Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General
Reload this Page What do you think the News will be on the 8th of January?

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon General Theories, experiences and other discussions regarding the Pokémon franchise that can't be covered in any of the other boards.

Closed Thread

Old January 4th, 2013 (08:21 PM).

Quote originally posted by XanderO:
Both were also after Gamefreak made official announcements. This isn't the case so far and neither posted possible information before Gamefreak's announcements.
Gen V was announced in January on the official website with no announcement by Game Freak. Also, HG/SS were announced on the official website before being mentioned anywhere else.

Game Freak makes the game, TCP/Nintendo do the marketing so it's not really up to Game Freak as to whether they will make an announcement or when they will make it. That's up to TCP/Nintendo's marketing department.
Old January 4th, 2013 (08:35 PM).
Shiny Celebi's Alt

Nature: Relaxed
I thnk the announcement may be Gen 6. The 3DS has been out almost for two years ans Nintendo is pressuring Game Freak to put games on it. If I recall they weren't very happy that Game Freak chose to put BW2 on the DS, and told Game Freak if they wanted to do so they had to do something different, which is why we have sequels, before, we were going to get paired third versions. The next games will be most likely on the 3DS and will most likely be Gen 6. Although Ruby/Sapphire remakes are a nice idea, I think they wont be the first main series games on the system.

It is not impossible for Gen 6 to happen in 2013.
Old January 4th, 2013 (09:11 PM).
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
I'm hoping it's gen VI as I'm ready for something new, along with my desire for remakes to be on the 3Ds, the paired version would make a nice test run.
Old January 4th, 2013 (09:16 PM).

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Xander Olivieri
Quote originally posted by P0kelegend:
Gen V was announced in January on the official website with no announcement by Game Freak. Also, HG/SS were announced on the official website before being mentioned anywhere else.

Game Freak makes the game, TCP/Nintendo do the marketing so it's not really up to Game Freak as to whether they will make an announcement or when they will make it. That's up to TCP/Nintendo's marketing department.
There was an official announcement (February) About Zorua and Zoroark from Coro Coro and it was all just about a "New Pokemon" for the Phantom Z Movie. Junichi Masuda was the first to show us the blacked images for both before Coro Coro leaks from what I remember. Names for Gen 5 weren't released until April which was done on Pokemon Sunday I believe by members of Gamefreak and later confirmed by the Coro Coro issue. Or vice versa. Zekrom and Reshiram were both released later that year before game release.

I wasn't around for HG/SS but I remember something similar happening as my friends were force feeding me info since I wasn't all that interested.

Both cases, other media posted information, one of which media hosted a high member of Gamefreak to do the revealing. The main sites didn't update thier info until after both of these were done. Zorua and Zoroark were hosted on pokemon.co.jp until the game's names were revealed and the site went public.

I'm basing solely from memory. I wasn't active here then so my memory of full details isn't accurate on minor details. I remember a few larger boasts and that's pretty much it.

From what I remember about B/W, international info didn't go up until the mascots were revealed. Basing solely on where I was at on my RP site that others started to notice the next Generation.
Old January 4th, 2013 (09:33 PM).

Maybe they are going to release a Hoenn based pokemon game which happens a few years after the event in Emerald. Considering now is the 10th anniversary of Ruby and Sapphire.

3DS FC: 2981-7737-7152
Old January 4th, 2013 (09:38 PM).

Quote originally posted by Helios93:
Maybe they are going to release a Hoenn based pokemon game which happens a few years after the event in Emerald. Considering now is the 10th anniversary of Ruby and Sapphire.
10th anniversary passed like 2 months ago (for R/S) and wouldn't be until next year for emerald. Besides that, we already ruled out the "10 year anniversary for remakes" thing as FR/LG weren't for their 10 year anniversary. HG/SS were before their anniversary by a few months.
Old January 4th, 2013 (09:50 PM).

Nature: Serious
Quote originally posted by Helios93:
You mean announce a Sequel to Emerald? Please no. There are Generations that look like there maybe sequels such as Gen 4, but I really don't think Gen 3 is one of them. Anyway, there are two events that we have hopes for the announcement of Generation 6 this month, RSE Remakes, or Gray. That's tomorrow on Pokemon Smash and on the eigth with the International Announcement.

I'm leaning away from a Side Series Game. Side Series games usually don't recieve this kind of promotion. Take a look at Mystery Dungeon for example, it's one of the most popular Side Series Games in Pokemon but it was not promoted internationally when it was announced. So, I'm leaning more towards Masuda's earlier statement of "Evolving the Pokemon World in 2013."
Old January 4th, 2013 (10:07 PM).

To anyone still doubting that its game related, Masuda just tweeted:
"Check! Check! Check! RT @Pokemon: Pokémon fans, mark your calendars! Check Pokemon.com on January 8th for some big news!"
Old January 4th, 2013 (11:13 PM).
Master of The Y

Nature: Quiet
Quote originally posted by Emrald:
You mean announce a Sequel to Emerald? Please no. There are Generations that look like there maybe sequels such as Gen 4, but I really don't think Gen 3 is one of them. Anyway, there are two events that we have hopes for the announcement of Generation 6 this month, RSE Remakes, or Gray. That's tomorrow on Pokemon Smash and on the eigth with the International Announcement.

I'm leaning away from a Side Series Game. Side Series games usually don't recieve this kind of promotion. Take a look at Mystery Dungeon for example, it's one of the most popular Side Series Games in Pokemon but it was not promoted internationally when it was announced. So, I'm leaning more towards Masuda's earlier statement of "Evolving the Pokemon World in 2013."
Why does everyone still think there's going to be a Pokemon Gray

There will not be a Pokemon Gray
Kyurem already has its own Game Infact Kyurem has 2 Games the most any pokemon has ever had
So You can Cross Gray off the list

Maybe it will be Pokemon Magma Ruby and Aqua Sapphire <- (Those are cool names)

Or Maybe Pokemon ???a Version and ???b Version (??? Means name not yet discovered)

EDIT-----------------------

Quote originally posted by P0kelegend:
To anyone still doubting that its game related, Masuda just tweeted:
"Check! Check! Check! RT @Pokemon: Pokémon fans, mark your calendars! Check Pokemon.com on January 8th for some big news!"
^ Sweet this pretty much means they are anouncing Pokemon GameA and GameB Versions (Maybe not the Physical games but we can pretty much assume those are already in development before Black 2 and White 2 well atleast the engine anyway
[Pokemon White 2]: 3182 4860 8214 [OT: Chris ID: 62513]
[Nintendo 3DS]: 4441 8375 5933 [Pokemon Y]

My Favorite Pokémon!
Garchomp
Powered By Kabigon! -The Website Made by me-

Coming Soon!
The Pokemon X&Y Pokemon Outpost
Old January 5th, 2013 (06:10 AM).

So Gamefreak officially stakes its claim. Lets all pray it isn't another Mewtwo event.
Old January 5th, 2013 (06:58 AM).
Silver Tier

What does RT mean anyways? Or is it just a tag thing?

If for some reaso it does turn out to be an event I hope it's Manaphy. Or maybe the other dragon not in B2W2 (R and Z).
Old January 5th, 2013 (07:08 AM).
Platinum Tier

Quote originally posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire:
What does RT mean anyways? Or is it just a tag thing?

If for some reaso it does turn out to be an event I hope it's Manaphy. Or maybe the other dragon not in B2W2 (R and Z).
RT - Retweet.

So it doesn't look like Junichi Masuda has anything interesting to say on Smash later as some expected.

"Junichi Masuda @ Junichi_Masuda
Pokemon Smash from 7:30 am tomorrow, January 06! (TV Tokyo series) is determined throne strongest tournament Pokesuma 5th! Pokemon Battle # 1 is the strongest in the Poke Suma members: Who are you? ! Also appeared Masuda, Game Freak Morimoto-kun! By all means, please watch! Stay tuned to ask to battle high level! (^ ^) / ~ ~ ~"

But he's tweeted about the 8th announcement so I can't really see it being non-game related now.
Old January 5th, 2013 (07:29 AM).
You rang?
Crystal Tier

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Starry Windy
When I see the announcement is going international, I think it is undoubtedly will be the announcement of A NEW GAME or two. I hope it's Hoenn's Game rather than a new Gen VI games.

PC | Slateport City | PC Server | Gold Server | My Pairs | PC Family | PC Blog | AMA | AC Mentor
Old January 5th, 2013 (08:30 AM).
pin pin

Yeah I don't want a new Generation this year, not internationally anyway. B2W2 came so fast and I'm not even done with it. Post-game wise that is. I hope they aren't rushing the main series too much. If this was last year I'd love main series games to come out asap but I'm busy now so I welcome the duration between titles.
Old January 5th, 2013 (08:56 AM).
TPP ROM Hacker

*Can't post links will edit post once I get 15 post on this account*
Look on the US site. I hope it is RS Remakes >:O
Old January 5th, 2013 (09:05 AM).
TPP ROM Hacker

I hope it is RSE Remakes
But they are really getting hyped. I heard someplace that the Pokemon franchise is evolving in 2013, whatever that means. Maybe that is what this news is about?
Old January 5th, 2013 (09:22 AM).
Silver Tier

Yeah, that was their new years card that said that. Considering the closeness between the card and this makes me think it's not a coincidence, something's coming, something big according to all the hype they've piled up these past few days.
Old January 5th, 2013 (09:28 AM).
Back from the dead...

Nature: Bold
Really don't want it to be Gen VI yet, Gen V has another year in it. So far, Gen V has been a let down, so really, it needs something. It done it's job though, none of you have said bye to Pokemon yet.

Here is what I think it could be:
  • Gen VI (Please, No)
  • Remakes of RSE (Yes!)
  • Spin Off (Not so keen on this one)
  • 3DS Remakes of RSE (Definately)
  • Wii U Pokemon Game (Battle Revolution or something)

Yeah, half of them are pretty bad ideas, but really, I don't want much. I think a Gen VI announcement is probably going to happen, but I want Gen V to just have that one last chance it deserves.

Don't agree? Sorry for spoiling your day.

Coming soon... a new game... after I've finished Pokemon Steel of course.

MONSTERRA
Old January 5th, 2013 (09:31 AM).
The Cynical Completionist

Nature: Lonely
I for one do hope these will be Gen VI games. A Colosseum/XD followup (or a similar game with a complete world, wild Pokémon and less double battles) on the Wii/WiiU would be great news too.

Friend codes:
Electric-type Safari: 4468-2370-5617 (Electrode - Pikachu - Galvantula) | Dark-type Safari: 1134-8222-3179 (Nuzleaf - Cacturne - Liepard)
PM before adding. If you don't mention which code you added, I will NOT add you back.
Old January 5th, 2013 (09:35 AM).
let it go
Crystal Tier

I'm really excited honestly and I really hope it's generation six! By International I hope it means it goes up in Australia first so it's technically 7th, or unless they're waiting til Japan's time. w/e I'm looking forward to it. If it's R/S remakes... I just won't really be that excited. It just feels like it should be gen six. I love Unova and all but it's fully rushed and I don't want R/S remakes in generation 5 because I don't want it merged with B/W + B2/W2 :x and IDK EVERYTHING MAKES ME THINK GENERATION SIX. Please GF, PLEASE. I want Generation Six so bad sdfghjkl. Well for nostalgic reasons too and all the possibilities and omg. I just can't even. :3;

GENERATION SIX ALSO MEANS NEW STUFF IN COMPETITIVE NEW MONS NEW TYPES NEW EVERYTHING UGH I WANT THIS I WANT NEW POKEMON IN NU TO BE AWESOME okay i'm crazy.
Old January 5th, 2013 (10:05 AM).
Platinum Tier

Australia have still not updated their website with a countdown so whether they're joining in with the news announcement I don't know but either way, we'll all know by Tuesday.

This is very exciting and it seems to be growing each day, part of me thinks it's something else as opposed to the predictable Generation VI & Ruby & Sapphire Remakes.
Old January 5th, 2013 (10:10 AM).
*****monally Challenged

Nature: Naive
Whatever the announcement is, I just hope the next Pokemon games are similar to Dragon Quest 8. To me, Dragon Quest 8 is how Pokemon should be like in 3d.
Old January 5th, 2013 (10:27 AM).
Destroying Zubats since 1996

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Itstoppedatumbreon
listen, right. Just give me Pokemon Snap 2 on Wii U, and I'll be happy. Il settle for just the first 251 pokemon. Im not fussy Ninty
Old January 5th, 2013 (10:39 AM).
I'M ALL FIRED UP
BS

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Altairis
What if its a game with a new region next to Hoenn? It could be like HGSS game. A remake AND a new game! Though maybe expand the storyline into both regions I'd be happy with that!

Gen 6 would be fun, so would RSE, I just hope its something good

N E W ☆ G E N E R A T I O N S
Old January 5th, 2013 (10:44 AM).

Nature: Serious
Hoenn is an Island I believe, atleast that's what it looks like on Serebii in the Pokearth section.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links