The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games

Notices

Video Games For non-Pokémon related game discussion. This area is for talking about computer and video gaming, from Nintendo to Sony, Microsoft to Sega, PC to Commodore.

Advertise here

Old December 29th, 2012, 08:04 PM
OrangeNess
Layton Lover

Nature: Docile

Advertise here
On Shigesato Itoi's Twitter, he announced the production of MOTHER reproductions. You can read about it here: http://earthboundcentral.com/2012/12...-developments/
How do you feel on this matter? Will it be released outside of Japan? Will it be a remake, or a virtual console release? Are you excited?
Old December 29th, 2012, 08:15 PM
Sydian
Reserved for Syd's house - Nook Homes

Nature: Timid
JOAJLFKS MY BODY IS READY I CANNOT CONTAIN MYSELF I NEED THIS. I hope this is done internationally. Please. Please. Please. Like I normally don't get excited but I'm legitimately sitting here all giddy about this.
Old December 29th, 2012, 08:21 PM
Patrick
Ya'll Are Weird
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Remakes? Ahhh... maybe MOTHER. The random encounters feel really archaic, and they should find a way to ease the grinding, but I can live without it. It might be better for getting new people to actually PLAY the first game (that was hard enough to get people to do when it was just EarthBound and a cancelled EB64). Just don't mess with that story no matter what. EarthBound is fine and it's too soon to do MOTHER 3. Besides, I don't want Itoi to have a meltdown over trying to produce another game, even if it is just a remake. That poor guy.

Re-releases? Now that I can get behind. I still doubt we'll see any of them outside of Japan, though. It's all those copyright issues with EarthBound, and I don't think NoA's gonna see MOTHERs 1 and 3 as selling points besides the fact.

Oh shoot. I absolutely forgot that they'd have to translate MOTHER 3 as well (and maybe the first one if they don't use the unreleased version, even as just a starting point (in which they could easily touch up some of the banter so it isn't unpolished in places)). There's no way NoA's gonna see that as viable with all the bad karma EB seems to have with that branch.

I guess it's back to importing.

Other Stuff That's Totally Uncool and Not Worth Your Time!

Last edited by Patrick; December 29th, 2012 at 08:27 PM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here