The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games

Notices

Video Games For non-Pokémon related game discussion. This area is for talking about computer and video gaming, from Nintendo to Sony, Microsoft to Sega, PC to Commodore.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 11th, 2013, 05:19 PM
Spinosaurus
Your favorite Pokemon sucks.

I need to use my PS3 more. It's pretty much a netflix machine right now. :/ Last game I bought for it was Metal Gear Rising back in february.

Though with Last of Us out now I'll finally use it again...once I get around buying it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodex View Post
I do need to buy Mario Kart Wii though :c
Yeeahh...don't bother. It's terrible. Get Mario Kart DS instead if you have a DS.

Or if you really want a kart racer on Wii, Excitebots is probably your best bet. Sonic All-Stars is also a great choice but the HD versions are better.

Man I could talk about the Wii's library all day. My favorite video game library this past gen. Zack and Wiki, Mario Galaxy, Rhythm Heaven Fever, Wario Land: Shake It, New Super Mario Bros Wii, Warioware Smooth Moves, Punch Out, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Trauma Center, Little King's Story, Another Code R, etc. Probably my favorite home console of all time (not including handhelds, otherwise the title belongs to the DS.) if Gamecube backwards compatibility is taken into account.

Man, thinking back, DS+Wii+360 was gaming bliss last gen.
Old July 11th, 2013, 09:56 PM
Mr. Avocado
Insanity
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
I've never had anything against Mario Kart Wii, I personally really enjoyed it! I always loved playing online, unlocking characters, winning cups, it so much fun.

Aha Spino, I've heard so many times about your love for Rhythm Heaven Fever and Wario Land: Shake It, I'm still yet to try those out.
Old July 12th, 2013, 05:31 AM
Spinosaurus

Mario Kart Wii's biggest problem was that it was unbalanced in every way. Characters were unbalanced, Funky was so much better than Donkey Kong or Wario. Vehicles were unbalanced, there was no reason to use karts or outdrift bikes when indrift bikes were so much better. Items were unbalanced, the ratio in which certain items appear was screwed up, nevermind how some items were just straight up stupid.
Mario Kart 7 is Mario Kart Wii done right. From the track design to the balance. It's a contender for the best Mario Kart game.

And I know I tend to express my undying love for Rhythm Heaven Fever every chance I get, but I don't recall throwing out praises for Shake It! every time. :P Unless you're confusing it with Wario Land 4.

That said, Rhythm Heaven Fever is my game of the generation. I absolutely recommend it to anyone.
Old July 12th, 2013, 05:35 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
That was the problem I've had with Mario Kart Wii too. I mean, when I was racing with my friends, we tend to think that certain karts guaranteed your victory (well if you had the skill to back it up that is), in which common characters were at common placements.

I've watched my step-sister play Rhythm Heaven Fever, which it looked pretty fun!

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old July 12th, 2013, 08:54 AM
Mr. Avocado
Insanity
Community Supporter

Yeah I definitely agree that the game had a lot of flaws and such, but I still enjoyed it immensely. There's just something about it which just really makes me like it. :3

I haven't really played any games like Rhythm Heaven Fever really, might need to save up a bit of money and then splash my cash on some recommended games some time.
Old July 12th, 2013, 02:24 PM
Mr. X
Oops
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet

Ah, Steams summer sale...

Anyone get anything?

I've gotten some things (L4D1, Strike Suit Mega Pack, Greed: Black Border and Star Raiders) and a list of other things that I'm thinking about buying.

Come play Runescape
Old July 13th, 2013, 12:01 AM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

Nature: Relaxed
I haven't gotten anything yet. I was hoping The Walking Dead DLC would be on sale, even if only slightly, but it's not. I know I can get it 20% off at GMG but I've heard it's only like an hour or two and while I liked the original, I haven't heard people raving about 400 Days so I'll probably pass until it hits ~$2.

Aside from that there wasn't really anything I wanted that I don't already have, so I'll keep an eye on the indie games but beyond that I still have plenty to play.

(My Steam Sale creed is if I don't think I'll play it by the next time a Sale rolls around, I don't buy it.)

previously known as lightning.
tumblrtwitter

Old July 13th, 2013, 01:01 AM
Went
The Seed Pokémon

Send a message via Skype™ to Went
I'm too busy playing Mario & Luigi Dream Team. Got it two days ago and it's going to suck up my time for a while XD (Disappointed at Bowser not being the first enemy you battle though!).

I'll check the steam sales for some cheap indie RPG's as I do every year though.
Old July 13th, 2013, 04:42 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Not related to the topic at hand, but, relating to Video Games, I did want to ad for this. ^^ http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthr...=301304&page=3

This is my first time using Steam, so, I guess I can check out the games while they last. :3 Right now I'm playing Tales of the Abyss for the 3DS though. Forgot how fun it is. ;___;
Hm, in other news, it looks like the Wii U isn't selling too well. :(

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games

Sylvie
Old July 13th, 2013, 05:59 AM
machomuu
Fueled by Pepsi
Community Supporter

This will probably forever be my favorite Steam Sale picture:
Spoiler:

I've been trying to trade a copy of Super Street Fighter IV that I've had since the beginning, but still no luck :/
Old July 13th, 2013, 06:08 AM
Mr. Avocado
Insanity
Community Supporter

Oh man, I'm gonna need to pop down to GAME sometime and get £100 for my Steam wallet. These are the sort of sales which sells you games!
Old July 13th, 2013, 07:44 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

I'll buy cards... maybe today? Though I don't have much knowledge about indie games~

btw, say hello to your new mod. ^^

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games

Sylvie
Old July 13th, 2013, 07:55 AM
abnegation
proudly paired with adventure

I know exactly where my next pay-cheque is going. I just hope I can HOLD off long enough. Also! For those who have steam, add me up!
Old July 13th, 2013, 08:13 AM
machomuu
Fueled by Pepsi
Community Supporter

I really recommend that you all take to heed of the tips I posted in the deals thread, especially if you aren't much of a Steam user. You'll end up saving a lot of money if you employ them well.
Old July 13th, 2013, 10:30 AM
Mr. Avocado
Insanity
Community Supporter

Today's deals are looking very nice! Might be able to pick up Tomb Raider tomorrow if I get down to GAME in the morning, still need to try playing that game properly. Also, want to try Resident Evil 6, last time I play an RE game was on the Wii.
Old July 13th, 2013, 10:32 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Hmmm, I haven't played Resident Evil game in a long time. :3

I mean, sure, it's a typical - ZOMBIES ARE COMING, KILL, KILL, KILL game, but, I do like the refreshing story line behind each of them~

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games

Sylvie
Old July 13th, 2013, 10:34 AM
Libra
I ain't insane, the world is just too serious...

I really wanna get Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon atm... i have the money for it but i keep forgetting to buy those friggin PSN cards which allows me to spend money in the PSN store.

The game looks nice to me

Paired to Supernova
Mod of Video Games
Sig by Aquacorde
StarCraft II record
VM/PM me
Old July 13th, 2013, 10:37 AM
Mr. Avocado
Insanity
Community Supporter

Anything with the name Far Cry in it is an amazing game! Gets better and better, and you cannot top the man that is Vaas.

And yeah, but what zombie games will you find that aren't like that? They won't be as entertaining otherwise, best way to keep players playing is by involving them more. However, it would be nice to see a more TWD show based game, but more free roaming than the actual TWD game.
Old July 13th, 2013, 10:46 AM
Mr. X
Oops
Community Supporter

The control's for RE scares me away.

First one I played was RE4 and it had some very, very, annoying controls.

Anyway, going to get Just Cause 2, The Hitman Collection, and Kinetic Void as well.

I'm consdiering Stardrive but still not sure if I should get that.

Come play Runescape
Old July 13th, 2013, 10:50 AM
Libra
I ain't insane, the world is just too serious...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pave Low View Post
Anything with the name Far Cry in it is an amazing game! Gets better and better, and you cannot top the man that is Vaas.

And yeah, but what zombie games will you find that aren't like that? They won't be as entertaining otherwise, best way to keep players playing is by involving them more. However, it would be nice to see a more TWD show based game, but more free roaming than the actual TWD game.
I know... I completed the main story of FC3 on easy, normal and hard and Vaas is just amazing... i really hope there will be a dlc where you can be him (though he's dead now). I loved Far Cry 2, Far Cry 3 was a game where i was just doing nothing just to look at the scenery since its so beautiful... I dont really know what to expect of Blood Dragon though...

Paired to Supernova
Mod of Video Games
Sig by Aquacorde
StarCraft II record
VM/PM me
Old July 13th, 2013, 10:57 AM
Mr. Avocado
Insanity
Community Supporter

Far Cry 2 was an amazing game, and the day I heard about Far Cry 3 I just squealed on the inside! I should actually buy some FC3 merchandise to put around my room, a bit of Vaas decorations here and there would be pretty nifty.

That was it, RE4 was the game. I agree with you completely, I was just like "what am I doing?" when I first started playing the game.
Old July 13th, 2013, 11:02 AM
Mr. X
Oops
Community Supporter

Those death scenes...

Huge boulder is chasing you down

PRESS 1 and 3!

WHICH BUTTONS ARE 1 AND 3!!!

*Presses random buttons*

Press 4 and 6!

WHERE IS 4 AND 6?

*Presses random buttons, gets squished*

Was amusing though. I installed this game on a couple of computers at Votech and everyone who tried playing it ended up screaming in frustration after about 5 minutes.

Come play Runescape
Old July 13th, 2013, 11:14 AM
Mr. Avocado
Insanity
Community Supporter

Well at least it calls us into action immediately and it makes you pay attention to the game. I really enjoyed it, scary moments throughout, it's unique in it's own way haha
Old July 13th, 2013, 04:30 PM
Spinosaurus

Resident Evil 4 is one game that I've always wanted to play, but never got around to. For some reason I never believe the hype for any game, but Resident Evil 4 seems like it could really live up to people's hype.
Old July 13th, 2013, 05:25 PM
machomuu
Fueled by Pepsi
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinosaurus View Post
Resident Evil 4 is one game that I've always wanted to play, but never got around to. For some reason I never believe the hype for any game, but Resident Evil 4 seems like it could really live up to people's hype.
Good, don't believe the hype. You're better off that way. It always is.

Sponsored Links