The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > Chit Chat Café

Notices

Chit Chat Café Wondering what your fellow members are eating for breakfast? Want to chat about the weather or other silly things? Idle chit-chat and polls go here.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 28th, 2012, 05:43 AM
Solace
simon ferocious

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Solace
Are you a rebel, as in someone who is usually, if not always, against rules and will do whatever you can to bypass said rules? How come? Or are you quite the contrary, someone who abides by a strict set of rules set in place by society/specific venues/your peers? How come?
Old December 28th, 2012, 06:17 AM
curiousnathan
I will find you

Nature: Quiet
I don't abide by the rules super adherently, but I don't like to break them either. I can be rebellious depending on the situation and whether I think the rules need tweaking or alteration in some way. Generally, I'm not the rebellious types, but sometimes it all just depends on the situation I'm in.

moderator |
lovely pair | PC live
Old December 28th, 2012, 09:50 AM
Shiny Celebi
Donator Tier 3

I usually follow rules, I dont like punishment. Though there are times when I feel rules are unreasonable or stupid or too strict, so Im tempted to bend them a little in those cases.
Old December 28th, 2012, 10:01 AM
outfox
in

Send a message via Skype™ to outfox
I've never done well with boundaries and authority. Ironically, my job is to set boundaries and enforce rules.
Old December 28th, 2012, 10:11 AM
Patchisou Yutohru

I abide by rules I agree with and understand. I don't go out of my way to break rules I don't agree with or understand the purpose of, but I don't have them in mind and act with caution for when I should or shouldn't do something.

Socially, I do what I feel like. I generally don't conform to society's rules on social interaction. I'm the type of person who tends to break someone's personal bubble by getting a little too close sometimes in social interaction and who says things with random observations that people think are really weird. I ask questions when I'm wondering something without any shame in what I'm asking (Once I asked my manager if he could fire a coworker). I tend to act on urges or sudden desires, which makes me feel like I'm living life the way I should and kind of gives me a rush (though I don't do that recklessly). I'll sit on the ground if I feel the urge to sit on the ground. I am a free spirit!
Old December 28th, 2012, 10:11 AM
LilJz
Legendary lovers♥

I was a huuuuuge rebel back when I was a teenager. I used to disobey my parents, everyone at school, I would steal from lots of store, I would do graffiti with my friends. I guess it's because I've been such a rebel my whole life that my teenage years was quite rough too lol.

Now, I'm actually abiding by the law. And left my rebel side. But whenever the time is needed, I can go back to my rebel roots whenever it's necessary '
Old December 28th, 2012, 04:17 PM
Sheep

Nature: Timid
I'm pretty timid so I'm nowhere near a rebel. I prefer to abide by the rules even when I don't agree with them (unless it's to a major extent); would rather not face the consequences either and understand rules are usually there for good reasons.

pair | family | irl pair | lovelies
club 1 club 2 club 3 club 4
Old December 28th, 2012, 04:49 PM
Toujours
Howling Poros

Nature: Sassy
I don't break the rules just to rebel. I do break rules on occasion, but if I want to do something that's against a rule, I'm much more likely to do it through official channels (asking the people that made the rule, making an argument for why I should be able to break it, etc) than just break the rules.
Old December 28th, 2012, 07:37 PM
Hannah
exceptionally ordinary

Nature: Calm
I obey rules and such, but when I've had enough of it, I ignore them. As for the 'rebel' part, my friend calls me the 'mental rebel.' She explains it as someone who disobeys the rules mentally. I have no idea what she means by that.

i ii iii iv
you're just as
sane as i am

Old December 28th, 2012, 07:41 PM
⊗Slenderman⊗
Tyrunt

I generally go by rules, for the most part. Some of the time I just don't care, though. T:
Other times, I give in to my own impulses which involve doing things I know I shouldn't. But for the most part, I do obey rules.

Pokemon Y Pokedex entry
My Trade Review Thread
Just a Trade Sh⊗p
Paired to Amaura
Old December 29th, 2012, 01:14 AM
Insomniac
It's so overt it's covert.

Ehhh, I'm not the rebellious type really. I follow most of the rules within reason.
My parents are really strict and it frustrates me sometimes.

I usually just do stupid little stuff like play my iPod when I'm not supposed to and stay up real late. I even date, and in no way am I allowed to date, but I do it anyway, because how can I help loving someone?

I am usually pretty content with rules I am given, though.
Old December 29th, 2012, 12:26 PM
Minerva
the S I R E N S are calling

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Minerva
I'm only a rebel when I'm around people I know. When I'm around strangers, I'm usually quiet, and tend to follow the rules. So...let's say there's two sides of me. :P
Old December 29th, 2012, 01:53 PM
Kura
vimeo.com/67501143

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kura
I like rules because I like order. If people break rules for no valid reason.. I just view that as being blatantly disrespectful. If they break rules for a valid reason, then that's fine.
I feel like rules are set in place for a reason, and it's okay to challenge it, but they should still be regarded.
Old December 29th, 2012, 06:37 PM
Catholic Nun
Back in the habit.

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Catholic Nun
I like to challenge rules. I think a lot of them are dumb and nonsensical (much like the censor here on PokeCommunity which I quite famously despise) and if that's the case then I won't go out of my way to follow them. I do what I think is right and if the rule is contrary to that, then whoops.

Moderator of Chit Chat Cafe
Old December 30th, 2012, 01:52 AM
Ardent
I'm Alive

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Ardent
I go my own way and do what I decide is right.
If that means that i'm breaking every rule in the book then so be it.

If by 'rules' you mean things like "Do Not Enter" then I may just break a few...half for spite,half because it cracks me up to see how serious people take themselves.

Even if my pride is false.

Old December 30th, 2012, 10:14 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
I follow rules most of the time, but sometimes I bend them a little to suit my needs or wants, if necessary.

Old January 2nd, 2013, 09:57 AM
Twilight Sky
» s t r a w b e r r y fields ♪

Send a message via AIM to Twilight Sky Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Twilight Sky Send a message via Skype™ to Twilight Sky
I suppose I'm sort of a rebel, but sort of not. I'm going to follow rules even though I may disagree with them, but other times I might just end up being a rebel just for humour's sake.
Old January 2nd, 2013, 10:06 AM
Mama-Mamo
Togepi

Nature: Brave
For the most part, I'm not a rebel. I obey authority even if I don't always agree with it (for the most part).
But in terms of social norms, I feel like I'm "rebellious" in that sense. I don't really follow what everyone else is doing and I'm more of a leader than a follower. I dance to the beat of my own drum so to speak. (:

Yellow|HeartGold|Sapphire|Platinum|White

Working on HeartGold!
Old January 2nd, 2013, 11:41 AM
Starsprite
This is how we live!

Send a message via Skype™ to Starsprite
I like to pick my battles, really. I follow rules and sometimes even promote them if I can see a valid reason why they were put in place. However, if a rule doesn't seem quite right, I'll break it. Or ignore it.

Then again, having said that, I can think of certain times that I broke rules without a good reason. Just because I thought it'd be fun. xD

Sponsored Links