The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General

Notices

Pokémon General Theories, experiences and other discussions regarding the Pokémon franchise that can't be covered in any of the other boards.
Feel like talking about Pokémon manga? Check this out! Want to discuss and share Pokémon music and videos? Click here!

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 5th, 2013, 08:17 PM
Utzipher

Nature: Modest
Judging by the pattern that seems to be present - new generation, sequel, and then finally a remake, I'm laying it all down on a remake of Ruby and Sapphire. I can't wait to give myself a little pat on the back once the news is released and I learn that I'm right.

NAME: JORDAN | FC: 5029-3281-8744
Old January 5th, 2013, 08:25 PM
Jameseh
Hmm.

I'm hoping for R/S on 3DS but I suspect it will be something more mundane.
Old January 5th, 2013, 08:31 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utzipher View Post
Judging by the pattern that seems to be present - new generation, sequel, and then finally a remake, I'm laying it all down on a remake of Ruby and Sapphire. I can't wait to give myself a little pat on the back once the news is released and I learn that I'm right.
There is no pattern for game releases. Gamefreak just releases them when they finish with them.

Besides that, FR/LG disagree with your pattern as they were released before the third title.
Old January 5th, 2013, 09:35 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
While it's true they got no pattern, I'm not sure about that finish part as both pt and HgSs were being done at the same time, they just chose Pt to go first and decided to work more to the remakes.

Gf got the 3ds kit early on so possibly they finished a 3ds main game by now or are close to (working on gen 5 proably slowed down things).
Old January 5th, 2013, 09:40 PM
Utzipher

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
There is no pattern for game releases. Gamefreak just releases them when they finish with them.

Besides that, FR/LG disagree with your pattern as they were released before the third title.
Well, I don't see how it isn't a pattern so far.

Diamond / Pearl ----> Black / White
Platinum -----> Black 2 / White 2
HG / SS --------> ????

See my drift? I'm not basing this thought off of the GBA games. Plus, there hasn't been enough time for a sixth generation to come out - it's only been three years and the norm is usually four. This would give them that extra year.

NAME: JORDAN | FC: 5029-3281-8744
Old January 5th, 2013, 09:58 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utzipher View Post
Well, I don't see how it isn't a pattern so far.

Diamond / Pearl ----> Black / White
Platinum -----> Black 2 / White 2
HG / SS --------> ????

See my drift? I'm not basing this thought off of the GBA games. Plus, there hasn't been enough time for a sixth generation to come out - it's only been three years and the norm is usually four. This would give them that extra year.
Gamefreak themselves said there is no pattern. They finish a game, they put it out. You also cannot discount the older titles. Two generations does not make a pattern. Gen 1 was also 3 years long. Gen 2 was 3 years long. Gens 3 and 4 were both 4 years long. Someone keeps saying that Gamefreak or TPC said that Gen 5 was supposed to move faster than what we had, I haven't seen that but its possible it was mentioned. Even if it wasn't, its been 3 years which was how long Gens 1 and 2 existed so its plenty of time.

Wouldn't matter how much time we see though. If Gamefreak were able to make Gen 6 and produce it this year and then complete Gen 7 by 2014, then we'd get Gen 7 a year later because they finished what they needed.

Yes the games fell into a pseudo pattern that is rough due to conflictions with other titled releases, but Gamefreak publicly denounced any set pattern for release.

@MRAS, Plat used the same tilesets as D/P so it took less time to alter the story and add things rather than resprite an entire region all over. So even if they started at the same time, Platinum still would have finished first.
Old January 5th, 2013, 10:01 PM
P0kelegend

Yeah, four years isn't the norm. Gen I and Gen II were 3 years, while Gen III and Gen IV were four.

If Gen VI is released this year, that means Gen V could potentially be the quickest generation yet though. Gen II holds the crown for being exactly 3 years (G/S released Nov 21, 1999 and R/S released Nov 21, 2002) so if Gen VI is released before September 18, 2010 then that means Gen V would have been under 3 years making it the shortest generation yet.

Id say if they actually reveal the game logos/names on the 8th which seems like exactly what they plan on doing, then the game will be released before September. Gen V was announced in late January, but the game names weren't revealed until April which leads me to believe that whatever game they reveal will probably be released before September. If it is Gen VI, I definitely would think its a bit odd considering the fact it would have lasted less than 3 years if that is the case.
Old January 6th, 2013, 12:46 AM
Leikaru
Back from the dead...

Nature: Bold
Am I the only one thinking about Anime? Because Ash probably doesn't have many more episodes in Unova. I think that chances are, there won't be any R/S remake until Gen VI.

Sure it will make Gen V the shortest generation we've had yet, but since Ash is basically done, then you'd think it would have to be Gen VI.

Otherwise, it will surely be a spin-off. Something like Snap 2, Battle Revolution 2, I can't see Game Freak coming up with new ideas for some reason. Dunno why.

Don't agree? Sorry for spoiling your day.

Coming soon... a new game... after I've finished Pokemon Steel of course.

MONSTERRA
Old January 6th, 2013, 12:57 AM
scprepschool

They could kill ash off in this new mini series or series with N.
I mean he has to be tired of being like 23 playing a 10 year old...
Ok bad joke...
Seriously though the anime is useddd up.
I havent watched it since the orange islands
So maybe with them rebooting the core games with black and white
Then tcg getting dragon type
Next in line is the anime reboot?

you gotta know that I adore you
Old January 6th, 2013, 01:08 AM
Vehks

Quote:
Originally Posted by scprepschool View Post
They could kill ash off in this new mini series or series with N.
I mean he has to be tired of being like 23 playing a 10 year old...
Ok bad joke...
Seriously though the anime is useddd up.
I havent watched it since the orange islands
So maybe with them rebooting the core games with black and white
Then tcg getting dragon type
Next in line is the anime reboot?
I wouldn't count on it. I would actually love a pokémon anime that was actually true to the games, but like I said I wouldn't count on it.
Old January 6th, 2013, 01:26 AM
scprepschool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vehks View Post
I wouldn't count on it. I would actually love a pokémon anime that was actually true to the games, but like I said I wouldn't count on it.
Yeah im not. I dont even know whats going on in the anime anymore. Is every episode revolved around jesse and james trying to steal pikachu still?
Under the definition of monotony should be a drop down list of every episode of pokemon after team rockets introduction.
Oh well... if it doesnt have anything to do with the core titles i will be sorely disappointed
Old January 6th, 2013, 01:43 AM
Leikaru
Back from the dead...

I kinda want a Gen VI now. Because that means new Pokemon, which means maybe, just maybe, they will give some reasonable looking Pokemon.

MONSTERRA
Old January 6th, 2013, 02:41 AM
Arlo~
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Skype™ to Arlo~
I'm thinking it'll be something much more mundane than what we're thinking.

Maybe they'll just announce the next eeveelution.

My current White 2 team
Old January 6th, 2013, 03:35 AM
scprepschool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlo~ View Post
I'm thinking it'll be something much more mundane than what we're thinking.

Maybe they'll just announce the next eeveelution.
Dude... that would signal a new gen... how is that mundane
Old January 6th, 2013, 03:38 AM
BLOOOD-La-ti-
This is the place to try!

Nature: Jolly
I'm going with RSE remakes,
RSE FTW!!!

oh check this out:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=373174
My new account. :3
Old January 6th, 2013, 05:37 AM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
With the current situation for handhelds, the chances of remakes being announced tomorrow are slowly deteriorating, if they choose to remake Ruby & Sapphire then I can only assume that they would make it for the DS since it's under the same Generation as BW & B2W2. Why would they stay on an older console when they have had the opportunity to create, develop and release a new set of games for the 3DS which has been out for two years for the majority of us, they're not going to stick around on the Nintendo DS for long.. like they said, they're evolving in 2013 and some of that probably means onto the 3DS. If anything the most likely scenario is that we will get the first Generation VI games and then a couple of years later (2014/2015) we will start to hear about the remakes which will undoubtedly be on the 3DS.

Old January 6th, 2013, 06:13 AM
Arlo~
Unhatched Egg

Send a message via Skype™ to Arlo~
Quote:
Originally Posted by scprepschool View Post
Dude... that would signal a new gen... how is that mundane
They were meant to be two seperate points haha

My current White 2 team
Old January 6th, 2013, 06:41 AM
DahDexy
Way Too Freakin' Random

Nature: Jolly
  • New Spin-off game/sequence to spin-off game.
  • Generation 6
  • New Movie
  • Hoenn remake
  • Cup/Tourney/Championship for TCG or BW2

It will probably be one of the things stated above.
Old January 6th, 2013, 06:52 AM
Leikaru
Back from the dead...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DahDexy View Post
  • New Spin-off game/sequence to spin-off game.
  • Generation 6
  • New Movie
  • Hoenn remake
  • Cup/Tourney/Championship for TCG or BW2

It will probably be one of the things stated above.
It definately won't be a New Movie, because they just announced the Genesect one. If anything, I think that the Cup thing could happen, and Gen VI. Or a new Spin Off. I just don't think a Hoenn remake will happen. Until Gen VI.

MONSTERRA
Old January 6th, 2013, 08:30 AM
kammond
Huh

Nature: Docile
1. Eevee is the Evolution Pokémon. Gamefreak says they want to evolve the series in 2013.
2. Eevee all over recent promotional campaigns and anime
3. North American Twitter just asked "How many possible evolutions of Eevee are there?" May be trick question alluding to new Eeveelution
4. Announcement on January 8th, possibly announcing 8th Eeveelution

Ooooooohh.
Old January 6th, 2013, 08:38 AM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
Gamefreak themselves said there is no pattern. They finish a game, they put it out. You also cannot discount the older titles. Two generations does not make a pattern. Gen 1 was also 3 years long. Gen 2 was 3 years long. Gens 3 and 4 were both 4 years long. Someone keeps saying that Gamefreak or TPC said that Gen 5 was supposed to move faster than what we had, I haven't seen that but its possible it was mentioned. Even if it wasn't, its been 3 years which was how long Gens 1 and 2 existed so its plenty of time.

Wouldn't matter how much time we see though. If Gamefreak were able to make Gen 6 and produce it this year and then complete Gen 7 by 2014, then we'd get Gen 7 a year later because they finished what they needed.

Yes the games fell into a pseudo pattern that is rough due to conflictions with other titled releases, but Gamefreak publicly denounced any set pattern for release.

@MRAS, Plat used the same tilesets as D/P so it took less time to alter the story and add things rather than resprite an entire region all over. So even if they started at the same time, Platinum still would have finished first.
What about FrLg and Emerald? Emerald could've been released first as it would've been easier as they could've reused Hoenn's map, ironically those two came out in the same year in japan iirc so they really could've gone either way.
And this it seems thus far that Gf likes to make remakes during the third version's own creation...
Old January 6th, 2013, 09:06 AM
Altairis
I'M ALL FIRED UP

Send a message via Skype™ to Altairis
This is why I'm still hoping for a gen 6/Hoenn combined game, however unlikely XD I don't see why they can't skip a generation though. (I know I know gen 6 is probably whats going to happen)

SHOWDOWNGALLERYANIMEPAIR

Old January 6th, 2013, 09:07 AM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
What about FrLg and Emerald? Emerald could've been released first as it would've been easier as they could've reused Hoenn's map, ironically those two came out in the same year in japan iirc so they really could've gone either way.
And this it seems thus far that Gf likes to make remakes during the third version's own creation...
Remakes are only necessary to fix problems with trying to catch 'em all. FR/LG was made because of the incompatibility of the GB and GBA, and HG/SS was made because not all Johto Pokemon were easily available, and not everyone owned Colosseum and XD. R/S remakes will be necessary if Gen VI is incompatible to Gen V, but even then, the in-game timeline and Emerald's story would compromise the remake from happening.
Old January 6th, 2013, 09:14 AM
rocky505
<Now who's awesome!

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie-Dawn View Post
Remakes are only necessary to fix problems with trying to catch 'em all. FR/LG was made because of the incompatibility of the GB and GBA, and HG/SS was made because not all Johto Pokemon were easily available, and not everyone owned Colosseum and XD. R/S remakes will be necessary if Gen VI is incompatible to Gen V, but even then, the in-game timeline and Emerald's story would compromise the remake from happening.
That is not the only reason they are made. They are also made so the new generations of fans can see how we older fans were with older games.
Old January 6th, 2013, 09:18 AM
kammond
Huh

Nature: Docile
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
That is not the only reason they are made. They are also made so the new generations of fans can see how we older fans were with older games.
Also, lots of money. They wouldn't pass up that opportunity.

Sponsored Links