The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > General Chat

Notices

General Chat Reporting for duty!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 31st, 2012, 06:59 AM
shenanigans
in rainbows

Do you like yourself? What about yourself do you like specifically? Do you ever wish that others would be more like you?
Old December 31st, 2012, 07:05 AM
Nearsighted king of Ice
We'll get to that tomorrow

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Nearsighted king of Ice Send a message via Yahoo to Nearsighted king of Ice
well yeah I like myself, why wouldn't I? but I don't want others to be like me, my individuality is what I like about me the most.

Make sense? Oh, what fun is there in making sense?

Black FC: 1592-5761-9212
Pokemon X FC: 2921-9174-9000
Old December 31st, 2012, 07:20 AM
Overlord Drakow
-CONQUERER

Nature: Serious
I freaking love myself! I mean come on, I AM THE BLOODY OVERLORD, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! I PUT THE OVER IN OVERPOWERED, MUAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAA! OK so here's a list of things I like about myself.

- I am the Overlord
- I am the most powerful member on Pokecommunity
- I am an intellectually gifted individual
- I have an analytic mind and it is near impossible for most people to beat me logically
- I have sharp instincts and cat like reflexes which allow me to do things you wouldn't even believe were humanly possible
- I am fit and healthy, my body is both agile and strong
- I am talented in multiple things - karate, piano, video games, Pokemon TCG etc.
- I have a Mathematics degree and a black belt in karate
- I have a well paid job and am on a career path that I currently enjoy
- I am a highly adaptable person

Given more time I could probably list a whole bunch of other things but I think that's more than enough of me sticking my head up my own ass, haha.

As for the final bit, on one hand yeah I'd like it if more people were logically minded like myself but on the other hand I don't want people becoming too similar to me because I pride myself on my uniqueness.
Old December 31st, 2012, 08:45 AM
outfox
in

Send a message via Skype™ to outfox
Not at all. I'm stuck in this tumultuous vortex of self-criticism all the time. I bring it upon myself, so don't pity me. I think it's evident from everything I've ever posted that no one should aspire to be like me.
Old December 31st, 2012, 09:01 AM
Zebeedoo
asdfghjkl
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
i really, really, really, dislike myself. i've been like this since i was about 12. i've always had problems learning to love myself. i hide it very well though. i wouldn't really want people to be like me tbh, i have some pretty bad flaws... but i like being unique, original and individual. the only thing i like about myself, physically, are my eyes. XDD

Old December 31st, 2012, 09:12 AM
Axeliira
the sugar plum fairy

Nature: Brave
The only thing I like about myself is that I have a heavy heart towards my friends and family. I'm always helpful towards them, and I can never let them down.

That's kinda it. xD
One seems to hear words of good cheer from everywhere filling the air.
Oh how they pound, raising the sound. O'er hill and dale, telling their tale.
Gaily they ring while people sing songs of good cheer, Christmas is here!
Merry, Merry, Merry, Merry Christmas! Merry, Merry, Merry, Merry Christmas!
On on they send, on without end, their joyful tone to every home.
Moderator of FC&G ~ Paired to Buoysel & Kanzler

Old December 31st, 2012, 09:35 AM
Doppelgänger
Community Supporter

Not really. There is a lot about myself I want to change, and not much that I would keep the same.
Old December 31st, 2012, 11:53 AM
Sassy Milkshake
It's ok to cry.

Nature: Sassy
I pretty much hated myself for most of my life. Even though that's changed in recent years, I still don't love myself enoough that I would want people to be like me lol.

Old December 31st, 2012, 12:10 PM
Esper

I want people to be themselves, unless that means they're rude, annoying, hateful people. Then I'd want them to be like me because I'm (usually) not rude, annoying, or hateful.

I can't say I really like myself. I guess I just accept myself, but if another me were to appear I don't think I'd want to be around other me. I mean, I've got good qualities like anyone, but I never really feel like taking pride in them or anything.

deviantart blog pair
Old December 31st, 2012, 01:59 PM
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Other people can be however they want.
As outfox said, lots of self criticism. I also have no self esteem. I'm neutral about myself, leaning toward dislike. Mainly because I see myself as an annoying, immature, self-criticizing (as mentioned), weird, aggressive sadist.

But I'm in a decent mood right now. Other times I wonder how I manage to live with/as myself (;
(Copy/paste the above into your browser)
Old December 31st, 2012, 04:36 PM
Broken_Arrow
Paper plane~

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to Broken_Arrow
yeah,i would be lying if i said i don't because i do like myself and also i think that i'm one of my kind as nobody is me no one like me..i think that i'm a unique person..different..might be better than some people might be worse but i like who i am...and i don't want anyone to be like me..because being me is hard for anyone! haha...everyone has his\her unique ways...and i want to be always a different person!

Old January 1st, 2013, 04:10 AM
Sodom
with a capital Y.

Nature: Adamant
I wouldn't say that I either like or dislike myself. For the most part I look at other people and wish I could be more like them, but there are certain aspects about myself that I do like. I like that I'm articulate and I like that I have a decent command of the English language, which is not something that everybody can say. I also like that, despite my lack of confidence in myself and my thoughts, I do have the capacity to think for myself and I have original thoughts.

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Old January 1st, 2013, 05:00 AM
♣Gawain♣
Onward to Music!!!

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ♣Gawain♣ Send a message via Yahoo to ♣Gawain♣
Maybe I do, maybe I don't. I probably had a low self-esteem since I was still in high school.

VM Δ PMPairsDeviantArtPlaying...ClubsTheme
Old January 1st, 2013, 06:07 AM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
I don't hate myself to be honest or like myself I'm alright with myself.
Old January 1st, 2013, 10:51 AM
White_Arcanine
Lonely and annoying.

Nature: Lonely
I honestly dislike myself. I try to be a better person but those efforts are buried by my rl friends, who just push me around. That's a different story, however.
Old January 2nd, 2013, 12:56 PM
Kura
twitter.com/kuraberrym

Nature: Serious
To be honest, I feel like I don't like nor dislike myself. I think the biggest challenge one can have is to accept oneself wholly.. all the good and the bad. Or to change the qualities you don't like (genuinely) to become a better person- not just mask the bad. There are some aspects of myself that I do like that I have, and others not so much, but I try my best to learn to live with them.

I think some of the things that I wish others could take from me is my ambition. It sort of kills me to see others cruise on by, not care about life, and waste others' (usually their parents') time and money. I'd want others to try and make and attempt to contribute more, even if it were just out of their own selfishness.
Old January 2nd, 2013, 03:17 PM
xxkaylabby
cake the cat
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
I don't like myself at all. i wish i could change everything. i dont like the way i look and i wish i could be able to do different things. idk i just never am happy with myself no matter how hard i try or who tells me. i'm always jealous of people who always say they are happy with themselves because i don't know that feeling and i wish i did. it's probably because of my depression which causes this.

|Theme|
|My Gallery|
|Friend Code|
|Trade Thread|

Old January 2nd, 2013, 04:31 PM
QuilavaKing
(>^.(>0.0)>
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to QuilavaKing
Yeah, there are things that I would change, but there aren't really all that many. I'm quite content with who I am.
#156 :: Quilava

The Volcano Pokemon

Old January 3rd, 2013, 09:58 AM
Aquanova
Shiny Celebi's Alt

Nature: Relaxed
People should honestly be themselves. not like me. I honestly think Im not really the type of person people should be like. I always tend to think others are better than me.
Old January 3rd, 2013, 01:47 PM
Sweet Smoochum
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Bashful
I'm a ****ing ugly loser, and a waste of life. NO one could bpossibly like me.
Old January 3rd, 2013, 03:15 PM
pikakitten
You met with a terrible fate

I sort of like myself, I mean I don't hate myself but I'm not obsessed with myself and I don't care whether others like me or not, if they do, good; if they don't, fine then. xD
Old January 3rd, 2013, 07:11 PM
Moogles
better than u
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
I'm generally self-confident although one should always be ready to accept criticism and use it to improve themselves.

I'm a HBIC though that's not even a question.

Quote:
you are a despicable piece of ♥♥♥♥ that doesn't belong in the D&D section.
Old January 3rd, 2013, 08:08 PM
Antemortem
torchic comes before mudkip? idc

Send a message via Skype™ to Antemortem
Of course. If you can't like yourself, how can you like others or anything, really? Everyone should like something about themselves, regardless of what it is! Everyone has something likeable about them, despite what they might think or say. I like that I'm able to assume action as a leader of a group of people if necessary. I wouldn't say I'm a natural born leader or anything - nowhere near it - but if the situation arises I don't hesitate.
suggestions and stuff on my profile because i value you lovelies. xo
oras ... cm ... final oras team
Old January 3rd, 2013, 08:26 PM
Rodriguezjames55
No Jokes #MegaCharizard

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Rodriguezjames55
to answer that
ENTAs are forceful, direct, driven, and adventurous. As an ENTA you place significant importance on your ability to solve complex, abstract challenges through analysis and mental effort. You value intellectual independence above all. You are willing to consider new information and differing points of view only when you think it strategically advantageous to do so.

You enjoy being around people who are as highly motivated as you are, but you also like to spend time with people who recognize and need your natural leadership ability. However, you may become frustrated when people do not display a minimal amount of competence in their areas of responsibility. You enjoy a good debate or intellectual discussion, and you are often able to come up with novel solutions for complex problems. Participating in group activities does energize you, but you may contribute the most by working autonomously.

You like to establish goals and then motivate people to work towards them with you. You believe that power is earned through superior leadership and competence. You like to work as part of a group with people you identify as experts in their respective fields. You always think of ways to improve things, people, processes, and outcomes. You pursue new ideas with great enthusiasm. However, you are easily bored once the idea is in place and the job becomes one of administration only or involves mundane tasks. You always have a new thought on the subject at hand and a willingness to tell others what it is. This sometimes manifests itself as a tendency to change your mind repeatedly, sometimes to a fault.

You are at your best when you are able to think out loud. You are a broadly curious, innovative, autonomous thinker and an energetic, enterprising, and voracious learner. You enjoy fitting broadly defined ideas into larger patterns and theories. You do not like to conform to society's norms but may emphasize the importance of doing so to others, especially as a means of realizing your own goals and ambitions.
ENTAs are most often found in career fields that are adventurous and intellectual. As an ENTA you will be most satisfied and productive when you are involved in work that emphasizes your leadership ability and creative vision for the future. You are interested in jobs that allow you to continually develop your base of knowledge, exercise your imagination, somewhat vain and maintain autonomy.

in short yes i love myself
Old January 4th, 2013, 12:14 AM
awolfsquared
I wish you a Merry Christmas!! (or CHRIStmas)
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to awolfsquared
I wouldn't say I either like of hate myself.Like everyone else, I have flaws and I realize that and there are times where I wish I was somebody else or had other people's things/features. I don't like the lack of confidence I have and how shy I can be sometimes. And that sometimes when I do speak, it ends up being awkward sounding. I don't the sounds of my voice either which is one reason why I don't talk much when with others.I also don't like my lack of motivation or my lack of strength. Someone my age should have a steady job and a car by now.Also my lack in appearance, particularly lack of muscle and strength. However, I like that some of the things I say can be honest and open and deep as well. I like how friendly I am towards others and how considerate I am for my peers. I like that I have the ability to draw well and that I have a creative mind. So I would say I'm in between.

Merry Christmas everyone!
DeviantArt | Tumblr | Ask Me Stuff | Paired to
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links