The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > General Chat

Notices

General Chat Reporting for duty!

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 24th, 2012, 06:16 AM
Livewire
でんきタイプ

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Livewire

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. X View Post
It would probably help us making up names, if we could see the images.
I wanted a cool Phoenix wright icon for the senator one and a generic talking/blah blah one for the DCC.
Old December 24th, 2012, 06:53 AM
Cid
Find your niche.

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Cid Send a message via Skype™ to Cid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ⊗Slenderman⊗ View Post
Haha yes! I've been 'hugged' by snakes before. They're all scaly and adorable. <3

A scammer called my phone a few minutes ago. After being told that he has the wrong number, the dude apologized multiple times, then wished me a merry Christmas. Hey who doesn't love a friendly dude with a heavy accent trying to get information from you? o;
How are you sure that was a scammer, Slender? :o

I hate pythons or snakes. :( I'm always afraid I'll get constricted or bitten savagely even though they're slow as hell at normal conditions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlequin View Post
i just don't get into debates i know that i'll lose!!!!!!!!! i never learn anything from those tbh
Also I've never participated in a formal debate. I suppose some conversations I've had can be considered debates but I always just stay in the sidelines if I can. Unless it's like a friendly sort of debate with no one getting annoyed and people just wanting honest opinion.
Old December 24th, 2012, 07:08 AM
Correspondence

I love every kind of animal but a little cautious about the ones that can kill me.
Old December 24th, 2012, 07:58 AM
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
@Cid
I think he was asking me for information. But he was speaking too quickly and I couldn't quite understand most of what he said.

Most snakes are relatively nice, though? They generally only bite people out of fear or self-defense. My snake is an aggressive little thing, but it's because she's young and afraid of me. She's getting easier to handle, though (last time she didn't want to go back into the aquarium).

I like most animals, even if they are potentially dangerous. The opossum that chills out on my back porch is just adorable, despite how dirty s/he is. <3
(Copy/paste the above into your browser)
Old December 24th, 2012, 08:45 AM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

Nature: Quirky
I'm always cautious about touching snakes do to chaos theory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pave Low View Post
The one thing I really hate is when people think that they are right, but you know they are definitely wrong and they are fighting for it "NO! It's obviously right because blah blah blah..." and then it's just me like

This is a bad example but
e.g. "The sky is red! I know it is", "No, it's blue and always has been", "No! It's red"
Those are the type of arguments I go into whenever I find a user on a thread thinking he/she is right, and I always lose to that user.
Old December 24th, 2012, 09:06 AM
Twiggy
Slender snake
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Mmm, getting hugged by... snakes and the like? I don't know whether I'd ever want to get just that.
Old December 24th, 2012, 09:09 AM
Shiny Celebi
Donator Tier 3
Community Supporter Tier 3

I've never been "hugged" by a snake, Ive only ever touched one snake in my life and that was someone's pet boa constricter at a pet store once. Im pretty ok around snakes and even find them interesting, Im not sure Id ever keep one though, I might draw the line there.
Old December 24th, 2012, 10:02 AM
Twiggy
Slender snake
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny Celebi View Post
I've never been "hugged" by a snake, Ive only ever touched one snake in my life and that was someone's pet boa constricter at a pet store once. Im pretty ok around snakes and even find them interesting, Im not sure Id ever keep one though, I might draw the line there.
Heh. It's probably a weird feeling.

I secretly want to keep a reptile as a pet when I work
Old December 24th, 2012, 10:15 AM
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

My only reptilian pets were/are my bearded dragon (which had to be given away) and my corn snake. The corn has proven herself a good pet after only 2 months. She's so cuddly and cute <3

There's nothing like having a young snake wrapped around your fingers, completely calm and just chilling out there. Oddly enough, she actually used to be an aggressive little beast of a snake. Bit and struck at everyone who tried to pick her up (aside from when I took her to a class for a presentation on corn snakes).
Old December 24th, 2012, 10:15 AM
Shiny Celebi
Donator Tier 3

I think it would be weird haha, not sure if I would even want to be hugged by a snake.It might be ok as long as I didnt get strangled but I wouldnt let a snake near my neck anyway. If I was gonna keep a reptile, it would be a lizard or turtle, I guess a pet snake would be interesting too.
Old December 24th, 2012, 10:25 AM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

All this talk about reptilian pets makes me want to get a pet iguana or moniter lizard.
Old December 24th, 2012, 10:30 AM
Twiggy
Slender snake
Community Supporter

I wonder whether there is something as cute as Turtwig
Old December 24th, 2012, 10:34 AM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♪Twiggy♪ View Post
I wonder whether there is something as cute as Turtwig
We have turtles for pets you know, so you can find one that closely resembles it, but it's based off of a snapping turtle, which don't make good pets.
Old December 24th, 2012, 10:54 AM
Correspondence

I've always wanted to own a Komodo Dragon.But it would probably eat me the first chance it gets.

Last edited by Correspondence; December 24th, 2012 at 11:02 AM.
Old December 24th, 2012, 11:40 AM
Shiny Celebi
Donator Tier 3

Yeah I dont think Id get a Komodo Dragon,considering it would probably eat all my other pets and possibly me.
Old December 24th, 2012, 12:32 PM
Kanto_Johto
Never glimpse the truth

Nature: Bold
If you reared a Komodo Dragon, chances are it would never try to eat you and you'd be able to form a bond/friendship with it. There's a couple in Africa that did this with a sick Hippo calf, and since then it still practically lives with them and has never lashed out at them despite being a fully grown adult (hippos are the world's most aggressive animal btw).
Old December 24th, 2012, 01:03 PM
Shiny Celebi
Donator Tier 3

Maybe in that case a Komodo Dragon might not be aggressive around humans but other animals it may be a different story, I mean Im not keeping that kind of thing in the house with a small cat, I prefer a more conventional pet ^^; The most exotic animal Ive kept is a parakeet.
Old December 24th, 2012, 01:14 PM
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

Pretty much any pet would have to be away from your cat, though? Unless it's a dog or another cat. Snakes really do make good pets, though. Unless you're squeamish around (potentially dead) rodents. I've grown used to having to handle dead newborn mice and it doesn't even bother me anymore.
Old December 24th, 2012, 01:30 PM
Shiny Celebi
Donator Tier 3

The problem I have with having a pet snake is feeding it live food( or dead rodents) because I hate seeing dead animals. Im not squeamish,just disturbed to see it.
Old December 24th, 2012, 01:50 PM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

The same can apply to monitor lizards, as you can feed it live food (from what I know from the weird side of youtube).
Old December 24th, 2012, 02:33 PM
Oryx
Of the pigeon, by the pigeon, for the pigeon
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
I dissected a cat once, does that count?
PM
Old December 24th, 2012, 02:41 PM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

Cat dissection would be considered as cruel since people have bonds with both cats, dogs, and horses.
Old December 24th, 2012, 03:02 PM
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny Celebi View Post
The problem I have with having a pet snake is feeding it live food( or dead rodents) because I hate seeing dead animals. Im not squeamish,just disturbed to see it.
Get a constrictor, then. The method of feeding a mouse to a small constrictor (larger ones eat (a) rat(s)) is pretty simply and you never need to see it, dead or alive. Even if it's live, the people at the pet store may kill it for you (the ones at mine will) upon your request. Then you just put the snake in the paper bag with the mouse and set it in the tank. The only times you would need to see the mice would be when they're alive (and only when the pet store staff is showing you to find out how big of a mouse you need).

I don't mean to push it on you, by any means. You seem interested, though, so I'm just (attempting) to help out. (:
Old December 24th, 2012, 05:34 PM
Naruto Uzumaki
memories.
Community Supporter

I've worked with hundreds of snakes, ranging from corns to retics to even green anacondas. Never get tired of them. Even went to the NARBC show this year and boy was it a blast! Wasn't able to buy one tho. I'd suggest a Ball Python if anyone is looking to get one, and they come in a wide variety of paint jobs. But their price can range from $25 to $45,000. VM me if you want more info! I can go on forever with reptiles ranging from monitors to snakes to geckos.
http://www.worldofballpythons.com/morphs/
Your siren wails endlessly
Open up

l MAL l

Last edited by Livewire; December 24th, 2012 at 11:13 PM. Reason: No unsoliticed advertising.
Old December 24th, 2012, 06:43 PM
Team Fail
The fine line between in|sanity
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanto_Johto View Post
If you reared a Komodo Dragon, chances are it would never try to eat you and you'd be able to form a bond/friendship with it. There's a couple in Africa that did this with a sick Hippo calf, and since then it still practically lives with them and has never lashed out at them despite being a fully grown adult (hippos are the world's most aggressive animal btw).
If that were the case, it'd be kinda cool to have one. Chances are they're illegal exotic pets in like a lot of the world.

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Follow me on Twitter! @TeamFail
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online
Alt 2: Jack Cayman

[04:20.39] <@GoGo> I WILL INSERT WITH PLEASURE
[04:20.45] <@GoGo> shut it Bela

[05:41.55] <Team_Fail> Blue Spider is interesting, but #MEHMasterRace
[05:42.20] <diegoisawesome> Team_Fail: Sounds like a bunch of unmotivated people that still want to try to take over the world
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here