The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Scripts & Tutorials

Notices

Scripts & Tutorials This forum is for scripts and code, as well as all kinds of tutorials, software, tools and so forth. Remember to give credit!
The thread revival limit does not apply here.

Old July 26th, 2013, 09:52 AM
SixMetapods
This Is My Custom User Title

hey, nice work.

I downloaded it and got it running on windows 8.
The only hiccup for me was that there was a \b in the path to the game. lol.

Are you still working on it?
Old July 27th, 2013, 02:04 AM
andytu
Ditto engine developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixMetapods View Post
hey, nice work.

I downloaded it and got it running on windows 8.
The only hiccup for me was that there was a \b in the path to the game. lol.

Are you still working on it?
Thanks! Glad to hear you got it running. Once there's a stable release we'll have to spend a bit of time making sure it works straight out of the box.

It is still being developed, basically just getting all the various menus and the battle system sorted, and we may even manage a release!
Old July 27th, 2013, 01:28 PM
SixMetapods
This Is My Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by andytu View Post
Thanks! Glad to hear you got it running. Once there's a stable release we'll have to spend a bit of time making sure it works straight out of the box.

It is still being developed, basically just getting all the various menus and the battle system sorted, and we may even manage a release!
Great, can't wait to see the new stuff you are adding. There is probably lots of tedious stuff to code in the battle system, right? These types of things often have a lot more to them than you would think.
Old July 29th, 2013, 02:44 AM
andytu
Ditto engine developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixMetapods View Post
Great, can't wait to see the new stuff you are adding. There is probably lots of tedious stuff to code in the battle system, right? These types of things often have a lot more to them than you would think.
Yeah there is. On the plus side, the battle system is at least quite fun to test and you get quite quick results. It's when it gets to implementing 100+ move effects that it'll start to drag I think...
Old September 30th, 2013, 03:27 PM
andytu
Ditto engine developer

Well, Ditto is now over a year old! To be honest I'm not sure I ever thought it'd get this far!

I've put up a new video, which you can watch here:

Thank you to everyone who has helped and supported this project.
Old September 30th, 2013, 05:32 PM
Alexandre

Nature: Lonely
Looks really good mate. I've always enjoyed Python as language, its a shame I don't get to use it more often and get better at it.
Old October 5th, 2013, 07:14 AM
andytu
Ditto engine developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandre View Post
Looks really good mate. I've always enjoyed Python as language, its a shame I don't get to use it more often and get better at it.
Cheers! Python's great, the only problem when you switch to any other language you realise how spoilt you've been...
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links