The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge

Notices

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 9th, 2013, 06:10 PM
Raikiri
Vanguard
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave

Advertise here
@MinnesotanGamer: Actually, the Elves are pretty damn religious. They worship Andal and Tellas as their primary gods. It is the Creation Myth as I reference the Elves being created by Tella in that story. Your character can be an atheist if you want.

SPEAKING OF GODS. I have provided a short list of some "lesser" gods in the Council of Nine religion. Many of them are children of the nine, hence them being lesser gods. This is for anyone who wishes to throw religious references, such as Retro Bug, into their posts.

Spoiler:

Lesser Gods (or "The Gods")

Alska: Goddess of Love, Lust, Beauty and Sexual Pleasure (Manifestation of Fortis and Makara's Love)

Valstand: God of Thieves, Night, Shadows and Wealth (Son of Dabel and a Human);

Cadus: God of Wine, Festivals, Pleasure and Riches (Son of Dabel and a Human); Brother of Valstand

Faber: God of Smithing, Sculpture, and Construction (Son of Thordain and Flamma); Primarily Dwarven God

Mortalitas: God of Death and Passing (Creation of Dabel and Andal); Serves as the Grim Reaper

Vella: Goddess of Harvest, Seasons, and Fertility (Daughter of Fortis and Makara); Controller of Seasons

Heirata: Goddess of Marriage, Childbirth, Women, Motherhood and Kings (Daughter of Andal and Tella)

Venora: Goddess of the Hunt, Wilderness, Wild Animals (Demigod turned God by Tella)

Domare: God of Judgement (Son of Andal and Tella); Gatekeeper of Heaven, Blind

Cantus: Goddess of Culture (Music, Art, Literature) (Daughter of Fortis and Makara)

Reisen: God of Trade, Messengers and Travel (Son of Atlantia and Valstand)

Morbi: God of Plague and Disease (Demigod turned God by Dabel)

Lilyth: Goddess of Demons and Blood Magic, Queen of Infernum (Daughter of Dabel and Makara via rape); Dabel's first child*

Paired with the manly Supervegeta
Old April 9th, 2013, 06:49 PM
MinnesotanGamer
Insert Something Interesting

Nature: Calm
Hmm, interesting, I must have missed that. How silly of me. Well then, time to change that!

Old April 10th, 2013, 05:38 PM
Garet
GhostFire

I'm not quite sure whether I want to join this roleplay, but I wanted to know if there were any open spots.
Old April 10th, 2013, 06:22 PM
Vintage Arachnid
im always watchin
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Vintage Arachnid
Yay! New Goddess and Gods to work into my posts, this will be great.

Andal & Tella forever.

THE EXTREMELY JEALOUS PAIR OF CAREFULWETPAINT
Old April 10th, 2013, 06:23 PM
revlis
Ooh, Ooh! I vote makeovers!
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Raikiri, SV, I'm still in this, just waiting on Skymin when she returns to see if she wants to do another joint post.
Old April 10th, 2013, 06:23 PM
CarefulWetPaint
Time to Say Goodbye
Community Supporter

Clearly Auden won't be killing the necromancer so everyone else in the knights hurry and post! I wanna move onnnn.
Old April 10th, 2013, 07:10 PM
SV
It was justified

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garet View Post
I'm not quite sure whether I want to join this roleplay, but I wanted to know if there were any open spots.
There are still spots open, on both sides, in fact. Feel free to sign up if you'd like. I believe Kiklion is trying for a merc spot, so if you like, you can balance it out with a knight spot, though that's not necessarily required.

Raikiri and I are working on a JP for the knights. We'll be done soon, likely on Thursday.

The rest of you knights and mercs...POST POST POST!

Paired with the Epic Raikiri
Old April 11th, 2013, 11:15 AM
Garet
GhostFire

Okay, I've decided to go ahead and make an SU.

Name: Jared Ti'Hannan
Race: Human
Country of Origin: Shingou (or is it Shinguo?)

Appearance: Without his weapons and armor, Jared would appear to be a traveling Shingouese man, though that in itself may be unusual enough to draw attention. He stands at a mere 5'4", not intimidating in itself, with a wiry build that doesn't easily reveal Jared's strength underneath his apparel. WIP

Personality: (when evaluating the sheet, this section is probably the most important, and which might require the most work)

History: (Your back story. We urge you to look at country profiles when making your history, but this being an original world, feel free to roam. If you would like to make up a House, or a town, feel free to do so. There are few, if any, limits, we impose here.)

Weapon Preference: (Jared's main weapon is his yew longbow. A samurai-like sword is Jared's secondary weapon, called a katana for easier reference.)

RP Sample:
Other:
Side: Knights of Ekilore (preferably, to keep some balance between the two groups' numbers; I could go with either)

So, in case I don't read through all the IC posts, what do I need to know about IC events?

Last edited by Garet; April 19th, 2013 at 09:48 AM.
Old April 12th, 2013, 12:16 AM
SV
It was justified

Here's a summary of what happened on the knights side.

The group arrived from their varied destinations, and there, the Monks of Ekilore explained the meaning of their summoning and the prophecy that they heard, which told of the discovery of an object which held the key to 'everlasting peace', which was embodied in an object known as the Orb of Ardor. The legends surrounding this orb suggest that it would be able to fix all the chaos that is sweeping the land. Though the prophecy they heard was cryptic, the knights eventually accepted the quest to find the many shards of the orb, which were cut and separated across Aerion long ago. Their first shard was said to be in Shinguo. In Shinguo, they were greeted by the Emperor of Shinguo's advisor, a man named Yoshuro, who explained to them of an ancient Necromancer who used the power of that shard to help him in his rituals of summoning the undead to do his bidding. The Knight head over to find the Necromancer's lair, and stop him and secure the first shard of the orb.

That's basically what's going on on the Knight part. Feel free to try and read through if you ever get a chance. Since the Knights are already on their quest, you'd likely be a character that would join up with them on their trip at some point the likes of which would be up to you.

Old April 16th, 2013, 08:42 PM
Raikiri
Vanguard
Community Supporter

So here is a little recap of what is going on/going to happen.

Knights: There should be a joint post from SV and myself later this week for you guys to get the last phase of the Necromancer fight going. After that post is up, you can basically bunny the Necromancer a bit and fight him, but do not kill him. I have a plan for that.

Mercenaries: You are currently being led away from the bigger room and fighting the 'bandits' (Steel Safe members). With the daughter already in check, you don't have to necessarily kill everyone, although they'll likely not let you leave easily without a fight. Expect much resistance as you fight, but the narrow corrdors that the mercs now find themselves in takes away part of the number advantage of the enemy. After that, because Cass is pissed, we are going to take out the boss of these 'bandits.'

Keep a posting, everyone!

Old April 16th, 2013, 08:54 PM
revlis
Community Supporter

Goddamnit, Alys is already on the brink of death, she's not going to survive a boss fight with like 10HP left. WHERE IS THE HEALER?!?!?!?!?!
Old April 20th, 2013, 10:27 AM
Nomsammich
The Cleric!

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Skype™ to Nomsammich
Hello all! I've been a bit busy as of late and haven't been around but I've been keeping up on the post and thank you to whoever saved Heva - I can't remember their name right now and I'm too lazy to go to the post right now, hehe.

Also, as such wonderful roleplayers you all are I wanted to recommend a site that I think some of you would enjoy - if you haven't heard of it. The sites called Mizahar you can find it here. It's based off a completely made up world that has it's own rules, words and continent. The lore is expansive and massive but you would only need to look at what you're interested in AFTER you made a character. Before you make a character however you would do good to read most of the basic requirements before making one. Because, if you make a character and are completely ignorant of the rules that apply to the world and your character you won't be able to play them until said rules are read and you have proven this to the 'storytellers' (mods) in the site. Of course if you read the rules before creating a character this can all be avoided.

This is just a site suggestion that I have found to be a very fun asset to my writing and such. I have a character there now named Azcadelia Rosan. So, if it interests you be sure to contact me if you need some help understanding some of the requirements and such.

Thanks for the awesome roleplay and I hope to be around more and more to write you lot.
Old April 20th, 2013, 09:21 PM
Kikpanther
Not a beginner that's for sure
Community Supporter

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kikpanther
Spoiler:
Name: Anlem Taegor
Race: Dwarf
Country of Origin: Falke
Appearance: Anlem has long, red hair, beard, and mustache. His hair doesn't go down his back, but only to his shoulders. His beard, however, drops down passed his chest (though not ridiculously far) and he has very little intention of cutting it. His mustache is also long, but doesn't reach down as far as his beard. Anlem's facial hair is decorated (though not heavily) with silver bands, though they're moreso to keep it neat. Anlem usually keeps his hair in a ponytail, but he is known to have it loose.

Anlem, like most (if not all) dwarves, is a muscular fellow and has a large build. He lifts heavy things with very little problems and doesn't mind wearing a little extra weight in clothing. His hands are large and so are his feet. There aren't many ways I can currently think of to describe his size. But, moving on... Since he's traveling, Anlem wears very little of what could be considered armor. He does, however, wear thick clothing like leathers and sheep skins that, while not as formidable as armor, is not so easy to pierce through. He doesn't wear a helmet, since he doesn't have room to even consider that (or the money). Anlem does have armor arm bands that he took with him from his home and armor knee pads (caps? shields? armor?) that are covered over by his thick, but heavy boots. Anlem carries around a satchel with him where he carries his journal and two other books that will fit. He also carries his hammer on his back.

Personality: Anlem is actually rather calm. Though not passive, Anlem is not one to get particularly excited over an incident. Unless it's a matter of life or death, Anlem is not particularly bothered and is more likely to be calm, carefree, and possibly joking. Not surprisingly, Anlem likes calm moments and serene places. He is more inclined to think than his family members, and while he has a potential to be scholarly, is not necessarily so. He is smart, but he isn't a genius. Anlem is mostly self-educated and a lack of money gives him an understandable lack of resources. He likes to read, though the places he's been have not been so generous when it came to the question of a library, and he also likes to write, which he has his own blank book for. Anlem writes often and every day. Usually journal entries, observations of people, descriptions of places, discoveries, or maybe even a bit of information that he thinks is funny or interesting. Sometimes he'll jot down the occasional bout of literary inspiration, but all-in-all, what he writes is not fictional. Sometimes, rather than deal with the boring and monotonous, Anlem will take to daydreaming.

Anlem, more than once a day, makes himself seem oblivious or vulnerable. It's not at all on purpose, but Anlem often seems as though he's vulnerable or in his own world. This is much the contrary. Anlem may have his mind away at times, but this is by no means constant. His silence is merely his way of observation. Anlem is an observant fellow and takes note of everything he sees and hears and remembers them very well. Sometimes he writes it down, most of the time he doesn't, but Anlem's eye is quick to catch the little things. His fighting ability is neither determined by his sometimes lack of attention. When he needs to fight, he fights, and well. One has to remember that Anlem is a dwarf, a member of a race with a militaristic and weapon-obsessed culture. He learned how to use a weapon at a young age and hasn't forgotten a thing. Presently he fights with a large war hammer, and while he isn't fond of warring, he takes good pleasure in it.

History: Anlem was born in Falke in a little place called Kambi. Actually, it wasn't a little place, it was a big city. A big city populated mostly by the dwarven race. Though they weren't dwarves themselves, the ruling house of this city was House Gullin. Kimba was an overall peaceful place, though there have been instances where the city has bullied its surrounding towns, more out of the whim of the people than the Gullins. Kambi was a place where making weapons was like tradition and, in its small culture, Kambi has families that specialize in certain fields. Anlem was born to one of the families that made weapons.

When Anlem was old enough to lift a hammer, he was learning how to make a weapon. From weapons made from metal to weapons made from wood, Anlem was to learn every part of it--though it wasn't that often that he made anything out of wood. After he made a weapon he'd learn how to use it and was strictly taught on dwarven fighting techniques. As a child, Anlem enjoyed it because as a child, Anlem liked to hit things. When he was young, he was almost famous for his use of weapons, not because of his skill, but because of his enthusiasm for swinging his hammer. He would make fake wars with anything like boxes or trees or cats (though the cats usually won) and would be excited for any other challenger to come his way. As Anlem grew older, his fighting skills became competent, though he never became the champion of Kambi, he was still formidable like his peers. It was a natural and expected transition for Anlem to go from child, to fighter, and to weapon maker. However, as Anlem kept growing, so did his ideas.

It was a surprise to his parents when he told them that he'd rather read and write than make weapons. He didn't exactly get a happy reception, but by then Anlem's fighting activity had gone down and his more personal time had went to literary things. His family members were already thinking he was odd, or that maybe something was wrong with him, but that moment confirmed the suspicion. After that Anlem didn't exactly get a good reputation around the city, though he still fought well and still made weapons. When his younger sibling was skilled enough to make weapons themselves, he left the city to find and inspiration and escape the more than judgmental or disappointed eyes of his peers.

Weapon Preference: WAR HAMMER (Great Hammer)
RP Sample: There's nothing I like more than a walk in the park with my two best friends: My dog and a large vanilla ice cream with sprinkles. Yum.

Other:
Side: Mercenaries

UP AND COMING SU

Last edited by Kikpanther; April 24th, 2013 at 09:47 PM.
Old April 20th, 2013, 09:34 PM
revlis
Community Supporter

I think it's about time to, again, announce my long term (read: short) absence from Aerion due to creative differences between myself and the Game Masters. I am sorry for any inconvenience this may cause, but if you have a problem, take it up with Supervegeta.

kthnxbai.
Old April 25th, 2013, 07:02 PM
Raikiri
Vanguard
Community Supporter

@Kikilion: THIS IS THE WORST SU I HAVE EVER READ. OMG WHAT IS THIS.

YOU ARE ACCEPTED. WELCOME TO THE PARTY. YOU WILL POST WHEN I SAY SO. WHICH IS SOON.

Old April 27th, 2013, 08:11 AM
Vintage Arachnid
im always watchin
Community Supporter

Oops, I overslept, which means I don't have time to do a post until very late Sunday night or Monday night. Sorry guys!

Old May 9th, 2013, 11:12 AM
SV
It was justified

No one has posted in this thread in a bit, and with my internet back as most of you know, I guess I'll do the honors!

Knights and Mercs are heading to the end of their arcs, and we'll be getting started soon on the following parts. Great stuff ahead!

Old May 9th, 2013, 03:51 PM
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon

GREAT STUFF GREAT STUFF!!

so i should post before the end of the arc, yeah?
Old May 12th, 2013, 09:25 PM
SV
It was justified

Alright, guys. We've got posts up! Knights are advancing towards their next 'arcs', so to speak. They're on the ship right now, so it gives you guys some time to have some character interaction while the mercs skip forward as well, which should happen soon too. (Likely Wednesday). Then, we'll get things rolling!

Old May 13th, 2013, 08:03 AM
Sweet_Dreams
i is a gud righter

Nature: Mild
Sorry about the absence there, but I posted eventually and that's what counts. (Right? RIGHT?!)
Old May 13th, 2013, 12:56 PM
Nomsammich
The Cleric!

Send a message via Skype™ to Nomsammich
Real. Life. Can. Suck. Sometimes.

Apologizing for a long absence as of late because of IRL problems that I would prefer to keep private. Hopefully Heva is on the ship with the knights and I'd like to use that time to jump on board with her lore and background as to how she got apart of the knights - if that is alright.

EDIT: I would like some clarification before I can post.
Old May 13th, 2013, 06:12 PM
Vintage Arachnid
im always watchin
Community Supporter

Every Knight (so Heva included) is aboard the ship with Roland and Percival, even though they don't mention us because they're too self absorbed. Unfortunately, they sorta skipped a bit, oh well!

Also, CarefulWetPaint and myself will be doing a joint post and if anyone wants to have character interactions with our characters we would love for you to join our post or we can have our characters come up to yours!

Old May 13th, 2013, 07:59 PM
Raikiri
Vanguard
Community Supporter

@Nomsammich
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro Bug View Post
Every Knight (so Heva included) is aboard the ship with Roland and Percival, even though they don't mention us because they're too self absorbed. Unfortunately, they sorta skipped a bit, oh well!

Also, CarefulWetPaint and myself will be doing a joint post and if anyone wants to have character interactions with our characters we would love for you to join our post or we can have our characters come up to yours!
This is pretty much answering your question. We only made a Roland/Percival post to move the plot along relatively quickly out of our own impatience. So yes you can post a bit about how Heva got in or simply just jump in with the others and interact a bit. We haven't had a lot of time for the characters to interact so if all the Knights are up for it, we can spend a few posts doing that before moving on with the plot again. This next story arc or season ( I am watching too much Game of Thrones so I like the word season, so this can be considered Season 2) will have a fair amount of opportunities for character interaction. We can get started early! :D

Hope SV doesn't mind.

Old May 27th, 2013, 01:04 PM
SV
It was justified

Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers is accepted, again! Welcome back to Aerion!

Old May 27th, 2013, 04:23 PM
MinnesotanGamer
Insert Something Interesting

Alright, so...computer problems...

My computer is having a whole slew of problems, most of which are incredibly difficult to fix. As a result, I am deciding to reinstall my operating system, and work my way back from there. As a result, I will probably be gone for a little while if something goes wrong, although hopefully nothing does...

Be back soon! I hope...

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here