The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > General Chat

Notices

General Chat Reporting for duty!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 26th, 2012, 11:41 PM
Mr. Downstairs
Community Supporter

What type of people do you tend to gravitate towards?

Assume you're in a new classroom. Nobody knows eachother. People are doing their own thing before the class begins. For example, what thing would a person be doing that would inspire you to start a conversation with them? Are there any personality traits that you see in other people that instantly make you want to be their friend? And so on and so forth.
Old December 27th, 2012, 07:39 AM
von Weltschmerz
the first born unicorn

Tbh... if I can smell some of the herb on you... or see you smoking it, then I'll be quick to start up a convo with you, aha. They ain't nothing I like more than making more stoner friends, aha.

But with that usually comes something else that I like. A relaxed attitude that shows they enjoy life. A smile here, a laugh there. Something that lets me know they are genuine, good natured people. I don't really like the rowdy crowd... but come on, they gotta be interesting! Able to have fun even when there isn't anything "fun" to do. I think tho, above all, would be a good sense of maturity and morality. Know what is right and wrong and when it is right wrong. If I notice such about you, then I will forever be your best friend.
Old December 27th, 2012, 07:53 AM
outfox
in

Send a message via Skype™ to outfox
Quote:
Originally Posted by von Weltschmerz View Post
Tbh... if I can smell some of the herb on you... or see you smoking it, then I'll be quick to start up a convo with you, aha. They ain't nothing I like more than making more stoner friends, aha.
Hey! Let's be frans! Stoners know stoners, and I've never met a fellow stoner who wasn't intensely amicable and willing to offer company. I give credit for all of my friendships outside of school to weed.
Old December 27th, 2012, 09:00 AM
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
I avoid people I don't know. T: So I generally wouldn't talk to anyone unless they're friendly toward me and/or I've spent time around them.
(Copy/paste the above into your browser)
Old December 27th, 2012, 09:31 AM
Esper

If I see someone with a book I'll be more attracted to that person, but I'll know that, seeing as they're reading a book in a group of people, they probably don't want to socialize so I'll give them their space. I'll keep in mind that they're a reader so that, should some conversation happen to start for some reason, I'll know that I have a good chance of not being awkward with them and having something to talk about.

deviantart blog pair
Old December 27th, 2012, 09:16 PM
Sassy Milkshake
It's ok to cry.

Nature: Sassy
After everyone one in the room has done their "gravitating", then I'll gravitate towards whoever is left haha. I'm more of the reserved awkward type, so being with people who are like that probably works out best.

Old December 27th, 2012, 10:09 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
I tend to gravitate towards the people who seem or look cool to me.

Old December 28th, 2012, 07:41 PM
Hannah
exceptionally ordinary

Nature: Calm
I'd just stay where I am, draw on a piece of paper and ignore everybody, and wait for them to talk to me. I'm not the conversation starter. I usually let them talk to me first. I'm not picky on who I talk to.

i ii iii iv
you're just as
sane as i am

Old December 28th, 2012, 07:44 PM
LilJz
Zoeeyyyyy! ♥
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Nope, just sit in the back corner and pop out my DS and start playing some Pokemon games. If anyone is interested in being my friend, they're welcome. If no one talks to me, oh well, whatever 8)
Old December 29th, 2012, 12:19 AM
Brynjolf
It's so overt it's covert

I don't talk much, but I actually like talking to people who are equally as dorky as me, or equally as gay as me. There's this girl in my class who's a total dyke, and I freaking love to strike up conversations with her because she's #1 pretty #2 plays hockey #3 interesting, ect ect. I also like to talk to the popular people sometimes because I'm a fairly sociable person when my parents aren't supervising me. (I'm much more funny and friendly)
Old December 29th, 2012, 08:44 AM
antemortem
resign to your demons

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to antemortem
I think I'm more attracted (relatively speaking) to people that seem more focused on something rather than the ones goofing off. or doing something unproductive.
Old December 29th, 2012, 02:16 PM
Kura
vimeo.com/67501143

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kura
I don't think I gravitate towards anyone in particular. I try to be fair and friendly to everyone, honestly. But I guess I am drawn more to people who try to make an effort to be genuinely friendly (not fake) in return.
Old December 29th, 2012, 06:41 PM
Katholic Nun
of the Khristian Kollection

Nature: Adamant
This is really pathetic, but the personality trait I'd like to see is that person talking to me haha. If someone wants to talk to me then that's more than enough to get me to want to talk to them too.

Outside of that though, I think I'd gravitate toward people telling jokes or doing something nerdy like playing a 3DS.

Moderator of General Chat
PAIR(S)|NOW|TUMBLR
"like when AT&T was paying for our meals in dallas you bet your ass I ordered the lamb" - Oryx, 2014 A.D.
Old December 30th, 2012, 06:53 AM
Forever
let it go

People would likely talk to me first as in general I'm a shy person.

Nevertheless, the trait that'd make me WANT to be friends with them is to have fun or be funny. If they look like they're having fun or are funny, then ya I want to be friends with them :3
Old December 30th, 2012, 05:14 PM
shenanigans
Staff Admin

I don't care if the person is talking to me or not, but if I see someone talking a lot and in a group of people, I'll likely gravitate towards them. That've probably got something interesting to say which'll give some good grounds to start a conversation on.

Inversely though, and sorta weirdly I guess, if someone's not talking to anyone at but seems at least somewhat approachable, I'll talk to them too. They'd probably rather not be all on their own and it'd be an easy conversation for me to steer how I want to. Slightly manipulative side of me showing through there, haha.
[07/08/2014 15:43:15] ‎keiran: my name is YAMI YUGI and i was a card-playing pharoah in my past life *summons blue-eyes white privilege*
Old January 2nd, 2013, 12:01 AM
Elite Overlord LeSabre™
Classic Elegance
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I gravitate toward the people who seem similar to me, either personality wise or interest-wise if I happen to overhear their conversation (or their clothing announces it). For me, that means the people who are a bit more reserved and less rowdy, and those with big-eyed anime characters on their T-shirts lol

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* VG Claims
* Friend Codes
Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP
Friend Safari:
*GMC Safari
*Pontiac Safari
*Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser
Old January 2nd, 2013, 05:44 AM
Twilight Sky
» s t r a w b e r r y fields ♪

Send a message via AIM to Twilight Sky Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Twilight Sky Send a message via Skype™ to Twilight Sky
People who have a sense of humour.

Can't really put it any plainly than that. Enjoy life! Don't be so serious about things, and find time to smile, and you'll be fine~!
Old January 2nd, 2013, 06:03 AM
Seki
You idiot!

Nature: Jolly
I wait for a person to start a conversation with me. Thats me, I am always like that, even on PC.

VM | PM | MyAnimeList | Theme | Pairs | Previously
Old January 4th, 2013, 02:58 PM
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

Location: Boston, MA, USA, Earth, Sun Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Nature: Careful
I gravitate towards people with standards similar to mine, so I'd probably go and make friends with the kid that is studying or making use of himself.
But the more I try to move on, the more I feel alone
So I watch the summer stars to lead me home.

Old January 4th, 2013, 04:46 PM
Jak
got a nickname?

Nature: Timid
I never really initiate a conversation, actually. I may do something to try to get them to initiate one, but I never do it on my own. But the people that I likely want to talk to probably have something eccentric about them, like a strange hair color or dress style. Though I'm afraid I'll be rejected due to lack of "risks" on my body. No crazy hair or piercings...all the eccentric stuff about me is in the personality. lol Or if someone wears a shirt with video game characters or has some video game apparel, I'm likely to talk to them, if it's a common interest (not here for Call of Duty merch ok). And hot guys...I'd gravitate towards them if my gravitational pull didn't die when I look at them.

Oh, and I love the funny people. Usually once I feel comfortable in a classroom setting, I'm the "funny people" but I end up really wanting to talk to the funny person in class. I love making people laugh, and someone that does the same is great in my book.

Destiny calls on me.
i will be away from august 9th - 19th
paired to klippy, mr. downstairs, and dracul
Old January 10th, 2013, 01:20 AM
pikakitten
You met with a terrible fate

Nature: Naughty
Maybe that they dress properly might catch my eye, that they're nice would get me talking and share something in common would make me friends with someone xD
Old January 10th, 2013, 05:36 AM
♣Gawain♣
Onward to Music!!!

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ♣Gawain♣ Send a message via Yahoo to ♣Gawain♣
The ones who is always asking questions about space and biological science. Because we can brainstorm and giving out useful bits of info.

VM Δ PMPairsDeviantArtPlaying...ClubsTheme
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links