The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge

Notices

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 29th, 2013, 01:34 PM
Nebula
♚ Here's looking at you, kid.

Nature: Relaxed

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skymin View Post
i did square dancing in year 9 like six years ago and it was horrendous and all the boys' hands were sweaty and gross. anyways, moving on~~

honestly, when i was designing pepperton, i had grias in mind as well! they are such bad asses. i should upload a picture i've drawn of pepperton so 'chinchilla/lioness' isn't so confusing. d:

sure~ go nuts. i don't really mind what you do.
Yeah, that square dancing doesn't sound too enjoyable. I go to this great place where there are people of all ages: old, young, in between, you name it. It isn't hard to find a partner for a square and if you can't do it yourself the caller will find someone for you. It's a blast, and one heck of a work out. xD

You should! I would love to see what her DAEMON looks like. I mean, chinchilla/lioness is a pretty specific description, but it's nice to have a visual.

OK, thanks, haha ~ I will have fun with it. I just need to write up the Sample and the SU is all set. Is there anything you see so far that needs changing by any chance?

Frequent Visitor of the Roleplay Corner // Roleplays - // Pairless
Old January 30th, 2013, 01:24 PM
Lt. Col. Fantastic
The Arianator

Nature: Sassy
I know it was 1437 last time I was in an RP here, but I think I'll sign up for this...

That is, if there is still room (theres still room right right right?)

Mr. Aladdin sir! Have a wish or two or three!
Old January 30th, 2013, 01:34 PM
ChocolateCrunch
Not an old man. x]

I can't resist this RP ... And I said I never would on my new account Hopefully I can reserve a spot and hopefully get the SU up late tommorow or on Friday!
Old January 30th, 2013, 02:19 PM
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon

Nature: Quirky
Sorry guys, got distracted by Sims and Ni No Kuni lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovereign. View Post
You should! I would love to see what her DAEMON looks like. I mean, chinchilla/lioness is a pretty specific description, but it's nice to have a visual.

OK, thanks, haha ~ I will have fun with it. I just need to write up the Sample and the SU is all set. Is there anything you see so far that needs changing by any chance?
I drew her at work yesterday but I kinda want to digitise it. I might upload the scraps though haha

Everything seems A-OK so far!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Col. Fantastic View Post
I know it was 1437 last time I was in an RP here, but I think I'll sign up for this...

That is, if there is still room (theres still room right right right?)
There is totally still room. Sign up awayyyyy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocolateCrunch View Post
I can't resist this RP ... And I said I never would on my new account Hopefully I can reserve a spot and hopefully get the SU up late tommorow or on Friday! :)
Sure! Go nuts!!!
Old January 30th, 2013, 05:04 PM
Lt. Col. Fantastic
The Arianator

application for a CLOUD user
FULL NAME: Micah Roran
DATE OF BIRTH: 31/10/1994
CITY & COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE: Los Angeles, California, United States of America

APPEARANCE: Your typical "Surfer Dude". Micah has mid length, shaggy blonde hair and tan skin. He has bright blue eyes that are often covered by Frogskin Oakleys when he's surfing or just outside on a sunny day. Surfing has given him a fairly muscular body, but he's not ripping out of his shirt anytime soon to show you. He stands at six feet tall, with wider than average shoulders. His lower face is covered in short, trimmed, blonde facial hair. On unusually cold days in Los Angeles, he might wear a long sleeved shirt, but never escalates to a jacket or coat.visiting colder climates involves a trip to the thrift shop, to stock up on warm coats only to return them upon arrival. On the average day he wears tee shirts, Hawaiian shirts, shorts, and flip flops.

USERNAME: Shaka Shaman
CURRENT LEVEL: 142
GUILD: Rising of the Dark Sun

GUILD DESCRIPTION: Micah's personal in-joke with his friend Dillon, this clan exists solely to contrast the followers of "The Way of the Light" (small guild that insincerely worships the sun). Strangely, the guild has picked up many members, most of which have no idea what it is about. They are a mild, generally peaceful group, usually having raiding parties in RAIN. They are known to be laid back and easy going in general, but they still like to have fun.

ACCOLADES & ACHIEVEMENTS:

Hoarder: Has Never Dropped an Item

Dungeon Crawler Lv. 3: Has completed 200 dungeons solo.

Indianna Jones: Has accuired 50 Rare items from Dungeons.

Only got 20 Dollars in My Pocket: Bought 10 Items on sale

Event Horizon: Has watched 50+ events in the arena.

Hanging with my homies: Has spent 300+ hours in a chatroom or lounge

Demon Slayer Lv. 7: Has slayed 300+ Demonoid Enemies Solo

Hanging Loose: Has been voted "Bro of the Year" for 2008

Hey! It's that guy!: Above 30% of our members have said they know who you are.

Totally Rad: Mastered all skateboard stunts in the halfpipe dome

Make a new account already!: Has been a member since the year CLOUD was released (2002)

It builds up: Has been logged on for 1000+ Hours

DAEMON APPEARANCE:

Sorry for tiny image. Basically, it is a red orange, bipedal dragon with tribal clothes on. Nothing too special.

other

ROLEPLAY SAMPLE:

Spoiler:

The sea was calm in the early morning of the 10th of December, and the brisk air that rolled off of it was a pleasant refreshment to those escaping the heat of the sun. It was unseasonably warm, 82 degrees F, and near perfect for surfing. The tide would roll in around 1:30 PM, and the bros would flock to the beach. Micah stood on the pier, overlooking the waves. His friends Peter, a Russian, nudged him.

"Check this out, dude," he said. He almost lost his accent in the vernacular they shared. He pulled up a website on his iPhone, Casual Observations of an Insider. The main article was about a CLOUD rumor. Supposedly, if you logged into CLOUD between 00:00 and 00:01 JST (or 07:00 and 07:01 in his time zone) on the 14th, you would witness a 'sneak peak' at the big unveiling on December 21st. It looked legit, and really, the only negative result could be having to wake up early enough to log in. Micah signed back to Peter.

Awesome. I'll probably log in just to see if it is fake or not. It can't hurt.

Peter nodded his head.

"Yeah bro, I'll probably do that too." Micah gave him a thumbs up, and a signed, Alright, I'm going to class now. Catch you later.

"Seeya. Hang loose, dude." Micah gave him the sign back and walked back to USC.

He walked into his first class of the day, Spanish 101. He could write Spanish pretty well already, but he had to get this class out of the way before he could go onto an advanced course. Professor Garcias strode in, with her usual flair.

"Okay, your mid term papers should already be on my desk, if they're not, then it sucks to be you. Today we're moving on to past tense conjugation....."

Micah tuned her out and pulled out his iPhone. He logged into CLOUD and scrolled to his Guild Home Menu. A few notes were scattered on the screen.

I'mAKite: So dude, yesterday I was in a dungeon on RAIN and I saw this huge bug looking thing. It killed me in like six seconds. It was wicked hahaha.

JeffAlmighty: @I'mAKite: lol dude wanna go team up on it later for some revenge??

Greg-the-goat: @I'mAKite: Can I come too bro? I've been looking for some action lately.

I'mAKite: @JeffAlmighty, Greg-the-goat: Yea bromosapiens, lets do this.

Shaka Shaman: Hahaha go get that bug thing dude. Bring him the wraith of the Dark Suns!

I'mAKite: Hahaha yeah bro gonna make him PAY.

JeffAlmighty: Yeah man he's going down hard. Nobody messes with the K-Man.

I'mAKite: Lol NIICE. Can that be my permanent nickname?

Shaka Shaman: Oh, glorious I'mAKite. You have surpassed the ranks of the minor celestial bodies. We now grant you the epic broness of "K-Man". Bear the name well, and may it instill awesomeness in your legend.

Greg-the-goat: Hahaha omg dude that is EPIC. K-Man represent!

Shaka Shaman: Praise the Rising of the Dark Sun!

Greg-the-goat: Praise!

I'mAKite: Praise!

JeffAlmighty: Praise!

Florenceclad: Praise!

PetrolPete: Praise!

Okay enough of that. The next 100 or so messages would now consist of "Praise!" or something along the lines of "Congrats on the sweet nick, K-Man!" Micah shifted his view to the CIRRUS area where his DAEMON was waiting. He walked through a few stores, but nothing really caught his eye. He strolled down to the cinema, and decided to watch whatever the next show was. The Matrix. Micah shrugged and started streaming the movie. He plugged in his headphones and blocked out the outside world.

(please provide a sufficient sample, describing days up to and including the pre-annoucement. you may include how they heard the rumour, a conversation at school or work if they attend it, a quest or guild or social outing, etc. if you are planning on creating relationships that existed before the start of this roleplay, a joint post is perfectly acceptable. this is what i'll be using to judge whether you are accepted or not so please work hard on it! )

MISCELLANEOUS: Micah himself is mute, but not deaf. Unable to speak, he relies on writing or sign language to communicate (or in this case, just typing messages out on CLOUD) Most people (that don't know him personally) don't know he is mute, because he just doesn't go around telling everyone that. He doesn't neccissarily try to hide it, but if you never ask he probably wouldn't ever tell. He accomplishes most everyday tasks without assistance, but if he's going to the Subway to get a sandwich he brings along a friend who knows sign language, or at the very least, a notepad.

That being said, Micah doesn't let mutism get in his way. He is an avid surfer, an art student at USC, and something of an internet celebrity. Known for his early artwork on various art websites and his later works as a cartoonist on his own, Micah has a humble presence on the web. In CLOUD, it is not uncommon for somwone to ask him, "Hey, aren't you the guy who drew that thing on deviantart?" or "Hey! You're Micah Roran right? I love 'Sun Popes Anonymous'!" He responds to this like he would respond to anything of that nature. "Yeah dude. I love you too."

Old January 31st, 2013, 10:53 PM
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon

Aah!! i love it. i love this cult/guild theyve got going. good one broski! you're accepted!

and im gonna start writing posts omg
Old February 1st, 2013, 06:36 AM
revlis
Ooh, Ooh! I vote makeovers!
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
application for a CLOUD user
FULL NAME: Davis, Fletcher Michael
DATE OF BIRTH: 27/05/1991
CITY & COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE: Melbourne, Australia

APPEARANCE:
Standing at 5 foot 10 and weighing in a little under eighty kilograms, Fletcher is your average Australian university student. The best way to describe Fletcher would be 'dapper'. Beneath a techno-fabric overcoat are generally dress shirts, most of them of the checkered variety. In summer these tend to be unbuttoned with a varying array of under shirts present. He often wears jeans year round except for times in extreme weather such as heat waves in which he resorts to board shorts. Generally, shoes are comfy casual-formal in style, similar to this. With regards to jewellery, a single watch rests on his left wrist.
USERNAME:Atreyu
CURRENT LEVEL: 107
GUILD: Daemonhead
ACCOLADES & ACHIEVEMENTS:
  • Jumping on the Bandwagon - Joining a guild with over 100,000 members.
  • Nearly there! - Participate in the annual ACID Tournament.
  • Dying to Get There! - Having a Death count twice as high as a kill count.
DAEMON APPEARANCE: Fletcher's Daemon is an Arctic Fox with the ability to assume a Human hybrid form for Dungeons, tournaments, etc. Something akin to this.
other
ROLEPLAY SAMPLE:
Spoiler:
"Now class, if you look at the coefficient correlation 'R' here, then you begin to see a small trend start in this direction..."

Fletcher's pen traced shapes and images into the sidelines of his textbook as the lecturer's voice droned on. If it were up to him, he wouldn't have taken this class in the first place. As it turned out, this class was a prerequisite for his core classes in engineering next year. As the class continued on, images began to spread across the pages of the textbook; with the margins now full, not even text was safe. The toll of the bells signalled the end of class and Fletcher made his way as quick as possible out of the lecture hall, thanking god that the torture was finally over.

"So, you amped for the "End of the World" Concert? Atreyu is meant to be playing the opening."

"Hell yeah, dude. Got my tickets ready and everything." Fletcher sized up the small Welsh dude walking beside him. They had been friends for a couple of years now, but the whole 'punk' thing was still hilarious considering his rather 'British' accent he spoke in.

"I can't wait to see Lostprophets play, they from my home town, you know?"

"Yeah, you always mention that, dude. Anyway, I'm off," Fletcher popped open the door to his car, winding down the window as he got in, "you want a ride back to your place?"

"Nah dude, I've still got a Commerce lecture."

"Suit yourself." Fletcher wasn't much off a street racer, but he did love breaking people's silences. With a loud roar he left the student parking lot, zipping down the street rather quickly. With music blaring he let the cool summer's air wash over him. Summer school was such a drag, but he had stuffed around in class in his first year enough to land him having to complete summer school after his third year. Returning home, he would look at lifting some weights before jumping onto the computer, maybe even lose himself in this online world that his brother was so obsessed over.

"Look how pretty she is, when she falls down
Now there is no beauty in, bleeding mascara
Lips are quivering, like a withering rose
She's back again!"

Fletcher check his phone as it flashed obnoxiously with 'You have (1) new messages'. Flicking it open, he sucked in a breath as the text flashed on the display.

~End~

Fletcher furrowed his brow at the rather strange text message. His brother barely even talked to him in Cloud, much less in public which made the text even stranger. Why would Kieran tell Fletcher such a thing? The only reason he even joined Cloud was because Kieran had asked him to in order to get his guild past 400,00 members. Chucking his phone back onto the passegers seat, Fletcher turned the music up again on the stereo, losing himself to the melodies as he ventured back home.

MISCELLANEOUS: Despite being the younger brother of revlis, the two are rarely seen in public together much less on the Cloud server.
Fletcher has only been on Cloud for three years, even then he doesn't spend much time on it; one of those "Casual" users.

Last edited by revlis; February 1st, 2013 at 08:03 PM.
Old February 1st, 2013, 07:10 AM
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon

ichiro you sly dog you

for those in the five taking on the monsters in the middle of the stadium, here is a quick recap of the class kits since someone will probably ask about them:

Spoiler:
class kit contents and information:

Soldier: your basic all-rounding, one hand and one shielded, close-range fighter. kit contains a basic sword, shield and a full set of mid-weight armour

Ranger: a bow wielding, long range fighter with great attack distance and speed and cruddy defence and attack. kit contains a basic bow and arrow set and a full set of light armour

Theif: a very speedy, dual-knife wielder with great evasion and accuracy but lousy attack and defence. kit contains a basic dual-daggers and a full set of light armour

Black Mage: offensive, magic casting user who can cast elemental spells with a staff but have very poor defence and speed. kit contains a basic staff, a black ring and a full set of robes

White Mage: defensive, magic casting user who heals and can cast buffs and debuffs with a staff with great HP and recovery but awful attack. kit contains basic staff, a white ring and a full set of robes

first in best dressed so if you want to nab your favourite class (for now. there'll be plenty of opportunities later to equip properly), GO!!!
Old February 1st, 2013, 07:18 AM
Doctor
& time lord

Nature: Naive
durr, dips on the Black Mage kit! It won't suit Ryuujinx at all, I think xD But that's what would make the situation fun. As long as you promise that she'll get opportunity to equip more soldier-like later on ;)

I'll have time to write a proper IC post in the evening, likely, but I don't have time now so :(
Old February 1st, 2013, 07:19 AM
Lilizuki
The Wise Lesbian

Oh, we're calling dibs here? Dibs on Thief, then.

Edit: Red y u edit so much. d:
Old February 1st, 2013, 02:04 PM
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon

DeLaMuerte, did you grab soldier or ranger because you said a ranger kit but you're equipping a sword? d:

Yeah, the class kits is just so we can mop through these dudes easier. Also, because you have weapons equipped now (except Kemono Vera lol) you can learn skills. Which you are welcome to make up as long as you make them weakish crud since we're all weaaaaaaak.

So yeah feel free to mop down enemies now

Edit: if you don't feel like making anything up, I basically got the classes from here: (link!!!)

Last edited by Skymin; February 1st, 2013 at 02:10 PM.
Old February 1st, 2013, 02:36 PM
Lilizuki
The Wise Lesbian

Yeah, Vera's generally an unarmed combatant. I figure that such a style would require a bracelet or gauntlets or something, to use skills with.
Old February 2nd, 2013, 02:18 PM
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilizuki View Post
Yeah, Vera's generally an unarmed combatant. I figure that such a style would require a bracelet or gauntlets or something, to use skills with.
I wouldn't mind if you had a monster drop a low-levelled pair of gauntlets~

And Ichiro, you're officially accepted instead of just unofficially-through-skype accepted.

Also, kids grabbing the class kits, you are all welcome to start mowing down monsters and getting to the light. Remember, there's 10 of them, with 1 down. so nine left. GO MOW!

edit: for everyone else, you are welcome to beat a monster and grab your own class kits. don't worry, there will be opportunities later to get better classes and better weapons. at this time, all the normal npc shops and big brand shops will be closed. if you are unsure what to do now, just say and i'll give you something to do ;D
Old February 2nd, 2013, 02:34 PM
Lt. Col. Fantastic
The Arianator

It's cool if Micah comes in and joins the main party now, right? I don't want to just grab a kit and haul out of there, so I wanna stick around with you guys if its alright.

And if we're still calling classes...I call the white mage!

Old February 2nd, 2013, 10:42 PM
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon

haha that's absolutely fine~ post away!
Old February 4th, 2013, 08:10 AM
DLMuerte
#aldnoahzero

Nature: Rash
Send a message via Skype™ to DLMuerte
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skymin View Post
DeLaMuerte, did you grab soldier or ranger because you said a ranger kit but you're equipping a sword? d:

Yeah, the class kits is just so we can mop through these dudes easier. Also, because you have weapons equipped now (except Kemono Vera lol) you can learn skills. Which you are welcome to make up as long as you make them weakish crud since we're all weaaaaaaak.

So yeah feel free to mop down enemies now

Edit: if you don't feel like making anything up, I basically got the classes from here: (link!!!)
Sorry everyone. I was thinking about becoming a ranger, but I decided on soldier. D: My bad.

YA | S: WoF | FE: TRW | F:TLoD
Old February 5th, 2013, 02:05 AM
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon

Haha that's ok!!

and just letting you know, Lt. Col Fantastic, that you won't be able to use your wings for flight yet. you don't need to edit your post, just keep it in mind~
Old February 5th, 2013, 02:06 AM
Doctor
& time lord

I'm lazy, so lazy.

I'll be posting soon etc. etc.
Old February 5th, 2013, 04:00 AM
Lt. Col. Fantastic
The Arianator

Okay, I'll keep that in mind!

Maybe for now it can just be that he sort of glided down there on a convenient breeze...or something.

Old February 5th, 2013, 04:54 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

I haven't forgotten either; my post is coming reeeeeally soon~!

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old February 5th, 2013, 12:49 PM
Nakuzami
That Person's Name Is . . .
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers View Post
I'm lazy, so lazy.

I'll be posting soon etc. etc.
Please, act like you've posted less times than I have. >.>;

And to think, I actually started writing a post last week.

I should get back to that. ._.;
Old February 7th, 2013, 12:29 AM
Doctor
& time lord

I'll come assist ya, Fletcher! I just have some important things to do today before I can sit down and properly write RP posts :p Life took a busy turn.
Old February 7th, 2013, 12:59 AM
revlis
Ooh, Ooh! I vote makeovers!
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers View Post
I'll come assist ya, Fletcher! I just have some important things to do today before I can sit down and properly write RP posts :p Life took a busy turn.
No problem. I'm working on my MAO post.

Say Skymin, are there going to be specific roles like Tank, DPS and Healer? Or will it be like Secret World and all...bleugh?
Old February 7th, 2013, 04:48 AM
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 雷影 イチロ View Post
Say Skymin, are there going to be specific roles like Tank, DPS and Healer? Or will it be like Secret World and all...bleugh?
Depends how you build your character I suppose. I'm happy for people to do what they want (within reason) and you'll have plenty a chance later to suit up your characters once we break through these monsters, everyone gets to cloud lands and I can break to day 2. FUN THINGS HAPPEN IN DAY TWO. SO KILL ALL THE ENEMIES!!!!
Old February 7th, 2013, 01:02 PM
Lt. Col. Fantastic
The Arianator

So like if we wanted to make a combination class like knight+black mage=mystic knight we could do that?

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here