raiso saw the girl walk away... had she noticed his question? He shrugged happily, a smile still on his face as he scooped the Larvitar up and walked off. He wasn't going to follow the girl for now, since they would probably meet up at Jubilife, anyway, to do whatever he needed to do there. He stretched.

"Hey Rocky. I say it's about time we take a nap."
'Larva! Larva larva larvitar?" The green Pokemon pointed at Fait, who was walking away to the route.
"Let's leave her alone for now. I'm sure you'll meet your new friend later on, anyway. Now, for the map." Raiso pulled it out of his bookbag and inspected it carefully. "Jubilife is that way, Route 202!"
"Larva."
"Right, whatever. Did you want to go to the beach?"
"Larva... Larva larva." Rocky shook his head.
"If you say so. You are a rock type, though, so it's understandable." He yawned. "Seriously, though, I'm bummed out. I'm going to go to that route, and hope the grass is pretty darn soft."
"Larva!"
"I appreciate your enthusiasm!" Raiso smiled as he walked into the route. He found a soft patch of grass, pulled out a fleece blanket, and laid on it. Rocky followed the example, and got into a corner.

<An hour later>

"Nyeh... nyaa..." Raiso opened an eye... "ROCKY! Let go of my hand, please!" Rocky, noticing he was awake, stopped biting his trainer.
"Larva, larva, larva." It pointed towards a patch of tall grass. It seemed to be... growling?
"Shhhiinn..."
"Alright. I think that's a-" Raiso's sentence was cut off by a tackle from the newly emerged Pokemon- a Shinx.
"Hey!" The Shinx also took Raiso's apple from his pocket- a pickpocket, it was- and began to much."
"Shinx shinx shinnnnnx...." It savored the fruit, eating the entire thing.
"Thief!" Raiso yelled, but then calmed down quickly. "You can have it."
The Shinx looked at him with a glare, but it's gaze softened quickly. Nevertheless, it used a electric attack using friction on it's ur on the unsuspecting Trainer.
"Hey! So that's how you want to play, eh? Rocky, use Bite on it, quickly!"
"Larva-mmmf!" It bit the Pokemon's side, gaining a high five from it's trainer. It then used Leer, lowering the Pokemon's defenses.
"Shinnx!" The Pokemon wasn't so angry or whatever anymore- it seemed playful now- but it attacked Rocky anyway.
"Grrr... Rocky... use bite!"
"Larva!" The Pokemon sunk it's teeth into the Shinx, not at all fearing the 'Flash Pokemon' for anything in the world. It's jaw tightened, and the Shinx winced.
"Oh gosh, Rocky- that's enough!" Raiso pulled out a PokeBall, throwing it in a perfect arc, opening and encasing the Pokemon that was looking at it in awe within.

The PokeBall rocked once. Then twice... then after that, it was....
CAPTURED!

"Yes!" Raiso's voice rang out, piercing the quiet route with noise. He let the Pokemon out. It looked around.
"Shinx! Shinx! Shinnnnnnnnnnx!"
"Hey there, little guy." Raiso smiled.
"Shinx!" It's face lit up, and it smiled. It didn't seem sad at all. Raiso picked up the Pokemon and carried it in his arms.
"Well, aren't you the cheerful one!" Raiso smiled. "That's great, because so am I!"
"Shinx..." it purred, wiggling happily. She leaped out of Raiso's arms and wagged it's tail. He sat down and rubbed the Pokemon's back. Suddenly, a small jolt of electricity went up his arm.
"You're a female, right? gotta find something fitting... how about I call you..." Raiso looked up. He was no good at names, and his name for Rocky relied on texture. He wasn't going to call this thing Furry.
"Ah hah! I know! I'll call you... Raya!" The Shinx stared at him strangely. "Well, you see, your final evolution is Luxray, and then I added an -a to make it feminine. I took out the Lux- because Luxraya just sounds... strange, and corny and all that. So I decided to call you Raya, because I heard it means lightning in some language, my parents said. Them being all uber-nerdy and all that, and my father..." Raiso shook his head, frowning. "Let's not talk about that. Anyway, I'm beat! You can sleep on my blanket. I'm going to take another nap, if it's fine with you."
"Shinx... shhinn... shinn..." The Shinx stretched and curled up in a corner of the blanket.
"I'll take that as a yes..." he said, smiling. He yawned, and so did Rocky, who had been eyeing the newcomer strangely. "Good... night..." The young man collapsed, and quickly fell asleep.

NEXT TIME: A Trainer Battle?

Yamagi Sosuke: I could get naked again
Sephear: no
Yamagi Sosuke: I think that would work swell

YA | Vale | S: WoF | SAO: S | RR
Old December 25th, 2012, 05:07 PM
curiousnathan
I will find you

Spoiler:
OOC: Guys, just a little notice, I'll be a tad inactive for the next few days due to Christmas catchups with friends and family.

moderator |
lovely pair | PC live
Old December 27th, 2012, 09:37 AM
Lokiepie
ooh...Cake!

OOC: no worries curious same here really 2 year ann with my bf too so won't be on for the next couple of days

As Willow led the way back towards town, still cradling Jinxsey in her arms, she allowed her mind to wander through her day. It had been long, yes and she had now been soaked thoroughly twice. But not all of it had been that bad, after all she had met Gau and Juilan, even if they did both have their eccentricities and she had won her first battle with Jinxsey. At this a smile pressed against her lips, bringing her arms closer around the small brown fox in her arms, making him mew quietly in her grip.

When at last the Pokémon centre came into view, Willow’s paced slowed as she took in the large building for what it was. Nestled between to different red bricked structures it stood tall and proud, white walls gleaming in the sunlight while the red and white Pokémon ball symbol hung proudly above the door, a beacon to those with sick Pokémon.
Its entrance was quiet though, a few passers-by lumbering heavy shopping bags past its doors but never even glancing in its direction with Faces frowning with unknown worries.

Pressing on, Willow moved towards the doors, her trainers still squelching loudly with each step. She could feel the water bubbling up around her toes with the newly added sand scarping at her soft soles. It was a horrible feeling but one she must live with for now, she mused.

With a soft whirring noise, the doors to the Pokémon centre opened, sliding back to reveal a large reception which was filled with chairs, strewed here and there with a few potted plants. Warm colours beckoned her in from the softly coloured orange walls to the cream matt tiles which lay on the floor, but as she was about to enter, a figure to her right caused her to stop, mid-step across the threshold.

It was a boy from what she could make out, huddled down on the small grass patch outside the building. He looked like he was sleeping though. Slowly, letting Julian go on a head, Willow turned and edged towards the boy. He seemed somewhat familiar though she couldn’t put her finger on why. It was only when she was 5 steps away from the figure that she realised where she has seen him before.

When she had left the lab earlier that day she had seen him walking toward the entrance.
He couldn’t be homeless then, besides his clothes seemed clean as did his skin, in fact he looked cleaner than she did at that moment in time. So why on earth was he outside sleeping?

“ahem” she coughed, clearing her throat in a not so surreptitious manner. “You alright?” she questioned, eyeing the boy curiously, hushing a now shirting Jinxsey in her arms.

Paired with :
gimmepie
Old December 29th, 2012, 01:08 AM
Game_sloth
That guy

As the group of trainers made their way closer and closer to Pokemon center, Ike's fear and anxiety grew.

I hope they ignore me. I hope they ignore me. Was the only thing running through his mind as he sat against the cool walls of the Pokemon center, clenching the dampening grass in his hand.

The red-haired girl that Ike watched take lead was the first to approach. He had closed his eyes no more than 10 steps before she got to the Pokemon center and stopped clenching the grass.

Just keep walking.. don't mind me. He thought to himself.

Her soft footsteps stopped in front of the door and he heard the clicking of the door as she opened it. A heavier sounding pair of steps grew quieter and quieter, but she had not resumed walking yet. She had let someone proceed into the building before her. The red-haired girl was still there and Ike could feel her glaring at him.

Go on.. Just a little furth...

"Ahem" the girl coughed, interrupting his thoughts. "You alright?" she asked.

Is she talking to me? Ike questioned himself. Do I reply? Do I ignore? What if she isn't asking me and I answer for nothing.. that will draw attention.

She stands there for a brief moment, but starts to take a step into the Pokemon center.

"I'm fine, thank you," Ike said almost in a whisper as she raised her foot. He was loud enough for her to hear him, but no one else. He kept his head down and his eyes closed so as if nothing was ever said. His eyes clenched tighter and tighter as he fought the urge to get a better look at the girl he had only seen at a distance before.

It was then that his occupied pokeball started to softly shake. The soft shake became more vigorous and the pokeball started to heat up. It singed through his belt loop and hit the ground, commencing to roll towards the girls foot.

OH NO!...

Last edited by Game_sloth; December 29th, 2012 at 04:44 PM.
Old December 29th, 2012, 04:52 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies

Gau stood silently and watched what appeared to be Willow talking to a boy that appeared to be pretending he was homeless. He couldn't make out the words of either since they were whispering and were now a little ways behind Julian and himself. He wondered why this person was acting in such a peculiar manor and what he was saying to his companion.

"Willow?" he inquired after his friend before continuing "I'm going to go up and get what I forgot, see you guys for lunch soon" with that he continued into the Pokemon centre and headed up a flight of stairs to the back of the building. Unlike the escalators in the middle of the homely building these lead to staff lodgings where he had lived. He entered his old room and picked up a dusty old book from the desk.
Old December 30th, 2012, 07:54 PM
curiousnathan
I will find you

Just gonna push a little toward the second Chapter, feel free to still be in Chapter 1, but don't lag too far behind!

Chapter 2: A Toxic Situation

Jubilife City:
After conquering route 202, you finally approach the bustling city of Jubilife. You spots clowns dancing cheerfully along the streets, cars zooming past at super fast speeds, tons of people scurrying into shops, buying tons of merchandise and other wares. Or...at least, you hoped to see such. In fact, Jubilife seemed relatively dead. It was still quite ..jubilant, but it didn't seem to uphold it's normal vibrance. Perhaps it could be the suspicious Pokemon disruption? You decide to travel deeper into the city, until you finally come across an array of Grimer sliding across the ground. The sticky, toxic Pokemon leaving trails of liquid ooze behind them, spot several pedestrians, and decide to attack, hurling tons of liquid ooze at the innocent civilians. You notice how uniform the Pokemon are, and conclude that they couldn't possibly be acting completely on their own accord. You theory is proven correct, when a rather older and intimidating woman approaches you. The woman was of monstrous height and had piercing eyes. You see a glimpse of what appears to be a metal strap, strapped to her wrist, and know exactly who you've encountered. "So you're one of the bratts, who I need to disapose of hey? No problem, prepare to feel the sting of my skills!" she spat, clutching her pokeballs.

Wild Pokemon:
Spoiler:
Common:

Uncommon:

Rare:

Trainers:
Spoiler:

Life Keeper Ivy
Life Point Stake: 15 Life Energy

Objectives:
  • Defeat Life Keeper Ivy [MUST]
  • Explore Jubilife City (Visit houses, buy items, catch Pokemon etc)
You may not leave Jubilife City.

moderator |
lovely pair | PC live

Last edited by curiousnathan; December 31st, 2012 at 07:17 AM.
Old December 31st, 2012, 07:57 AM
Quicksand.

Chapter 1.1

| ♀ | Lv. 5 | Lick, Pound.

Resting on the coast of Sandgem Town, a boy in his mid-teens gazed out into the open ocean. Wild Krabby dotted the landscape, sometimes engaging each other in small territorial battles. Lumineon and Goldeen flew out of the water in what seemed to be synchronization, and Staryu rode the waves, sometimes crashing onto the beach. Inhaling the salty air, Benjamin rested against a palm tree, his starter Pokemon seated quietly in his lap. His face was blank, but his thoughts were racing all across his brain. Had I made the right decision? He thought to himself. What if I'm not strong enough? What if I …die? It was questions like these that kept the poor boy petrified. His encounter with Professor Rowan was one that he would remember for the rest of his life.

It happened just before noon. The sun was shining down as brightly as ever and only a few clouds dotted the sky. The air was crisp but not too cool, making for the perfect traveling climate. Although Ben had only lived in Sandgem for the beginning of his life, he knew the town like the back of his hand. Arriving at the laboratory, the teenager parked his bicycle outside and entered through the automatic double doors.

“Ah, Benji! It has been quite some time since the last time ive seen you,” Rowan exclaimed. “Boy, you sure have grown.” The professor wrapped his arms around the brunette, encasing him in his grasp for a few moments. Upon release, the professor tousled the boys hair and led him to the back of his lab. Removing a trey of Pokeballs from a shelf, “Go on, pick one.”

Benjamins hand floated over the trey, unsure of which to choose. Taking a few deep breaths, he decided on the Pokeball that was on the far bottom-left corner of the trey.

“Excellent!” The professor bellowed. He placed the trey back onto the shelf he received it from and handed him all the essentials he would need for beginning a Pokemon journey. Before Ben could say goodbye, the professor clutched his wrist, adding, “There is… one more thing I must inform you about, Benji.”

Confused, Benjamin tilted his head to the side. “What—what is it?”

“Its about the Life Keepers.” Rowans breaths were heavy and his voice was low. “You’ve been selected to stop them and beat them at their own game.”

Benjamin was utterly shocked. All he wanted was to escape the clutches of his boring past life, not save the region from an evil crime syndicate. “Me?!” Asked the boy. His voice was raised so high it almost cracked. Clearing his throat, “Id rather not,” he added.

Chuckling, the professor grasped Benjamin yet again and held him in his arms. “Yes, you.” Releasing his embrace, Rowan turned to his desk and shuffled through all his drawers. Locating the Life Meter, he wrapped the device around Benjamins wrist and explained every bit of the device from the inside-out.

“Well, I guess you should get going,” exhaled the professor. “Be safe, okay? And try not to die.”

Letting out a awkward giggle, Benjamin waved goodbye to Professor Rowan and exited the lab.
Old January 3rd, 2013, 12:35 PM
Lokiepie
ooh...Cake!

“alright.” Willow replied, Nodding to Gau as he passed explaining where he was goin and all the while keeping her attention on the boy on the grass. Curious as to why he was there and why, even though he had spoken to her, he continued to pretend to be asleep.
It was then, with a soft tap that the Pokéball collided with her trainer causing Willow to look down at her feet confused. The small ball had seemed to wriggle free from its trainers belt before rolling towards her, which was bizarre. She hadn’t known Pokéballs could do that, but then she didn’t know a great deal when it came to pokemon.
Eyes narrowing slightly and eye brows arched, she crouched, flexing her aching legs muscles painfully as she did so and causing her to hiss ever so slightly against the flare of agony which licked at her calves. Jinxsey, whom had be asleep happily until now, opened one lazy eye, to peer out from behind his wet frigde of nut brown fur, at the boy whom Willow had been talking to before then quizzically checking out the pokeball which now jutted against Willow’s foot. Let out a warning growl, mostly out of a projective urge in his foxy brain, Jinxsey uncurled in her arms.
At deep noise from her pokemon, willow’s grasp tightened around the small furball, as with her free arm she reached down and careful wrapped her fingers around the cool metal casing of the pokemon.
“hush, Jinxsey.” She purred, fighting the Eevee in her grasp whom was now trying with all his might to get out her grip and face down the boy. “it was just a pokeball gone wild, no threat. Rest buddy.”
Yet despite her words, jinsey still resisted to no avail however.
Straightening again, this time with the renegade ball in hand. She smiled at the boy before holding out the ball towards it’s rightful owner.
“forgive but you seem to have lost this” she giggled.

Paired with :
gimmepie
Old January 3rd, 2013, 08:18 PM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies

Gau was on his way back to the group when he decided to put Teddiursa in with the nurse, he saw no harm in getting her help whilst the others were chatting, he had already put the old journal into his pack for safe keeping.
"We'll have your pokemon back to you shortly" the familiar nurse said to him "honestly I thought you'd be in Jubilife by now with the outbreak and all"
"I'm sorry?" asked a confused Gau who'd been, as usual, wrapped up in his thoughts
"A bunch of pokemon seem to have overrun Jubilife, some people are suspecting Life Keepers. I thought with your new job and all that you'd be on your way".
"I'll be right back for Teddiursa" Gau walkd back over to his group.

Is that guy still pretending he's asleep? After talking to Willow? His curiosity would have to wait for now though, he had more important things to mention
"Willow, Julian, we need to go to Jubilife and fast."
Old January 4th, 2013, 04:25 AM
Lokiepie
ooh...Cake!

Willow paused, hand still held out towards the strange boy on the ground, when Gau;s voiced reached her. the sense of urgency in his voice was undeniable and almost made her heart faulter mid beat. What could have gotten Gau so riled? He always seemed so calm and poised that she would never in a millon years thought that Gau would act, nor sound like this.

“Pardon?” she asked, almost stuttering over the word as she focused her eyes on her friend. “but we only just got here?” which was true, and Jinx still needed treating. Glancing back at the boy on the grass she tried to smile, not really sure what to do now.

“I thought we were meant to go see the professor before we left?” she continued, opting for putting the pokeball down next to where the boy lay, before turning back to speak to Gau. “well at least I was meant to.. I said I’d go back after I picked some supplies up. He said it had been important.” At this she glanced over to Julian near the counter trying to read his expression on the matter. “just give me a couple of minutes ok? Just to sort out Jinx.”

At this she nodded apologetically at the boy next to her, before moving off into the pokemon centre without a word. After all, he had heard the conversation between her and Gau, need she explain more.

Striding over the counter, she was greeted by the nurse whom gave her a rather odd look when taking in the scruffy girls appearance

“it’s been a long day ok?” Willow answered, trying to smile encouragling at the nurse. “can I hand my Pokémon in? he is in pretty bad shape and we need to move.”

The nurse continued to look at her for a bit, eyes searching the girl until they settled on the life meter attached to her wrist, before nodding and taking Jinxsey from her arms.
“have a seat. Your Pokémon will be ready soon.”

With the nurse was gone and Willow’s eevee with her.

After that Willow returned to Gau, a grim expression set across her face as she moved toward her newly found friend, every now and then glancing over to Julian.

“ok Gau. Explain.”

Paired with :
gimmepie
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links