The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > General Chat

Notices

General Chat Reporting for duty!

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 30th, 2012, 09:54 PM
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet

Advertise here
I do the same thing. Only two people (offline) know about it, and I've been able to hide any details from those two people pretty well. T: My fault for doing it in the first place, so it's my problem to live with.

Exactly! That's not even singing. It's, well, screaming to music. X)
Haha, yeah. I didn't want you to misunderstand, though.

The part about your job was funny anyway.
(Copy/paste the above into your browser)
Old December 30th, 2012, 10:21 PM
outfox
in

Send a message via Skype™ to outfox
We've all got our crosses to bear. I think it's a shame we feel we have to hide anything.

I don't care for being a part of the screamo generation. Some of my friends in high school were a part of bands with "quirky," excessively long names and they all had fringes and sad beards that didn't grow fully and they wanted so much to be badass but they were just some white kids from the suburbs, I could never take them seriously. I also had some friends that believed they were a part of the Crips because they wore blue and beat each other up.
Old December 30th, 2012, 10:31 PM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
Speaking of beards I wish I could have one but two things 1) Asian people look awful with facial hair and 2) I'm Asian so no body hair whatsoever.

And living in a white people town there's a whole bunch of Mexicans who think they're part of the hood when they're actually pretty much just white people who come from Mexico x] What's sad is that they actually commit to it for life.

Oh and I saw a smaller Asian kid about 4 feet tall trying to be gangsta, all decked out with earrings and the backwards cap and stuff…it was such a disappointment to me lol.

Old December 30th, 2012, 10:37 PM
CarcharOdin
Master of The Universe
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
I remember a lot of "gangsta kids" like that from high school.

I remember how much I hated them. But to this day, that style of wearing your pants too low still irritates me. I don't know if it went out of style, but if it hasn't, please stop. It looks dumb, not to mention it originated in prison where inmates would do it to show that they were "available." It was always ironic to me how these same people always picked on and ostracized homosexuals.

As for screamo, never much cared for it. Hardcore punk is currently as far as I listen to in terms of punk music and only just recently.
Old December 30th, 2012, 10:45 PM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
Well, you know, people tend to hate what they're afraid they are lol.

They do in fact wear their pants saggy still, but now it's more "I'LL SHOW YOU MY BELT BRO!" more than "PLEASE PENETRATE ME MY PANTS ARE SO LOW".

Oh and something I was told that my teacher's teacher would do is to give some ugly-ass belt from Goodwill's to anyone who was sagging in her class. Lol such evilness x]

And screamo is okayyyyyy, just not something I would rave about in a review. Noise from a computer is better than the noise scared people make imo lol x]

Old December 30th, 2012, 10:48 PM
outfox
in

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarcharOdin View Post
I don't know if it went out of style, but if it hasn't, please stop. It looks dumb, not to mention it originated in prison where inmates would do it to show that they were "available." It was always ironic to me how these same people always picked on and ostracized homosexuals.
Oh it's still around. They're getting lower, too. Wow at all that background info...I didn't know all that. I thought people were just too lazy to pull their pants down to pee.

I think the only screamo bands I thought were decent were The Devil Wears Prada and Underoath. I still consider Underoath a guilty pleasure. I think the only punk band I listen to nowadays is Refused.
Old December 30th, 2012, 11:10 PM
CarcharOdin
Master of The Universe
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by outfox View Post
Oh it's still around. They're getting lower, too. Wow at all that background info...I didn't know all that. I thought people were just too lazy to pull their pants down to pee.

I think the only screamo bands I thought were decent were The Devil Wears Prada and Underoath. I still consider Underoath a guilty pleasure. I think the only punk band I listen to nowadays is Refused.
Yeah, I'm more of a metalhead. Punk never really was much my thing, but a local hardcore punk band here in Monterey and several bands (Dead Kennedys, Black Flag, etc) are changing my mind on that particular subgenre.
Old December 30th, 2012, 11:19 PM
outfox
in

Quote:
Originally Posted by droomph View Post
"I'LL SHOW YOU MY BELT BRO!"
I've noticed that dudes who wear massive belt buckles go out of their way to make it known. They're either pulling their pants all the way down to ensure the shirt doesn't get in the way, or tucking their shirts into the wranglers they have pulled up to their moobs. Geez. Even then I don't care about their belt buckle.

@Carcharger (that's what I see whenever I glance at your username): Ever heard of The Austrasian Goat? The bomb diggity.

I listen to a few metal bands, bands like Boris and Sunn O))) lead in my metal charts
Old December 30th, 2012, 11:31 PM
CarcharOdin
Master of The Universe
Community Supporter

@outfox:
That was killer and also very relaxing. Need to get some of those guys. Sunn O))) as well.

These days I listen to stuff like Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Sepultura, Slayer, old-Metallica, Machine Head, Emperor, Pantera, Wolves in the Throne Room, Nevermore, Bolt Thrower, Death, Mayhem, and High on Fire. I also recently got into Drudkh, Mastodon, Overkill, and Exhorder as well.

Wolves in the Throne Room are a damn good band that combines black metal with ambient music. I've also been listening to a band called A Storm of Light lately as well. They're sort of a combo of doom and post-metal.

Old December 31st, 2012, 07:55 AM
Kanto_Johto
Never glimpse the truth

Nature: Bold
Welp, I:m.piszeed already. happy new year Pc. i love you xxx
Old December 31st, 2012, 08:14 AM
outfox
in

Aw, happy new year to you too! I forget we''re in different time zones. It's only 10a here, I was concerned about you for a second. We love you, have fun!
Old December 31st, 2012, 08:23 AM
Kanto_Johto
Never glimpse the truth

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Aw, happy new year to you too! I forget we''re in different time zones. It's only 10a here, I was concerned about you for a second. We love you, have fun!
It's 4pmn here. friendvand I decidwd to go to a pub befire we went to a party which has made.us too drunk already. hahaba
Old December 31st, 2012, 08:38 AM
outfox
in

haha dang. Don't fall asleep before balls start dropping! I mean for New Years, you gross freak

e: forgot to respond to Carcharger - I know some of those names. Great song there, I love that sludge crap. Do you have a last.fm? we should be pals. My username is y0sim.

Last edited by outfox; December 31st, 2012 at 09:04 AM.
Old December 31st, 2012, 09:03 AM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

Nature: Quirky
It's New Years Eve in my time, but I never get to stay up late to midnight to see the beginning of 2013.
Old December 31st, 2012, 09:09 AM
outfox
in

Do you have work tomorrow?
Old December 31st, 2012, 09:27 AM
Team Fail
The fine line between in|sanity
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
I'm going to see family, so I'm not staying up really late. We were told to bring food so we have to get up really early tomorrow to make something. So no fireworks for me :c

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Follow me on Twitter! @TeamFail
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online
Alt 2: Jack Cayman

[04:20.39] <@GoGo> I WILL INSERT WITH PLEASURE
[04:20.45] <@GoGo> shut it Bela

[05:41.55] <Team_Fail> Blue Spider is interesting, but #MEHMasterRace
[05:42.20] <diegoisawesome> Team_Fail: Sounds like a bunch of unmotivated people that still want to try to take over the world
Old December 31st, 2012, 09:33 AM
outfox
in

Family gatherings. I've had enough of those for awhile. We had four Christmas celebrations this year x_x I'm used to spending Christmas with just my mom, so family gatherings are overwhelming to me. What kinds of food are y'all gonna make?
Old December 31st, 2012, 09:45 AM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Do you have work tomorrow?
Nope, I'm still at college.
Old December 31st, 2012, 09:48 AM
outfox
in

What's keeping you from staying up late? Unless you just don't ever feel like it, which I wouldn't blame you for.
Old December 31st, 2012, 09:53 AM
Livewire
でんきタイプ

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Livewire
Staying up late is usually the way to go imo

YOU CAN SLEEP WHEN YOU'RE DEAD
Old December 31st, 2012, 09:53 AM
Correspondence

20 minutes left!I seriously should be asleep.
Old December 31st, 2012, 09:57 AM
outfox
in

Staying up late is the best way to alter your mind without drugs. I think you and I were meant to be vampires, Livewire.
Old December 31st, 2012, 10:00 AM
Correspondence

I usually don't sleep at night when its the holidays for some reason...and sleep all day...
Old December 31st, 2012, 10:01 AM
outfox
in

haha is it the anticipation of the coming day? Because I'm the same way. The little kid in me loves presents and yummy foods. So does the little adult in me.
Old December 31st, 2012, 10:02 AM
Livewire
でんきタイプ

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Livewire
I used to stay up super late, sometimes even all nighters for holidays, but I'm not 12 anymore. XD Now I work like New Year's Eve & Christmas Eve, (In a giant Grocery Store) so I'm wiped out by the time I'm home. I'll still try, though. Bust open some Mountain Dew Livewire:

Sponsored Links

Advertise here