The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > Discussions & Debates

Notices

Discussions & Debates The place to go for slightly more in-depth topics. Discussions and debates about the world, current events, ideas, news, and more.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 27th, 2012, 08:48 AM
outfox
in

Send a message via Skype™ to outfox

Advertise here

Here we are in the White House Situation room, on the first of May in 2011, receiving an update on the hunt for Osama bin Laden. Our leaders' faces reflect that the news must have been jarring, the most human-looking being Mrs. Clinton's. Bin Laden's official date of death was the following day, many sources giving testimony to the gruesomeness of the murder.

Quote:
Tonight, we are once again reminded that America can do whatever we set our mind to. That is the story of our history, whether it’s the pursuit of prosperity for our people, or the struggle for equality for all our citizens; our commitment to stand up for our values abroad, and our sacrifices to make the world a safer place.

Let us remember that we can do these things not just because of wealth or power, but because of who we are.
President Obama on the killing of bin Laden

Is a killing really an achievement that can be compared to landing on the moon or the modern form of democracy? I can't bring myself to consider it one. I would consider bin Laden having been brought to trial an acheivement, but I don't believe revenge is anything to be proud of. What do you think?
Old December 27th, 2012, 10:31 AM
PokéZoom
~Gotta Catch Em All

Nature: Serious
I'd normally say no one deserves to die, but Bin Laden did deserve to die in my opinion.
It's definitely not an achievement that could be compared to landing on the moon, but it's still a good thing that guy isn't around anymore.

It's the next chapter, the ultimate goal! Ready for battle, brave and bold!
PokéZoom.com | PokéZoom Forums | PokéZoom Oekaki
Old December 27th, 2012, 11:37 AM
Kura
vimeo.com/67501143

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kura
I have no pity on anyone and all who purposely hurt others. It's not about who deserves to die or not, it is about taking action to prevent any more innocent casualties. However it should have been left at that and they should have pulled troops out- there's no more reason to fight IMO.
Old December 28th, 2012, 09:15 PM
Livewire
でんきタイプ

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Livewire
Osama Bin Laden was dealt justice. But bumper stickers and the like are pretty vulgar and tasteless.

Sponsored Links

Advertise here