The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Trade Corner

Notices

Trade Corner Having trouble completing your Pokédex? Looking for a certain Pokémon or have a rare one to offer? This is your forum. Everything related to wireless trades can be discussed here.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 12th, 2013, 02:07 PM
Mega Mawile

Nature: Relaxed

Advertise here
Question, how do I find the SID of my game?
Also, how do I get a stationary Kyurem if you only explain how to get shiny Pokemon?

Owned Challenges:
The Mega Evolution Challenge!
The NPC Trainer Challenge!

Last edited by Mega Mawile; February 12th, 2013 at 02:33 PM.
Old February 12th, 2013, 03:30 PM
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurott01 View Post
Question, how do I find the SID of my game?
Also, how do I get a stationary Kyurem if you only explain how to get shiny Pokemon?
The SID can be found in few (reliable) ways. One is to use the Action Replay code for it if you happen to have one. Another way is to upload your Pokemon to Pokecheck.org. The third way is to use a flash cart and PokeGen. If you cannot do any of these, perhaps someone here will be generous enough to help you. You could trade a filler Pokemon caught by that game and they could use it to figure it out for you.

Actually for catching normal Pokemon, it's pretty much the same thing as catching the shiny ones. You just don't check the box marked "look for nearby shiny frames". So when the seeds are generated by RNG Reporter (or PPRNG if that's what you are using), you will get a mix of non-shiny and shiny seeds (though mostly non-shiny of course).

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Ever wonder what goes through my head as I breed Pokemon? Want to see all the steps and pains I take to provide Pokemon for all of you? Well clicky clicky [here].
Old February 13th, 2013, 08:35 PM
Cordelia
Banned

Nature: Sassy
I learned B2W2 Entralink RNG thanks to Gonzo!

Magikarp ♂ Lv. 10
OT: Prim | ID: 7
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Rattled
IVs: 31, 31, 31, 7, 31, 31 Dark 70
EVs: Untrained
Moves: Splash, Bounce, ***, ***
Non-Redis

Scraggy ♀ Lv. 10
Ability: Intimidate
Moves: Low Kick, Sand-Attack, Faint Attack, Fake Out
Non-Redis

The Magikarp was my first one n_n took me a while D: But I got the Scraggy pretty shortly after that. :D
Old February 14th, 2013, 04:12 AM
RingoH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac View Post
I learned B2W2 Entralink RNG thanks to Gonzo!

Magikarp ♂ Lv. 10
Ability: Rattled
Moves: Splash, Bounce, ***, ***
Non-Redis

Scraggy ♀ Lv. 10
Ability: Intimidate
Moves: Low Kick, Sand-Attack, Faint Attack, Fake Out
Non-Redis

The Magikarp was my first one n_n took me a while D: But I got the Scraggy pretty shortly after that. :D

Cool Mac! Congrats! I think Entralink is my favorite abuse (especially in B2/W2), mostly thought because I personally love having my Pokemon in pretty Dream Balls.
Old February 14th, 2013, 07:10 AM
Cordelia
Banned

Thank you -- hitting the nature is quite difficult, omg.
Old February 14th, 2013, 11:50 AM
Mega Mawile

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabor62 View Post
The SID can be found in few (reliable) ways. One is to use the Action Replay code for it if you happen to have one. Another way is to upload your Pokemon to Pokecheck.org. The third way is to use a flash cart and PokeGen. If you cannot do any of these, perhaps someone here will be generous enough to help you. You could trade a filler Pokemon caught by that game and they could use it to figure it out for you.

Actually for catching normal Pokemon, it's pretty much the same thing as catching the shiny ones. You just don't check the box marked "look for nearby shiny frames". So when the seeds are generated by RNG Reporter (or PPRNG if that's what you are using), you will get a mix of non-shiny and shiny seeds (though mostly non-shiny of course).
Ok, well my DS does not want to connect to Internet, so I can't use Pokecheck or send someone a filler, my Action Replay does not want to work, so I can't use the code method, and the flash cart method is way too complicated for me. Are there ANY other methods that don't involve Internet, Action Replay, and aren't too complicated?

Owned Challenges:
The Mega Evolution Challenge!
The NPC Trainer Challenge!

Last edited by Mega Mawile; February 14th, 2013 at 02:11 PM.
Old February 14th, 2013, 12:25 PM
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurott01 View Post
Ok, well my DS does not want to connect to Internet, so I can't use Pokecheck or send someone a filler, my Action Replay does not want to work, so I can't use the code method, and the flash cart method is way too complicated for me. Are there ANY other methods that don't involve Internet, Action Replay, and aren't too complicated?
There is another way, but it requires you to have caught at least one shiny with the OT that you are trying to find the SID for.

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Ever wonder what goes through my head as I breed Pokemon? Want to see all the steps and pains I take to provide Pokemon for all of you? Well clicky clicky [here].
Old February 15th, 2013, 12:28 PM
Cordelia
Banned

OT: Toph
ID: 9
SID: 9

Oh yeah, ready to play B2 now!
Old February 16th, 2013, 09:15 PM
Griffinbane
I hate Smeargle.
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Here's my entry that never got entered. lol.
Tadah!!! http://www.pokecheck.org/?pk=3442096

White: 1463 5558 5309
X: 2208 5685 5454
- - - -
Old February 16th, 2013, 09:36 PM
Sydian
Reserved for Syd's house - Nook Homes

Nice Lumineon! I'm not a big fan of Lumineon's shiny coloring, but I am a fan of that HP Grass! I've still yet to ever use one in-game actually.
Old February 17th, 2013, 07:46 AM
Cordelia
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffinbane View Post
Here's my entry that never got entered. lol.
Tadah!!! http://www.pokecheck.org/?pk=3442096
Wow, Griff, that's great! I guess your partner dropped out?
Old February 17th, 2013, 05:15 PM
Musica
PPPPPDPPPPP

Nooooooo. I was just too late for entry. D:

My entry would be a Cryogonal with Attract.........
Old February 21st, 2013, 08:55 AM
Cordelia
Banned

I've started to master B2W2 Entralink RNG! My haul for today (cleared out my forest):

Gurdurr ♂ Lv. 25
Nature: Brave
Ability: Iron Fist
IVs: 31, 31, 31, 9, 31, 0 Ice 54
Moves: Rock Throw, Wake-Up Slap, Chip Away, Mach Punch
Non-Redis

Tentacool ♂ Lv. 10
Nature: Bold
Ability: Rain Dish
IVs: 31, 3, 31, 31, 31, 31 Dark 70
Moves: Poison Sting, Supersonic, Constrict, Giga Drain
Non-Redis

Magnemite ♁ Lv. 10
Ability: Analytic
IVs: 31, 4, 31, 31, 31, 0 Psychic 63
Moves: Tackle, Supersonic, ThunderShock, Gravity
Non-Redis
Old February 22nd, 2013, 03:40 PM
MellowJello
Unhatched Egg

Can anyone please help a fellow member out? For some time I have been trying to RNG with my 3DS XL on Pokemon Black 2. I already connected to pokecheck, already found out my Secret ID, but what got me was finding my Vcount, Timer0, and Vframe. Is RNG'ing on the 3DS XL the same for the normal 3DS? If anyone is already experienced with RNGing on the 3DS XL (or 3DS if its the same), I would be ever so grateful if you could share with me some tips on doing this, including the part when you synchronize your clock with your computer. ._. It's impossible since there are no seconds on the 3DS clock...
Old February 24th, 2013, 07:13 AM
Griffinbane
I hate Smeargle.
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
tbh, most of us are not qualified to answer that question. You're dealing with several whammies here: B2W2 is much more difficult to RNG than BW, the part where you have to RNG with some external clock, there's like a 8 second delay when using the 3DS, most of us don't even OWN a 3DS, those that do RNG with their lites...It's just not pretty.

Since you're stuck right there at the beginning of finding parameters, check the first page in this thread and scroll down until you see an RNG abuse guide. That part should be the same.

White: 1463 5558 5309
X: 2208 5685 5454
- - - -
Old February 24th, 2013, 02:49 PM
MellowJello
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffinbane View Post
tbh, most of us are not qualified to answer that question. You're dealing with several whammies here: B2W2 is much more difficult to RNG than BW, the part where you have to RNG with some external clock, there's like a 8 second delay when using the 3DS, most of us don't even OWN a 3DS, those that do RNG with their lites...It's just not pretty.

Since you're stuck right there at the beginning of finding parameters, check the first page in this thread and scroll down until you see an RNG abuse guide. That part should be the same.
Ok, thank you!! I guess RNGing, manipulating IVs, and EV training isnt for me after all. >.< From all the problems ive encountered, its just not worth it anymore i guess. Playing it for fun is the way to go for me! ^.^ hahah thanks again!
Old February 24th, 2013, 04:23 PM
Musica
PPPPPDPPPPP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MellowJello View Post
Ok, thank you!! I guess RNGing, manipulating IVs, and EV training isnt for me after all. >.< From all the problems ive encountered, its just not worth it anymore i guess. Playing it for fun is the way to go for me! ^.^ hahah thanks again!
Don't give up just yet. Just try the easiest one--Standard Seed abuse on Black/White. If you still have Generation IV Games (Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Soul Silver, Heart Gold), you can learn RNG Abuse on them for starters. If you have a DS Lite/Original, use that instead. It would be much much easier to RNG Abuse on that for Gen V.

If you still pursue to learn B2W2 abuse first... (Take note that this can apply to BW, too!)

This only covers CALIBRATION PROCESS. If you want to learn more about RNG Abuse, read this. Blade has a very nice guide.

NEEDS:
.NET Framework (Latest for Win Vista/7)
RNG Reporter 9.96.5 Beta
Eon Timer
3DS and a retail copy of Black, White, Black 2, or White 2
Patience x 99999999

1. Get something that can use Sweet Scent (Foongus is very common)

2. Get a Master ball and a lot of Rare Candies [OPTIONAL, but highly recommended. Do not worry, you won't lose them afterwards]

3. Go to the Pokemon League, go to Victory Road's last floor, save your game.

4. Turn off your 3DS or exit the game.

5. Go to the WiFi settings of your 3DS and look for its MAC Address.

6. Open up RNG Reporter 9.96.5 and look for Profiles Tab on the upper right corner of the window

7. A new window should have opened up this time and look for "New" <-- Click it

8. Enter a Profile Name (Using the name of the version you are playing is fine, or just use whatever you want)

9. Enter ID and SID. If you don't know your SID, just put 0.

10. Look for Find DS Parameters (This is where it will get really tricky)

11. Fill up the blanks on the right side first: Version, Language, DS Type, DS Mac Address. Leave Held Buttons alone.

12. Fill up the Date. For the purposes of this discussion, I will let you do a specific Date/Time combination.

Date: February 25, 2013
Hours: 12
Minutes: 15
Seconds: 30

13. Set your DS' Date to 02-25-2013 (Same as date above)

14. Now open up Eon Timer, make sure 3 tab is chosen

Fill up EonTimer with:

Mode: Standard
Pre-Timer: 30000
Target Frame: 0

14a. Look for the Settings of Eon Timer (lower left corner)

Look for the following settings and change them
Countdown Mode: Audio
Action Color: leave it as is
Sound: Beep (But I prefer Ding)
Action Interval: 500
Action Count: 6

Then click SAVE

15. Change your DS' Time to 12:15, but DO NOT CLICK "OK" YET!

16. This is a bit tricky, but here it goes. Click OK on your 3DS while clicking START on EonTimer. Make sure you do this at the same time!

17. At the end of the timer (the beeps/dings/ticks/pops will help you), you should've pressed A to start the game. DO NOT PRESS ANY BUTTONS AFTERWARDS!

18. As soon as you see the intro vid, enter (continue, new game, etc window) the game as fast as you can. DO NOT TURN ON THE C-GEAR!

19. Immediately use Sweet Scent on the field and capture any Pokemon you encounter.

20. Use Metalkid's calculator to determine the IVs of your caught Pokemon. To use the calculator is self-explanatory, but to make it clear for you...

20a. You will only fill up
a. Select Pokemon
b. Select Nature
c. Select Characteristic
d. (Scroll down and find Default Level) Change Default Level to the Level of your caught Pokemon, then click Update beside it
e. Now fill-up the blanks for the HP, Att, Def, SpA, SpD, Spe
f. Click Calculate. If the range of your IVs is quite large (i.e., 0-5, 6-10, 11-16, etc), feed the Pokemon a Rare Candy then repeat step e, but this time, on the next row since your Pokemon leveled up. If the IV range is still large (a difference of 5), feed it another rare candy and repeat e to f.

21. After getting the IV range (or exact IVs if possible), enter these data to DS Parameter Finder Window on RNG Reporter. Click SEARCH.

22. If you get a result, then good for you. If not, repeat the process starting on STEP 12.

23. Multiple attempts on Black 2 or White 2 is highly recommended as the Timer0 fluctuates a lot. Find the most common Timer0 you hit and use that on your Profile.

If there are more questions, feel free to ask. I may answer them, but not specifically for 3DS. Mac and/or Gonz0 (if he's here) can help you. I do not own a 3DS, sadly.
Old March 2nd, 2013, 12:16 PM
Cordelia
Banned

Anyone still RNGing lately? xD I haven't done much in about a week... been annoyed with DW lately. I need to get back to it, but the natures are trolololo.
Old March 2nd, 2013, 12:48 PM
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac View Post
Anyone still RNGing lately? xD I haven't done much in about a week... been annoyed with DW lately. I need to get back to it, but the natures are trolololo.
I have, but only as breeding requests on my thread, so I don't really post em here.

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Old March 2nd, 2013, 12:49 PM
Sydian
Reserved for Syd's house - Nook Homes

I haven't RNG'd in a while. I just haven't felt like it, being so busy with school. I've been playing Silver a lot lately, since my friend replaced the battery for me. I've been busy with the card game too...collecting, anyway. lol

I haven't RNG'd anything for myself in a long time though. Everything I've done in the past month or so was a request or challenge.
Old March 2nd, 2013, 01:09 PM
Cordelia
Banned

I am mostly doing the B2W2 entralink RNGing for myself. It's nice to have no pressure and just do it. I haven't done my requests in a bit though I might beg Tabor to do them.
Old March 2nd, 2013, 01:55 PM
lineofdeath
...overuser of the ellipsis...

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Skype™ to lineofdeath
Hi, does anybody know if there is a rng reporter that works on mobole devices.

peace is key...

hey guys... check my trading shop...
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=305409
..........................................................................................................................................they call me red.http://www.pokecommunity.com/signatu...ic362557_3.gif
Old March 2nd, 2013, 02:18 PM
Cordelia
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lineofdeath View Post
Hi, does anybody know if there is a rng reporter that works on mobole devices.
No, there is no version of RNG Reporter or PPRNG that works on mobile devices.
Old March 4th, 2013, 08:36 PM
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter

My first Wondercard RNG \o/

#648 Meloetta (LV 50)
OT: SPR2013 ID: 03013
Modest - Serene Grace - 31/31/31/31/31/31 - Untouched
Round - Teeter Dance - Psychic - Close Combat

Now if only I had learned how to RNG when they released more events for Black/White.....

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Old March 5th, 2013, 06:02 AM
Cordelia
Banned

Very nice job, Tabor! I'm going to get my Meloetta(s?) on Thursday. So, I'm super excited guys! I got my German Black in the mail n_n soon shall have non-flashcart abused German Pokemon. :D I already have the save and everything n____n
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here