Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > The Treehouse
Reload this Page March Maaaadness

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

The Treehouse For the everyday ramblings of the masses.

Closed Thread

Old February 21st, 2013 (03:19 PM).
Will you notice?
Gold Tier

Nature: Quiet
Studying in Car Mechanics and then when I'm done with that, I'll be studying car bodywork.

I'm currently working as a auto mechanic aide since I don't have my diploma for to be a car mechanic yet.
Old February 21st, 2013 (03:19 PM).
Axel
Silver Tier

Nature: Timid
Well i am still at school doing 10th grade. After that, i plan on studying Computer Programming at an uni.
I currently have no jobs as i am only 15. Maybe after 2 or 3 years, i'll take a part-time to take care of myself. What i am going to study is really needed where i live.
art by Churaka
Old February 21st, 2013 (03:37 PM).
Probably sleeping.
Gold Tier

Nature: Naughty
Quote originally posted by JNathan:
Well i am still at school doing 10th grade. After that, i plan on studying Computer Programming at an uni.
I currently have no jobs as i am only 15. Maybe after 2 or 3 years, i'll take a part-time to take care of myself. What i am going to study is really needed where i live.
Ah that's something I can get behind. Coding can be really satisfying, and if you've got the attitude for it, then it can be super simple to learn, like ace-all-your-classes easy.
Old February 21st, 2013 (03:40 PM).
Ripper

Nature: Gentle
I don't know how to explain what I am studying since educational systems don't match one to each other but... This is my last year in high school, I'll start university in September and I'll do Computer Engineering or Telecommunications Engineering (I still have to make a decision).

I already have good skills on coding, and I do love coding

Allez, hop!
Old February 21st, 2013 (03:45 PM).
Axel
Silver Tier

I overlooked the basic coding in C and i have to say that they're not that hard if you take enough time to understand them. It's fairly easy.
I also love playing video games and i wanted to create some one day. Maybe i'll take additional courses for Game Designer.
@Xeninacra: I couldn't help but see that you wrote "Septembre". Do you talk french?
art by Churaka
Old February 21st, 2013 (03:49 PM).
I like kitties
Silver Tier

Nature: Lax
I'm studying nothing, but next year I will be going to a college for Culinary Arts.
Now I need moral support on something. I had my suspicions about my friends for a while now, cause they have been a bit mean to mean about certain economic decisions that are more the fault of my parents then me. Anyway, I decided to enable a keylogger for Facebook through Greasemonkey, and now have the password to a Facebook for one of these friends. I don't know how to handle the situation I'm in to put it blunt. I have read some convos, searched around, and even found out that my parents are even hiding things that they've told them. Who do I confront first? I mean literally, I can't confront them him till get to read the rest, but on the other hand logging into his FB feels wrong, to say the least. Any advice?

#328 Trapinch
Supporter Collab January 2015
Doctor Who Fan Club

Old February 21st, 2013 (03:54 PM).
Ripper

Nature: Gentle
Quote originally posted by JNathan:
I overlooked the basic coding in C and i have to say that they're not that hard if you take enough time to understand them. It's fairly easy.
I also love playing video games and i wanted to create some one day. Maybe i'll take additional courses for Game Designer.
@Xeninacra: I couldn't help but see that you wrote "Septembre". Do you talk french?
Game Designer? That sounds pretty cool. Same for me, but I'd like Game Coder better.

Hmm well, I must say that I wrote "Septembre" because I didn't type "September" properly (lol) but... yeah, I know French haha not very much but I do.

Allez, hop!
Old February 21st, 2013 (03:59 PM).
Axel
Silver Tier

Well, Elendil your situation is rather unexplainable but i suggest you try to know what's going on. Talk to your parents freely. If they trust you enough, maybe they will tell you what's happening. I don't really what it is so i can't give more advices.
EDIT :
@Xeninacra: Since i'm good with plots maybe i'll try to be Game Designer. But i'll study Programming first.
art by Churaka
Old February 21st, 2013 (04:07 PM).
I like kitties
Silver Tier

Its not much really that they're not telling me, its just that I didn't know they talked about certain things with them.

#328 Trapinch
Doctor Who Fan Club

Old February 21st, 2013 (04:20 PM).
Master of The Universe
Crystal Tier

GHADDAMMIT!

I got Jury Duty. Summons came today.

ASDFHASDFKLSJDFLJSALDJFSLFJKDADALDFHASKASKDFSHFDLSKFJALSDFJSFUKKINHELLASFDJFLAJDSFASDFASLJKDFBULLSCHITTESDFJWEOJWLEKFWLFKDFSLDKA!!!!!!!!!!111!!!!1123@@#@
Old February 21st, 2013 (04:25 PM).
Probably sleeping.
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by Elendil:
Its not much really that they're not telling me, its just that I didn't know they talked about certain things with them.
Be honest with your parents, not matter what.
My father was, to put it bluntly a homophobic bigot and an arse. He threw me out of the house when I was 17 just for being honest. None-the-less sitting here today, I'm glad it happened that way, even if it means my fathers disappointed or even ashamed of me. That's his loss, I was the honest one and he's in the wrong.

Worst case scenario, they are hiding something from you. You should confront them, or at least talk to them about your feelings and see what they say. At the end of the day they are your parents and they should have your side on anything important.

It's most likely that you're overthinking things, but It's still best to be honest.
Now I'm not saying you should tell your friend about the facebook stuff, I can imagine that would be pretty hard to admit, and they would probably feel it an invasion of privacy.

Just be open with your friends and family, and see where it leads. Try not to over think things if you can help it, I know it's hard sometimes.
Old February 21st, 2013 (04:28 PM).
Sergeant Serious
Gold Tier

Nature: Modest
I'm a junior in High School, so I've still got a bit. But once I graduate, I'm going to a University to double major in History and in Education.

I'd love to be a History Teacher, most of them that I've had have been really good, but just don't teach History like it should be taught. It's just the story of us, how we got where we are.

Old February 21st, 2013 (04:30 PM).
I like kitties
Silver Tier

That's the thing, the invasion of privacy bit. I know that I have a punch to the face coming to me with it, but I felt it was right to do so. Gets a load off my chest, allows me to see how they really feel about me, and it also gives me an idea of how secretive they really are to me. I don't mind if they have secrets, but as a close knit group of friends who know everything and anything about each other, for me to find out I really know jack crap about them cause they really don't see me the same way even though we are close? Unnerving to an extreme degree, and quite unforgivable. But my parents are minor, so that one can be brushed aside for now.

#328 Trapinch
Doctor Who Fan Club

Old February 21st, 2013 (04:35 PM).
Probably sleeping.
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by Elendil:
That's the thing, the invasion of privacy bit. I know that I have a punch to the face coming to me with it, but I felt it was right to do so. Gets a load off my chest, allows me to see how they really feel about me, and it also gives me an idea of how secretive they really are to me. I don't mind if they have secrets, but as a close knit group of friends who know everything and anything about each other, for me to find out I really know jack crap about them cause they really don't see me the same way even though we are close? Unnerving to an extreme degree, and quite unforgivable. But my parents are minor, so that one can be brushed aside for now.
Well then I'd say you should try to be mature and just come clean, explain to them how guilty you feel and at the same time how worried/paranoid you felt in order to do it. I'm sure they'll understand, and most likely forgive you. If they don't then they really don't deserve a friend such as you. You're clearly feeling guilty which shows you have a good conscience, and are thus a good person.

Good people do bad things sometimes, for the right reasons.

Either way, I hope things work out for the best, at the end of the day the only thing you can do is own up first. I mean, imagine if you didn't own up, and then they found out anyway. I'm sure that would make both them and you feel much worse.
Old February 21st, 2013 (04:42 PM).
Axel
Silver Tier

I'm right with Somniac. Your friends should at least tell you these things and be right with you. That would unnerve me as well. But you have to tell him what you did and why you did it. That's the best thing to do.
art by Churaka
Old February 21st, 2013 (04:45 PM).
I like kitties
Silver Tier

Indeed, owning up is the best thing to do. In the end though at least I got a huge load off of my chest, even if I'm feeling crappy about it.

To lighten up the mood, DCC, anyone else excited with 2013? It didn't start off bad, and it looks to be getting better here on out.

#328 Trapinch
Doctor Who Fan Club

Old February 21st, 2013 (04:47 PM).
Will you notice?
Gold Tier

Meh, 2013 isn't that amazing until now lmao.
Old February 21st, 2013 (04:53 PM).
Axel
Silver Tier

2013 didn't start too good. Looks like i won't get my average score at the exams so far. Tomorrow i have spanish and i HATE spanish!
art by Churaka
Old February 21st, 2013 (05:08 PM).
Back to PC~
Silver Tier

It's just another year. :? I'm not particularly excited or anything.

Yay, I survived those classes today. x; It was...interesting. After griping at a guy in the class who was talking to me, the teacher loudly muttered "Ain't no way you'll ever make it with that good looking young lady over there." I didn't know how to react. :c Of course, a bunch of laughter and teasing erupted from the other students. I turned and threatened to punch one guy who murmured "Ah, young love" at us.
Old February 21st, 2013 (05:08 PM).
I promise
Crystal Tier

Nature: Docile
Send a message via Skype™ to Jupiter
Spanish is one of more entertaining classes. (I'm a junior in high school btw)
Es una clase muy divertida.
Old February 21st, 2013 (05:09 PM).
Master of The Universe
Crystal Tier

So far, nothing really significant has happened to me in 2013
Old February 21st, 2013 (05:09 PM).
Back to PC~
Silver Tier

I tried to learn Spanish with my best friend some months ago. Neither of us can remember most of it, by now. I really should stop bothering with stuff that requires memorization hehe.
Old February 21st, 2013 (05:12 PM).
I promise
Crystal Tier

Nature: Docile
Send a message via Skype™ to Jupiter
Quote originally posted by CarcharOdin:
So far, nothing really significant has happened to me in 2013
Well it's only February. Something's bound to happen sooner or later.
Old February 21st, 2013 (05:13 PM).
Axel
Silver Tier

Haha Slender, looks like you had some funny classes today.
art by Churaka
Old February 21st, 2013 (05:26 PM).
Back to PC~
Silver Tier

Yeah. x; That specific teacher's classes are really...interesting. It's amusing to watch a group of teenagers loudly debate politics. Especially when it's irrelevant to the class itself- and when we were supposed to be taking a test.

Sorry, I'm tired (when am I not tired, though? haha) and keep having to rewrite stuff.

Sponsored Links