The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Progressing Games

Notices

Progressing Games All game threads go in this forum. Come and check out the games in development, or make a thread for your own. Constructive criticism is welcome!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: Must Arceus appear in my game and in which form should he appear?
No, Arceus doesn't have to be there. 6 50.00%
In the form of a legendary Pokemon. 2 16.67%
In the form of a scientifically-created Pokemon. 4 33.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 31st, 2012, 09:43 AM
Nathan
too lazy
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Hello, members of PC, today i bring to you the project i've been working on.

Name : Pokemon - Evils Unite

Game Plot
Spoiler:
Many years ago, countless years if not more, the Volcano Of Doom started erupting, causing heaps of Lava, which ended up threatening the to not only end the lives of people and their Pokemon, but also end the world itself. However, Lugia, the Guardian Of the Sea, stopped and calmed the volcano, risking it's own life in the process. However, ever since then, people have been true towards Lugia.

Present Day

You, the hero(ine), are living in a peaceful town in the Senora Region, called Pitsborough Town. Your father, the powerful gym leader of Navya City, and even his brother, the champion of the Hoenn League, decide to come home for a vacation. However, the vacation doesn't last long, as Team Rocket and Team Magma join ranks, and create the evil team known as Team Chaos. Then, they use DNA from normal Pokemon, and research them, to power them through scientific processes, up to their maximum ability. Then, disaster. The scientists managed to create two formidable Pokemon. Two powerful Shadow Pokemon, destined to destroy. Because of their power, they are uncontrollable, and are escaping from under Team Chaos' nose. In order to stop this from happening, they decided to find the Shadow Elixir at the Volcano of Doom. However, due to their evil schemes, the volcano has begun to erupt again, and in order to stop this, some one has to find the Lugia Artifact, created by the worshipers of Lugia. However, it has been lost for many years, so, with help of other people, some one will bring down Team Chaos and stop the eruption for good. That some one is you. You were the chosen one. Now you have to bring them down.

Cities
Spoiler:
-Pitsborough Town, nicknamed most peaceful town of the world. It is where the hero lives and where Prof. Oak has moved after Pallet Town.
-Azure City, economic center of Kanto. Gym Leader : Osaka - Fire Type.
-Navya City, coastal city where you can find the biggest international harbour of the world. Gym Leader : David - Fight Type.
-Calva City, next to Pitsborough Town, where you'll find a road leading to the Senora Elite HQ.
-Dardarill City, Gym Leader : Lina - Poison Type
And many other cities i haven't created.......

Current Team
Spoiler:
-JNathan (Mapper - Event Maker - Storyliner).
-Dradier234 (Mapper)
-Laugh (Mapper)
-Leikaru (offline)
-Za_Destroyer (offline)
-Hoenn (Spriter-Mapper)

Banners
Spoiler:

And here is the code for it :
Code:
http://i.imgur.com/jOetO9o.png?1

Main Characters
Spoiler:
-The hero(ine)
and
A fifteen years old boy/girl, brother/sister to the Hoenn Champion and to Navya City's Gym Leader. Living in Pitsborough Town, he/she receives a Pokemon from his brother and sets on a journey to save the world.
-Katia

A fifteen years old girl. Living in the same town as the hero, she received a pokemon one day after the hero and decides to go with him in his quest to save the world
-Danny

He is Prof Landon's 17 years old son and he claims to be the hero's main rival. He will often battle the hero while in his way to stop Team Chaos.
-Larry

He is the 23 years old Hoenn Champ and the hero's brother. Takes part in the hero's journey.
-Prof Landon

Moved to Senora to expand his studies. Often works with Prof Oak.

Features : -Hoenn + Kanto Pokemon
-More 2 vs 2 battles
-New cities

Open Suggestions
Spoiler:
1.Which starters should i use?

Screenies
Spoiler:

Credits to :
-The guys who made Pokemon Essentials v11
-Aryan143
-pikakitten
-Crazyninjaguy
-carmaniac(Bubble system message & B/W style loading screen)
I need some :
-Spriters
-Scripters
-Positive critics.

no, you gotta get it inside
you push it back down, you push it back down

Last edited by Nathan; April 14th, 2013 at 04:32 AM.
Old January 3rd, 2013, 09:48 AM
Dradier234

Nature: Careful
Looks like this game could have potential. So this is a remake of firered but with different city names and different storyline? Also, you should change your font to Power Green.
Old January 3rd, 2013, 11:34 AM
Nathan
too lazy
Community Supporter

Graphics will be different too. I just need some scripters and spriters then this game will really take off.

Old January 3rd, 2013, 01:21 PM
carmaniac
Where the pickle surprise at?

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by JNathan View Post
Graphics will be different too. I just need some scripters and spriters then this game will really take off.
You'll have better luck learning how to script and sprite than actually finding someone who's able, and also willing to be one for you. It's an OK concept, but needs some serious work, as currently all I can see this as, is basically Leaf Green/ Fire Red slightly changed. I do wish you the best of luck.

Pokémon: Lost Souls.

Developed by Carmaniac.
Old January 3rd, 2013, 01:36 PM
Rayquaza.
Lead Dev in Pokémon Chaos

Nature: Adamant
Carmaniac is right, it is very hard to recruit spriters and scripters. I mean no offence by saying this but spriters and scripters will be more likely to sprite and script for your game if it has more of a "WOW FACTOR" to it, whereas this game, I'm guessing, has only just started because the screenshots make it evidently so.

I suggest that you upgrade your graphics (tiles), maps and sprite styles (from GBA sprites to NDS sprites) before searching for spriters and scripters because they will be more likely to ask to join your team instead of you asking them.

Please do not take offence from what I have said, take it as advice. I'm giving a fair amount of good advice, from past experience of course, because I myself am an intermediate-advanced level spriter, and have a near complete game running in the showcase.

Good luck with the game.
Old January 3rd, 2013, 01:37 PM
Dradier234

Quote:
By graphics if you mean better tiles, I'll give you a pretty good HGSS one with the credits.
Old January 3rd, 2013, 01:46 PM
Nathan
too lazy
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayquaza
Carmaniac is right, it is very hard to recruit spriters and scripters. I mean no offence by saying this but spriters and scripters will be more likely to sprite and script for your game if it has more of a "WOW FACTOR" to it, whereas this game, I'm guessing, has only just started because the screenshots make it evidently so.

I suggest that you upgrade your graphics (tiles), maps and sprite styles (from GBA sprites to NDS sprites) before searching for spriters and scripters because they will be more likely to ask to join your team instead of you asking them.

Please do not take offence from what I have said, take it as advice. I'm giving a fair amount of good advice, from past experience of course, because I myself am an intermediate-advanced level spriter, and have a near complete game running in the showcase.

Good luck with the game.
No, i don't take it as an offence. Thank you for the advice, i'll follow it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmaniac
You'll have better luck learning how to script and sprite than actually finding someone who's able, and also willing to be one for you. It's an OK concept, but needs some serious work, as currently all I can see this as, is basically Leaf Green/ Fire Red slightly changed. I do wish you the best of luck.
Then ok, i'm gonna follow your advice too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dradier234
By graphics if you mean better tiles, I'll give you a pretty good HGSS one with the credits.
Ok, i agree.

Old January 3rd, 2013, 01:48 PM
Rayquaza.

If you'd like, if you manage to upgrade your graphics style (sprites and tiles), I can do some spriting for your game.
Old January 3rd, 2013, 01:52 PM
Nathan
too lazy
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayquaza
If you'd like, if you manage to upgrade your graphics style (sprites and tiles), I can do some spriting for your game.
Then, i shall do it. Which kit do you think i should use to make the graphics more appealing?

Old January 3rd, 2013, 01:56 PM
Rayquaza.

It's not really a matter of getting a kit, because there is only one fully functioning and almost bug-free kit, and that is Pokémon Essentials. It's more a matter of where to find them, there are a fair few on DeviantArt and in the tutorials and resources section. I'd recommend some BW/2 tiles or HGSS because a fair amount of people like more up-to-date graphics. With sprites I'd recommend grabbing HGSS sprites or BW sprites (depending on the tiles you are using) from P-Signs pack or something.
Old January 3rd, 2013, 02:31 PM
Dradier234

I have HGSS out tiles and BW inner tiles. Just PM me for them. I didn't make them but I'll give you the credits for them, also, if you what to upgrade your tiles, I'll remap your maps with new tiles. Just send me the download link to your game and the tiles you are using.
Old January 6th, 2013, 02:27 PM
Nathan
too lazy
Community Supporter

I am back with 2 new screenshots. I am in the process of recreating the events in Pitsborough Town. But i'd like you to give me view on these screenshots.
Spoiler:

Old January 6th, 2013, 02:32 PM
Dradier234

Use the dirt AUTO tile, should help
Why did you change the textbox system to default?
Sprites looks good.
Attached Thumbnails
Sandy_Path_AT.png‎  
Old January 6th, 2013, 02:34 PM
Rayquaza.

Quote:
I am back with 2 new screenshots. I am in the process of recreating the events in Pitsborough Town. But i'd like you to give me view on these screenshots.
[SPOILER]
Hmm, I'm sure I've seen that Ash sprite before... *cough, cough*
Old January 6th, 2013, 02:38 PM
Nathan
too lazy
Community Supporter

About the Ash sprite, i'm just using it temporarily while waiting for another one to be made. Though, the Red sprite was modified by me. Anyway, what do you think? Is there something to be changed?

Old January 6th, 2013, 02:40 PM
Dradier234

Well, you need to add some dirt...
Old January 6th, 2013, 02:44 PM
Rayquaza.

I'd say more than add some dirt, I'd say fill in the space, too much emptiness...

Just saying from past critiques on my maps.
Old January 6th, 2013, 02:46 PM
Nathan
too lazy
Community Supporter

Okay. Thanks for the advice.

Old January 7th, 2013, 05:38 PM
Nathan
too lazy
Community Supporter

Here i come again with 3 new screenshots.
1-The font is temporary.
2-The Ash screenshot isn't for me.
Spoiler:

Old January 7th, 2013, 10:34 PM
carmaniac
Where the pickle surprise at?

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Here i come again with 3 new screenshots.
1-The font is temporary.
2-The Ash screenshot isn't for me.
Spoiler:

I'm going to be quite honest with you, sorry if I offend you in the process of this. The game, quite frankly just looks horrible judging by the new screenshots, there is a clash in style with the overworlds, gen III characters with gen IV tiles. The message box looks pretty horrible, looks like a bad mix of the old generation window skin, and the latest generation. The mapping is quite bad also, I'd suggest first practicing mapping on a 15X15 canvas to get use to having boarders, paths that flow evenly between the available root on the map, and diversions caused by trees, rocks, building and what ever else you can find tile wise. This is just mainly to get you use to filling the maps to add a bit more interest to the player, as right now you've only got a rather open square that's just filled with a few random buildings and a dirt path that is huge. Again, sorry if this post seems rather offensive, but it's the only way to learn what is being done wrong.

Pokémon: Lost Souls.

Developed by Carmaniac.
Old January 9th, 2013, 03:53 PM
Dradier234

New screen from mapper...
Added dirt :D
More adjustments will come... Like more leaves, decorations ect..
JNATHAN: Your mapping needs lots of improving, decorate more!
Attached Thumbnails
pOKEMON eVIL uNITE SCREEN.png‎  
Old January 9th, 2013, 04:14 PM
Nathan
too lazy
Community Supporter

I am re-creating everything from the game(storyline too) using Pokemon Essentials 11 and Crazyninjaguy's kits. I am going to school so, next week it and until mid-February, i won't work as i used to. I took all your critics in their positive way and i'll try to post some new screenies before Friday.
@carmaniac : The text box has been changed and i decided to use Gen IV graphics(HG/SS). The dirt path has been corrected (see in the Map Showcase).

Old January 11th, 2013, 08:02 PM
Nathan
too lazy
Community Supporter

I am back with 5 new screenshots. I modified the textbox, the Original Post and chose Gen IV graphics instead of Gen III. I hope these are better than my previous screenshots.
Spoiler:

Last edited by Nathan; January 18th, 2013 at 07:01 PM.
Old January 13th, 2013, 06:05 AM
Roaming Murkrow
I wish i could put my money on a USB

Send a message via Skype™ to Roaming Murkrow
the updated stuff seems interesting
Old January 19th, 2013, 01:59 AM
Leikaru
Back from the dead...

Nature: Bold
Good luck with this. Just one thing, your maps seem a little bit... empty. Also, I saw someone say i instead of I. Other than that, it's a good game.

Don't agree? Sorry for spoiling your day.

Coming soon... a new game... after I've finished Pokemon Steel of course.

MONSTERRA
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links