The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge

Notices

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Old December 11th, 2012, 06:58 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

Nature: Mild
I've got a new RP for you guys, hope you enjoy!

The Story
Spoiler:

Welcome to the Ultima Cup the world’s largest tournament and possibly the fastest way for a trainers dreams to come true. Hosted every 3 years and sponsored by Leagues from all over the world the competition in this tournament is heavy and for good reason, the best trainers from around the globe flock to this tournament for the prestige and the choice of one of these prizes
• 2.5 Million Dollars – You can do a lot with two million dollars: buy houses and cars, build a privately owned gym or renovate a previously existing one or finance a scientific expedition, the choice is yours.

• Entry into the Champion’s league of a sponsor’s region – Each regions champion league is the most watched tournament of the region culminating in the championship match at the end of the year. It is hard to win the non-professional league and gain entry to the champion’s league and the Ultima Cup serves as a second chance to those who didn't make it. This is the most commonly chosen prize but not a single Ultima winner has become a champion yet.

• Entry into the next international leagues qualifying rounds – This is the least chosen of all the prizes. The International League is the highest level of competitive battling there is: Held every 5 years only someone who has come within the top 5 (the elite four and champion) of a region’s Champion’s League may gain entry into the qualifying rounds of this competition and those who come from Ultima to this league are generally looked down upon and viewed as short-cutters who didn’t earn their place or belong in the competition. Only one Ultima winner has ever made it past their first battle in the qualifying rounds.
With prizes like these you can believe that tension is high.

Your Character
Spoiler:

You have just made it through a qualifying tournament and have arrived at Sinnoh’s Battle Zone where the competition is held. What is your motivation for being at the tournament? How will you fair? What experiences await you?

The Ultima Cup
Spoiler:

The first half of the tournament is an open roaming section with a scoring system. You can be challenged to a battle at any time and must accept any challenge given to you between 6am and 9pm. Each trainer starts with five survival points and when you lose a battle you lose a point. The first half of the tournament is over when only 8 people remain. The second half is a tourney.

Locations
Spoiler:

The Battle Zone
The main battlefield of sorts where most matches will occur. There is a pokemon centre here and the battle tower is off limits. The few permanent residents of the Battle Zone will likely try to move-tutor or sell cheap merchandise.

The Survival Zone
Most in-comp training occurs here due to the powerful wild pokemon and rugged terrain. Few official battles occur here and those that do are often very challenging.

The Resort Area
Hotel and medical services are here for competitors as well as stress counselling and ways to relax such as pools, spas and (athletic) gyms. No battling is to occur here but the Desert and Battle Zone are only a short walk or ferry ride away. During the first phase of the tournament most competitors choose to camp in the Battle or Survival Zones or joining routes. Trainers may also use the pokemon centre here’s library to research their opponents.

Stark Mountain
Trainers are advised not to battle here and to avoid it due to the dangerous heat and terrain and the more aggressive wild pokemon that sometimes turn up in the area. Trainers often hide here due to the lack of competitors but those who are caught hiding (or refusing a match) are disqualified.

The Desert
The desert whilst very small can be very dangerous during sandstorms. Only very sturdy wild pokemon are found here but there is a move tutor living in the desert who’ll happily teach an ultimate move to you in exchange for a Survival Point.

The Battle Tower
Whilst off limits during the first phase of the tournament the battle tower is the venue where the finals are held (other frontier venues are closed during the tournament). The finals last for 3 days with four matches occurring on the first, two on the second and the grand final on the third.

Rules
Spoiler:

1. All Forum Rules apply
2. You may alter your team at the pokemon centre and catch new pokemon
3. Matches between player characters are decided either by negotiation or GM decision
4. NPCs can be created and controlled at will
5. If a person does not post for a significant period of time without giving warning their character will be conveniently disqualified.
6. Pokemon from any region may be used
7. Keep things that other may consider inappropriate to a minimum
8. Any disputes are to be handled by a GM
9. Levels do not exist and pokemon evolve and learn moves in the style of the anime (at your discretion)

Sign-Up Form
Spoiler:

Name:
Age (13+):
Appearance (Description or Image):
Personality:
History and motives for entering:
Current Team as of entry (species, gender, ability, 4 moves)
Any other relevant info:

Current Players
Spoiler:

Gimmepie (GM) as Tobias Hale
Curious. as Gira Homoku
Quicksand. as Harrison Howe
Lokiepie as Rachel Hurst
CharmingAngel30 as Hikaru Amamiya
-Brooke as Kaia Rynhart
InkFrog as Jack Mesa

If you have any queries please post them here or send me a PM/VM

7 Spots Total
0 Spots Available
1 Reserved
6 Taken

Note: Reserved spots that have not been recently reserved need to complete their SU's shortly or I'll be un-reserving your spots (Not to say you can't still sign up if there is room though)

Last edited by gimmepie; December 30th, 2012 at 05:11 AM.
Old December 12th, 2012, 07:31 PM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

Well here is my SU, I'm hoping some of you follow suit soon :D

Name: Tobias Hale

Appearance: Tobias is a bit over 6ft tall and has a fairly average build. He has shaggy yet neat black hair that falls over his ears and sits at his neck in the back. He has dark blue eyes and white skin. For this tournament he is wearing light blue jeans and a white button-up shirt. He wear a black, unzipped jacket with a grey collar over this and is often seen wearing rectangular sunglasses (the one with no bottom frame). He carries a dark green back pack with him and wears a tan coloured belt around his waist that carries his pokeballs.

Personality: His personality is a bit hard to describe. He is a generally fun loving person but often surprises people with his in-depth knowledge of most subjects and with his skill in a battle. Despite being a light-hearted, albeit sarcastic, joker he also has a serious side which often surfaces when he battles. Tobias is almost always polite and friendly but it not wise to get on his bad side.

History: Tobias was born in the Kanto region but his family moved to Unova's Nimbasa City soon after. In Nimbasa Tobias' father developed drinking and gambling problems and became involved in organised crime, falling into debt and causing pain and suffering to Tobias, his mother and his younger sister who was born shortly after the move. A few years prior to the competition his family were attacked by crime syndicate debt-collectors causing his mother and sister to return to Kanto whilst he himself moved to Hoenn and lives on Route 115 in a secret base, he has been living there ever since and has participated in the Hoenn league. Recently he received contact from his estranged father asking for money to repay his debts, despite wishing to travel to other regions and compete in leagues he has put this on hold to enter the Ultima Cup and win the money required to pay of his fathers debt.

Current Team:

Arcanine (Male, Intimidate) - Extreme Speed, Solarbeam, Flamethrower, Close Combat

Gardevoir (Female, Synchronise) - Psychic, Charge Beam, Focus Blast, Shadow Ball

Aggron (Male, Rock Head) - Head Smash, Iron Head, Brick Break, Thunder Punch

Milotic (Female, Marvel Scale) - Surf, Dragon Pulse, Ice Beam, Toxic

Honchkrow (Male, Insomnia) - Calm Mind, Arial Ace, Dark Pulse, Heat Wave

Garchomp (Female, Sand Veil) - Dragon Claw, Earthquake, Stone Edge, Sand Attack

Relevant Info: Despite his friendly personality Tobias prefers to stay out of large cities due to his experiences in Nimbasa. He does however work for Devon Corp in Rustborough. Aggron was his starter (as an Aron).

Last edited by gimmepie; December 12th, 2012 at 09:43 PM.
Old December 12th, 2012, 07:50 PM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

No problem's, your spot is reserved and I'm looking forward to your SU
Old December 12th, 2012, 08:36 PM
curiousnathan
they said we could be anything

Nature: Brave
And...done! My SU is posted! Ta-da!
Old December 12th, 2012, 09:00 PM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

I like the sound of your character
He actually sounds like a lot of real people I have met which is very cool if you ask me. I can't wait to see how he play out as part of the story line. I'm also curious (no pun intended) to see why you chose a smaller lesser evolved team despite all the leeway you have team-wise.
Old December 12th, 2012, 09:01 PM
curiousnathan
they said we could be anything

Nature: Brave
All shall be revealed in good time. ;)
Old December 12th, 2012, 09:45 PM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

Sounds good to me, hopefully more people will join soon!
Old December 13th, 2012, 02:22 AM
Lokiepie
ooh...Cake!

Nature: Quirky
I will join!!! :D haha I know you already knew but i like to state hehe

will post my SU soon after the dreaded exam :D

(my replacement while a new sig is made )

Paired with :
gimmepie
Old December 13th, 2012, 03:28 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

Looking forward to it Lokie
Old December 15th, 2012, 08:33 PM
Quicksand.

are you still accepting apps?
Old December 15th, 2012, 08:58 PM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

of course I'm still accepting applications:D
Old December 16th, 2012, 07:47 PM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

I've seen quicksands SU and have accepted him, the SU will be posted here soon
Old December 16th, 2012, 09:13 PM
KoboraX
Grand Master of Themed Teams

Nature: Relaxed
Mind if I reserve a spot? I'll have my SU posted tomorrow, Tuesday the latest.

Luvdisc Solo x4
FireRed 3/8 - Ruby - Platinum - White 2
Omastar Solo - FireRed 0/8
Armaldo Solo - Emerald 0/8
Furret Solo - Silver 0/8
Pokemon Emerald Randomizer Nuzlocke - 0/8
Old December 16th, 2012, 10:03 PM
Quicksand.

heres my su! im not the greatest at coming up with teams, i usually put aesthetics before practicality lol. so if my pokemons moves seem a little out of place or underwhelming, you know why. :p

Spoiler:
Name: Harrison Howe.

Appearance: Thin as a twig and tall as a tree, there isn’t an ounce of fat on Harrisons body to be found. He’s a strict vegetarian, though can occasionally be seen nibbling on a strip of bacon. His hair is cut short on the sides, but the top of his head has long, wild waves, sometimes falling over his thick-rimmed glasses. His eyes are a pale mint green, and his lips are of a rosy hue. Though most of his time is spent inside, freckles dot his cheek bones and nose. Typically, he can be seen wearing tight black pants and a loose, grey, wide-neck shirt.

Personality: Harrison is a rude person and he knows it. If something or someone doesn’t pique his interest, he will most likely ignore it. He favors those who have a similar background as him and pays no attention to the common pleb. His face is stone cold and only shows emotion to that that he deems deserving of it. During battle, he becomes very involved. The longer the battle goes on, the more anxious and reckless he becomes. He will do anything he can to win, even at the expense of his own Pokemon. Greed is a huge motivation for Harrison, and for the right price, he’d be willing to do more than just crack a smile.

History: Being born into the upper class, Harrison always had extra to spend, no matter the cost. His father was a businessman and his mother was coordinator. They never opened up about how they met to Harry, but it was easy for him to infer that it wasn’t the classiest of ways.

Continuously moving from town to town, his parents owned two suites in Goldenrod and Celadon; it was those suites and other random hotel rooms scattered across the map Harry called home. By the age of nine, he had a mean temper and would throw himself into fits if he didn’t get what he wanted. The only way to calm him down was to let him play with his mothers Pokemon, and even that wasn’t enough sometimes.

At fifteen, Harrys mother had passed away. She was out of town with one of her clients and things had turned sour. Fortunately, this allowed Harrison to spend endless amounts of time with her Pokemon. He wanted to follow her footsteps and become a coordinator, but soon found it wasn’t exactly what he’d hoped for. Instead, he decided to become a trainer.

Looking to expand his team, Harrison used his power and contacted an illegal Pokemon trader. As he grew older, he became more reckless and more self-absorbed. He wished to become wealthier than his father and more desired than his mother. He used his youth and charm to manipulate those around him. He battled both underground and elite trainers, defeating his opponents easily with both style and strength. Joining the Ultima Cup, Harrison hopes to defeat every trainer in his path, gaining the 2.5 million dollar prize.

|| Flash Fire
Moves: Confuse Ray, Extrasensory, Heat Wave, and Hex.
Bio: One of his mothers Pokemon. After her death, Harrison inherited Ninetales and began to use it for battling. Ninetales is very relaxed and can keep calm during the toughest of battles.

| Natural Cure
Moves: Ice Beam, Power Gem, Psychic, and Scald.
Bio: One of his mothers Pokemon. After her death, Harrison inherited Starmie and began to use it for battling. Starmie is very energetic and always obedient, although it has its tendencies to be a little too playful.

|| Weak Armor
Moves: Drill Peck, Night Slash, Steel Wing, and Swords Dance.
Bio: Harrison obtained Skarmory through an illegal Pokemon trader. Although it looks intimidating, it has grown to enjoy its trainers presence.

| Levitate
Moves: Double Team, Earth Power, Psychic, and Shadow Ball.
Bio: Harrison obtained Lunatone through an illegal Pokemon trader. Its personality has adopted different traits from its masters other Pokemon.

|| Poison Touch
Moves: Drain Punch, Earthquake, Poison Jab, and Thunder Punch.
Bio:Harrison obtained Toxicroak through an illegal Pokemon trader. While he will obey his trainers orders, he neither likes nor dislikes Harrison.

|| Mold Breaker
Moves: Dragon Claw, Dragon Dance, Earthquake, and X-Scissor.
Bio: After his mother passed, one of her clients gave Harrison an Axew egg as a gift. He is the only Pokemon Harrison has trained from start to finish. He is easily angered and has been known to throw tantrums during battle.
Old December 17th, 2012, 12:57 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

Thanks quicksand and kobora I can't wait :D
Old December 17th, 2012, 08:40 AM
Lokiepie
ooh...Cake!

finished!

hope this ok :D

Name: Rachel Hurst

Appearance:
Grey converse that have seen better days cover petit feet, leading up to charcoal grey jeans which are held in place with a whipped cord belt around a thin waist. She wears a simple white t-shirt, which she covers with a bright green, cropped hoodie which is usually half way done up. Then there is her neck. Here wrapped around her throat many a time, criss-crossing, is a sky blue ribbon which holds a small silver bell, which jingles when she breathes and walks, it’s gentle tone announcing her arrival, it’s pitch no more than a whisper of wind. Atop her neck is set an oval face, where a pair of small lips, greet in a wistful smile in gentle shades of pastel pink. The oval face is framed by wild, unkempt, auburn hair. Its curls as difficult to tame as rampaging Tauros. Lastly and the most striking of the girls appearance are her eyes, framed with cream skin. They are green, deep in colour, with shaped like almonds. Spikes of electric blue running through the iris, yet strangely faded by a milky film, making them distant jewels beneath a swirling mist. She smiles, the sensation warming her cheeks, yet is deprived the chance to see her own joy. But she feels it, more so than most, as she blind eyes stare softly out into the world.

Personality:
Rachel can be seen as a hard girl at times, closed off to the world and it’s people after years of being looked down upon as something different to the norm. People often try and pity her, give her charity due to her condition, seeing this as a kindness which this red headed girl should simply accept with good grace, but if she were to do that then she wouldn’t be a Hurst’s girl.
She closes off the kind acts of charity from others, viewing these acts as a way of pitying her for her lack of sight, seeing it as a weakness. She holds a very different view. Though she cannot see, her hearing, touch, taste and smell is heightened, her hearing the most developed of the remaining 4 senses she controls, and in away believe that’s even if she can’t see, she lives more than those who can.

Quick tempered and quick witted, she is never one to turn down a battle and is not the type of person seen retreating from a losing fight, unless her pokemon are put at risk. Yet though this wild fire, rage and coldness seems to be all the girl is, there is another side. One that not many people see unless they take the time to look after the jaded exterior.

Rachel moves quietly, barely making a noise ‘cept for her bell, as a sensation of serenity pools around the quiet girl’s presence. Quiet and wise beyond years when it comes to certain subjects, she this ability to calm those around her is used to help on her home ranch with her 4 other brothers and sisters.

This peculiar talent revolved around the fact she can “sense” feelings within pokemon and people a like. Though of course she cannot talk to pokemon like she does humans, she can calm them and soothe their worries with gentle tones and songs taught to her by her grandmother. This serene side of her is rarely see by others, preferring to work alone when a Pokémon is in distress, but the end result is always the same, no matter how enrage or frightened the Pokémon is, it ends with the girl’s hand resting lightly on the Pokémon’s forehead as she sings to it quietly, hushing the world around them into a lullaby.

She has many admirers for her talents and has many friends, all of whom enjoy her happy conversation and bubbly manners, just so long as you do not look down on her.

History:
Rachel was born without sight in her home and from that point on she led what would seem a normal life to an extent, under her father’s ever watching gaze, though even her parents at times doubted her ability to handle work on the ranch she soon proved them wrong at the age of five.

She had often been left in the company of her Grandmother, a women with yellow skin tough as hide and sparkling wit which would always make the young girl smile and giggle. As the young girl grew, the grandmother saw in her, what many failed to spot. A talent towards Pokémon and people, the girl often sensing her grandmother’s mood without the woman speaking, and so she decided to develop this side of the child, teaching her old techniques in “whispering” which often revolved around old hymes belonging to the hills.

As the years went by Rachel learned, singing and listening. Lapping up all her grandmother knew until a day on a summer’s eve when she proved her worth and abilities to her family. The Tauros herd her family kept had been spooked one night and stampeded towards the house where her younger brother had been playing with his toys, the enraged pokemon blinded to the young boy no more than 2 years old, who was sat in their path.

Her mother and father had shouted in fear but could nothing bar watch their son’s pending doom, in amongst the hundreds of thundering hooves. For they were too far away to get there in time, despite their sprinting.

But then, wide eyed, they watched as their daughter appeared, wild red hair springing out at odd angles, and coming up to be no harmer than her father’s thigh. The girl stood quietly, facing the herd with un seeing eyes as the Pokémon raced towards her and her sidling. Then something happened, she opened her mouth with a smile than began to sing, soothing silk strands of voice entwining in the air around her. The herd slowed, then stooped and when the dust cleared Rachel’s parents stood staring at their daughter whose small hand lay on the forehead of the leading bull, whose head was dipped to reach her touch. A grin set across her small face.

Ever since then Rachel has been used on the ranch to help work with the Pokémon, and over the years gathered her team. Pichu was given to her by her grandmother as her first Pokémon, Ponyta was given to her when she 9 to help her travel.

Her horsea soon grew to seadra when she was 12 and so on.

Now, 16 and ready to leave the nest, she has set her eyes on the Ultima cup in a dream to prove the world wrong.

Current Team as of entry:
Raichu (Fleck) :male : static
- Iron Tail
- Thunder
- Giga Impact
-Thunder Punch

Rapidash (Niro): male : Flame Body
- Fire Blizt
- Thrash
- Hyposis
- Drill run

Espeon (Fase): Female: instint
- quick attack
- confusion
- physic
- Bite

Umbreon (Atwua): Male : Dodge
- Bite
-hyper beam
-moon light
- confuse ray

Seadra (Mara): Female : Sniper
-smoke screen
-hydro pump
- Dragon pulse
-razor wind

NidoKing(Rex): Male : Poison Point
- Trash
-hyper beam
- Iron Tail
-sucker punch

Paired with :
gimmepie
Old December 17th, 2012, 04:18 PM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

Lokie you're accepted. I'm posting the IC now
Old December 22nd, 2012, 06:39 AM
Lokiepie
ooh...Cake!

eeks yay, any news on the IC thread??

Paired with :
gimmepie
Old December 22nd, 2012, 07:34 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

Still waiting for this and my other RPs OOC to be accepted, should be done soon though.
Old December 22nd, 2012, 11:53 AM
-brooke
not gonna raichu a love song

Nature: Sassy
May I reserve a spot? :3
My SU will be done today, I just need to do some housework before I start to write it out.

Be content where you're at, regardless of your circumstances.
Old December 22nd, 2012, 06:54 PM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

Sure, looking forward to it
Old December 22nd, 2012, 07:49 PM
CharmingAngel30
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Hasty
Name: Hikaru Amamiya

Age (13+): 17

Appearance (Description or Image): Hikaru has blue hair and eyes. He is tall man around his age. He wears a choker with a silver cross. He is most often seen in his black school uniform, but he has been seen in other black (or indigo) outfits.

Personality:
Hikaru is enigmatic, aloof, stoic and a little naughty, much like an alley cat. He can also be sweet and kind. He likes teasing people. Hikaru is selfless and protective, thus, he is willing to distance himself from those he cares in order to protect them and stop them from getting embroiled in his own troubles.

History and motives for entering: Hikaru born in Johto, but lived on Hoenn. Hikaru is lived alone in a journey because he hates his parents. When Hikaru is in out-of-money condition, all of his pokemon agree to enter the tournament to be rich. He then take and adventuring to the tournament with all of his pokemon.

Current Team as of entry (species, gender, ability, 4 moves):

1.Persian (M)(Technician)(Classy Cat)
- Night Slash
- Shadow Claw
- Pay Day
- Icy Wind

2. Kingdra (F)(Swift Swim)(Dragon)
- Aurora Beam
- Dragon Pulse
- Dragon Dance
- Scald

3. Nuzleaf (M)(Early Bird)(Wily)
- Worry Seed
- Razor Leaf
- Dig
- Low Kick

4. Chandelure (F)(Flame Body)(Luring)
- Hex
- Flame Burst
- Energy Ball
- Dark Pulse

5. Togekiss (F)(Serene Grace)(Jubilee)
- Fly
- Flamethrower
- Extrasensory
- Aerial Ace

6. Leavanny (M)(Overcoat)(Nurturing)
- Leaf Blade
- X-Scissor
- Poison Jab
- Air Slash

Any other relevant info:None
Old December 22nd, 2012, 09:25 PM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

Angel you are accepted but please elaborate a little bit more on his appearance and on why he hates his parents.
Old December 22nd, 2012, 11:06 PM
InkFrog
Togepi

Is there room for one more person? I'd really like to join, I can get a character sheet out soon!

Sam Heights in Tainted Waters
TEAM:

Jack Mesa in Ultimate Tournament
TEAM:
Old December 22nd, 2012, 11:37 PM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

I'll reserve you a spot. Please have your SU in shortly.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links