The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 3rd, 2013, 10:53 AM
vapes
Togepi

Nature: Lonely

Advertise here
Now that Pokemon Black/White 2 have been out for a while, many of you have probably gotten pretty far into it. My question is: what do you guys think of the game and how does it compare to the previous installments?
Personally I found this one to be the best one out of all, especially its soundtrack which beats all the others. What are your thoughts?
Old January 3rd, 2013, 11:02 AM
Sarah Morgan
Mime Jr.

I loved the story, the new towns and features. (I have yet to win a PWT though)
Old January 3rd, 2013, 11:12 AM
vapes
Togepi

PWT is a lot of fun, especially the champions round

White FC: 2967 8981 9744

White 2 FC: 4342 1706 0881 (usually for trades; I have pretty good Pokes in my PC)

Old January 3rd, 2013, 11:59 AM
pokemanmdj
Random Passerby

Nature: Relaxed
I absolutely LOVE B2/W2. I feel that they improved on a lot of things, and added more features to the game itself. I feel, that it's possible, that B2/W2 are one of the greatest Pokemon games ever made. o.o
That's my opinion, of course, but still- they're pretty great.
Old January 3rd, 2013, 01:09 PM
vapes
Togepi

I completely agree; the game is addicted as anything and offers somewhat of a challenge when compared to the previous installments.

White 2 FC: 4342 1706 0881 (usually for trades; I have pretty good Pokes in my PC)

Old January 3rd, 2013, 01:13 PM
shubshub
Master of The Y

Nature: Quiet
White Treehollow was really good
Especially because you get Money and Experience
[Pokemon White 2]: 3182 4860 8214 [OT: Chris ID: 62513]
[Nintendo 3DS]: 4441 8375 5933 [Pokemon Y]

My Favorite Pokémon!
Garchomp
Powered By Kabigon! -The Website Made by me-

Coming Soon!
The Pokemon X&Y Pokemon Outpost
Old January 3rd, 2013, 03:20 PM
Ω Ruby and α Sapphire
Hope will never die! ~Lucina

Nature: Quiet
I love Black and White 2, they were a good step in the right direction for the franchise. I loved the PWT and all the little extra areas all around Unova. The storyline was also great too! The second best games in the franchise, but don't listen to me because I'm biased on this haha. Now where's my Gen III remake???? :P
Old January 3rd, 2013, 03:44 PM
Gary0ak
TPP ROM Hacker

I love the PWT, you get to battle every trainer including me!
Old January 3rd, 2013, 06:13 PM
Skylands

Nature: Calm
The new features, namely the Pokémon World Tournament and Habitat section of the Pokédex, made these games enjoyable. The plot, including Team Plasma, was darker. I think N's innocent ideals made BW1's plot much less threatening. I really like the new Team Plasma uniform designs as well, definitely gave off the Team Aqua feel. The ability to catch previous generation Pokémon made me quite happy too as many happen to be my favourite.

My only complaint about BW2 is how they executed Team Plasma, in what I thought was rushed.
Old January 4th, 2013, 09:19 PM
sandslash234
Unhatched Egg

After looking back at Red and Blue, I love how the graphics are coming along.

I found it down right hilarious how the rival acted, but I haven't finished the game yet though.

But so far, it may be my favorite!
Old January 4th, 2013, 09:21 PM
Gideon Jeremiah
The giving Pokèmon breeder

Nature: Docile
I enjoy Black 2 immensely!
Especially the rival so far; having one which is as friendly (nearly so) as Wally, just makes me fill up with a warm feeling of nostalgia & child-like joy~
Old January 4th, 2013, 11:45 PM
Hikamaru
The Sea Otter Pokémon
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I have to say I loved the scenery of these games and the extra stuff they added in to fix most fans' disappointment of Black and White, the Pokemon World Tournament was fun, along with the expanded Pokedex which made team-building easier, and the fact the wild Pokemon are now a little bit more challenging to fight.

And not to mention Rosa is now my new fave protagonist from the series.

paired with awolfsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | profile | supporter

Old January 5th, 2013, 12:09 AM
Starry Windy
Cute, yet Strong!
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
I think Black 2 and White 2 are great, the first to have a regional Pokedex which contains more than 300 Pokemon (Victini counted), PWT, Join Avenue, and Pokestar Studio. Compared to original BW, B2W2 in overall has much better storyline and features.
Pairs | PC Family | My PC Blog | Twitter | Tumblr
Still Windvisible atm 'cos I'm still working on a better health.
Old January 5th, 2013, 12:57 AM
Sweet Smoochum
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Bashful
Imagine a fire type with Chlorophyll. A good excuse to teach it Sunny Day, so it moves faster, and charges up moves like Lava Plume. I'd like to see a new Pokemon like that. (I know they haven't added any new Pokemon to the game.)
Old January 6th, 2013, 10:11 PM
vapes
Togepi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Smoochum View Post
Imagine a fire type with Chlorophyll. A good excuse to teach it Sunny Day, so it moves faster, and charges up moves like Lava Plume. I'd like to see a new Pokemon like that. (I know they haven't added any new Pokemon to the game.)
You mean like a fire/grass type? Because having chlorophyll on a fire type wouldn't really make any sense.
Although a fire/grass type sounds pretty deadly...flying being its only weakness.

Old January 6th, 2013, 10:36 PM
SamuJake
I beat Red when I was 8' bro.

Nature: Modest
Well, I just started a few days ago and I'm liking it!
Old January 10th, 2013, 06:13 AM
Raichupacabra
Villain

Nature: Hasty
I think these are the best games in the series, tied with HeartGold and SoulSilver. It's probably because they expanded Unova, tied loose-ends, brought back gym leaders, and basically you have something to do when you beat the game.

Currently Playing: Pokemon X | 3DS Friend Code: 4313-1107-3365
(PM me with your Friend Code and tell me if you have added me)
Old January 26th, 2013, 08:38 AM
satotaku
Generation 1's last hope

With how quickly generation 5 was brought to an end it can definitely be seen as a compromise and a stop-gap generation while they were working on Generation 6 but it definitely is no slouch in the story department and the graphics are a huge step up for the DS and there's alot of little nice additions.
Old January 26th, 2013, 09:01 AM
Gyardosamped
entering snake habitat
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Send a message via Skype™ to Gyardosamped
I loved the upgraded graphics and storyline of B2/W2, as well as that it was a sequel, which brought something new to the franchise. I liked how the storyline expanded, but it still had that B/W feel to it.
Old January 26th, 2013, 12:44 PM
chella182
Drowzee

Nature: Rash
Having almost completely completed (i.e. including post-game stuff) Black 2, I can safely say that I prefer it to Black. I just found the storyline much more enjoyable, there's more to do post-game, and I liked how the older Pokémon were available immediately. I mean, I understand why they weren't in Black, but yeah.

Old January 26th, 2013, 03:15 PM
Cicko
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Calm
I've got both Black and Black 2 and I think the second is way much better than the first, because of all the many sidequests and things you get to do, that were missing in pokemon Black. In fact, I'm still playing to Black 2, wereas i left a bit over Black

(Still waiting for Ruby and Sapphire, maybe in 3D? )
Old January 26th, 2013, 05:40 PM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
The region's expansions were excellent, and I loved the music. The gyms were so and so, I mean come on 3 gyms were basically battle to move on without any puzzles, and I'm kind of irked that Undella is basically the center of east Unova and is still a town. Pokewood although, is one of the best additions to the series, and I hope that they eventually give us a bigger and better one in the future.
Old January 27th, 2013, 05:40 AM
Rϵd
Ahola Bith

Nature: Careful
I really liked it, even more than Black and White. The new towns, PWT, PokeStar studios, it was all perfect, mainly the storyline. I loved it. I would give a 9/10. rating for this game. What I didn't like in the game was that you couldn't met Hilbert and Hilda...I would love to battle them.

Theme | Pairs | PC Battle Server

I am gone bye
Old January 27th, 2013, 04:52 PM
mdbarton80
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Relaxed
I have definitely got sidetracked with everything that you can do in White 2. I do enjoy being able to catch so many different pokemon early on and getting to gain access to moves and items early on. The graphics are very nice and I love the rival storyline. I enjoy doing my Joint Avenue and the Battle Subway is a blast. The PWT is pretty nice and I like you can rebattle gym leaders. I wish the starters would have been tweaked a little more but they are still fun to play around with. I still have a ways to go as I am only at my seventh badge and there is so much more left but all in all best time investment my daughter and I have invested!
Old January 27th, 2013, 05:50 PM
QuickSilveri
Veteran

I personally enjoy it. All the goal are still there (like completing the pokedex, which i enjoy doing) and interestingly enough, there are a lot of hidden events that you can trigger in the endgame. Whats funny is when you happen upon something after youve beaten the game (pretty significant events) that arent covered in online game guides.

My favorite part about B2W2 is the fact that we start on the other side of Unova, and you hear your BW character's story in bits and pieces. He is the reigning hero, and you are following in your own character's footsteps. Great touch GameFreak, great touch.
Rating 10/10

Regards, Chris
Started: Pokemon Yellow for GBC
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their Pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon up legally, put this in your signature.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here