The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Trade Corner

Notices

Trade Corner Having trouble completing your Pokédex? Looking for a certain Pokémon or have a rare one to offer? This is your forum. Everything related to wireless trades can be discussed here.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 21st, 2013, 07:01 PM
bugsy555

Sorry, this is what i mean
http://postimg.org/image/k9q2gmvhd/

I've been trying trying different seeds but they're all basically the same
Old May 21st, 2013, 07:10 PM
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Strange, did you use a seed that listed a shiny in a much lower frame?

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Ever wonder what goes through my head as I breed Pokemon? Want to see all the steps and pains I take to provide Pokemon for all of you? Well clicky clicky [here].
Old May 23rd, 2013, 06:19 PM
Munchlax11
Munch?

Nature: Serious
This is for Egg Abuse. I'm not new to RNGing, but I'm not the best at it. Earlier today I RNGed a flawless shiny Snorunt, Vulpix, and Sableye (all the same time and frame) then I tried to use the same time to RNG a Skamory, except I didn't want it to be shiny. So I unchecked the international box, and bred the US Skamory with a US Staraptor. The frame that I used to get the other pokemon slightly changed. (the gender changed to male, and the shininess) Why is it not working for Skamory? I'm advancing the frame 11 times just like I did for the Snorunt, but after trying around 15 times I'm not even coming close to hitting the frame I want because I don't see the natures I am getting are not anywhere near the frame I want. I'm not getting the same thing over and over again either. It's strange. I'll get a Rash nature one, then a Naive one, then a few careful ones(careful being the everstone nature). But I'm not changing the time or changing the number of times I advance the frame. ***I should mention I am using the Quick Egg Hatch code if that means anything, but it worked fine for the first 3.
Thanks for the help in advance!
*I can attach screenshots later if they would help!

|Ever Grande City Forums|My Profile|PM|Pokemoon Chatbox

Pokemon X
3DS FC: 2852-7439-1811
(VM if you add)
Old May 23rd, 2013, 06:27 PM
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter

Screenshots can really help, and using AR with RNG is not that great of an idea. It can screw around with the breeding sometimes.

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Ever wonder what goes through my head as I breed Pokemon? Want to see all the steps and pains I take to provide Pokemon for all of you? Well clicky clicky [here].
Old May 23rd, 2013, 06:53 PM
Munchlax11
Munch?

Well, it hasn't really been a problem until now. I breed the egg, advance the frame, obtain the egg, save the game, then put in the AR, and it usually works fine :/. I've attached screenshots... Forgot to mention I'm using PPRNG instead of RNG Reporter bc I'm on a mac. The first one is what I used to obtain the first 3, then the 2nd is what I used to obtain the Skamory. I'm trying to hit 62.

Pokemon X
(VM if you add)
Old May 23rd, 2013, 07:17 PM
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter

The box marked "International" is ticked in the first screenshot and not the second one. International parents gives you more options for shinies.

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Old May 23rd, 2013, 07:58 PM
Munchlax11
Munch?

Yes, I know. I don't want the Skamory to be shiny. In my first post I said I intentionally changed that. But does changing the international box make the number of times I need to advance the frame different?

Pokemon X
(VM if you add)
Old May 23rd, 2013, 08:33 PM
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter

Hmm, I'm not really sure why it does that. Perhaps try searching for a similar seed without having "International" ticked while searching for seeds. It does screw with it though if I recall correctly.

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Last edited by tabor62; May 23rd, 2013 at 08:42 PM.
Old May 23rd, 2013, 08:38 PM
Absol
Community Supporter

Yes. Changing International changes everything else. For the Skarmory you'll have to search for a different seed. Finding nonshiny seeds is very easy though so finding another seed won't be a problem.

Finally got to RNGing on my W2 and this is what I've gotten so far :D

Virizion ♁ Lv. 45
OT: EV♥ | 4508 | W2
Jolly | Justified
31/31/31/23/31/31
Helping Hand - Retaliate - Giga Drain - Sacred Sword

Deoxys ♁ Lv. 100
OT: Plasma | 5083 | W2
Calm | Pressure
31/11/31/31/31/31
Nasty Plot - Dark Pulse - Recover - Psycho Boost

Meloetta ♁ Lv. 50
OT: SPR2013 | 3013 | W2
Calm | Serene Grace
31/11/31/31/31/31
Round - Teeter Dance - Psychic - Close Combat

Keldeo ♁ Lv. 50
OT: WIN2013 | 1163 | W2
Timid | Justified
31/7/30/31/30/31 - HP Ghost 70
Sacred Sword - Swords Dance - Hydro Pump - Aqua Jet
Old May 23rd, 2013, 10:49 PM
Gonzo
RNG Sommelier
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Nice 'mons, cupcake!

Just a tip for the rest of Musketeers, kill them, they'll respawn at lvl 65 and they're easier to catch at 65 because of their worse movesets. Weird but true.

クリムガン
It races through narrow caves, using its sharp claws to catch prey. The skin on its face is harder than a rock.

PokéCommunity Supporter Collab

Pair | Family
Old June 3rd, 2013, 08:23 AM
shayminskyforme88
Collecting Events

Hi, I just managed to do my first RNG today(Used PPRNG). The IVs went well, but the problem was the shininess. I checked the "Shiny Only" Box but then the pokemon that appeared wasn't shiny. Did I do anything wrong?

Screenshot of my target:
Spoiler:

Old June 3rd, 2013, 08:34 AM
Black_Zero
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayminskyforme88 View Post
Hi, I just managed to do my first RNG today(Used PPRNG). The IVs went well, but the problem was the shininess. I checked the "Shiny Only" Box but then the pokemon that appeared wasn't shiny. Did I do anything wrong?
I don't know very well the PPRNG but, aparently you want a wild poke right??? or a stationary,etc

so you just need to dçfocus on hitting your target FRAME wich aparently is 182 and your starting frame is 48 so....
182-48=134 times you need to advance yuor frame

take note that if your want a wild pokes your frame can be dificult since Wondering-NPC mess up your frame if its a legendary o stationary then is quite simple but again the 134 is just a refence
even with a legend for example in my case usually is 5-6frames less so for me would be: 128-129

is just for you to try

Salu2
Old June 3rd, 2013, 09:35 AM
Gonzo
RNG Sommelier
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
I use PPRNG so I can help you.

Where were you trying to catch the Pokemon?

クリムガン
It races through narrow caves, using its sharp claws to catch prey. The skin on its face is harder than a rock.

PokéCommunity Supporter Collab

Pair | Family
Old June 3rd, 2013, 03:30 PM
shayminskyforme88
Collecting Events

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Zero View Post
I don't know very well the PPRNG but, aparently you want a wild poke right??? or a stationary,etc

so you just need to dçfocus on hitting your target FRAME wich aparently is 182 and your starting frame is 48 so....
182-48=134 times you need to advance yuor frame

take note that if your want a wild pokes your frame can be dificult since Wondering-NPC mess up your frame if its a legendary o stationary then is quite simple but again the 134 is just a refence
even with a legend for example in my case usually is 5-6frames less so for me would be: 128-129

is just for you to try

Salu2
Thanks, I'll give it a try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonz0 View Post
I use PPRNG so I can help you.

Where were you trying to catch the Pokemon?
I was trying to catch in different places (Victory Road, Dragon Spiral Tower, and Chargestone Cave to be exact) There were no NPCs onscreen every time I tried.
Old June 3rd, 2013, 03:39 PM
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter

Wandering NPCs don't have to be onscreen to affect your frame, they just have to be in the same room or area.

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Old June 4th, 2013, 05:52 AM
shayminskyforme88
Collecting Events

Thanks for the help guys, I was able to RNG 6 shinies so far today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabor62 View Post
Wandering NPCs don't have to be onscreen to affect your frame, they just have to be in the same room or area.
Oh ok, how do you deal with the NPCs so they won't mess up your frames?
Old June 4th, 2013, 05:58 AM
Griffinbane
I hate Smeargle.
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
You have to get from one screen to the next in the lowest time possible to minimize the effect the NPCs will have on you. Then you have to determine how many frames they shifted, and adjust for it.

White: 1463 5558 5309
X: 2208 5685 5454
- - - -
Old June 4th, 2013, 09:45 AM
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter

Quote:

Well, can't really just "deal" with them. You either go to an area without any wandering NPCs, or adjust your frames accordingly like Griff said. Of course you could always be like me and assume your shifted number of frames is two, though you need to be able to be able to quickly get into the menu right when the game starts.

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Old June 4th, 2013, 06:40 PM
Black_Zero
Unhatched Egg

Quote:

you cant, what happends is that the game always do the same so...
just do it as fast as posible then advance your frame and use sweet scent don´t give the NPC time to move but there is a catch while the animation of the sweet scent NPC moves

just do it a few time catch the poke check if the seed is right and then try to look for your actual frame then adjust and do it again

this is why is anoying you need to try again & again

Salu2
Old June 5th, 2013, 02:06 AM
shayminskyforme88
Collecting Events

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Zero View Post
you cant, what happends is that the game always do the same so...
just do it as fast as posible then advance your frame and use sweet scent don´t give the NPC time to move but there is a catch while the animation of the sweet scent NPC moves

just do it a few time catch the poke check if the seed is right and then try to look for your actual frame then adjust and do it again

this is why is anoying you need to try again & again

Salu2
My problem now is, I'm trying to rng Cobalion and there's no gender and encounter slot to check for which frame I landed in.
Update: Got Cobalion, Thanks for the help.

Cobalion ♁ Lv. 42
OT: Shawn | 54164 | Black
Naive | Justified
31/28/31/30/31/31
Helping Hand - Retaliate - Iron Head - Sacred Sword

Last edited by shayminskyforme88; June 5th, 2013 at 05:52 AM.
Old June 11th, 2013, 12:22 AM
shayminskyforme88
Collecting Events

Hi, I had recently purchased a copy of Black 2 and I am trying to RNG my trainer ID. I'm having problems hitting the exact Timer0 value. Does anyone know how to do this? Also need help with Encounter Slots, the chart I found mentions location numbers instead of actual in game location. I'm using PPRNG by the way. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by shayminskyforme88; June 11th, 2013 at 07:37 AM.
Old June 11th, 2013, 11:58 AM
Absol
Community Supporter

Quote:
Hi, I had recently purchased a copy of Black 2 and I am trying to RNG my trainer ID. I'm having problems hitting the exact Timer0 value. Does anyone know how to do this? Also need help with Encounter Slots, the chart I found mentions location numbers instead of actual in game location. I'm using PPRNG by the way. Thanks in advance.
Black 2 and White 2 are more trolly then Black and White when it comes to hitting your timer0. Also, have you found your parameters for your Black 2 yet? You need your parameters for that game before you can RNG abuse for ID and/or SID. Since I don't use PPRNG I don't know about the encounter slots. Sorry about that >.<
Old June 11th, 2013, 05:29 PM
shayminskyforme88
Collecting Events

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iloveeevee View Post
Black 2 and White 2 are more trolly then Black and White when it comes to hitting your timer0. Also, have you found your parameters for your Black 2 yet? You need your parameters for that game before you can RNG abuse for ID and/or SID. Since I don't use PPRNG I don't know about the encounter slots. Sorry about that >.<
Oh, so to hit the exact Timer0, I just have to keep trying? I've already found my parameters hitting the Timer0 is my only problem. I was able to get my TID and shiny starter though. Btw this is the exact encounter slot chart (http://)eggmove.com/encounterblack2.html(remove parenthesis, still can't post URL) . Thanks
Old June 11th, 2013, 08:18 PM
Absol
Community Supporter

Quote:
Oh, so to hit the exact Timer0, I just have to keep trying? I've already found my parameters hitting the Timer0 is my only problem. I was able to get my TID and shiny starter though. Btw this is the exact encounter slot chart (http://)eggmove.com/encounterblack2.html(remove parenthesis, still can't post URL) . Thanks :)
Yes you just have to keep trying until you get it. It'll take a little while longer than it did in Black and White though. For the locations I use an online Pokedex such as Serebii to find the locations for the Pokemon I want and then match it up to encounter slots, although since there aren't any names it's hard to know exactly which one is which. :l

Also, congrats on getting the TID and shiny starter you wanted! :D
Old June 12th, 2013, 12:53 AM
shayminskyforme88
Collecting Events

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iloveeevee View Post
Yes you just have to keep trying until you get it. It'll take a little while longer than it did in Black and White though. For the locations I use an online Pokedex such as Serebii to find the locations for the Pokemon I want and then match it up to encounter slots, although since there aren't any names it's hard to know exactly which one is which. :l

Also, congrats on getting the TID and shiny starter you wanted! :D
Thanks :D I look forward to RNGing Legends after the game. But right now I plan to play through the game first.
Edit: Does anyone know how to RNG Entralink Pokemon?

Last edited by shayminskyforme88; June 12th, 2013 at 03:05 AM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links