The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge

Notices

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 2nd, 2013, 10:49 AM
Lilizuki
The Wise Lesbian

application for a CLOUD user
FULL NAME: Kaitlyn Vera Victon
DATE OF BIRTH: 02/04/92
CITY & COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE: Okanagan Valley, Canada
APPEARANCE: Messy locks of lush brunette hair frame Kaitlyn's fair-skinned face, kept clean and hygienic, but not particularly prim or proper; a fitting description of her entire look. It isn't particularly difficult to style, but she chooses not to out of apathy for fashion and glamor, but she maintains its health diligently.

For the lack of make-up, most would describe Kaitlyn as pretty but plain. Her nose is small and slightly upturned, sitting above a pair of lips that are neither plump or skinny, but that hide a set of perfect, pearly teeth. A slight chin with non-distinct cheekbones form an oval face, besides which a pair of slightly mousey ears sit unmarked by piercings.

The remainder of Kaitlyn's body is hidden behind her clothing, with a bosom that would otherwise get attention kept under chestwraps to avoid unwanted attention. This leaves her with a fairly unremarkable body, kept healthy with nutritious meals and regular exercise, but without enough dedication to build musculature or curves.

Kaitlyn's clothes always consist of something practical to wear, that lets her feel comfortable in most activities and neither too hot or cold for the day ahead. Very few colors decorate her outfits, with only her glasses and a purse as her accessories for day-to-day life on the farm.

Image of Kaitlyn.
USERNAME: Kemono Vera
CURRENT LEVEL: 333
GUILD: None
ACCOLADES & ACHIEVEMENTS: Kemono Vera is one of the oldest players of CLOUD, having joined up since it started and adventuring in its world since its creation.

KemonoVera has one of the highest solo kill counts in the game, because of her shirking guilds.

DAEMON APPEARANCE: Kemono Vera is a lithe and short Daemon, barely standing up to five feet within the game's engine, with speed to more than make up for it. The most people see of her is a swishing black fox tail or a pair of iridescent yellow eyes in the Wilderness, before she sprints off to the next dungeon.

Her face is a slightly more idealized version of Kaitlyn's own, with slightly higher cheekbones and longer eyelashes, along with thicker and more lustrous hair that bounces wildly with each step. Her yellow eyes and pair of large fox ears are the most distinctive differences, however, and a distinct mutation made only a few years after Kaitlyn first joined CLOUD.

Rather than obscenely audacious robes or armor that glimmers like Seraphim wings, Kemono Vera has used the game's crafting system to create a simple outfit of black tights, with matching soft boots, a baggy top, and handwraps. Her distinctive piece of color is the bright blue scarf wrapped around her neck.

Image of Kemono Vera

other
ROLEPLAY SAMPLE: The pluck of guitar strings and beats of a pounding drum resounded through Kaitlyn's mind to induce a glorious reverie through which she could scarcely feel the passing of time. With headphones clenching tightly to her skull, an iPod tucked into the vest of her jacket, and her palm on the mouse with a ridiculous amount of buttons, she was dressed and ready to go out for a walk. There was something that tingled at the back of the young woman's mind, perhaps a snack or two, but they were irrelevant, as her online persona snapped the neck of yet another mini-boss.

Kemono Vera swept up the loot in her arms and threw it into the hammerspace that constantly hovered over her, before sprinting legs carried her through the deceased dungeon and out into the chirping Wilderness, where players would hunt her if they could get a glimpse past her speed. But it was what she was built for, as each step came in tune with Kate's headphones. With no passage of time, she arrived at the Plains in barely any time at all, as she dropped the unwanted loot for newer players of CLOUD to snatch away. It was in this moment of brief inactivity that Kaitlyn's eyes drifted over to the glaring red letters of her alarm clock and spotted the time; the alarm itself having gone off three hours past.

There was a brief twitch of Kaitlyn's eyes at the prospect of almost missing breakfast, but she'd showered and dressed before logging in just for such an occasion. With a series of clicks ingrained into her memory, Kaitlyn closed the CLOUD window and strolled down the stairs with gusto befitting somebody who clearly had been up for three hours already.

The soft scent of spices mixed with outmeal wafted through the sturdy pine door to the family kitchen, where a table fit for a dozen sat in the center with a hand-furnished desktop for cooking lining the far wall. Though the room itself was quiet of ambient noise, the clink of warm bowls being served and fresh orange juice being poured reminded Kaitlyn of the need to remove her headphones.

"Good morning, Kaitlyn." The rumbling voice of her uncle greeted from the head of his table, with muscles fit for carrying lumber and mending machinery instead daintily pinching the handle of a spoon, whose tip sat in the man's own cooked breakfast. He was a dab hand of a man, with a little skill in everything, and a pleasant smile that could make a suffer of depression open up. Indeed, that was something Kaitlyn discovered a few short years ago. "Dressed seriously still, eh? When'll you put those brawny fingers to work at the mill?" Uncle Donny teased the bookish young woman, as she sat between two men of the family.

"Afraid you might break a nail all by yourself, Donny?" A slighter man asked with a raised eyebrow from Kaitlyn's other side; a pair of slate grey eyes passed down to his daughter from behind horn-rimmed glasses. The brothers' teasing was something Kaitlyn had to put up with since childhood, and was something her mother tended to bemoan with a smirk. "What do you say to taking our breakfast to go, and letting Donny paint his nails all by himself, honey?"

"Yeah. Okay." Kaitlyn gave a brief nod, as she and her father took their meals outside the room, with a knowing look from Donny about the young woman's apparent mood drop. Stepping out to meet the morning air, it caress the scarf that hung around Kaitlyn's neck and blew the tiniest piece of heat up to her cheeks. With her cheeks slightly pink, she walked across the lush green farmland with her father, headed towards the forest where their shoes would crunch twigs and only slumbering owls could hear them talk. And, despite her progress, privacy was something Kaitlyn craved.

"Mind if I take a look at your iPod?" Her father asked, a small crease in his otherwise youthful forehead. Kaitlyn gave a small shake of her head in response, using her wrist to balance her bowl as she handed the small device over. It took only a few touches on the screen for the man's frown to deepen, his tech savvyness having served him will in understanding his daughter's mind. "You've been thinking about her, haven't you?" He asked, the hand holding an empty bowl falling slightly limp.

"Maybe." It was pointless to be vague about the answer, but pretending that there was something tangible helped Kaitlyn's recovery so far, and this time would be no different. She swallowed the last of her oatmeal, as her father thought through the last few steps of their walk and they came to the borders of the forest that surrounded their farm, to look out across the fields and pastures, with a river just over yonder that could serve more usefully in Summer days. She lived in a beautiful place, but the seclusion from civilization had caused all of Kaitlyn's problems. It made her resent every soil-sown seed, hand-hewn hut, and curd-creating cow that littered their land.

There was a gentle thud, as Kaitlyn's father joined her in leaning against the cool tree trunk, where they were hidden from the sky by a canopy of leaves. "Honey," His voice was soft and sure. "How about we head to ALTO later, do some business? We can put that noodle of yours to work some more, because the work you did for the family last week was fantastic." There was silence for a moment, before the man's eyes sparkled in a moment of inspiration. "And I may have a secret about the Update everyone's been talking about..."

The last words made Kaitlyn's ears prick up, just as they were expected to. She turned her head against the trunk, to look her father in the eye. "What is it?" She asked, her curiosity and drive for knowledge shining through her experiences with the game to light the flames of enthusiasm.

"Well, a little birdie told me that if you login on the thirteenth, between seven in the morning and a minute after, a sneak peek of the update will be revealed." Kaitlyn's father spoke with a tone of mysticism to his voice, that he most often used when teasing another member of the family, but it served the purpose of fanning the flames of Kaitlyn's enthusiasm well enough, as she shuffled over and gave her taller father a tight hug. She muttered a thanks, but he was just happy to make his daughter smile...

MISCELLANEOUS: Because of the farm's seclusion, Kaitlyn didn't have many friends outside the family and took to online chatrooms at the age of 10, which is where the met her first and only friend.

They joined CLOUD together, and spent five years as pen pals, but, one day, Neko Maria stopped showing up. It was a few months before Kaitlyn gave up, falling into a depression about her gone-forever friend. With the help of the family, and a lot of pills to begin with, she regained her footing and took up the Kemonomimi theme for herself. She still struggles with the depression.

Last edited by Lilizuki; January 2nd, 2013 at 04:39 PM.
Old January 2nd, 2013, 11:12 AM
machomuu
Fueled by Pepsi
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)...Okay, I think I'll reserve a spot. YOU BROKE ME, OKAY? I GAVE IN ;_;
Old January 2nd, 2013, 12:54 PM
Nakuzami
That Person's Name Is . . .
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Aw, crap, I read it. -.- It sounds amusing, and now I must join.
Not to mention the five reserved names I see are mah broskis (amirite? huh? WELL?) xD

Oh, but I noticed that, in the "Guilds" section, you wrote both "godspelledbackward" and "godspelledforward". You referenced them as the same person, so I assume that it's a typo?

Reserve me for now. I'll try to get started on my SU, but I'm being threatened by mi madre to do an essay that was due before Christmas Vacation . . . so, I may or may not do that, but either way it'll probably delay my SU a little bit. xD
Old January 2nd, 2013, 12:57 PM
The warden
I'm back!

Location: Standing at the edge of the world! Thinking let's jump off!
FULL NAME: Nicholas Thompson “Nick”
DATE OF BIRTH: 27/01/1990
CITY & COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE: London UK
APPEARANCE: Nick has short black hair which, unless he has been sleeping recently, he keeps spiked up. His eyes are a sharp blue colour. Nick has a slim build and stands about 5 foot 8 tall, which is rather unremarkable.
Most days Nick has to wear a suit because he is in teacher training. His suit consists of a grey pin stripe trousers and blazer. With this he wears a shirt and tie both of matching colour. In his free time Nick wears rather more relaxed clothes. Normally he wears jeans and a pair of beat up grey trainers. With this he will wear a t-shirt, one he regularly wears is one with his Deamon SnowHeat on it.
USERNAME: SnowHeat
CURRENT LEVEL: 79
GUILD:CLOUD NINE
ACCOLADES & ACHIEVEMENTS: On his account Nick has achieved the rank of master inventor, for the sheer number of items he has managed to produce. In addition to this he has been able to discover a number of new recipes, by some combination of deduction, perseverance and luck. On his account as SnowHeat, Nick has a massive collection of items. This includes the largest collection of bow ties in the Cloud.

DAEMON APPEARANCE: Nick's DAEMON is a humanoid penguin, it shares his gender. His penguin has a dark blue back, outside wings and head. It's belly and inside wings are white, in addition to this he has on orange beak and flippers.
Nick likes to collect rare items in the Cloud, he is an inventor of sorts who searches for ways to make new items from odd combinations. This shows in Snow's dress, he wears a black top hat, with a golden cog stuck to the left side of it. A black band is wrapped right round the hat holding the gear in place. On his right eye he wears a monocle with a gold rim and a glass lens which reflects two stripes of light when the light hits it right. Round his neck he wears a bow tie, of his own invention of course, the exact design varies but right now Nick is in a festive mood so it is two holly leaves with a knot made of three berries.
Another item he carries round with him is his pocket watch which has several interesting animations. Firstly when idle Snow will pull the watch out of a non-existent pocket and glance at it. Secondly when running around the game world the watch will fall out and trail round behind him. Though he prefers not to fight there are times when Snow must go into dungeons to find the rare items he needs, as such he may often be seen with his shotgun under his right wing. Hot shotgun affectionately known as “Hot Shot” has two gold barrels with it's name written down the side and a black stock. It is yet another of his inventions and is customize just about as much as is possible with any item, primarily it shoots snowballs but it is able to shoot other ammunition.
other
ROLEPLAY SAMPLE:
Nick was partway home on his way back from his day at teacher training in central London. He was changing trains and in one of those rare spots where the odd mobile signal finds its way to get through. Here amongst the isolation a piece of his life contacted him, his other life. His phone buzzed to life, vibrating in his jacket pocket signalling an incoming message. He reached into his pocket and drew his phone out. His mobile internet connection ha updated his Cloud-mail box, giving him a good several items to look over. He disregarded most of them but took notice of one. Opening the message a small winged hand emerged on one side of the screen and slowly moved across the screen, ripping open an envelope.
TO: SnowHeat
TOPIC: Dungeon Tonight
Tonight me and Sam will be starting on Dust again, join us at 7 if you want. I hope you find a darkened ruby shard tonight.
Phill
Nick close the message, it was from one of his real life friends, it seemed that he and his girlfriend were going to try another dungeon crawl. Well that would be a help, for a month now Nick had been searching tirelessly for a rare gemstone found only in Dust. The only way of finding a darkened ruby shard was to beat the crimson spectre a mini boss, unless you wanted to buy one. Nick compose a message back to Phill saying that he would be happy to join them later.

MISCELLANEOUS:
OOC: Sorry “d” key nearly broken.

Last edited by The warden; January 3rd, 2013 at 03:47 PM.
Old January 2nd, 2013, 02:25 PM
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfOfEve View Post
Nevermind. Just reserve me, humble Moderator!
Sure thang! You're reserved!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilizuki View Post
I'd like to be reserved, if you would be so kind.

I feel the need to ask for my character's sake; what is the social reaction to Cloud? Thoughts on it from Religions, the government, etc. Seems like the myriad of mythological references and the social impact it's had are things to take note of.
And you are reserved~

The government would definitely use it for marketing and as people use it as their main form of interaction, could send important mail through CLOUD because it's so well protected. As for religon... they'd have their own thing too. Basically, anyone with a cell phone has a cloud account.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delupuff View Post
Give me a reservation as well, pleaseeee! ^^
Alright! Reserved! Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by machomuu View Post
┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)...Okay, I think I'll reserve a spot. YOU BROKE ME, OKAY? I GAVE IN ;_;
GOOD! DONE!! RESERVED!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakuzami View Post
Oh, but I noticed that, in the "Guilds" section, you wrote both "godspelledbackward" and "godspelledforward". You referenced them as the same person, so I assume that it's a typo?

Reserve me for now. I'll try to get started on my SU, but I'm being threatened by mi madre to do an essay that was due before Christmas Vacation . . . so, I may or may not do that, but either way it'll probably delay my SU a little bit. xD
My bad! Yeah, that's the same person.

OKAY! RESERVED!

I'll read the SUs you guys in a second!!~
Old January 2nd, 2013, 02:41 PM
The Last Sentinel
Beginning Tracker
Community Supporter

Nature: Docile
Send a message via Skype™ to The Last Sentinel
Ermergerd... It seems like you've taken everyone's free will. None can pass this up.

Reserve please~

FULL NAME: Cameron "Cam" Jacobs
DATE OF BIRTH: 07/12/1994
CITY & COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE: New York City, New York, U.S.A.

APPEARANCE: Cam's appearance is that of a simple young man, whose body is obviously one that has been taken care of, both in hygiene and physical fitness, despite his skin's pale tone. His skin however, is easily brought out by his raven black hair and it's messy style. Furthermore, it seems to bring out his facial features most of all, probably do to the close distance between the two. Cam possesses bright blue eyes, sometimes covered by his hair, that seem to emanate a small amount of kindness. He has a pronounced jawline and a distinct nose. Many people tend to say that he is at least a tad bit handsome.

Moving on towards his clothing style, Cameron tends to be more monochromatic than most, preferring neutral colors over many others. This tends to mean that while he will basically anything, it tends to be black, white, or grey. An example being his grey Tee and black jeans. During the colder months, Cam usually has a long-sleeved, trench coat-like jacket and a somewhat large, white scarf.

USERNAME: ShadowTorn
CURRENT LEVEL: 163
GUILD: Daemonhead

ACCOLADES & ACHIEVEMENTS: In terms of achievements, Cam doesn't have much. However, the ones he does have are quite noteworthy.

In CLOUD, he is number three in terms of puzzle solving and code breaking. Due to this, he also happens to be one of Daemonhead's top tacticians and explorers.

DAEMON APPEARANCE: When Cam first joined CLOUD, his biggest problem was creating his avatars, or Daemon to be more precise. He wanted the Daemon to be somewhat intimidating,and with the site's unique character creation system, it was fairly easy.

He chose to give the Daemon a sort of wolf- like creature, yet also gave it a humanoid feel, giving it bipedal capabilities. Being a wolf, ShadowTorn will obviously have the many characteristics of one, such as large, sharp claws and a mouthful of pointed teeth. However, with all the Wolfish features the Daemon carries, it also has some of Cam' s qualities, such as his blue eyes and his raven black hair, though it is obviously longer. When seeing the Daemon, the first concept that comes to mind tends to be 'werewolf'.

ShadowTorn was also given a somewhat unique dressing style. The outfit consists of a sleeveless, vest-like shirt, it's two sides held together by a zipper and multiple buttons. The other half of the outfit is a pair of trousers that end just below the knees. Finally,the outfit is completed by two gauntlet length, fingerless gloves. The gloves each have a set of two buckle-like adornments, obviously used to secure the gloves on.

other

ROLEPLAY SAMPLE:
Spoiler:
Cameron stared at his notebook, his mind focused on the plethora of doodles and away from his professor. He loved the school and the people in it, but he couldn't help feeling bored, after all, the teacher did nothing but talk to hear herself. Sighing, he turned towards his friend, his face having the same expression as he wrote what appeared to be a note.

MISCELLANEOUS: No idea as of yet~ Descriptions soon.

Last edited by The Last Sentinel; January 5th, 2013 at 11:18 AM.
Old January 2nd, 2013, 03:02 PM
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Final Watchman View Post
Ermergerd... It seems like you've taken everyone's free will. None can pass this up.

Reserve please~
You are reserved!! :D

@Lilizuki, you're accepted! Though just for consistency's sake (though it doesn't really matter at all), the special announcement is on the 21st and the pre-announcement (which is the thing that took place in the plot in the first post i wrote (yknow, getting the key and that)) was a week before that (the 14th). Because your character is in Canada and the times given is JST (which is japanese standard time or whatever), the time would be different too.

but it doesn't matter. ;D you're accepted anyway~~~~
Old January 2nd, 2013, 03:45 PM
Nakuzami
That Person's Name Is . . .
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
I just noticed something: there's no personality section! What is this sorcery?! D:

Okay, well, somehow I've managed to remain in front of this laptop for hours and I've only done the most basic information . . . I feel like a failure. ;w;
But I am rather excited to try playing as this character. I've never actually written out her details, but over the past few months she's evolved a bit within my head and I've grown attached. She's one of my favorite characters now, methinks. Let's see how it goes.
Old January 2nd, 2013, 03:48 PM
The_Original_Raitan
West Side

Must... resist... GAH! This looks to cool to pass up. Reserve me please! ;p
Old January 2nd, 2013, 03:57 PM
The Last Sentinel
Beginning Tracker
Community Supporter

Nature: Docile
Send a message via Skype™ to The Last Sentinel
See? The black magic has literally destroyed our reasoning... Will anybody be able to resist!? D:

(BTW, is it possible for my character to be a person who helps designing some of the dungeons?)
Old January 2nd, 2013, 04:11 PM
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Original_Raitan View Post
Must... resist... GAH! This looks to cool to pass up. Reserve me please! ;p
RESERVED, SUCKER!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Final Watchman View Post
(BTW, is it possible for my character to be a person who helps designing some of the dungeons?)
I don't mind but the dungeons are randomly generated every floor, so it's not like it would be any benefit to him for doing so. He probably wouldn't be able to work at the company but he could be a freelance programmer or designer or whatever that works for CLOUD. :P
Old January 2nd, 2013, 04:39 PM
Lilizuki
The Wise Lesbian

I started out with plans to fix those consistencies, but they got lost while writing it. :v Fixed nao.

Yay~
Old January 2nd, 2013, 06:54 PM
XLegionxX
Blackwood is rising!

Hmm yes hmm... very interesting. Would you kindly reserve me, Good Sir.

Old January 3rd, 2013, 04:56 AM
DLMuerte
Mercenary Chief

Nature: Rash
Send a message via Skype™ to DLMuerte
And I would like to be reserved too. Please?

YA | S: WoF | FE: TRW
Old January 3rd, 2013, 05:59 AM
adventure
in mega we believe

Nature: Naive
FULL NAME: Osumoto Arakira
DATE OF BIRTH: 11/1/1991
CITY & COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE: Kyoto, Japan

APPEARANCE: In real life, Arakira doesn't completely look like the average young Japanese woman. She is from a very rich family and therefore is expected to wear properly feminine but stylish clothing every day, part of it being high heels. Her hair is long and black and she most often keeps it in a thick braid running down her back. She is short and has bright, slanted brown eyes and rather high cheekbones. Her nose is tiny but cute and her lips are narrow. When she allows herself some free time (which is more often than her parents think it should be), she wears long pants and loose blouses as much as she can. She dislikes that the school has always forced her to dress in a special way and that her reputation and position demands the same, albeit with slightly different clothes. She needs glasses when reading since she is far-sighted. Also, she is left-handed.

USERNAME: Ryuujinx
CURRENT LEVEL: 57
GUILD: Daemonhead

ACCOLADES & ACHIEVEMENTS: Most who have had dealings with the company guild Osumoto Biomedicals inside CLOUD at some point know that the daemon Ryuujinx is associated with their heiress Osumoto Arakira. This can be both good and bad. Some businessmen within CLOUD can still be useful for Arakira when she needs a favor or information, while others follow her father's unofficial stance and keep their distance from her.

Ryuujinx does not hold any record for dungeons or arenas since she is still pretty much a noob. Now that she has finally cut herself loose from too overbearing responsibilities in the business sector though, she can focus on nurturing her spirit instead and goes exploring with members of Daemonhead in RAIN as often as she can to grow stronger and find awesome loot. If anything, she might be the one of the guild's most relentless members nowadays.

DAEMON APPEARANCE: Ryuujinx appears as a Japanese dragon with a fierce face at first glance but often a clever albeit toothy smile if you look closer. Her eyes are a bright, almost yellow green color with round pupils. Her face is covered in white fur while her long neck and body is covered in white, pearly scales. The mane grows from the ridge of her back, almost all the way down to her tail, and is a mix of black and cerise hair. On her head sits a pair of deer-like horns close to furry deer-like ears. Her black front legs, which double as perfectly able hands, look like a bird's legs and hands, with claws that can be retracted or fully visible depending on if she wants to shake hands with someone or partake in a battle. The claws are painted with a teal color. Her hind legs are a bit sturdier but still have bird-like feet, also with teal claws. Finally, the tail is almost as long as the body and thins out into a small fan of cerise feathers. When she stands up straight, she measures about 6'5" not counting the tail.

other
ROLEPLAY SAMPLE:
Spoiler:
Arakira heard about the CLOUD announcement at the worst of times. She was having breakfast, for once together with her whole family - she, her mother, her younger sister and their father. The subject of CLOUD was still touchy. The radio played, since Mr Osumoto disliked talking at breakfast and would rather just have something to listen to that he did not need to reply back to. Suddenly, the news talked about the exact thing he did not want to hear when Arakira was in the same room.
On the first minute of 21st of December, 2012 (JST), CLOUD will revolutionise. Make sure you're online before then to claim rare anniversary items and to catch the live screening of the special announcement. We hope to see you then!"
Arakira and her father didn't realize that their stares met until after a few seconds. Then they both looked away. Her sister started talking about it but Mrs Osumoto stopped her. Not another word was said during that breakfast.

Of course Arakira would log on in time for the announcement, showing up as her beloved daemon Ryuujinx. She wondered why they didn't reveal more. If it was a new area, they would usually show a trailer or something. And if it was a bunch of new quests, they would still do the same. Maybe this wasn't as big a thing as they made it sound, or maybe it was a whole new city, like CIRRUS? She had a hard time focusing on work over the next couple of days, spending much time with CLOUD trying to see if someone else knew more about what was to come.

Some people in Daemonhead knew one more thing, apparently. They had heard that if you log on at 00:00 and 00:01 exactly one week before the announcement, you'll get to see a sneak peek of what it could be. It was out of the question that Arakira would miss that.

On the day for the pre-announcement, Arakira sat with her smartphone in her lap next to her sister Haruhi, who wasn't a hardcore CLOUD member, but still had an account as well. Haruhi's daemon was a blue Charmander, since she had liked pokémon at the time when she made her account.

"What do you think it will be?" the younger sister asked the elder.

Arakira smiled. "It could be anything. I knew they were going to give us a sneak peak. They don't do updates like these without some advertisement."

"Do you think father will be logging on now as well?"

The older sister turned to look at the younger. "Why would he? He doesn't care about CLOUD for what it is; he just thinks it's a convenient way to make contacts and affairs. Since it's so secure."

"I don't know. I think he likes walking around in ALTO and CIRRUS."

"What would you know about ALTO? You're not 18 yet."

"I'm 17! Don't treat me like a little child, Arakira. It might be me who will take over the company, you know!"

Silence. Haruhi slammed her hands over her mouth with a scared look. Arakira just stared at her hollowly for a moment, before she sunk down and smiled. "I know," she said. "I knew that."

"It's not sure! I didn't mean to-"

"It's ok. I already knew that father did not want me to take over the company any longer. I failed him. I don't want that life anyways." She looked down at her smartphone. Soon, it was time to log in.

Haruhi looked like she had just crushed a mirror and would receive 7 years of bad luck. "I don't mean to take over what you would get..."

"Didn't you listen to me? I don't want that. I think... I think I never did. But you do. Please," Arakira put her hand on Haruhi's shoulder. "Work hard. I was groomed since an even earlier age. Please work hard. For father. And mother. And me."

"Of course!" Haruhi said, daring to smile a little, but tears were starting to pour out from her eyes. "Sorry. I'll just..." She got up and out of the room, leaving her smartphone on the couch where they had been sitting. Looking at it reminded Arakira of the announcement.

Without hesitating or thinking of calling her sister back, she quickly logged on. She could not miss this! She came just in time to hear what ICARUS had to say and receive the message with the key. How strange. When he was done, Ryuujinx was forced to log out. Arakira sat in the couch with a puzzled look when Haruhi returned.

"Is it time yet?" she asked.

"Oh... you missed it! I'm sorry. I was in a rush to log in and didn't think."

Haruhi wasn't angry; she actually laughed which relieved Arakira to no ends. "I didn't care as much as you did anyways."

Yes. She would make a better head of the company than Arakira would. Arakira had too many other things to think about. Too busy not growing up.

MISCELLANEOUS: Arakira is the heiress of a wealthy Japanese family who founded a successful medicine company called Osumoto Biomedicals and has dealings with many other important companies, such as CLOUD's managers at some level. Ever since she joined CLOUD though, the heiress has started to value other things in life than business.

Ryuujinx was created in 2006 but for personal reasons as well as family and business reasons she hasn't been leveling actively until mid 2011. Arakira was forced to use her daemon for business meetings and other official things like that between 2008 and 2011 and most of her levels still come from that.

<<CLOUD v2.0>>

Last edited by adventure; January 4th, 2013 at 02:40 AM.
Old January 3rd, 2013, 10:14 AM
銀ヤミ
Fighting to Renew my Past...

Nature: Lonely
Well, hey, looks like you can drop my reservation. As much as I was anticipating playing in the mod's RP, I realized that if I do this too I'll probably have to cut back time on other RPs, which I'd rather not do.

Old January 3rd, 2013, 12:06 PM
adventure
in mega we believe

I might change my character completely xD Haven't fully decided if I really want that character or daemon yet because I'm just silly and indecisive like that. So I'll let you know when you can read my SU 8D I'm just keeping it here in the meantime.

<<CLOUD v2.0>>
Old January 3rd, 2013, 12:28 PM
MichaelaTheUchiha
Forever Shawol and Aileean

Nature: Adamant
I'm almost done; I just need to type up and finish my Daemon's appearance and finish my sample.

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r417/MichaelaTheUchiha/Onew277-2.jpg
Old January 3rd, 2013, 03:42 PM
machomuu
Fueled by Pepsi
Community Supporter

Hope you don't mind if I use the CSS format from the OP, but if there's one area that I'm lacking in, it's CSS -.-'.
FULL NAME:Egal Minkis

DATE OF BIRTH: 10/2/94

CITY & COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE: Severn, Maryland

APPEARANCE:Lots of black and ridiculously long strands of hair make up Egal's most defining features. He's quite proud of his hair, as it reaches all the way down to his knees, which is astounding considering that he's 6'2". His parents and some of his friends think that he should have it cut; he's quite proud of it, though, and wouldn't dare cut it off without good reason. It's difficult to decipher what constitutes for a good reason in Egal's eyes, as it's definitely difficult to manage; it gets stuck in vacuums, it gets pulled on when he sits down, and brushing it is something he has to plan in advance because it takes so long to do. In other words, it's more trouble than it's worth. Still, there are people who awe and wonder at his locks. Girls specifically. It took a lifetime of precision haircuts and hair products to have it at the length it is now. He'd probably be mistaken for a girl, especially with his slender build, if it wasn't for his masculine looking face with azure blue wide eyes.

Other than that, he oft wears a black Old Navy Hoodie, with a black T-shirt that says "ToHo" in white kanji across the shirt, as a nod to his interest in Touhou Project. To his dismay, it's actually the only item he actually owns in relation to the project, and thus it's a prized possession of his. He wears a pair of black jeans normally, and blue jeans when those aren't available. He has long legs, which make up the majority of his height, and his fingers are rather slender due to the frequency that he is on his computer. Most of the time, he doesn't wear socks, nor does he wear shoes if he doesn't need to. He feels that putting on socks and are shoes are a waste of time and most of the time he doesn't wear them for this reason.

USERNAME: Master Spark

CURRENT LEVEL: 178

GUILD: GENSOKYO (Leader: Yukari Yakumo)

GUILD DESCRIPTION: Gensokyo is the other side of reality. Gensokyo is the land humans ignore because it is the land humans cannot see. Gensokyo is the Land of Illusion, and it is the Land of Fantasy. There are several Touhou Project related guilds, and Gensokyo isn't the first, but it is the most popular. Run by an early user of the game, Yukari Yakumo, Gensokyo is unique because of how large it is. The guild is made up of several sects, each run by a ranking member of the guild. The HUMAN VILLAGE is the center of trade in the guild, and it deals its materials to those who are both members of the guild and those who aren't. The Human Village is run by maXis (goes by his nickname, Rinnosuke when the guild is concerned) and mostly exists for the sake of expanding the borders of Touhou's popularity. They sell games, clothing, weapons, and the like to supplement such a goal. MAKAI is for those who want to delve into the several available dungeons that exist in Gensokyo, run by Patchi and the creator of the guild herself, Yukari Yakumo.

ACCOLADES & ACHIEVEMENTS: Being a fan of the combat as he is, Master Spark is an avid competitor of the ACID Arena. While it does act as advertisement, for Gensokyo, he still thoroughly enjoys participating in the Arena. One specific highlight of his career as a competitor was his success in the Dance of the Devil Tourney. The Dance in the Devil Tourney was a four month long tournament with moderate attendance and entry rates. Spark participated in the tournament and fought his way to the top. The final fight was a close match between the Fantastic Warrior and a member of another guild by the name of "The Strongest Under The Heavens". The guild was relatively small yet was incredibly skilled and very proud. They were a guild that was completely geared towards training for and participating in the ACID Arena.

Upon winning the final match, Master Spark gained the official title of "Shadow Dancer" and gained some renown. The victory also helped to boost Spark's self-esteem, as he'd never one anything of such prominence, before.

DAEMON APPEARANCE:
Spoiler:
Master Spark's Daemon is modeled after Tam Lin, specifically, Shin Megami Tensei's version of him. He says often says that it is a temporary appearance until he is inspired enough to create a new one, but it's been quite a while since he joined Cloud and he still hasn't changed it. It should be noted that although Tam Lin traditionally carries a lance, Spark often carries a slender white sword, or nothing at all, in its place.
other
ROLEPLAY SAMPLE:
MISCELLANEOUS:

Last edited by machomuu; January 13th, 2013 at 07:03 PM.
Old January 3rd, 2013, 04:23 PM
Arago
Community Supporter

Reserve a spot for me too please!
Old January 3rd, 2013, 05:30 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

It's finished! I hope it's okay. ^^

offline ☠

DATE OF BIRTH: 05/15/92
CITY & COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE: Miami, Florida

APPEARANCE: Rachel is a 20 year old girl who is about 5'8, weighing about 145 pounds. 'I guess someone should lay off the cake, huh?' she say, joking about her weight. As for her skin tone, it's a slightly beige skin color. Fortunately for her, it was still past the time for her to get any blemishes yet, but soon, she might dread the day again. As for her feet that has 5 toes on each foot, and her hands that have 5 fingers with each hand, they weren't very wide or long; they were in fact, pretty small compared to her mother's and fathers. Her hair is straight and black, that is long enough to each her mid-back.

Rachel loves to cosplay - she especially likes to dress up as maids with cat-ears and a cat-tail. It's not very surprising, since cats are Rachel's favorite type of pet. Often enough, if you were to meet Rachel in real life, you'll see her wearing her maid outfit; even from going to the supermarket, and going to college. Very rarely when she is not cos-playing, she would wear a casual outfit. Rachel; usually likes to wear a white dress shirt which is more or less ironed and washed every day. This white dress shirt has black buttons with a stable collar. It's not too long as well; it reaches to the end of Rachel's mid-section. With this dress shirt, she would wear a short silk black tie that's pretty much the same color as her buttons. As for her bottom attire, she wears a long light-green skirt that drops down to her ankle.

online ☠

USERNAME: LGDClaw
CURRENT LEVEL: 188
GUILD: T H E ☠ P I R A T E S

GUILD DESCRIPTION: T H E ☠ P I R A T E S is a guild made for people who lust for treasure and plunder, while getting all they can drink. This guild's primary focus is to treasure hunt for the most prodigious valuables they can muster - from money to extremely rare items. They even travel to lands that people would not normally be foolish enough to enter; from unexplored charters, to the most barren and hostile lands. Lack of these particular lands are a problem, but T H E ☠ P I R A T E S will push on until they have explored all the lands they can muster up. On certain days, older members of T H E ☠ P I R A T E S travel to the downtown - ALTO to play on the famous casino; their favourite games includes blackjack, the roulette, and the casino slots. Not just anyone can join though - only those who are cunning, yet strong and devious enough are the only ones made to join this particular guild. However, if one does fit these descriptions, then it doesn't matter how old you are - prepare for a guild full of life, and excitement!

ACCOLADES & ACHIEVEMENTS: Recently, LGDClaw has acquired the "Treasure Discoverer" title, for she, along with certain members of the Pirates, discovered a mountain full of treasure outside the coast of a small ocean. She also acquired a very rare item - an item that there is only about 150 of them in the world. It was a sapphire necklace that seemed to be quite valuable indeed, so she sold it to give her enough money for a pirate-esque ship, right outside the guild, by a nearby ocean.

Thanks to the pirates guild, her explorer skills seemed to be unmatched, for she explored about 54 places, and dungeons. Due to her recent success, she received the title of "First Mate" in her guild, the second highest title class in the Pirate Guild, that is only handed out to a select few members out of hundreds, second only to "Captain".

Her battle skills seemed to be exceptionally well too - she acquired a rare silver cutlass item just underneath a vast ocean just last week, in which she uses that item for combat. She does not battle very often nowadays, unless she really have to combat with certain 'rivals' of hers, in order to acquire treasure for the guild.

DAEMON APPEARANCE: The main body that Rachel chose for her Daemon is a blue, simple cat. She, of course, chose a cat for her avatar because it resembles her love of cats. This cat has light blue eyes, not too big ears, a cool nose, joyful whiskers, a white body-stomach, and a purple and blue striped tail. However, Rachel sought that this cat was awfully bare, so it was time to accessorize it! She added long, straight red hair on the cat's head, to make it look like it had human hair on its head. She also added a captain-esque pirate had for it to wear, along with black boots with a golden buckle, making it sort of resemble the character from her favourite children's story, puss in boots. She also made this cat to be about 15-20 inches, which is fairly larger than a normal cat, but the more to love.

other ☠

ROLEPLAY SAMPLE:
Spoiler:
It was about 4:38 P.M. The air was salty, and the ocean was even saltier. The soothing sound of the sea was interrupted by the wave-crashing of a nearby sail boat. The boat looked quite sturdy - it seems as though it was brand new. Another thing quite remarkable about it was the clean, white sails that hosted it - it looked relatively untouched. Who was sailing this boat, though? Well, it was none other than the members of the Pirates guild - also known as "the salty landlubbers", "those JACKASSES!", and most recently, "I love you pirate-guild-samas please don't hurt me...!". Of course, the pirates nowadays felt that the guild did not feel the same if good ol' Rachel, as her online persona, LGDClaw, wasn't on board to explore. She was, in fact on board this very ship, heading for god-knows-where.

"Hey, remember that old salt-fish on the fist market we saw?" one of the guild members, that looks like he chose a toad for an avatar, asked. "Wouldn't it be so good to chow down on it now?I mean, we can just wake up in the morning, and then OH BOY! We already have a fis so there's no need to go fishing!"

"The last thing I want is salt-flavored-anything, kid," LGDClaw explained as she was surveying the sea with a small, golden telescope. "Aren't you supposed to be eating on oranges or somethin' anyway? I heard you can get scurvy or... whatever it's called."

"Aye," another guild member, whose avatar looks like one of those dragons from a game series. He must really loves those kinds of games, LGDClaw once thought. "Scurvy is about as delightful as my mom when she signs a song from her pop albums."

"Yikes," LGDClaw remarked. "I prey for your soul, champ. Total nightmare fuel."

"Um, by the way?" the guild member with the toad head asked. "Where are we sailing to anyway? Nothing but water for the last 25 minutes..."

"Rumor has it that there's a mountain of silver coins just beyond the canon coast," LGDClaw explained has she ceased looking through the telescope. "I dunno about you, but if it's money involved, I'd sail to Hades and back."

"We almost did once too," the guy with the dragon body said. "But it was actually a punk who created a sign that read 'Hades Isle'. We showed em' a thing or two, eh fellas?"

"LAND HO!" shouted a stern voice on top of the mast - it was another guild member, who looks like a humanoid with fox ears and has about nine-tails. "I see a land about 32 degrees west ahead! We should arrive there in about... 5 minutes? Provided that Yungarian over there doesn't screw it up?"

"Shut up you," the fellow known as Yungarian, said as he steered the ship. "32 degrees; I've heard ya already, and steering that way now." The ship did just that - as it streamed through the waters of the wide sea. The fishes underneath the sea seemed to enjoy the ship's company - they were swimming beside the ship as if they were gliding and sliding through ice. Soon, the ship was docked
on the coast of the nearby island, where the first thing that LGDClaw landed on was the soft sand that surrounded the area. There was even cute little shells, but things like that were left for the hermit crabs.

"Alrighty," LGDClaw announced. "SlippieToady and Oryps, follow me; I've got a map riiiight here. Yungarian and Ihawtpink, stay here and guard the ship, okay?"

"Roger!" they announced. Their loyalty with LGDClaw was sound - after all, LGDClaw recently have gotten the second highest rank in the Pirates guild due to her skills of exploration and quick thinking. Perhaps waaaaay too much impulsive thinking. The crew of three marched their way through the sandy beach, all the way towards a clearing where they saw quite an impressive sight - it was a large canyon that seemed to go on for miles.

"This is the canyon island alright," LGDClaw said as she held the map. "Which means the treasure outta be around here!"

"Are you sure about this?" SlippieToady sort of... 'ribbited'. "I mean, what if this is just a blatant rumor?"

"I know what I'm doing," LGDClaw asserted. "You know my motto. No prey, no pay. I can sniff prey from a mile away y'know. When my whiskers itch, it means that great booty's on deck."

"If you say so," Oryps agreed as he surveyed the vast canyon. "But... where do we go from here?"

"Well, think about it," LGDClaw explained. "In a canyon like this, where would be the likely place of a legendary treasure to be at?" It was then that the pirate cat pointed down. "Down below, of course!"

"But... that's madness!" SlippieToady rebutted. "Do you really expect us to climb down a 50 foot canyon?"

"Well, I dunno about you, but cat's always land on their feet," LGDClaw said with a smile. "Why don't ya both hold on to me? I'm sure you'll land on your feet too."

"I don't think that's how it works..."

"Well, scrap that idea then," LGDClaw said as she got out the map again. "Let's see... how do I explain this - there was some sort of clue attached to the rumor, y'know? It went like... 'bing'! And there it was."

"Okay..." SlippieToad tried to grasp. "What's this clue?"

"It was more like a riddle," LGDClaw explained. "To find the fortune you must be hasty, or else you'll be nice and tasty."

"What?" Oryps questioned. "Blimey me LGDClaw, what on the seven seas does that mean?"

"It means that there's a monster here," LGDClaw explained as she tucked away the map by rolling it. "One that finds us quite tasty under specific conditions. Though I tried to avoid these conditions, it appears that we have no choice."

"Huh?"

"Well, SlippieToad," LGDClaw addressed. "Remember how you said that we should catch a lot of fish? Well, you were right. Let's round up as much fish as we possibly can..."

"And then do we get to eat them?"

"Actually, we're gonna rub it against ourselves," the pirate cat said as seriously as she could. Her two fellow guild members exchanged glances with each other. "What? I figure that we should make ourselves smell as tasty as we could to bring this guy out, y'know?"

"Yes, but I don't think it's very ethical..." Oryps said. "Not to mention quite risky indeed."

"Don't worry!" LGDClaw winked as she flustered her bright, scarlet hair. "Remember, I know what I'm doing."

☠☠☠☠☠

Pretty soon, the guild members were hanging bear the beach, with the smell of codfish swamping them with head to toe. It was a curiously disgusting sight, but according to LGDClaw, it was going to be all worth it.

"This is humiliating..." SlippieToady remarked.

"Oh, quit wining, it'll come right off," LGDClaw explained. Soon, the ground started to shake heavily. "Oh, and we have company just in time...!"

"Is it the monster?" asked Oryps. "It does sound quite big..."

His question was to be answered quickly as the crew felt something coming up from the sand. LGDClaw prepared her trusty silver cutlass, with her fellow crew members getting into a battle stance. Soon, the gutless foe showed it's face - it was about 10 feet long, as it showed it's menacing pincers.

"I've heard about this enemy before," explained LGDClaw. "This is an oceanic mini-boss; GEC as I recall? It attacks with it's powerful pincers; it's is quite the mean enemy indeed."

"What do we do?" SlippieToady asked. "Do we do the original PIRATE technique of switching party members during combat?"

"Not to worry kid," LGDClaw said with a smile. "Look at it's HP - it's way less than the aquatic mutant whale that I've fought and beaten 2 weeks ago. I've got this." As the mini-boss roared, the young pirate cat leaped into action. Her strikes were swift and strong, and her whiskers were sternly, and straight. Soon, at about 2 minutes, the foul beast was felled, and to the victor, the spoils. "Told ya I'd win. Hey look, I'm level 188 now. Niiiice!"

"Excellent work as always," Oryps complimented. "But... what about the treasure? Don't tell me this was just a baseless rumor all along..."

"My whiskers says otherwise," LGDClaw winked. "Look." Soon, something formed on the ground after the 'congratulations!' message was faded away - a giant red tail-like substance appeared on the ground, with a note: Giant Exquisite Lobster Tail. "There's the treasure! See, that thing is quite special - I heard that if you grill it, it'll be one of the tastiest meals you can eat! And I'll tell ya - I'm a cat that does enjoy her lobster tails."

"I see," said SlippieToady. "That'll be quite a feast! Say, can we make it in ALTO tonight?"

"Yes of course," Oryps agreed. "But for now, we should head back and report to the Captain--"

"Hold on," LGDClaw interpreted. "See that? There's another note with it."

"What does it say?"

"Hm, let's see..."

"Congratulations, young explorers! This is a reminder that on the first minute of 21st of December, 2012 (JST), CLOUD will revolutionize. Make sure you're online before then to claim rare anniversary items and to catch the live screening of the special announcement! We hope to see you then!" Then, the message faded away.

"Hey yeah, it's that other big rumor," said LGDClaw. "I'm pretty stoked about these rare items, y'know?"

"More importantly," Oryps said. "I wonder what the announcement will be? When we've first heard of it in the guild, the people in the guild have been speculating that CLOUD will never be the same again, but... I wonder if there is more to that?"

"Well, remember to set your alarm clocks," suggested LGDClaw. We're wakin' up bright and early to catch these rare items before they're all gone. Oh, and we'll stick around for that announcement too."

"Aye, Aye!"

"Good! Now crew! Let's moooove out, and head back home!"

MISCELLANEOUS: LGDClaw isn't really that famous outside her guild. Recently she sought out on owning a pet cat in real life, once she gets the extra money.

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie

Last edited by Miss Doronjo; January 4th, 2013 at 05:48 PM.
Old January 3rd, 2013, 08:42 PM
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon

Wheeee I'm so excited for everyone's enthusiasm! I'm currently at work an reading through some of your SUs but I should get to them tonight~

Edit: also, just a reminder; the announcement in the first ooc post was the pre-announcement. The actual announcement on the 21st of December (RP time) will be the first IC post. There, ill explain what the keys mean and such~~~

Last edited by Skymin; January 3rd, 2013 at 09:03 PM.
Old January 3rd, 2013, 10:06 PM
revlis
The Sentinel
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Maddy, can you please take off my reservation, for the time being I believe I may not have the time to RP.
Old January 4th, 2013, 01:01 AM
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLegionxX View Post
Hmm yes hmm... very interesting. Would you kindly reserve me, Good Sir.
RESERVED, M'LADY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeLaMuerte View Post
And I would like to be reserved too. Please?
Suuuuure thing! You're reserved!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfOfEve View Post
Well, hey, looks like you can drop my reservation. As much as I was anticipating playing in the mod's RP, I realized that if I do this too I'll probably have to cut back time on other RPs, which I'd rather not do.
Aw. You're gonna miss out!! O: O: O: But okay...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchisou Yutohru View Post
Reserve a spot for me too please!
Reserved a spot for you~~ :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Doronjo View Post
It's finished! I hope it's okay. ^^
I laughed a lot. I love her personality!! Very crazy, very kooky, very Shawn. ACCEPTED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 雷影 イチロ View Post
Maddy, can you please take off my reservation, for the time being I believe I may not have the time to RP.
:'(
Old January 4th, 2013, 02:41 AM
adventure
in mega we believe

I think I'm done with my SU now.

<<CLOUD v2.0>>
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links