The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge

Notices

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 7th, 2013, 06:40 AM
Aques Keus
Swaggins
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Well Shakespeare doesn't seem to think so =.=

Frio & Elise || Jayce & Jayce 2
Old August 7th, 2013, 06:45 AM
Songbird
Conductor of the POOP TRAIN!

Send a message via Skype™ to Songbird
Gotta admit, Oberon is a pretty good-looking fairy. Y'know, for a male fairy.

I still prefer Titania, though.

Last edited by Songbird; August 7th, 2013 at 06:52 AM.
Old August 7th, 2013, 06:54 AM
Lilizuki
The Wise Lesbian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khawill View Post
Well Shakespeare doesn't seem to think so =.=
Shakespeare was wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Songbird View Post
Gotta admit, Oberon is a pretty good-looking fairy. Y'know, for a male fairy.

*snip*
Nope.
Old August 7th, 2013, 07:02 AM
Rose Quartz
Let's change our fate

Send a message via Skype™ to Rose Quartz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Songbird View Post
I have a question, too.

What will Ryuu do about Yuria since he disappeared with Marie?
Welll… It will take a while until Ryuu will notice his disappearance since class ended for the day. He'll probably notice the next IC day unless someone consults him about it. Same goes for the unconscious students… unless someone consults him about them he won't find them.

Lili- I uhm… will think about it.
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki / Ryuu Higoroshi / Luna / Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old August 7th, 2013, 07:52 AM
Aques Keus
Swaggins
Community Supporter

I was just going to have Frio and Elsie sleep it outside or something

Frio & Elise || Jayce & Jayce 2
Old August 7th, 2013, 08:03 AM
Dusk
Fighting to Renew my Past...

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilizuki View Post
Because male fairies are gross.
Welp, Lili got the 2500th post!

I feel like it went by the death rather quickly, but otherwise, that was a pretty interesting post.

And don't worry, Saigishi's assistance will be provided after he deals with his current situation.

Old August 7th, 2013, 09:17 AM
Geras32
Slightly less of a noob

Nature: Serious
HEY GUYS I SUDDENLY DECIDED I WANTED TO MAKE A MALE FAIRY CHARACTER!!!

@PinkSapphire: Yorick was there too so he probably saw Solo die. The way he saw it, though, it was that Solo switched targets and Elise killed him.

P.S. Elise is so hot!
Old August 7th, 2013, 10:09 AM
machomuu
Master Spark is Comin' to Town
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
I think Shin Megami Tensei and Shakespeare are enough to keep fairies male as well.
Old August 7th, 2013, 10:33 AM
Lord Sephear
Hello Ladies!

Oh my, too much OOC to go through and find all the explanations...damn my tardiness.

Last edited by Lord Sephear; August 7th, 2013 at 10:38 AM.
Old August 7th, 2013, 11:52 AM
Lilizuki
The Wise Lesbian

Well, Succubus should be made a race available for all genders, if Fairy is made into one.

After all, there are many more cultural references to Incubi than male Pixies. There are many male Fey, but very few of them are referred to as short, pretty, and bearing wings.

Unless one wishes to argue that a Japanese Series and an author are greater authorities on a subject than the Western cultures themselves...
Old August 7th, 2013, 12:56 PM
machomuu
Community Supporter

Well, Shin Mgami Tensei has Incubus, too, so I'm all for it (Well, I'm for it regardless). I'd post a picture, but I like being a member here.

Having said that, I don't think they should be allowed simply because Fairies are to be male accessible as well. Male fairies go without saying, but incubi are rarely mentioned when succubi are. This is largely due to lack of general knowledge about them, people just assume that succubi are female only. I think it just seems fair to have both genders as accessible characters unless here is a given reason as to why one exists and the other doesn't.

On a related note, if we are to keep succubi and incubi, we need a Sex Ed class...well, we need one regrdless. It can't be avoided, especially given the academy's goal towards youkai-human interaction and especially in the cases of the aforementioned.
Old August 7th, 2013, 01:03 PM
Lilizuki
The Wise Lesbian

My point is that male fairies don't go without saying. The only reason I didn't specify to Pink when proposing the Fairy race, that they should be female-only, is because I assumed female-only was something that went without saying.

And please remind me why Shin Migami Tensei is being used as a basis for creatures from Western Culture? Based on my, limited, knowledge, everything is considered a demon in that game anyway.
Old August 7th, 2013, 01:23 PM
Geras32
Slightly less of a noob

Nature: Serious
In my opinion, I think Incubi should be a thing, but I also think that male fairies should also be a thing. I honestly don't care what the right thing is, I only care that it gives people more options for character creation. This is PinkSapphires own universe (no, it's not the R+V universe. It's based on it, but it's not) so technically there isn't even a right in the first place until she decides one.

Also, found Wolfy's Lycan TK explanation:
Spoiler:
To put a visual perspective on it, it's essentially using the mind to apply an energy field at the designated spot, to do just about anything, within reason. Solo isn't a good example of proper use or constraint, but the way he uses it in dangerous situations shows just how far you can go with it.

For example, let's start with something simple, like carrying a backpack with telekinetic power. The mind has a limited capacity for this energy, which can be extended through thorough training. However, the upside to a limited energy capacity is a decently fast recharge rate (for Solo, he always overexerts his energy, but it comes back at 5% capacity per post). Most things that calm calm the mind or ease pain on the brain can intervene and add a faster recharge; for example, painkillers will ease Solo's brain and recharge his powers 20% per post over three posts. Tea settles his nerves and gives an instant 50% recharge for the post where he drinks a cup. Emotions like anger can cause the user to overexert this energy, using roughly up to three times the energy than what they'd need, simply due to a lack of control when angered or frustrated. A key point of maintaining a steady flow is focus and concentration, another key aspect to TK powers. To lift the backpack, you have to focus TK energy under it, then lift that energy, and in turn, the backpack. Some inexperienced users might apply more than enough energy under it, or try to wrap the whole object in energy. Both would drain energy faster, but wrapping it in energy does give more control, albeit wasted energy.

Now, to explain how complex it can be used, I'll go back to an example caused by Solo, back when he first fought with the Werewolf. The werewolf picked him up and was holding him upside down by one ankle. Solo used his TK energy to propel his outward-hanging leg, spinning him in a circle and causing that foot to collide with the werewolf's head, a moderately powerful kick that came from an otherwise inescapable situation. Neat, right? The possibilities are nearly endless, dependent on the situation. In another situation, Solo amplified his punches with TK, adding extra force to his swings by propelling his arms with TK power.

How much energy your character uses depends on how he/she has used the powers and how much training they've gone through; not to mention their personality.

Now, in comparison to others, it's fairly simple. Mages and Lycans are fairly on the same level, however, Lycans have an advantage in that instead of focusing on multiple types of abilities, they've used one type for their entire life, and it's pretty straightforward. However, to even things out, I came up with the idea that Lycans are susceptible to spells, for example, when Solo was paralyzed in the cafeteria.

Lycans are devastatingly strong in one-on-one fights, however when facing a group they start to fall short. Lycans' TK powers are only usable at one spot or place at a time. Only a lot of training and expertise (as well as mental training) could allow a Lycan to focus on two places at once, or possibly even more. However, these are students, most of which haven't had proper training.
Old August 7th, 2013, 01:24 PM
Songbird

Each demon in the Shin Megami Tensei series has a profile telling you about their mythology, which typically stays close to their origins.
Old August 7th, 2013, 01:24 PM
machomuu
Community Supporter

SMT being "The word of God" was mosly joking, but regardless, the demons in that series are all either youkai or divine beings. Or historical characters, in some cases. It's not a bad basis for youkai/religous knowledge (refer to Songbird's post) and it's a great way to spread your knowledge and interest in those areas, though I'd always recommend at least on other source for more detail. In that game, the words "demon" and "youkai" are basically synonymous.

And I'd say, as far as common knowledge is concerned, you're bound to find more people who know about male fairies tha incubi. Even if it were wrong (though I can say without a shadow of a doubt that it isn't) that it would go without saying because people generally naturally assume that succubi are all female (which, on a gramatical level, is true, but only on a grammatical level) and that fairies can go either way. That's wha tends to be the case most of the time, at least, especially due to popular media.

Anyway, I think that they should both have male and female versions, so that's one vote for me.

Last edited by machomuu; August 7th, 2013 at 01:29 PM.
Old August 7th, 2013, 01:34 PM
Lilizuki
The Wise Lesbian

I'm fine with fairies having a male counterpart if Succubi do too.

@Machomuu: There are only female Succubi, yes. Because the male ones are called Incubi. And, from my experience with D&D players, who tend to be really into this kind of thing, most people have equal knowledge of both male fairies and Incubi. If only for the fact that it's possible to play a female in those games.

@Songbird: That would be lovely, if anybody could point to a single origin for anything. But you can't, so chances are they cherry pick their descriptions of the monsters.
Old August 7th, 2013, 01:45 PM
machomuu
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilizuki View Post
I'm fine with fairies having a male counterpart if Succubi do too.

@Machomuu: There are only female Succubi, yes. Because the male ones are called Incubi. And, from my experience with D&D players, who tend to be really into this kind of thing, most people have equal knowledge of both male fairies and Incubi. If only for the fact that it's possibly to play a female in those games.
I know what an incubus is <_<

And I understand that a D&D players would understand it as well. Same with peple like me who have an interest in the different types of youkai. That's not my point. I'm talking about any person in general, an average person, and their knowledge of the two or lack thereof. I would think some of the people who joined qualify as the latter and not as the former two. I'm not even disgreeing wih you, I'm just saying that it's understandable for PS to know about the male version of one and not the other. That's all I'm getting at.

Last edited by machomuu; August 7th, 2013 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Clarity
Old August 7th, 2013, 01:46 PM
Lord Sephear
Hello Ladies!

Oh, thanks again Geras...hmm...that TK description makes me feel like I was using it right at least...although I could probably have used more detail.

As far as the whole Incubi Male Fairies thing I have to say I agree that they should both be available for a lot of raisins, mostly the quite flavorful ones offered already.

And back to the Lycan's and disguise thing it seems to me that in reference to the R+V universe (even though it HAS been mentioned that this is in fact Sapphire's universe and she has final say on it all.) All the Youkai's human forms/shapes are illusions, but their true shapes only seem to vaguely impact their human appearances AND when they change it does in face appear as if they are physically changing despite the fact that the humanity is merely a facade. So that being said I feel fairly justified in my light referencing of Lerion almost changing back.

@Machomuu Looking forward to your next post what a great start to a friendship! Getting sucker-punched out of the air ftw!

Last edited by Lord Sephear; August 7th, 2013 at 01:49 PM. Reason: That thing where you think something and then act as if you put it and move on at first >.<
Old August 7th, 2013, 01:49 PM
Lilizuki
The Wise Lesbian

Quote:
Originally Posted by machomuu View Post
And I understand that a D&D players would understand it as well. Same with peple like me who have an interest in the different types of youkai. That's not my point. I'm talking about any person in general, an average person, and their knowledge of the two or lack thereof. I would think some of the people who joined qualify as the latter and not as the former two. I'm not even disgreeing wih you, I'm just saying that it's understandable for PS to know about the male version of one and not the other. That's all I'm getting at.
I understand that it's fair for Pink to not know of them, seeing as I don't believe they're represented in her source material. Sorry, I didn't get that was the point you were trying to make.
Old August 7th, 2013, 07:27 PM
Songbird

You are all now being saved from screaming "it's all bloody murder" by way of a rom-com.
Old August 7th, 2013, 08:33 PM
Lord Sephear
Hello Ladies!

Well at least there's no ravens saying Red Rum.
Old August 7th, 2013, 10:13 PM
Dusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Sephear View Post
And back to the Lycan's and disguise thing it seems to me that in reference to the R+V universe (even though it HAS been mentioned that this is in fact Sapphire's universe and she has final say on it all.) All the Youkai's human forms/shapes are illusions, but their true shapes only seem to vaguely impact their human appearances AND when they change it does in face appear as if they are physically changing despite the fact that the humanity is merely a facade. So that being said I feel fairly justified in my light referencing of Lerion almost changing back.
Yeah, this is only based on the show (Something I haven't watched, and honestly don't have the desire to at this point in time) but in Sapphy's hands it's become something very, very different.

As for Lycans, well, as far as I know, they don't exist in that show (unless I got really lucky, which I doubt). They're something that I created personally for the RP because I had wanted to join (even though I'd had too many RPs at the time) because there was a current lack of places with all of the races that I'd had creative ideas for. That said, I have my sources for this species (something that probably very, very few may ever find) so I know practically every aspect of Lycans. The Telekinesis is something that I'd suggested just so the race would have a race-specific power. The actual Lycans are, as I'd described, wolves in merely every way, with the bonus of Humanoid Illusion. There are a few legends and whatnot from multiple cultures about wolves in Human disguise, who are able to blend in and even speak the Human tongue. Many who knew of them believed that they were living amongst the Humans, living perfectly 'normal' Human lives, with no one any the wiser.

This goes even deeper than legends, but I don't want to flood the thread (or any of you personally) with walls of text about Lycans as a race and a legend. I question their plausibility in this world, but it could be very well possible, if it is true. As for other worlds...

Anyways, back to you Sephear, part of those legends told that these magical creatures changed in the blink of an eye, a single heartbeat, a moment in time. Some stories involved hunters chasing down a wolf for its pelt, and as they gave chase, the wolf would suddenly dart off behind a tree. However, when the hunters immediately caught up, they saw nothing. They say that the majestic wolf had taken out one of the hunters and then changed in appearance to look like said hunter. The Humans were none the wiser. These stories are very rare, and date back as early as the 保安 (Hōan) Era, which is roughly around the years 1123–1142 A.D.

There were a few supposed sightings that also implied that it was a sudden switch rather than a step-by-step transformation, but considering how the world is when it comes to Bigfoot sightings or UFO sightings, any 'sightings' could be falsified.

Any information on this topic is nearly impossible to come by, and is entirely impossible to stumble onto by mistake, making this about as 'underground' as possible. That said, I wouldn't discourage anyone from looking up this sort of thing. (The internet is a place of learning! And Rule 34! Thanks, 4chan!)

I don't know if any of the sources you may find will refer to them directly as Lycans (Only a few of the ones I'd found actually gave them a name), since most of them leave the creature unnamed.

Happy Googling! (Or not. It really depends on who you are.)

Old August 7th, 2013, 10:31 PM
machomuu
Community Supporter

With the information you've given, lycans seem to bear an eerie resemblance to nekomatas.

And tanuki, in some ways, though far less so in their case than with nekomatas.
Old August 7th, 2013, 10:38 PM
Lord Sephear
Hello Ladies!

Hmm, well let's just say that Lerion didn't switch as fast as usual because he wasn't trying to, he was contemplating it but the surge of adrenaline/excitement of combat caused some of his more wolfy features to appear.
Old August 7th, 2013, 10:41 PM
Dusk

In a way I suppose, but the Lycans are much less threatening than what I've read/seen of the Nekomata. They seem so... Hostile.

That honestly doesn't make much sense Sephear, but I would rather not start any more ruckus here than we already get. Just think of that post as a history/legend teaching!

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links