The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > General Chat

Notices

General Chat Reporting for duty!

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 30th, 2012, 04:32 PM
Oryx
Of the pigeon, by the pigeon, for the pigeon
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
I don't like mint and I don't like olives. That's about it on the dislike list for me. Because I'm a pig.
PM
Old December 30th, 2012, 04:49 PM
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Some things I'm picky about (i.e. nothing with onions, peppers, or eggs. The first two because I dislike the taste. The last because I found out what the human equivalent is), but others I don't care about as much. Especially if it's something 'fun' to eat, like the stuff in my best friend's backyard. Just recently found out that now two (was just only one before) plants we eat are potentially toxic.
(Copy/paste the above into your browser)
Old December 30th, 2012, 05:10 PM
outfox
in

Send a message via Skype™ to outfox
Eggs gross me out, too, unless I'm drunk. I also struggle with greens, but I'm trying to make myself like them because I really need to adhere to a healthier diet. I try to make the kids I work with like vegetables by telling them the Hulk got so green and strong by eating them. It works, maybe I should try that on myself using Oscar the Grouch or something.
Old December 30th, 2012, 05:19 PM
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

Yeah. The taste and consistency don't bother me; just knowing what I'm eating. D:
...Okay, so you want to be grumpy and live in a trashcan? Sounds like an interesting life.

I will forever associate the hulk with this kid at the store I seen. He apparently was lost and started panicking. I (and the person I was with at the time) took him through the store and he eventually found his grandmother. Point is, he was carrying around a hulk toy and was completely happy playing with it, despite the fact that he was being guided around a store by complete strangers.
Old December 30th, 2012, 05:23 PM
Oryx
Community Supporter

Eggs are AMAZING.

Wiggle jiggle, yellow middle
that's the best of what you are
White and tender surrounds the center
Cozy sitting in your crackling shell (I love you)

Bad consistencies? Mushrooms. Great food, terrible consistency.
PM
Old December 30th, 2012, 05:23 PM
Pinkie-Dawn
Airman ga Teosenai

Nature: Quirky
I tend to have a dislike for burritos, tacos, hamburgers, red meat, sushi, roasted beans, fruits not named apples, olive, black olives, sea food, and Chinese food.
Old December 30th, 2012, 05:25 PM
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

I just don't understand how one can eat and enjoy eggs. I want to know who decided to eat them. It makes about as much sense as drinking cow milk. What psychotic person comes up with these things?

I only like canned mushrooms. I'm not always big on the taste; it varies.
Old December 30th, 2012, 05:44 PM
outfox
in

Quote:
Originally Posted by ⊗Slenderman⊗ View Post
...Okay, so you want to be grumpy and live in a trashcan? Sounds like an interesting life.
I already am, is the thing. Oscar's just prettier than me.

I can't do red meat, either. That's the result of being a vegan for 4 years then stopping cold turkey. Not literally, that is.

How do you like your eggs, Toujours? I can settle for omlettes with pico every now and then. Really depends on my mood. I couldn't do sunny side up, though.
Old December 30th, 2012, 05:55 PM
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

Pffft no. I seen your pictures on that thread. He/it should be eating whatever it is to look more like you. (;
Sorry if that sounds creepy. It's not intentional.

Wow, that was one of the few pun jokes that made me laugh. o;
I'm cool with meat and stuff, but my favorite is turkey, which I'm allergic to. If it was just like hives or something, I would eat it anyway. But it makes my throat swell and breathing is sort of necessary to live, apparently.

When I do eat eggs, it's cooked a certain way. I forget the name (it's something stupid), but it's when the white is cooked and the yolk is a bit gooey still. I found the idea gross until I was out-of-state with my family and my sister's fiance made them for all of us.
Old December 30th, 2012, 06:01 PM
outfox
in

Oh, that's so nice! You're a nice person. Thank you. I can't say I agree though, just look at this face

Stinks to proclaim your love to a food to find it's unrequited. I suppose you could be allergic to ice cream, that would be a for real tragedy.

Isn't that sunny side up? I really wouldn't know. Do you ever eat eggs with ketchup? That's apparently a real thing. I'm not on board.
Old December 30th, 2012, 06:13 PM
Oryx
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by outfox View Post
How do you like your eggs, Toujours? I can settle for omlettes with pico every now and then. Really depends on my mood. I couldn't do sunny side up, though.
Every way. Sunny side up, hard boiled, devilled, soft boiled, scrambled, in an omelette, in salads....
PM
Old December 30th, 2012, 06:13 PM
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

Pfft no when I was looking at that thread, your picture was one of the very few that stood out to me.

Well, my older sister had the same allergy and it faded. Hopefully the same will happen to me. :T Funny, my dad is allergic to ice cream (anything with milk, really).

I don't know, haha. Yeah, I do remember eating it like that as a kid. It's decent, if I remember correctly.

As for the ice cream part, that's even more funny. I'm eating it right now.
Old December 30th, 2012, 06:20 PM
Shiny Celebi
Donator Tier 3
Community Supporter Tier 3

I like eggs scrambled or fried without the yolk running. I cant cook fried eggs with runny yolk right and some of the white ends up being undercooked :l
Old December 30th, 2012, 06:21 PM
outfox
in

Cool, Toujours. I pick the eggs out of my salads, but I do like eggs in tuna. Actually, if anyone wants to try something that is weirdly amazing, try adding apples to tuna. I'm actually a tuna geek so if anyone likes tuna and wants some good recipes, let a girl know. I'm here for you.

Well thank you again, Slenderman. Very nice of you to say. When am I gonna see a picture of you? :D Don't feel obligated to post though, now, haha.

It'd be nice if your allergy did fade. Are you allergic to any other foods? oooh what kind of ice cream *_* i'd kill for some mint chocolate chip rn
Old December 30th, 2012, 06:29 PM
Oryx
Community Supporter

PC is surprisingly good-looking. Then again it's possible people that aren't just don't post their pictures...haha.
PM
Old December 30th, 2012, 06:30 PM
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

Apples and tuna....sounds interesting and gross.

No problem.
Ah, probably never. I might post one eventually and just cut my face out. So it pretty much would just be a picture of my hair. T: Or I could be...original...and put up a picture of my hand in all of its scarred glory. o; People would assume I'm just looking for attention, though.

Turkey is the only food I'm aware of the allergy to. But I'm allergic to like every animal.

Well it (was) chocolate peanut butter. Now it's just some melted ice cream left in the bottom that I didn't finish.
Old December 30th, 2012, 06:34 PM
outfox
in

It's true, for Pokemon nerds we all sure are sexy.

Believe me, the sober me would have dissed the apple+tuna idea, but stoned me is a culinary genious.

Wait why are your hands all scarred? Unless you don't want to share. You don't have to.
Old December 30th, 2012, 06:45 PM
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

Haha, indeed. I used to feel stupid playing Pokemon, considering it's intended for like 8-12 or something like that. Then I realized that there are adults on here who play it and I don't mind as much anymore.

It just doesn't sound very appetizing to me. Then again, I used to eat apple dipped in cheese and walnuts. So my culinary opinion is now worthless. Because I apparently liked it.

Because I'm weird and a sadist, haha. (;
Thankfully, the only scars are on that hand and not my arms. So if anyone notices, they won't be suspicious at all. o;
Old December 30th, 2012, 06:52 PM
outfox
in

I just noticed I spelled genius wrong. Dang.

Dude no that's the best meal ever!! I used to eat something like it every day when I worked for Starbucks, I would mix the apples from the Protein Plate with the Cheese Nut and Fruit plate and eat the cheese slices with my apples. And hell no I didn't pay for all that. Even with my partner discount that stuff is damn expensive.

Anyway, if you're a weird sadist, I am too. I don't know how I feel about talking about it publicly, but feel free to pm me if you want to continue the discussion.
Old December 30th, 2012, 07:05 PM
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

I didn't even totally realize it was spelled wrong. Oops.

Wow, so perhaps it isn't as weird as I thought.

Haha, at least I'm not the only one. I mean, I seen some people around PC talk about it, but nobody I've ever really chatted with on here. I made the mistake of telling a few people on that forum I was banned from, and apparently word spread around. T: Hopefully, now that I'm gone, they don't just remember me as "the weird cutter". ;D
I might PM you; I have a question but am still trying to figure out how to word it without sounding weird.

Yes, finally. The song that's been stuck in my head today is playing on an online radio.
Old December 30th, 2012, 07:13 PM
outfox
in

Yeah, I've vaguely mentioned my issue on here I think maybe a couple times. I'm just not sure how others would handle me going into detail, though, haha. I feel like being somewhat open about it invites others to be open about their "weird habit" too, which is a good thing. People will perceive you differently after being honest, though, which in itself doesn't particularly matter but can lead to some awkward moments.

Go ahead and shoot me a question, would be glad to answer it if I can.

Oh good, haha. I hate when I the melody of a song stuck playing over and over in my head but I can't grasp the lyrics, so I can't look it up so I'm in this broken record hell until the lyrics hit me.
Old December 30th, 2012, 07:18 PM
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

Oh, I never seen you mention it. Yeah, perhaps I should have thought of that before telling a few friends on there. A conversation would go from teasing and joking around about the matter to completely serious and my being questioned about it ;D

Okay, I will eventually. But the only way I can think of either sounds weird or is a bit overly blunt. T:

That doesn't happen to me often. It's almost always a song that I already know.
Haha, I just realized that I'm wearing a hat with the name of the online radio I'm listening to right now. X)
Old December 30th, 2012, 07:26 PM
outfox
in

It happens, I tend to overshare too. It gets me in trouble sometimes :p And don't worry, I'm unoffendable.

Lol, weird, what online radio do you listen to? I can't imagine anyone wearing a hat with the Pandora or Yahoo! Music logo on it.
Old December 30th, 2012, 07:31 PM
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

Haha, yeah, I made the mistake of telling my best friend. She doesn't seem too bothered, at least. I'm thankful for that; I would hate to make her deal with knowing that if it did bug her.

It's called RadioU. I certainly don't like all of the music but some of it is decent. T: It's mostly rock, metal, and screamo with other stuff thrown in. Seriously, I even heard a screamo Christmas song. D:

Okay, I'll message you, then.
Edit: Oops, wasn't specific enough in the pm. The question was about self-harming; didn't occur to me to specify about that. T:

Last edited by ⊗Slenderman⊗; December 30th, 2012 at 07:41 PM.
Old December 30th, 2012, 07:51 PM
outfox
in

Yeah, there's always the feeling of burdening my loved ones with the issue, for that reason I don't reach out to them. An unhealthy way to go about things, I'm sure.

Haha screamo bands just need to stop. Just stop. Get it together.

@your edit: Haha, I figured that later, I immediately assumed you meant job. I was like we already discussed this

Sponsored Links