Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games
Reload this Page Video Games DCC

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Video Games For all of your gaming needs! From console gaming to Let's Plays, this area encompasses all things relevant to gaming and gamers.

Closed Thread

Old January 2nd, 2014 (09:59 AM).
Dragon at heart
Platinum Tier

Nature: Brave
Quote originally posted by machomuu:
Though, honestly, I wish SE would go back and make modern remakes of the original games. Given the cinematic for FFIV DS (which looks fantastic and, if you've never seen it, I recommend giving it a watch), they certainly have the mindset for it. It seems that they've resigned themselves to the idea that the pre-3D games should be simplistic and mostly the same, spanning mobile consoles. There's so much potential in innovative remakes, though. It's sad, really, because you don't see grand remakes like you used to.
I really have to agree. Their "Mobile Revolution" they're having now isn't doing the games justice. Just look at FFVI:

SNES + Non-Cutscene PS1:
Spoiler:

GBA:
Spoiler:

Mobile:
Spoiler:

All iterations of the game are in 2D, the Mobile version being the worst of them IMO (It looks like someone had graphical diarrhea in RPG Maker). I really wish they're realize their engine for FFIV DS is actually really good and that they'd start remaking these really good Final Fantasy games utilising this engine.

Do the best with whatever you can today.
Then tomorrow, you will have surely progressed.

The Legend of Legacy - Main Battle Theme
Old January 2nd, 2014 (10:05 AM).
I fell down some stairs

Oh my god the mobile version is ugly as hell.

Why couldn't they remake it with the same engine they used for FFIVDS?
Old January 2nd, 2014 (10:33 AM).
Grant me the power of revolution!
Gold Tier

Nature: Relaxed
Oh God, I know. The Mobile versions look utterly TERRIBLE. The reason that they're not going FFIVDS, FFIVPSP, or even a full scale 3D remake is beyond me.

...Actually, no it's not. It's very logical, really. That, right there, is cheap as hell to make, and a great money maker.
Old January 2nd, 2014 (04:43 PM).
Dragon at heart
Platinum Tier

I'd honestly pay for a hack of FFIV DS to make it into FFVI. They have enough to make FFXV, but not a decent 3D port of VI. smh Square Enix smh.

Old January 2nd, 2014 (04:54 PM).
Silver Tier

Nature: Bashful
To top it all off, while SE gives off these awful renditions of V and VI, they went and remade FFIV: After Years in the same style as FFIV DS. Now not to say After Years is a bad game, but SE have some weird priorities in that they remade After Years and not V and VI. (that or they just found an excuse to reuse the models of FFIV DS and call it a day.)

Spoiler:

[x]
Old January 2nd, 2014 (05:08 PM).
Gold Tier

And on mobile, no less. Y'know, I really can't complain about this since it's my fault that I don't have a smart phone, but I really wish SE would pay more attention to dedicated gaming systems. I'm not saying that they need to stop making games on mobile platforms, but it would be better for everyone if they would stop making their mobile releases exclusive to mobile devices. I fear that we may see more remakes akin to FFIV:AY exclusively on mobile, and it's a sad thought to think that the classic games may be shunned from the mainstream gaming market.
Old January 2nd, 2014 (05:24 PM).
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Silver Tier

Nature: Timid
With all those FF HD remakes I'm seeing now, I wouldn't hesitate to shell all my money if they announced they'd remake FF4 or FF6 on the home consoles like the PS3.
Ah the problem of making mobile releases exclusive to mobile platforms. That's sad though. And from what I heard there'll be a FF6 remake for iOS and Android and none for the other consoles
Old January 3rd, 2014 (02:30 AM).
I like kitties
Silver Tier

Nature: Lax
I'm still irked that they didn't give a damn about the 3DS and make FFV and and FFVI in the style of III and IV.

#328 Trapinch
Supporter Collab January 2015
Doctor Who Fan Club

Old January 3rd, 2014 (02:51 AM).
I fell down some stairs

Quote originally posted by Verdure:
To top it all off, while SE gives off these awful renditions of V and VI, they went and remade FFIV: After Years in the same style as FFIV DS. Now not to say After Years is a bad game, but SE have some weird priorities in that they remade After Years and not V and VI. (that or they just found an excuse to reuse the models of FFIV DS and call it a day.)
huh what.

WHY DIDN'T I KNOW OF THIS. Where can I buy thi-

oh. mobile.
Old January 3rd, 2014 (03:09 AM). Edited January 3rd, 2014 by ShadowE.
I am the Scorpion King B[
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky
Im gonna try out the game i hated so much... C&C 4: Tiberian Twilight... I got with with the full C&C collection so i didnt waste any money though... we shall see if its good or if my predictions are correct.

Might do a review of it aswell

EDIT: scratch all of that, this game isnt even worth trying. It went wrong in the opening cutscene already -_-

Destiny gear | Twitter | Video Games | #TheHunt (Destiny Edition): 13/22
Old January 3rd, 2014 (05:32 AM).
Probably sleeping.
Gold Tier

Nature: Naughty
I'd really wish the 3ds would get more ports of older games. It's a powerful little system and can easily handle PS2-games. [The snake eater port for example, looks nearly as good as the HD PS3 version.]

Even if it was just PS1 games they ported i'd be happy.
What I'd give to play FFVIII, Spyro, and Resident Evil 1/2 on my 3ds.
Old January 3rd, 2014 (06:16 AM).
I fell down some stairs

Quote originally posted by Somniac:
[The snake eater port for example, looks nearly as good as the HD PS3 version.]
Far from it.

The 3DS port is the worst way you could play MGS3. It's serviceable, but only if you don't mind aiming at pixels and a sub-20 frame rate per second. Only thing that makes it worth a playthrough is the addition of crouch-walking.

The Vita version is far better if you want to play MGS3 on the go.

That said, MGS3 is a pretty big game. If it was something on a smaller scale like Street Fighter 4 (a 360/PS3 game receiving a perfect port on the 3DS? My god!) then it can be done.
Old January 3rd, 2014 (09:29 AM).
Probably sleeping.
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by Spinosaurus:
Far from it.

The 3DS port is the worst way you could play MGS3. It's serviceable, but only if you don't mind aiming at pixels and a sub-20 frame rate per second. Only thing that makes it worth a playthrough is the addition of crouch-walking.

The Vita version is far better if you want to play MGS3 on the go.

That said, MGS3 is a pretty big game. If it was something on a smaller scale like Street Fighter 4 (a 360/PS3 game receiving a perfect port on the 3DS? My god!) then it can be done.
I meant graphically. I'll admit it doesn't play well.

I only used Snake Eater as an example of the size of game that the system can handle, I just want PS1 games on it. ;_;.
Old January 3rd, 2014 (09:59 AM).
Gold Tier

Well, depending on how the game is stylized, the 3DS is capable of handling any scale experience. Space is no issue and the only real worry is power.
Old January 3rd, 2014 (10:01 AM).
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Silver Tier

Nature: Timid
Well, even the PSP could handle the original PS1 games so I think the 3DS and Vita should be able to. For the 3DS, maybe they'd replace the analog sticks with some kind of tactile buttons idk. But it's technically possible.
Old January 3rd, 2014 (10:33 AM).
Alcoholic Renegade
Gold Tier

Nature: Modest
hey guys i'm gonna be doing a pixlemon live stream on twitch if anyone is bored and wants to check it out. http://www.twitch.tv/towerizer

pixlemon is a mod for minecraft that brings the world of pokemon to minecraft, come check it out.

if this should be placed in a different area please move it and sorry for the wrong placement.
shiny hatching value - 2978

Old January 3rd, 2014 (06:54 PM).
I'm a self aware man, I'm also borderline narcissistic

I don't think Sqaure Enix will last much longer with the Final Fantasy series. They have enough money rolling in from Dragon Quest 10 but it won't fund their mobile ports for ever. Didn't they get a new CEO whose main goal was MOBIEL GAEMING?

"I make stupid shirts and people like it so, I am grateful." ~Tyler, The Creator
Old January 3rd, 2014 (07:11 PM).
Gold Tier

Well a good portion of their Western (and Eastern) market is Final Fantasy. They'd be taking a HUGE gamble by dropping it. And honestly, I'd be sad if I did; the games, both new and old, have potential.

...Not to mention that the next game is gonna be an Action RPG, and damn if that doesn't make me excited. LR's a faux ARPG, though it certainly doesn't qualify as one (though I'm still looking forward to it).
Old January 3rd, 2014 (10:07 PM).
Banned

What if a remake or a new Final Fantasy came to the 3DS? Wouldn't that be pretty sweet, since it'd be quite perfect, providing it's gameplay was more like the older ones, not Final Fantasy VIII's, which would completely destroy the buttons on the 3DS. :P

I know about Theatrhythm and stuff, blah blah blah, but a remake would be pretty radical. C:
Old January 3rd, 2014 (10:13 PM).

Yeah and the 3DS can handle better graphics and stuff now can't it? I wouldn't mind seeing 6 being remastered since that was just wonderful. I think we might see a few more Dragon Quest remakes before we see another Final Fantasy one. But I don't mind remakes since it saves me setting an emulator up. And I would love to see some of my favorite games in HD.

"I make stupid shirts and people like it so, I am grateful." ~Tyler, The Creator
Old January 3rd, 2014 (10:24 PM).
Banned

Yeah, a remake would be fantastic! ^^

But Dragon Quest is a pretty popular franchise which will no doubt steal the spotlight. ;-; I guess you just gotta take it in your stride, plus it's not like DQ is a bad franchise, it's just I want more people available for a theme. xD
Old January 3rd, 2014 (10:26 PM).
Silver Tier

Nature: Bashful
Quote originally posted by ๖ۣۜTiara:
What if a remake or a new Final Fantasy came to the 3DS? Wouldn't that be pretty sweet, since it'd be quite perfect, providing it's gameplay was more like the older ones,
There is, and it's called Bravely Default. It's a game developed by Silicon Studios and published by Square Enix. Although it's not a Final Fantasy game, it's pretty much the closest thing you will get to an pre-VII Final Fantasy.

[x]
Old January 3rd, 2014 (10:31 PM).

Yeah though I heard something about you need to pay real life money for some things which has basically made me very unsure on whether or not to buy it. I like the art style it reminds me of the original art style for Final Fantasy and even closer to the four heroes of light game.

Old January 3rd, 2014 (10:33 PM).
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by Verdure:
There is, and it's called Bravely Default. It's a game developed by Silicon Studios and published by Square Enix. Although it's not a Final Fantasy game, it's pretty much the closest thing you will get to an pre-VII Final Fantasy.
I dunno, it definitely feels enough like its own thing that I wouldn't associate the two (even though it technically is, since it's a spiritual successor to The 4 Heroes of Light), unless for the sake of conversation, that is.

But it's certainly no substitute, and people want to see these classics revitalized. Personally, I love remakes. I'm not talking HD remakes, where they just spruce up the graphics for HD and maybe add a few modern additions, I'm talking real remakes where the game is recreated from the ground up. And you don't see those much anymore. It's as if it's become some sort of taboo to make a modern remake of a game.

...Well, that or it's just cheaper to do HD (or in the case of Final Fantasy Classics, ugly-arse mobile) remakes.
Old January 3rd, 2014 (10:33 PM).
Dragon at heart
Platinum Tier

Quote originally posted by ๖ۣۜTiara:
What if a remake or a new Final Fantasy came to the 3DS? Wouldn't that be pretty sweet, since it'd be quite perfect, providing it's gameplay was more like the older ones, not Final Fantasy VIII's, which would completely destroy the buttons on the 3DS. :P

I know about Theatrhythm and stuff, blah blah blah, but a remake would be pretty radical. C:
I DID NOT KNOW THIS UNTIL YESTERDAY BUT THERE IS A SEQUEL TO THEATRHYTHM AND I WANT IT NOW.

But yeah. I wouldn't mind a RPG Final Fantasy title on my 3DS. I'd give so much for it ngl.

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links