The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > General Chat

Notices

General Chat Reporting for duty!

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 10th, 2013 (06:15 PM).
Broken_Arrow
Paper plane~

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to Broken_Arrow
Quote:
This is truth. You sir, are the wisest man on Earth, and your wisdom shall not go unrewarded. Seriously though, this right here is spot on. Save up when you get married, and your golden.

Spoiler:
now that's what i'm talking about *high five*

Old February 10th, 2013 (06:15 PM).
LilJz
This is how we do!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
I'm not too hyped on The Walking Dead. Instead of watching that series, I'm watching Chugaaconroy's Let's Play. Yup.
Old February 10th, 2013 (06:18 PM).
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken_Arrow View Post

Spoiler:
now that's what i'm talking about *high five*

Quote:
Originally Posted by .EJ View Post
Anybody watching The Walking Dead right now? I'm pretty hyped!
Too busy catching up with Supernatural and GoT to be bothered. Also thanks for reminding me that I need to also watch season 2.
Old February 10th, 2013 (06:19 PM).
.EJ
Arrow<3
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elendil View Post
Too busy catching up with Supernatural and GoT to be bothered. Also thanks for reminding me that I need to also watch season 2.
Ah dude, get on that! This season has seriously been the best so far.
Old February 10th, 2013 (06:20 PM).
Oryx
CoquettishCat
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken_Arrow View Post
Money are made to be spent,dear then comes another money to be spent and another to be spent...wouldn't that be trolling if you kept saving then you died?? someone else will come and take all that money and spend them!! fair enough v.v

i say save when you have to save for something important..other than that..Life is too short to be stingy!!

one day you will become a father and..you WILL have to save..so enjoy the little unfather time..

ladies and gentlemen..i rest my case *sound of clapping*

thank you very much,you
This is silly, really. I save up money I made in high school for no particular reason, and then when I got the chance to travel to an anime convention, I had the money to do so. If I hadn't saved I wouldn't have been able to go. You also have to always plan for bad things to happen that you might need money for. It's irresponsible, even when young, to spend every last penny you have. :/

Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Old February 10th, 2013 (06:20 PM).
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

That GIF...what?
It's amusing, yet weird and kind of disturbing?

I'm wandering around eBay. Found a holographic Charizard Ex card for over $60. I don't understand why people would spend that much money on a piece of paper?
(Copy/paste the above into your browser)
Old February 10th, 2013 (06:21 PM).
LilJz
This is how we do!
Community Supporter

I heard many people talking about Game of Thrones. It sounds interesting, what is it about?
Old February 10th, 2013 (06:21 PM).
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Has it? Only watched season one, and if it can get better in season two, which gets then gets one-upped by season 3 as your saying, then yeah, I really need to. But as I said, supernatural is my top priority.
Old February 10th, 2013 (06:22 PM).
Oryx
CoquettishCat
Community Supporter

Re: cards, I think for some people the game is serious, maybe they make money off of it?

Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Old February 10th, 2013 (06:23 PM).
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toujours View Post
This is silly, really. I save up money I made in high school for no particular reason, and then when I got the chance to travel to an anime convention, I had the money to do so. If I hadn't saved I wouldn't have been able to go. You also have to always plan for bad things to happen that you might need money for. It's irresponsible, even when young, to spend every last penny you have. :/
I have to agree with this.
Though I have yet to spend the money I have saved, it will have a use eventually. Worst case scenario, I never get to spend it. Then it just can be put toward whatever my family (or friends, if I have no family) wants it to be used for. I:

Edit:
Just seen the above post.
Perhaps. It is a pretty good card, but the only attack takes like 6 energy cards- and you have to discard them all after using it. I've been tempted to buy card packs and make money by selling them- I still might do that sometime. Stupid, but it would be entertaining and I'd probably get some cash out of it, considering unless a card is really common, people sell them online for at least $0.99
Old February 10th, 2013 (06:24 PM).
.EJ
Arrow<3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilJz1234 View Post
I heard many people talking about Game of Thrones. It sounds interesting, what is it about?
Another great one! I suggest you look it up because it's one of those long-winded stories.
Old February 10th, 2013 (06:24 PM).
LilJz
This is how we do!
Community Supporter

Actually a lot of people buy it for their rarity value or their competitive value. Some cards even goes for more than 1000$.
Old February 10th, 2013 (06:25 PM).
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Quote:
Depends. Won't spoil much, but if you're into your books being emotional roller coasters that start slow and finish fast you should get into it. The show is pretty much the same. As for the contents, well its hard to say. Basically politics of this fantasy land, mixed with drama. Its like a medieval soap opera to be honest, but it works. Also a good note is that if you hate characters who can't die because the plot demands it getting into it becomes a wild ride. Who's gonna die next nobody knows, round and round the wheel of death goes!
Old February 10th, 2013 (06:25 PM).
Oryx
CoquettishCat
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ⊗Slenderman⊗ View Post
I have to agree with this.
Though I have yet to spend the money I have saved, it will have a use eventually. Worst case scenario, I never get to spend it. Then it just can be put toward whatever my family (or friends, if I have no family) wants it to be used for. I:
I know what you mean! :) I never deprive myself to the point where I'm unhappy with what I have, but I certainly don't go out and irresponsibly blow my 700 dollar balance in the bank. I'm an adult, so I want to act like one. For the most part

Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Old February 10th, 2013 (06:27 PM).
Broken_Arrow
Paper plane~

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to Broken_Arrow
Elendil..

Toujours:Go back and read what i wrote..."save for something important"...when you see a shirt you like go buy it,don't just say i'm gonna save my money better...i'm not saying "go buy bygones then let them fly" i say enjoy your life when you can..it won't be the end of earth if you brought the shirt and didn't go to that anime conv!!..don't give me that face ":\ " again,girl! Tsk

Old February 10th, 2013 (06:27 PM).
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Acting like an adult sucks though, cause your acting like how the public expects your demographic age group to act. I say if you want to go out once a week with 50 in your pocket to have a night on the town go for it, even if you have nothing to eat the next week. Also want to impress a hot girl into a long term relationship? Blow that extra 100, its worth it in the long run. "Acting like an adult" is exactly what the world wants you to do, so don't.
Old February 10th, 2013 (06:29 PM).
Oryx
CoquettishCat
Community Supporter

Well, I would rather act how I want to act, instead of senselessly rebelling just to rebel. The night of blowing money is not worth a week of misery for me.

People want you to act like an adult because they don't want to carry your sorry butt through welfare when you blow all your money and need to eat.

Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Old February 10th, 2013 (06:30 PM).
LilJz
This is how we do!
Community Supporter

Is GoT those one hour episodes?
Old February 10th, 2013 (06:30 PM).
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toujours View Post
I know what you mean! I never deprive myself to the point where I'm unhappy with what I have, but I certainly don't go out and irresponsibly blow my 700 dollar balance in the bank. I'm an adult, so I want to act like one. For the most part
Exactly haha. I'm not always the most mature person (obviously), but I at least have managed to save money. Well, what's the fun in being mature?
Old February 10th, 2013 (06:31 PM).
Oryx
CoquettishCat
Community Supporter

Well we're all on a Pokemon forum, so we're at least retaining a bit of childishness :3

Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Old February 10th, 2013 (06:32 PM).
.EJ
Arrow<3

@toujie: I know what you mean and I agree with you. Doesn't matter how young we are or how little responsibilities we have when compared to a full-fledged adult, it's a lot better to save money for emergencies and every now and then buy yourself something nice.

Quote:
Is GoT those one hour episodes?
I believe so.
Old February 10th, 2013 (06:32 PM).
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Its not sensless rebellion if you feel that treating yourself once a week to something special is worth it in the long run. And welfare is the last thing I would ever end up in, cause I know when things are tight and when there not. I was only half kidding about blowing money and being hungry for the rest of the week, because that would indeed be stupid. If you have 50 euros to blow by all means blow it, don't save it is what I'm saying.
Old February 10th, 2013 (06:33 PM).
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

True haha. c:

I wonder how many of us will be in our 30s and still playing Pokemon? I think that's...relatively acceptable. But for someone that age to still collect Pokemon stuff is a bit overboard.
Old February 10th, 2013 (06:34 PM).
Oryx
CoquettishCat
Community Supporter

For me the number is lower. If I see something and think "I REALLY WANT IT" and it's under 20 bucks I go for it. My limit used to be 10 when I had less money, and maybe will be higher when I have more. But under 20 if I really want it I won't give it a second thought. Like the new leggings I just bought!

Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Old February 10th, 2013 (06:35 PM).
LilJz
This is how we do!
Community Supporter

If what you mean is waste a bit of money for a night of fun, then yea. Once in a while I don't see why not. But it also depends with the person, different person got different definition of fun

Other people could have 20$ for the night and they could have tons of fun with it, while other will need more, like around 100$ maybe?
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links