The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Trade Corner

Notices

Trade Corner Having trouble completing your Pokédex? Looking for a certain Pokémon or have a rare one to offer? This is your forum. Everything related to wireless trades can be discussed here.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 10th, 2013, 11:34 AM
Pära

Nature: Serious
I try and nickname most of my pokemon; It gives me distinction between other Pokémon because I've put a bit of creativity into them.
Old September 20th, 2013, 07:45 PM
CoffeeDrink
Koffi~

Nature: Bold
I started nicknaming all of my pokemon in White. I started off by naming my starter, Snivy, Liquid. Some of them I've really thought about and some of them I haven't. There are also a few that I've forgotten or can't explain anymore.
Anyways ere are a few, koff~

Victini to Vicky
Liepard to Crulio
Seismitoad to Bose
Swadloon to Leafeater
Solosis to Osbrosis
Klink to Clockwerk
Durant to Pants
The obvious Virizion to Verizon
Swanna to Pekish
Trubbish to Hefty
Drifloon to Baroon
Haxorus to Lahrghwdyz
Scolipede to Wheels
Tranquill to Bobabod
Bulbasaur to R
Called it like it was with Bibarel to Dumbface
Cranidos to Spinal Tap
Bagon to Bagel
Metagross to Metalicka
Lileep to Reaper
Seviper to Naked (not what you think at first)
Sharpedo to Cleaver
Swellow to Sbaro
Stantler to Trstiy
Elekid to Plug me in
Qwilfish to poofish
Magikarp to Sprashattk
Kingler to Imitation
Marowak to Bonedust
Muk to Mercury
Golbat to G1 Sprite
A meowth called Hank
Raichu to Civinity
Wartortle to Wade
And a Heracross called Megalon

This list is short compared to what I've named them all. I'm still working on edging out the trades and making them my own. If you have any questions as to what I've named a certain pokemon, feel free to ask. I'm sure I have a wonderful name stored away, koffi~
Old September 20th, 2013, 08:23 PM
The Cutest Sylveon In The World's Avatar
The Cutest Sylveon In The World

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Skype™ to The Cutest Sylveon In The World
I always nicknamed my Pokemon. Always. Pokemon to me feel incomplete without a nickname... it's like giving them a nickname gives them a more personal feel.

Although I've gotten slightly better over the years at the actual nicknaming process, haha. I can't say I remember any recent nicknames of mine off the top of my head and unfortunately my DS is not with me, but they're certainly better than my old names such as Charmy the Charmander or Lightning the Raichu... or Authora the Lugia. (When I was about 9 or so, I tried nicknaming my Lugia Aurora, but misspelled it pretty bad.)
Old September 21st, 2013, 12:57 AM
Elaitenstile
Sea turtles, mate.

Nature: Naive
Well, I prefer not to get Pokémon with nicknames, because my taste is to change them every five minutes. Perhaps I can be satisfied if it is punny or funny, but mostly I want them to be nicknamed their species name.
I can't remember any of my nicknames because, like I said, I change them every five minutes.

I'm Captain Jack Sparrow.

Savvy?
#johnnydeppjacksparrow
Previously known as ★Hoenn★

Old October 4th, 2013, 08:36 PM
Hibicakes

Nature: Modest
Love nick-naming Pokémon! It makes them feel special to me and, being a role-player, gives me a sense of personality with them. I have the theme of naming my Pokémon after my favorite thing: Food! (And herbs, spices, etc.) Rapidash is Cayenne, Emolga is Sancerre, Haxorus is Avocado and so on. It's been a challenge for me to pick out names, but that's the fun part. I don't name legendaries though.

When it comes to trading however, I don't mind receiving a Pokémon with one as long as they aren't inappropriate or out of place. Like a Charizard named Squirtle. But typically I don't trade for trained Pokémon that I can't nickname or have the original name to.
Old October 7th, 2013, 03:30 PM
Water Gym Leader
Arlyn Aquos

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Water Gym Leader
I once got a Turtwig Named TreeF***er. Why?

3DS FC: 0903-4056-8403
3DS XL FC: 0404-6887-6558
~~DIVING DEEP~~ (A Water Pokemon Fan Club)
Old October 20th, 2013, 01:02 PM
Rufio

Nature: Quiet
I just got a Kadabra named F***ot.....Uncool bro...uncool....
Old October 21st, 2013, 01:14 PM
Chotix

I recently began nick naming. It adds a personal flair. I like to. Nickname wonder trade pokemon something humorous.

Pokemon conquest is awesome
Old October 24th, 2013, 01:25 PM
ChattyTiger

I got a ditto from the Wonder Trade a few days ago named 5DollarFtLong xD

As for myself nicknaming, I like to if I can think of a good one.
Old November 3rd, 2013, 06:58 PM
Kumo163

I love nick names, I love seeing the creativity of others. I nickname all the pokemon I catch that I don't intend to go into trade. I got a durant named "Squidwerd" (exact spelling). I kept him just for that name XD. I've got a steelix named "thumper" on X, looooove him.
Old December 13th, 2013, 12:12 PM
kirbasaur
Human-Ivasaur hybrid

Nature: Hasty
nick naming seams to give the pokemon a personality(besides nature) like i usually nick name my bulbasaurs Dino because they look like little grass dinosaurs
Old December 14th, 2013, 02:46 PM
Harmonious Fusion
Wassee en chs Sublimation!

Nature: Bashful
I like appropriate nicknames, especially silly ones. I've actually kept a few wonder trade Pokemon solely because they were nicknamed, like Sir Noms the (female) Gulpin.

Alder. Alder, are you blind.

Old December 22nd, 2013, 10:56 AM
Kokocat
Burning Young Heart

Nature: Jolly
I recently received a Furfrou nicknamed Lucy in a Wonder Trade. I checked the OT and it was indeed the person who traded her. I was going to put her back into the wonder roulette when I noticed she came in a Luxury Ball... This person must have cared about this pokemon I thought, so I decided to keep her. We go to the salon everyday :3

I like nicknamed pokemon if their clever, but I'm sad if I find out later the pokemon came from a nuzlocke gone bad =/

3DS - Friend Code: 1478-4296-0129
Black - Friend Code: 2452-7652-4136

[
Old December 24th, 2013, 09:24 AM
Sopheria
Fight Like A Girl

If it was a Pokemon that I intend to use in battle, I just breed it. If it was just for Pokedex completion, it makes no difference to me.

Old December 26th, 2013, 04:08 AM
Kirschwasser
Knight of Selphia

All of my Pokémon have nicknames, so it looks odd when I get one without a nickname...

Oh, speaking of bad Pokémon names, someone traded me a Trubbish named H* Bag. Really, dude? Really?!!

"I'll protect you, Lest!" ~Forte
Old January 1st, 2014, 06:51 PM
CptSwaggerPants
Hi, I'm John Wayne..JK, I CAMP

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to CptSwaggerPants
I love nicknames, I won't even trade most of the time if I can't nickname them.

And I give them awful nicknames too, to annoy people like: LLCruelJ, Godlyboner, White Power and so fourth.

I just gave two shinies for a normal 4IV Dratini because the fact it had a very offensive nickname lol.

Skuntank Pro

Almost always online. X/Y FC: 0189 9159 0185

LF: Arceus 5/6 IV or shiny Giratina Adamant 5/6IV.
Old January 1st, 2014, 07:01 PM
Sage Ghetsis
Necrum Warrior

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSwaggerPants View Post
I love nicknames, I won't even trade most of the time if I can't nickname them.

And I give them awful nicknames too, to annoy people like: LLCruelJ, Godlyboner, White Power and so fourth.

I just gave two shinies for a normal 4IV Dratini because the fact it had a very offensive nickname lol.
I hate annoying nicknames, and I'm sure many people don't appreciate it, but sometimes people give stuff awesome nicknames. I myself like to put thought into it and only nickname Pokemon that are really important to me, like my IV bred Larvitar I called Behemoth, after the legendary monster of the same name.
Old January 1st, 2014, 07:31 PM
CptSwaggerPants
Hi, I'm John Wayne..JK, I CAMP

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to CptSwaggerPants
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecrumWarrior View Post
I hate annoying nicknames, and I'm sure many people don't appreciate it, but sometimes people give stuff awesome nicknames. I myself like to put thought into it and only nickname Pokemon that are really important to me, like my IV bred Larvitar I called Behemoth, after the legendary monster of the same name.

I do it for the soul purpose of being annoying but also, I don't trade these Pokemon out. I keep them all and wonder trade off ones I don't bother to nick name. I named my Tyranitar YOLORANITAR lol. I see a lot of Pokemon wonder traded, with myth and ancient names. I usually Google them and learn something, pretty neat.

Skuntank Pro

Almost always online. X/Y FC: 0189 9159 0185

LF: Arceus 5/6 IV or shiny Giratina Adamant 5/6IV.
Old January 5th, 2014, 01:21 PM
WonderfulWhiscash
Murderous Magikarp

Nature: Hasty
I did wonder trade a Psyduck named Mothaducker once. I always like to nickname things, and if it's not nicknamed, I refuse to use it! I have to breed myself a new one because yes, I'm that picky about it
Old January 9th, 2014, 12:45 PM
meerkat

I prefer to leave pokemon names as they are as they are special on its own! and no need to change it. i traded once and received raichu named electra, was very disappointed, would prefer raichu with actual raichu name, it was named for a reason
Old January 18th, 2014, 06:27 AM
Imperator161

When playing through the game, I like to nickname all of my Pokémon. I find it gives them more personality and helps me feel more attached to them. Later on, though, when breeding or catching Pokémon for dex completion, I often don't bother to nickname them, as it takes too long. I figure at that point that if I end up with a Pokémon I want to use, I can always go back and nickname it later.

I like receiving nicknamed Pokémon in trades only if they're well-named. In other words, the nickname must fit the Pokémon, must not be rude/insulting (so no swearing, racism, general stupidity, etc.), and must be something I can read (i.e., no Japanese names--I like to be able to pronounce my Pokémon's nicknames).

When trading Pokémon to others, though, I generally don't nickname them because my impression is that most players don't like nicknamed Pokémon. In some ways, I wish we could rename Pokémon received in trades, because I don't really like to use un-nicknamed Pokémon on my teams, but most traded Pokémon I receive either lack nicknames or have nicknames I don't like very much.
Old January 26th, 2014, 12:47 PM
Arma
Actually not mad at all

Nature: Jolly
I've given every Pokemon I caught or hatchet a name. The ones I'm not planning on training usually get funny names, or get named after celebrities. XD

Though most people wont enjoy them, I think one or two people had to laugh upon getting a Geodude named Will Smith or a Mudkip named Vin Diesel in wonder trades.
Old February 7th, 2014, 06:08 PM
Zenfyre

Nature: Lax
I always try to nickname the Pokemon I use. I usually name them after characters, mythological figures, Latin words or foreign names. It adds sentimental value to them and it just doesn't feel right to me if they're not nicknamed. On certain occasions I might change their name to something I feel sounds better (if I am able to).

As for trades, it really depends on the name itself. If I like it enough I'll keep it. If I don't like it I'll just trade it after I have no more need of it. All caps names bother me so I usually end up GTS trading those. Offensive nicknames will be deleted as soon as possible, though I've never got any thankfully.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Friend Safari: FLYING type
P i d g e y | H o o t h o o t | H a w l u c h a

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3DS Friend Code:0516-8351-9948
Old February 7th, 2014, 06:15 PM
isthatyoudan
Awesome Possum!

I don't care about the nicknames of other people's Pokémon if they aren't stupid or swear words or something like that.

People would probably not like trading with me if they don't like nicknames. Some of my Pokémon have weird stories behind their names, like my Charizard named Galaxian. On the other hand, most of my Pokémon are named the first name I could think of that starts with the first letter of their names, like Peter the Pansage.
Old February 7th, 2014, 11:09 PM
Yukiyo Kayume
The Leviathan

it depends if the name is cute or funny, but I prefer to have Pokemon that I nicknamed myself c:

Friend Code: 2148-9230-3068
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links