Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Advance Generation
Notices

Advance Generation The hallmark of sprite-based Pokémon gaming, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald set you off on an adventure in the watery Hoenn region with tons of diverse Pokémon to discover. Fans of Kanto can reexplore their favorite region in FireRed and LeafGreen. Here you'll find other fans who enjoy talking about the Pokémon, strategy, and techniques to master this generation.

View Poll Results: Which is your favorite?
Pokémon Ruby 26 10.12%
Pokémon Sapphire 29 11.28%
Pokémon Emerald 202 78.60%
Voters: 257. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 5th, 2013, 03:25 PM
Jill Valentine
Nexios Leader

Nature: Sassy

Advertise here
I'm going with Emerald too had alot of new stuff although it still didn't have johto though
September 28th Daylight, the monsters have overtaken the city somehow....I'm still alive...
Old September 27th, 2013, 02:55 AM
TheAmazingSpiderMan
Aka Ansirent

Nature: Gentle
emerald is best i think. you can also go to battle frointer in Emerald but not in R/S. Emerald is A Directors cut game of R/S and its good then R/S but its harder then both of this game
Old September 27th, 2013, 07:10 AM
Sven

Nature: Relaxed
Well, theoretically speaking, Emerald wins in every single way since it's same as S/R, but better. Apart from some exclusive Pokemon Emerald has.

However, Sapphire will always be the first game I've played so in a way I will always remember of that.
Old September 27th, 2013, 02:48 PM
Powalen
the Dark Sovereign

Emerald is not only my favorite game of this trio, but my favorite game of all time. I find it to be flawless and I can play it countless times. GF really outdid themselves with this game.

"By force of will!"
Old September 28th, 2013, 09:35 PM
Ari Niko
Sincerity

Nature: Bold
Emerald >>>>>>>>>>>>

The game was just stunning, everything about it. I also really liked facing both teams rather than just one (though it seemed as if Magma was more an ally than an enemy)
5026-4431-0126 - 3DS FC | Soundcloud
Old October 15th, 2013, 05:25 PM
GreyVirgo
•=ØInfinityØ=•

Nature: Serious
Emerald to the Max! Emerald's the best because you can get the legendary trio (Kyogre,Groudon,Rayquaza) in the game and I like other features that Gamefreak added to the game as Ruby and Sapphire were the base but they were boring but the Thing that I like most in Emerald is the Battle Frontier.
Pair: Saturnus

Other Forums Im In:

EGC Account: Grey
PHO Account: XLR8
LV Account: Grey

"I love making out with lamps!" - Nigahiga
Old October 20th, 2013, 04:57 PM
mrpokemonxy

Gotta say emerald because storyline is bigger and more events to do.
Old November 17th, 2013, 12:52 PM
Alex
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Alex
I like Emerald the best, because it was my very first Pokémon game. After beating it, Ruby and Sapphire just seemed to barren for me to fully enjoy. :/
Old November 18th, 2013, 10:27 AM
devastatinq

I personally love Emerald the most, as others do too, for the same reasons, actually.
There's just those minor differences that make it a better game, in my opinion.
Prepare for trouble...
Old November 19th, 2013, 06:08 AM
ilias_

Nature: Calm
I never bought Emerald because my cousin had it and we were playing Pokemon together back then. I can see why people prefer it over Ruby&Sapphire but my favorite is Sapphire for nostalgic reasons
3DS Friend Code: 2595 0605 8229

Friend Safari:
Type: Fire.
Pokémon: Slugma, Magmar & Braixen.
Old November 19th, 2013, 08:42 AM
Gardevoir the Dragon Slayer

Ruby I guess, I wanted Sapphire but they only had ruby in the shop. But I think it works better a Team Magma as the bad guys and Team Aqua as the good guys.
Am not to keen on Emerald beacuse I preferred it when one team was bad and the other good, plus Steven is better as the Champion rather than Wallace.

Old November 19th, 2013, 10:07 AM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
Pokemon Saphire because Team Aqua are the villain( which is usual for an ninja to like pirates)
Old November 19th, 2013, 10:17 AM
Pike Queen
La Exorcista

Nature: Lonely
Emerald because you get to battle both teams, and double battle with Steven FTW. <3

Banner made by a friend on another forum!

"What an excellent day for an exorcism."

If you play Mario Kart Wii or Brawl online, let meh know!
Old December 6th, 2013, 02:02 AM
TheRestlessSoul

I prefer emerald as it was my first game i ever got and it just has all these extra features such as the battle frontier, which was really great but it also had may smaller differences, such as the click that the poke ball made when the pokemon was caught.. things like that made it just that little bit better to me
Currently Playing: Pokemon Y

3DS Friend Code: 0619-4568-7335

Friend Safari:

National Dex Completion: 51%

Shiny Pokemon:
Old December 6th, 2013, 08:11 AM
Sopheria
Your Favorite Senpai
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I'd have to say Emerald is the best. Like others said, it's the little things. The Battle Frontier was great, I liked fighting both Team Aqua and Team Magma, and it majorly improved the double battle system. Ruby and Sapphire seemed like they were still kind of testing the waters with double battles, like a prototype or something. Emerald is where it really shines. The one thing I don't really care for in Emerald is how you have to wait until you get to Lilycove to do the Pokemon contests. The contests were really fun, but in Emerald you have to wait until you're practically done with the game to do them.

But Emerald is definitely the best of the three IMO.
Old December 6th, 2013, 03:10 PM
LegendaryBulbasaur

Emerald hands down
1.More Pokemon
2.Extra Features
3.More Double Battles :3
Old December 7th, 2013, 06:12 PM
Mara
All your base are belong to us

Nature: Rash
I liked Ruby a lot because you got to battle Team Magma :p But I really loved Emerald because you were able to battle both teams and it had new features.
Old December 7th, 2013, 06:57 PM
大輔
Adventurer

Nature: Modest
I played Sapphire first and then Ruby I think... but Emerald topped both of the other ones because it was a mixture of Ruby and Sapphire.

Credit goes to PaperJoey
BW2 Champions

~CHECK MY MUSIC OUT~
Old December 9th, 2013, 07:28 PM
SnailCandy
Bass Dropper

Nature: Lonely
I prefer Emerald on almost all terms except that it's missing some of my favorite pokemon. The biggest offender is Masquerain, who is in my top 5 Bug pokemon conceptually. Other than that, I generally take Emerald and any of the 3rd in the set of any of the generations. Yellow, Crystal, Platinum, you name it!

"It takes someone strong to stand up for themselves, yet someone stronger to stand up for others" ~Unknown
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here