Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge
Notices

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 20th, 2013, 02:26 PM
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcjboi View Post
Skymin, I added the dialogue to the SU above.
Cool! My only real problem is that you don't seem to use the "new speaker, new line" rule. If we can fix that up then you are all set!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeLaMuerte View Post
Same here! :D

Are there cash items in the game that can be accessed using another player's key? Cause I think Wind really wants his Plasma Blade back (and the gun, too).
Not as of yet. The only way to get items at the moment are monster drops. ;) though the ones I just spawned might drop a little bit of weapons and armour, it won't be anything high level at all.
Moderator of the Roleplay Corner <<
my art blogcommission infoCLOUD v2.0<<
Paired with revlis <<
Old January 20th, 2013, 02:39 PM
Lilizuki
The Wise Lesbian

We need to describe defeating each and every monster?

Grinding is gonna suuuuuuuuuck.

Is real world MMO slang used in CLOUD?
Old January 20th, 2013, 02:52 PM
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilizuki View Post
We need to describe defeating each and every monster?

Grinding is gonna suuuuuuuuuck.

Is real world MMO slang used in CLOUD?
At the moment? Yep. Because we are level one and those monsters will be pretty hard and can't be taken on alone, yes indeedy. Maybe not later on. But levels are at your own leisure, as long as you dont LEVEL 50!!! on one monster. And yeah, slang would be used.
Paired with revlis <<
Old January 20th, 2013, 02:53 PM
Nakuzami
That Person's Name Is . . .
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skymin View Post
to MESS WITH TEH SYSTEM!!!!!! you might get them back later maybe idk

also, everyone, just letting you know that factory reset daemons with no battle items equipped means no skills, and the only real thing you can do to attack atm is punch. but all your posts so far have been fabulous~~~
AAAAAH, guess that means I can't do Colette's flamey-guitar thing again.
Does that mean she lost her guitar? .0.
Oh, and do characters have innate abilities, such as Wyatt's (one of mah NPCs) "Pathfinder Vision" thingy? If not, then . . . hmm . . . NEED TO RETHINK THINGS. (Cause I was thinking some characters would have certain abilities that were part of the avatar itself, such as the power to control plant-life (Videl's Daemon) or, as I mentioned, Wyatt's Clairvoyance)
Old January 20th, 2013, 03:00 PM
dcjboi
With Quiet Courage

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to dcjboi
Skymin, the deed is done sorry about the slip-up. I need to start using that rule.

Old January 20th, 2013, 03:55 PM
Adventure
do it my o w n way

Nature: Naive
I might have taken some liberties in my last post. Let me know if anything (the last part) wasn't ok.

moderator of roleplay corner & pokémon general
proudly paired with abnegation
¤
Old January 20th, 2013, 04:05 PM
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon
Community Supporter

Quote:
Skymin, the deed is done :) sorry about the slip-up. I need to start using that rule.
Coolios~ You are accepted, then. <:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers View Post
I might have taken some liberties in my last post. Let me know if anything (the last part) wasn't ok.
Nope, it was totally fine. :)
Paired with revlis <<
Old January 20th, 2013, 04:07 PM
dcjboi
With Quiet Courage

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to dcjboi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skymin View Post
Coolios~ You are accepted, then. <:

Nope, it was totally fine.
Quick question Skymin. Should my first post start from the announcement on the 21st from ICARUS?

Old January 20th, 2013, 04:13 PM
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon
Community Supporter

Quote:
Quick question Skymin. Should my first post start from the announcement on the 21st from ICARUS?
Yep, from after the first post in the IC thread. Read everyone elses' posts as well so you have an idea of whats going on and what to post and in case you want to interact with someone. d:
Paired with revlis <<
Old January 20th, 2013, 04:39 PM
Lilizuki
The Wise Lesbian

Thanks for answering my questions, Skymin~ Just trying to get a feel for the larger world.
Old January 20th, 2013, 05:07 PM
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon
Community Supporter

Quote:
Thanks for answering my questions, Skymin~ Just trying to get a feel for the larger world. ^_^
Haha you're welcome. It's my job as GM to try and describe the setting to the fullest to my members <3
Paired with revlis <<
Old January 20th, 2013, 05:11 PM
DLMuerte
#aldnoahzero

Nature: Rash
Send a message via Skype™ to DLMuerte
SO HE'LL NEVER HAVE A PLASMA BLADE AGAIN?!

Wind will be so dissapointed. D:
Which reminds me, how many people would it take to take out one of those monsters in our current state? Because right now we only have Wind, Kemono Vera, and Pepperton.

YA | S: WoF | FE: TRW | F:TLoD
Old January 20th, 2013, 05:28 PM
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon
Community Supporter

He might get it back eventually. It depends on his decisions and stuff. ;D

And Ryuujinx as well. She's there as well. It's probably a 3 on 1 kind of deal with those monsters, 2 on 1 if youre lucky~
Paired with revlis <<
Old January 22nd, 2013, 09:55 AM
Adventure
do it my o w n way

Ryuujinx is there and kind of threw out a suggestion for the others that you can reply to if you feel like it :p We could pretend that there were more players than us helping out, right?

EDIT: it's a shame I can't double post xD Who's that emoting and crying daemon that lillizuki's writing about? Not pepperton, right?

¤

Last edited by Adventure; January 24th, 2013 at 04:58 AM.
Old January 24th, 2013, 09:13 PM
Denny Hamlin
i can f e e l again

Nature: Brave
I know, my activity sucks. I'm dropping out, unfortunately. School is taking over me. lol
MOD of FC&G & battle server // paired to Buoysel & Kanzler // rival of Jeff Gordon
[14:19] Slate...: yes megan is an independent black man who needs no shower & black woman to lead his new transsexual life
Old January 24th, 2013, 11:32 PM
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon
Community Supporter

Quote:
EDIT: it's a shame I can't double post xD Who's that emoting and crying daemon that lillizuki's writing about? Not pepperton, right?
Yeah, i had the same question. I thought you were referring to a random? maybe the npc monkey character i added? D:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Storm View Post
I know, my activity sucks. I'm dropping out, unfortunately. School is taking over me. lol
aw meg. ): come back if you ever have the time!!
Paired with revlis <<
Old January 25th, 2013, 06:46 AM
Lilizuki
The Wise Lesbian

"Crying" was referring to the act of letting out a cry for help ("Party up!"), as opposed to sobbing.

"Emoting" was referring to Pepperton doing things like shaking her head, turning her Daemon to look at the monkey, et cetera.

Hope that helps~
Old January 25th, 2013, 11:27 AM
Adventure
do it my o w n way

Quote:
"Crying" was referring to the act of letting out a cry for help ("Party up!"), as opposed to sobbing.

"Emoting" was referring to Pepperton doing things like shaking her head, turning her Daemon to look at the monkey, et cetera.

Hope that helps~
Ah, that makes sense :) Sorry ^^

¤
Old January 26th, 2013, 12:04 PM
Nebula
♚ Here's looking at you, kid.

Nature: Relaxed
Hey there, sorry to drop in unannounced, but is it too late (or too full) to sign up? I am finally getting my muse back, and I would love to join in the fun here if you would have me.

Frequent Visitor of the Roleplay Corner // Roleplays - // Pairless
Old January 26th, 2013, 03:03 PM
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon
Community Supporter

Nope, definitely not too late! Sign up away! :D
Paired with revlis <<
Old January 26th, 2013, 03:13 PM
Nebula

Great! I will have my SU done by sometime tomorrow, as I have to attend a square dancing event soon. Will post the Alpha SU down there so I can finish it later.

One question: is it alright to make my character a well-known, legendary player who practically been there since the beginning? If not I will gladly change what I have so far, but if so I would appreciate it a lot. I just think it would be interesting for someone who has done and owns so much to suddenly be reset in an instant and be like a newbie again. xD

.offLINE

FULL NAME: Mercy Lynn O'Donald
DATE OF BIRTH: 05/03/1984 - Twenty-Eight, 28
CITY & COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE: London, England
APPEARANCE: Though Mercy was born and raised as a proper Englishwoman—accompanied by an impeccable accent—she is of Brazilian decent, and looks the part. She stands at an average height of 5'3" and is quite the petite little lass. Despite her size, she works with a personal trainer daily to keep herself fit. Who knows when you might need to get away quickly or fight your way out of a situation? She as sure doesn't and thus takes this extra caution seriously, but there have been no needs for it as of yet.

Though she has dyed her hair many times over the years, her natural color is a golden brown that runs straight past her shoulders with a slight wave. It is normally put up in a rather messy bun or ponytail due to her lack of interest with her appearance. Yet when found outside of her condo at a formal event or meeting, she takes the extra time to tuck in stray pieces. Her favorite hair accessory (a skinny dark red, beaded headband) is thrown in there when she is feeling a little dressier. This mane of hair caresses her sharp pointed face and hazel eyes. On that face is a brown mole on the upper part of her left cheek. If you look close enough, and at the right angle, it could almost be a heart. Other than that she looks rather plain with no other noticeable physical attributes that distinguish her.

The only reason Mercy dresses fashionably is due to her personal assistant's taste in clothing. Winona doesn't let her out of the house looking like she rolled out of bed, and doesn't tolerate it even inside the condo during her working hours. Winona tries to prevent Mercy from appearing as a lazy everyday gamer, which she is. The clothing choices normally follow along the lines of colorful pants, laced undershirt, styled top shirt with a pattern or design, and a loose cardigan. If it were up to Mercy, she would be wearing a t-shirt, old fashioned blue jeans, and a hooded jacket.

.onLINE

USERNAME: Ardent

CURRENT LEVEL: 347
GUILD: Knight's Temple
(also know as: The Five Grand League)

KNIGHT'S TEMPLE (leaders: Ser Cryobase & Ardent) 5 000 active members
The Knight's Temple guild is a group of five thousand elite, hard-core players who have devoted their lives to CLOUD and its many features. It was originally created by its leaders, Ser Cryobase and Ardent, as a private dungeon guild until its main members became well known through the virtual realm, and it was opened to more top ranking players. Because of the unique member cap, it is also called The Five Grand League by some. Its primary objective consists in leveling up DAEMONS, participating in ACID arena matches, and high difficulty dungeons. Though most member prefer solo runs, it also acts as a way to quickly party up with equivalent level DAEMONS. They also coexist as RARE item and achievement collectors. Knight's Temple is also known for its event hosting and sponsorships.
ACCOLADES & ACHIEVEMENTS: Having played CLOUD since its creation, Ardent has amassed a great deal of achievements over the years. Due to the nature of her guild, she has mainly focused in the areas of battling, ACID arena, and dungeons. Rare items have also been a past time for her, and it shows in her arsenal, as well as traveling across the expanse of CLOUD. A few notable achievements are listed below.
  • VETERAN - One of the first hundred members to join CLOUD.
  • RADIOACTIVE - Won five Championship matches in the ACID arena.
  • THAT WAS A NIGHTMARE- Complete PHANTOM'S LAIR dungeon on Nightmare difficulty without taking damage.
  • FINDERS KEEPERS - Looted a EPIC rarity item off a dungeon boss.
  • SHH, IT'S A SECRET! - Found all hidden areas within CIRRUS.
  • WHO ARE YOU WEARING? - Equipped a complete set of RARE designer armor.
  • VIP LOUNGE - Received exclusive insider access to CLOUD'S 1st ANNIVERSARY event.
  • CAN'T TOUCH THIS - Awarded for DUNGEON MASTERY.
DAEMON APPEARANCE: Ideally, Mercy wanted a fierce looking DAEMON, along the lines of a dragon or wild cat. Something that looked gender neutral and menacing. Yet as she got into the creation her views changed. She began to like the idea of an innocent looking creature that was swift and agile, but had a bite when crossed. After toying with the options she eventually ended up with a Humanoid Rabbit sort of being, with two long tan ears tipped with gray tufts. Her skin is like a smooth silky fur of the same tan color that covers her entire body. Atop a round head sits a waterfall of silvery white hair pulled back into an absurdly long ponytail reach down to her feet. The DAEMON has a thin, feminine physique and stands quite tall compared to the average height (helped by the ears, of course.)

For matters of clothing, Ardent chose to dress her DAEMON in under armor. She switched her options so that no matter what is equipped, the under armor is the only thing that shows on her DAEMON. This was done not only for appearance preferences, but to prevent other DAEMONS from seeing her equipped items without pulling up her bio. This under armor appears as loose khaki breeches, peach and pink patterned tunic, cream and burnt red spiked cloak, and brown leather boots. Various brown ribbons are also tied on the cloak as accessories.

.oTHER

ROLEPLAY SAMPLE:

Spoiler:
(please provide a sufficient sample, describing days up to and including the pre-annoucement. you may include how they heard the rumour, a conversation at school or work if they attend it, a quest or guild or social outing, etc. if you are planning on creating relationships that existed before the start of this roleplay, a joint post is perfectly acceptable. this is what i'll be using to judge whether you are accepted or not so please work hard on it! )

MISCELLANEOUS:
  • Ardent has been playing CLOUD since it opened to the public.
  • Her DAEMON has become a well known sight and name across the virtual world.
  • She only attends Events if it is an official CLOUD event, one of her guild's events, or she is sponsored and getting paid to show up.
  • Ardent plays frequently, as her job has basically become her DAEMONS lifestlye.
  • For real life work, Mercy has a part-time position as Game Developer for the company EVOlution.
  • Despite her more than sufficient income, Mercy lives in a two bedroom condo that she rents each month.
  • Ardent became good friends with the co-leader of her guild, Ser Cryobase, during the first year of CLOUD. The two began spending time together with their DAEMONS and eventually were best friends. They have met in real life several times.
  • Mercy has a personal assistant, Winona, to help her with her busy online and offline life.

Last edited by Nebula; January 27th, 2013 at 10:49 PM.
Old January 26th, 2013, 03:46 PM
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovereign. View Post
Great! I will have my SU done by sometime tomorrow, as I have to attend a square dancing event soon. Will post the Alpha SU down there so I can finish it later.

One question: is it alright to make my character a well-known, legendary player who practically been there since the beginning? If not I will gladly change what I have so far, but if so I would appreciate it a lot. I just think it would be interesting for someone who has done and owns so much to suddenly be reset in an instant and be like a newbie again. xD
Squaredancinglol and also yay FFtactics!!

yeah sure, that's fine~! just as long as everyone in the RP knows it too. RIGHT KIDDOS?
Paired with revlis <<

Last edited by Skymin; January 26th, 2013 at 03:57 PM.
Old January 26th, 2013, 03:54 PM
Nebula

The only reason I am going square dancing is because a) IT'S FUN, IT REALLY IS. :D b) I am in my college's play, which is kind of like a blue grass musical comedy. We do a lot of square dancing it in. Opens in three weeks so I need to get some practicing in lol.

Yes, FFTactics! <3 I was having a hard time deciding on using a Gria as her DAEMON or a Viera. I just love their designs,

And thanks! I promise it won't be too big of a thing. Just a name people know or whatnot.

Last edited by Nebula; January 26th, 2013 at 04:05 PM.
Old January 27th, 2013, 03:27 AM
Adventure
do it my o w n way

Sounds cool ^^ I'll play along. I should probably post, also :p

¤
Old January 27th, 2013, 06:51 AM
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon
Community Supporter

Quote:
The only reason I am going square dancing is because a) IT'S FUN, IT REALLY IS. :D b) I am in my college's play, which is kind of like a blue grass musical comedy. We do a lot of square dancing it in. Opens in three weeks so I need to get some practicing in lol.
i did square dancing in year 9 like six years ago and it was horrendous and all the boys' hands were sweaty and gross. anyways, moving on~~

Quote:
Yes, FFTactics! <3 I was having a hard time deciding on using a Gria as her DAEMON or a Viera. I just love their designs,
honestly, when i was designing pepperton, i had grias in mind as well! they are such bad asses. i should upload a picture i've drawn of pepperton so 'chinchilla/lioness' isn't so confusing. d:

Quote:
And thanks! I promise it won't be too big of a thing. Just a name people know or whatnot.
sure~ go nuts. i don't really mind what you do.

Quote:
Sounds cool ^^ I'll play along. I should probably post, also :p
you should! and since you're the last of the 'fighters' who has to respond, you can go ahead and start fighting in your post. anyone can bunny the monkey, just as long as you make him a lazy-ish kind of guy
Paired with revlis <<
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here