The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Art & Design

Notices

Art & Design For digital, traditional, design, photography and mixed media art, Pokémon-related or not. Showcase or discuss anything related to the visual arts here.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 4th, 2014, 07:59 PM
1zanag1
Every trainer has a choice...

Nature: Bold

Advertise here
wow.

I cant seem to add to all the things that others have already said on your works, I just love the way the lines seem to be so bold. I loved all the wallpapers, and your One piece art is just OMG.

Off topic, but.... How the heck did you create such a fanceh post??? I mean, the fonts, the little borders and stuff..... CSS?? If so, what exactly did you do?? I'm curious cause Im new....

On topic again, I would suggest you to practice your anatomy more. Its amazing, but so much to be improved. I do a lot of guesture drawings daily to get that flow going.

Its commendable to draw from imagination (which i still cant) and not mess up, but try and try until you succeed!!! *thumbsup*

PS: That mudkip and phanpy doodle is so proooooo.... ♥

Stay in touch. Everywhere.

You and me and Pokemon. ♫
Old February 5th, 2014, 11:38 AM
Fairy
loves you

Actually, haha, you bring up a good point. Please bare in mind that some of the art here is currently very, very old. I used some old stuff as filler before I became a mod here and needed 4 pieces of art to open a gallery.

It seems it is time for the great purge; which is good, honestly, because my emphasis has become more about animation/pixel art. But I appreciate your comments nonetheless! Thank you very much!

When I get a chance, I'll post up some things you can read to improve your CSS skills. :)
Old February 15th, 2014, 03:23 PM
Fairy
loves you

So I did a few things lol

Made some aesthetic changes from the original and animated it; credits go to lionheart214

And a Valentine's Day card for PC. :)
Old February 22nd, 2014, 09:09 PM
Fairy
loves you

Hey look! A wild cute drawing appeared!

20 minute doodle for my boyfriend. We were going over his favorite Pokemon and I was mindlessly drawing along. This was the result lmao. I love my boyfriend so much. I'm the Sandshrew btw.

Edit: I'm emptying/organizing my photobucket account, and unfortunately it's caused some of the image links of my art to break; thus not loading any image. Don't worry, it'll all be back soon enough. :)

Last edited by Fairy; February 22nd, 2014 at 11:42 PM.
Old March 10th, 2014, 11:01 AM
Fairy
loves you

So, I finally took a crack at making my own icons! I've been working on making a series of them for a little project, and after a long time and a bit of work, I think I finally have a decent result. Some of them are definitely not up to the highest of standards, while others I damn near ruined by tweaking them too much. However, I'd like to think of this as my own little process of learning and studying the art of icons in order to better myself as an artist. I'd love to one day return to Dante the gift (or rather gifts) he gave me a year ago. So, in no specific order:

Old March 15th, 2014, 04:01 PM
antemortem
resign to your demons

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to antemortem
awww, that doodle is super cute! I bet your boyfriend adored it. :3c

I'm in love with your icons, especially these:

They're cute, beautiful, and excellently made. :] Sorry I can't offer up more of a comment, or something that you deserve. That's just what I can think of right now! :(
[4:32:35 AM] Shinx: my nipples are permanently erect
Old March 17th, 2014, 12:37 PM
Fairy
loves you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
awww, that doodle is super cute! I bet your boyfriend adored it. :3c

I'm in love with your icons, especially these:

They're cute, beautiful, and excellently made. :] Sorry I can't offer up more of a comment, or something that you deserve. That's just what I can think of right now! :(
Please, my boyfriend is so tired of my dedicating cute drawing to us, I'm sure by now it's not nearly impressive as it used to be (although I'm sure he'd argue otherwise lol).

Ah, you picked some of my favorites as well. The corgis haha, those were initially supposed to be "joke" icons, as none of them actually contain fairies. After all, who says that puppies can't be magical? Well, the more I thought of it, the more they became dear to me. Corgis are awful cute, aren't they? :)

Icon making is definitely a field of art I want to explore more. I'm learning that my artistic skills don't come into play as much as I always assumed. A lot of rules from other schools of art seem to rule, and it's something I'm very much enjoying. I haven't taken up color manipulation as much as I probably should, but right now I'm focusing more on superficial aesthetics so I don't end up overworking everything.

Listen to me go, haha. Thanks so much for the support, dear. If I haven't already said this, you're free to use these. n_n;

Also everyone should go check out my main page cause I worked really hard to make it the most ostentatious, pretentious, and princess-pink regurgitation of my suppressed childhood that even the most Victorian of 12 year old baronesses would gasp at its sheer opulence.
Old March 17th, 2014, 12:45 PM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

These are all deliciously colored, especially the above. I'm always a fan of your work, my dear. I wish I could say more, but I'm speechless over your endless talent. I adore your princess-pink CSS makeover too! :D
Old March 19th, 2014, 06:29 PM
Fairy
loves you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith View Post

These are all deliciously colored, especially the above. I'm always a fan of your work, my dear. I wish I could say more, but I'm speechless over your endless talent. I adore your princess-pink CSS makeover too! :D
Man, you guys aren't supposed to be nice, you're supposed to critique! >:x

Nah, I'm just joking. I really appreciate the support. That said, if there are any tips, please let me know! I'm definitely looking to improve in any way, since this is kind of something I want to get into. Not seriously, but just for myself, you know? Thanks so much Blade, ilubb.

Anyway, I'll probably have a new batch of icons up sometime soon. Special thanks to moments. for the awesome icon in my main page. <3
Old March 20th, 2014, 03:59 AM
morrison

Nature: Quiet
Your gallery really shows a lot of awesomely well done art. You surely invest a lot of time and skill in these pictures. I also like your sprites too, the Snivy one is great, it conveys exactly the feel of the first generation games . Your Wallpapers look really dynamic .

Pokemon Hardmode Sapphire Comic
starts as b/w but turns colourful a couple of pages later
Old March 20th, 2014, 11:47 AM
Fairy
loves you

Thanks so much for the support! n_n

Funny you should mention my Snivy Devamp. The whole reason I did that was because of a staff collab. We were all coordinated to be different Gen I pokemon. But, of course, I had to break the mold. So I created a Sylveon Devamp (should be next to the Snivy), which lead to the creation of a few other devamps. Honestly, I always considered re/devamping to be the lowest echelon of spriting; but I was so terribly wrong. After a lot of difficulty, I finally came to a result I was happy with haha.

The story's actually longer, but I'll spare you lol. @_@; Thanks again for your kind words! I really appreciate it!
Old March 24th, 2014, 05:44 PM
qOptic

One of the best galleries in PC. I freaking love all of your work and absolutely adore the mudkip and phanpy artwork the most. Keep doing what you're doing and I'll keep pleasuring my eyes looking at your artwork.

I just go with the flow, I follow the yellow brick road. I don't know where it's going to lead me, but I follow it.

Old March 25th, 2014, 05:20 PM
Fairy
loves you

Ahhh thank you so much! :) I'll be the first to admit, I'm not drawing as much as I was before, but I've taken up other artistic hobbies that I just love and will continue to update on a semi-regular basis; so please come back! My Fairy Garden is happy to accept your company. :)
Old March 29th, 2014, 10:50 AM
Fairy
loves you

icon update

Continuing with my fairy theme. Looking to marginally improve. I like this batch more than the last one though.

sprite update

Few things this time. Nidoking recolor for Puddle. Absolocked/Mega Absolocked for Absol. Two userbars for Puddle's club, "pure power". A Glaceon repositioning for Ninja Paladin. And an Aromatisse serving tea. This one's a treat for me haha. I'm going to animate her when I find the time.

animations

I'm pretty proud of these, to be honest. My happy, jumping little Slurpuff. Started as line art for a sprite for my own personal use, then turned into a whole thing haha. But I had a lot of fun with it. :) Free to use, just credit.
Old March 29th, 2014, 12:26 PM
Ninja Paladin
Community Supporter

Nature: Hardy
Very nice, your spriting is making me jealous

FC: 2122-7342-8697 IGN: Telrean
Old March 30th, 2014, 12:52 PM
Fairy
loves you

Thank you so much. ;o; It's hard to think that my spriting career is still so short lived. It may sound conceded of me, but I'm really happy with the work I've put in and the results I've gotten.

Oh and real quick, in my sig.

Princess Zelda. Counter to Link.
originally I was going to be Navi because I'm already a fairy but..
Old April 3rd, 2014, 08:39 PM
Fairy
loves you

I kinda.. fell in love with Owl because his username is just..

so I made this
Old April 5th, 2014, 02:06 PM
JessQuercus
Secretly Superman

Nature: Jolly
I'm not the best with complimenting people, but...

your artwork is so amazing! As I got further and further into it, I got more and more impressed. Not only are you good with pixels (especially in Animal Crossing, gosh I suck at ACNL clothes), you are good at drawing ;o;. Talk about jaw drop.
Old April 5th, 2014, 10:09 PM
Black Mage
Master of the Elements
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
It's lovely to see my little Fairy doing so well still. And your work has improved as well. That Aromatisse serving tea sprite is what my dreams are made of. Well done my dear.
Old April 5th, 2014, 10:57 PM
Fairy
loves you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Mage View Post
It's lovely to see my little Fairy doing so well still. And your work has improved as well. That Aromatisse serving tea sprite is what my dreams are made of. Well done my dear.
You bring a tear to my eye poppa magic. :') Thank you so much. I plan on animating that little cutie Aromatisse, do a little twirl. Add a cute apron to her. Something nice to go with Slurpuff.

Anywho, I have some marginally darker art. It's a work in progress. I wanted to do something different, and this was the result. "Angels own no Demons".
note
The following may not be suitable to all ages.
The following is suitable for members under the age of 13 due to mild nudity and violence
Spoiler:

Naturally, it still needs a lot of work. And, no, the fabric around her woohoo isn't supposed to be there, but I threw it in last minute because I was hesitant about posting art with primary sexual characteristics. This will not be included in the final version, but there will still be censorship in the form of the scythe's hilt. So yeah!
Old April 5th, 2014, 11:07 PM
Slayr231
Aspiring Writer, or something...

Nature: Calm
It's kind of cool to see your unfinished art. I can see the circles and some of the techniques you used to make the final parts of this. I could never draw something like that. I like how everything has a dark feel to it. You can easily tell which one is the demon, and which one is the angel, but there's something off about the angel. I'm talking from a character perspective. The art itself is beautifully drawn, so don't worry about that. I was just saying that even though the angel is, well... an angel, there's still something sinister about her.

You've gotten a lot of compliments, and you've deserved each and every one. Good job!
Old April 7th, 2014, 03:21 PM
Cordelia
Banned

Nature: Sassy
Jo, I am simply flabbergasted at how good of an artist you are and you just keep improving! That is so awesome~ I really love your California girl animated gif... and your range is insane. Just keep up the great work and please continue to share with us.

Love you sis! ♥
Old April 12th, 2014, 04:23 AM
Fairy
loves you

Made some Xerneas icons! :)
enjoy

Last edited by Fairy; April 12th, 2014 at 04:49 AM.
Old April 13th, 2014, 06:28 AM
NiirB

Holy cow this is all so amazing
Old April 16th, 2014, 07:37 PM
Fairy
loves you

Haa thank you! Trying to expand my comfort zones a bit.

I got a mess of stuff I think.

Original (yellow hair) was made by another artist. I added more frames to the base and animated it. I also made a trio to follow, because I just love the simplistic, minimalistic style of tiny floating fairies. So consider it a tribute piece. <3

Annnddd

My fairy silhouette with a custom pixel damask pattern.

Sponsored Links

Advertise here