Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > The Treehouse
Reload this Page March Maaaadness

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

The Treehouse For the everyday ramblings of the masses.

Closed Thread

Old February 3rd, 2013 (10:06 PM).
Team Johto
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by ⊗Slenderman⊗:
What would it be like if you could be banned from real life?
That just popped into my head and I want to know you guys' opinions.
From real life as whole? I'd imagine you'd be stuck in purgatory. Which I've always pictured as some sort of waiting room with endless elevator music playing and the temperature set to just above annoyingly uncomfortable.

Quote:
This place seems more like a site for Pokemon fans than an actual Pokemon forum. I mean most of the new users come for the ROM hacking and the newest games but a lot of the older members I've noticed come mainly for other chat.
Yeah, I've always thought that as well. At least once I integrated into the forums way back when. It was as if most of the consistently active users posted in everywhere but the Pokemon related forums. At least until it was time for a new generation to pop up, then everyone's suddenly a fan again.
Old February 3rd, 2013 (10:07 PM).
fun in the sun
Team Kanto
Platinum Tier

Nature: Brave
Quote originally posted by ⊗Slenderman⊗:
I meant being banned from living. But not necessarily dying. Just not being allowed to live.

I don't know. It's 1am here and my mind goes a little weird when I'm tired.
When you put it like that... I wouldn't know. It'd essentially be like living as a spirit - nobody knows you're there, and you can't interact with things. It'd be hard.
Old February 3rd, 2013 (10:11 PM).
Back to PC~
Team Unova
Silver Tier

Nature: Quiet
I imagined it more like being trapped in this dark room where nothing exists. And you're stuck there forever. I guess like an equivalent to the death penalty?
Old February 3rd, 2013 (10:14 PM).
Gone
Team Johto

Quote originally posted by Livewire:
I've actually noticed this too, OC&D is like a haven for the older members, in terms of age and in terms of how long you've been on the site. Plus I think newer users can be kind of intimidated by all the staff that post here and by people rocking post counts in the thousands and tens of thousands, haha.
I remember when I first joined I was a little intimidated to post here because of the staff members and the users that were here since 2004-2006, but now that I'm older and been around longer I just post whatever comes to mind.
Old February 3rd, 2013 (10:22 PM).
fun in the sun
Team Kanto
Platinum Tier

I remember when I first joined, I was in it for Rom Hacking. I looked at people's postcounts and saw that they had hundreds, even thousands of posts. Then one day I hit 100 posts. then 250. And that was almost 4 years ago. Now it doesn't matter to me anymore.
Old February 3rd, 2013 (10:30 PM).
☆「GANG-STAR」☆
Team Unova

My only real goal was 5,000 posts so I could get neat access to a blog. I got this far by spamming in the DCC. So many good memories from these threads.
Old February 3rd, 2013 (10:33 PM).
CoquettishCat
Team Kanto
Crystal Tier

Nature: Relaxed
I prefer looking at my posts per day over my postcount. Because that's a far better assessment of my posting activity than postcount.

Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Old February 3rd, 2013 (10:36 PM).
fun in the sun
Team Kanto
Platinum Tier

Quote originally posted by Toujours:
I prefer looking at my posts per day over my postcount. Because that's a far better assessment of my posting activity than postcount.
I checked mine every so often. Mine's rather low, though. I'd have to go insane with my posting to get it any higher. I'd assume though, that mine is rather average.
Old February 3rd, 2013 (10:37 PM).
Gone
Team Johto

If you look at my posts per day it says 1.47 but back in 2009 I probably averaged like 7-8 posts a day. And now this year I'm probably averaging close to 10 a day.

Quote originally posted by Luck:
My only real goal was 5,000 posts so I could get neat access to a blog. I got this far by spamming in the DCC. So many good memories from these threads.
Ironically you haven't even posted a blog entry xD
Old February 3rd, 2013 (10:54 PM).
☆「GANG-STAR」☆
Team Unova

Quote originally posted by Caelus:
Ironically you haven't even posted a blog entry xD
Hahaha, actually I made quite a few blogs. About 15-16 or so in total about the most random things ever. I just deleted them cause WHY NOT.
Old February 3rd, 2013 (10:57 PM).
CoquettishCat
Team Kanto
Crystal Tier

Nature: Relaxed
Quote originally posted by Team Fail:
I checked mine every so often. Mine's rather low, though. I'd have to go insane with my posting to get it any higher. I'd assume though, that mine is rather average.
Well I never had a time of inactivity on PC, so mine's more accurate than most people's.

Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Old February 3rd, 2013 (11:01 PM).
fun in the sun
Team Kanto
Platinum Tier

Quote originally posted by Toujours:
Well I never had a time of inactivity on PC, so mine's more accurate than most people's.
I think I had a minor period of inactivity, so yeah. That might explain part of it.
Old February 3rd, 2013 (11:02 PM).
My life would suck without you
Team Hoenn
Crystal Tier

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I had some time of inactivity last year, but I'm posting a lot more nowadays.
Old February 3rd, 2013 (11:33 PM).
Gone
Team Johto

I started off slow but I was very active from December 2008 up until early 2010, then I started becoming on and off, and now I'm back. Don't know for how long though.

I just checked my post history and I posted like 20 times in 2011, and about 30 last year.
Old February 3rd, 2013 (11:42 PM).
Team Unova
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky
I was active right from the get-go when I joined, but I did go inactive for two weeks in 2011 due to a suspension which resulted in me joining Serebii during that time and meeting TylerSymes, one of my future pairs. I have had a bit of up-and-down activity at times but I am active most of the time.

I initially joined for Pokemon gaming discussions, but found myself ending up in other parts of PC too.

Also, I remember that I wanted a blog and fancy profiles when I first joined, and then fast-forward to October 2012 and *BAM!* my name turned italic blue and got my blog and fancy profile features in the end. And for it to happen weeks before I hit 5,000 posts!

I actually screencapped my 5,000th post in my PC Screenies picture album. The post was in a thread in the Black 2 & White 2 section. Then I hit 6,000 last month, next goal is to reach 7,000.
Old February 4th, 2013 (12:22 AM).
Not wearin glasses.I wanna look awesome.
Team Johto
Gold Tier

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to awolfsquared
I've been pretty active since I joined, but now I'm more active on here than any other forums. Used to be more active on Bulbagraden but now I usually come here first when I go on my computer.

Back when I joined , I had my iPod and would go on PC and Bulbagarden on my iPod but now it's broken so now I just go on my computer when I get a chance.

paired to hikamaru
Gold Supporter

tumblr| instagram| twitter
Old February 4th, 2013 (12:37 AM).
Gone
Team Johto

Before I joined PC I used to go to Serebii forums. I was part of their Nintendo crowd and we would post about Brawl and speculate about a 4th SSB game all the time - both threads ended up getting closed because of the poor quality of our posts.

Haven't been active there since I made this account though, and probably never will be.
Old February 4th, 2013 (01:02 AM). Edited February 4th, 2013 by Seki.
You idiot!
Team Hoenn

Nature: Jolly
Personally, because I don't have a twitter account, I don't use hashtags but I don't mind seeing anyone using them in like Facebook.

Hashtags are overrated. #overrated

Lol, my first time using them!

Wrong page! #stupidness

I actually joined for the trade corner cos I thought it was really great to have a shop and all that, but I didn't have the courage to trade/make a trade shop back then and I see that all the tradeshops there are all about EVs, IVs, RNG and all that good stuff. (I don't know RNG) So, I just really posted without a care whether people reads my posts or not. Because of that, I didn't really have any VMs from anyone. Due to that, I have my first spell of inactiveness in 2011. I came back around November 2011 and posted again, but this time, participating in the New Year's egg swap. After that, I had my 2nd spell of inactiveness all the way till October 2012 and I've been active ever since. Made lots of friends in this activeness spell, felt that PC was really part of my life and finally I see why people are able to be so active here in PC.

Now, I mostly post in OT and reply to my VMs all the time. After that, I see whether other parts of the forum needs my presence or not, if yes? Post away! If not, its spamming the OT forums again!

VM | PM | MyAnimeList | Theme | Pairs | Previously
Old February 4th, 2013 (01:02 AM).
Not wearin glasses.I wanna look awesome.
Team Johto
Gold Tier

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to awolfsquared
My first Pokemon forum was Serebii, though I wasn't very active on it. I'm still not active there, but I check in every so often. The I joined Bulbagarden and became more active there and pretty much forgotten about Serebii. And then I joined PC and now I hardly ever go on Serebii like every few months I check in on there.

Quote originally posted by SNOR(es)LAX:
Personally, because I don't have a twitter account, I don't use hashtags but I don't mind seeing anyone using them in like Facebook.

I only try to use hashtags on Twitter. But I only tweet every few weeks or so I rarely use hashtags.

paired to hikamaru
Gold Supporter

tumblr| instagram| twitter
Old February 4th, 2013 (01:03 AM).
KYON-KUN, DENWA
Team Unova
ModeratorCS

Despite my old join date and lofty post total, I didn't really do much posting my first 4 years as a member. I was far busier at a Sim City fansite, and then at a skyscraper forum's SimCity section, and then on a browser-based online soccer sim game before coming back to PC out of boredom after graduating high school.

And now I'm starting to feel very old because 8 years have passed since I first found this site and posted about a Shiny that wasn't even mine 8 years ago. Oh the growing up I've done and the changes that have happened in the last 8 years of my life.

KYON-KUN, DENWA
Old February 4th, 2013 (01:11 AM).
Gone
Team Johto

^I remember you came back out of nowhere around the time I started to become inactive. I don't think you even had 1000 posts when I joined.

Quote originally posted by SNOR(es)LAX:

Damn that subject was pages ago haha
I use them all the time on twitter but rarely, if ever, use them anywhere else.
Old February 4th, 2013 (02:03 AM).
You idiot!
Team Hoenn

Nature: Jolly
Quote originally posted by Caelus:
Damn that subject was pages ago haha
I use them all the time on twitter but rarely, if ever, use them anywhere else.
Haven't you see me do this cancel to those words?

PC is my only Pokemon forum, I heard of others, but I don't really know why I didn't registered for an account in the other forums.

VM | PM | MyAnimeList | Theme | Pairs | Previously
Old February 4th, 2013 (02:14 AM). Edited February 4th, 2013 by Correspondence.
Team Kalos

Though i have registered in other pokemon related forums i mostly only use PC because well..its the best!(and im not sucking up either)
Old February 4th, 2013 (02:58 AM).
hello stranger, i'm a disaster
Team Sinnoh

Nature: Quiet
I joined way back in 2009 after another Pokemon forum I liked had a lot of drama going on, resulting in many members leaving and coming here instead, I followed suit! I forgot about this place until a few months ago and keep dropping in and out but it's a really nice forum and I plan to stay now :3
Old February 4th, 2013 (03:25 AM).
-CONQUERER
Team Johto

Nature: Serious
GLORY 2007 FOR ME. When everything was just great. Nowadays I just lurk around but I linger on I guess.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links